Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

OdinsBeard posted:

According to the TWAB all 6 subclasses that have shown up so far will be available in the beta. Top skill path only, though.

This makes me thing they might be holding back the other 3.

I saw one of the lead designers respond to someone on Twitter who was asking about the missing subclasses:

https://twitter.com/knowsworthy/status/885530260371943425

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUNKOS posted:

I saw one of the lead designers respond to someone on Twitter who was asking about the missing subclasses:

My butt has moved more precariously to the edge of my seat. | ) )

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This is bullshit, tops get to play the beta but bottoms get the shaft, again.

So it's XBox exclusive?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bungie has always given the shaft to all equally.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

The thing someone pointed out earlier in the thread about ikora, zavala and cayde being on different planets and possibly giving you a quest for a new subclass kinda made a bit of sense.

You start with whatever subclass per class then when you reach a certain level of completion you head to wherever to find zavala/cayde/ikora who gives you a quest to do something to find more light like a dead ghost or a new bit of traveller or warmind technology and you get a similar mission to the ttk subclass ones. Do all their poo poo and as a plus get a reward like a bit of +cooldown armor for completion.

It would be kind of interesting if you got to pick your starting subclasses and unlocked the other ones along the way at certain points too.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

SUNKOS posted:

This made a lot of sense once they announced you'd get 6 subclasses in the beta. They'd want to hold something back, and subclass talent trees isn't enough.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I hope Warlock Stormbringer or whatever it's called does more than just Palpatine around the map. I want to summon big gently caress all lightning blasts down on some fools.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm keen to see what they do with hammers too. I like that all the supers seem to burn out quick enough that even if something is a little strong it's not going to be stormcaller levels OP.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
How about a big fuckoff hammer that I can only swing once but kills everyone within 100m

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

the good fax machine posted:

How about a big fuckoff hammer that I can only swing once but kills everyone within 100m

That's just stealing from Call of Duty

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Good news, just got back from
bungie HQ and motion capturing my dilznick

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Good news, just got back from
bungie HQ and motion capturing my dilznick

Enjoy the jail time Nda breaker.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
:crossarms:

There's already a patch for the Des2ny beta.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

:crossarms:

There's already a patch for the Des2ny beta.

Patch Notes:

-Fixed an issue where people wanted to play Destiny 2

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

well I finally preordered the standard edition

to disguise my identity from those who are sick of me, I will be changing my psn to sjackson13

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/AnnialisFTW/status/885960531818930176?s=09

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

legit laughed at this

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

legit laughed at this

Hahaha same. I doubt it'll last but at least the closest age will be the golden age of ricepaper.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 17, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Did they actually confirm that? I thought the last thing they said was the usual "we'll focus on connection quality but we also want to ensure a good experience for everyone" which means there will totally be SSBM.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

haveblue posted:

Did they actually confirm that? I thought the last thing they said was the usual "we'll focus on connection quality but we also want to ensure a good experience for everyone" which means there will totally be SSBM.

There's gonna be Smash Bros in D2?!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
lol if anyone believes bungie won't have SBMM in D2.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Because they will.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They might turn off/turn down SBMM the first month or two when the population is enormous, just to keep things moving fast.

But once people start building out optimal loadouts and New Trials(tm) is up and running they'll be forced to switch it back on.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I'm almost certain the move to 4v4 for everything is to help mask SBMM and how it hits queue times in 6s. It's the Bungie thing to do.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The default in the Halo games was 4v4. I don't find it that surprising. Though since they like multiples of 3 for Destiny I'm kind of surprised they didn't do 3v3.

Maybe we'll end up with an 8v8 Big Team Battle sort of playlist down the road?

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

So I preordered for Xbone and redeemed my code but I still haven't received an email or anything to download the client for the beta? Does Xbone not get to pre-load it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

There's gonna be Smash Bros in D2?!

Something that's good to play casually until the grognards figure out all the best moves and suck all the fun out of it? Absolutely

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RedneckwithGuns posted:

So I preordered for Xbone and redeemed my code but I still haven't received an email or anything to download the client for the beta? Does Xbone not get to pre-load it?

Search for it in the store on your xbox and you should be able to download it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

How fast the Destiny 2 beta loads on a PS4 Pro with a SSD.

It's gonna give me that 5 second head start if the servers don't poo poo the bed :smug:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

It's gonna give me that 5 second head start if the servers don't poo poo the bed :smug:

Nice. I just ordered an SSD to stick in my launch console, and I'm also getting a Pro sometime between now and launch, and I'm going to test the differences between an upgraded regular PS4 and stock Pro before I upgrade the Pro. Especially with regard to menu loading times.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

actionjackson posted:

well I finally preordered the standard edition

to disguise my identity from those who are sick of me, I will be changing my psn to sjackson13

Rez me bitch

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If you preorder on an xbone in the digital store can you easily cancel the preorder at a later date?

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about

CheeseFactory posted:

What do you mean "if", still that's pretty fast maybe i should invest in a ssd for my ps4

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Legion of One posted:

What do you mean "if", still that's pretty fast maybe i should invest in a ssd for my ps4

It seemed pretty instant to me. But then again i dont know what the normal load times look like

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Blind Rasputin posted:

If you preorder on an xbone in the digital store can you easily cancel the preorder at a later date?

I cancelled my preorder for the regular version so I could get the deluxe instead. You have to contact support either by phone or the chat on their support page, but it wasn't too hard.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about

CheeseFactory posted:

It seemed pretty instant to me. But then again i dont know what the normal load times look like

Just loaded my one up, yours was a tiny bit faster.
Was watching some of IGNs videos on the new Sentinel subclass and it may be my new main in D2 unless the warlock has something to win me back. Having the option of using ethier the captain america shield or the old ward of dawn super is interesting.

Legion of One fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 16, 2017

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I can't decide if I want to pre-order on Xbone or PS4. I have IRL friends on PS4 but the bone knew is on Xbox. First world problems.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Doctor Zero posted:

I can't decide if I want to pre-order on Xbone or PS4. I have IRL friends on PS4 but the bone knew is on Xbox. First world problems.

PS4

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Doctor Zero posted:

Both, obviously.

I had the same problem, but not anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Patch Notes:

-Fixed an issue where people wanted to play Destiny 2

Not all players are experiencing the glitch but they'll have it fixed for everyone by launch.