Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

HGH posted:

All I have is this one blurry image I saw going around so I'm not sure how real it is:

This is probably an awkward inbetween movement shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

There was a preview pic on the website of her looking like she was in Ultra Super Saiyan for whatever reason, maybe like on the way to 2?

And yeah the guys from U4 hiding was commented on, Tien noticed them. Weird that only that universe got guys capable of that though.

It makes a degree of sense in that universe 4 seems to be the sneaky/underhanded universe and has fighters to match, much like 3 being the robot universe or 9 being the trashcan universe.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
well i guess that dragonball order theory is probably right lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Krillin did things!

and then he died

I liked his dual tech with 18, dude put some work in. Now for Goku meeting his daughter from another world and teaching her how to piss off reddit fanboys.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kurui Reiten posted:

Two possibilities there.

One: That's unfinished animation, and those characters haven't been finalized yet, and when it's put on blu-ray they'll edit in their faces and stuff.

Two: Turns out you CAN enter the tournament with less than ten people, and for whatever reason they've decided that's a better idea than filling those slots with randoms.

Three: They're there, but really really small.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Krillin's fight against the fox guy reminds me of that time he fought against this smelly dude and had a hard time before he realized he didn't have a nose and won handily.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Depending on how next week goes, we might lose most of Universe 6. :ohdear:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea but caulifla will probably be ok so it's fine

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Honestly I see 4 going out next. It's just furry universe #2.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Really hope it keeps being a running joke that beerus mispronounces krillin's name every time he addresses him. That's the second time now.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Frost's naked opportunism and total cowardice are loving amazing and I love him. All these fight junkies looking for good battles and flexing their techniques on each other and this dude just sneaks up and gives people the equivalent of a double handed push before throwing down a smoke bomb and skittering off.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Caulifla looking super excited about super saiyan forms in that preview makes me super excited for the next episode

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Caulifla is going to go super saiyan blue 2

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Squallege posted:

Caulifla looking super excited about super saiyan forms in that preview makes me super excited for the next episode

I hope they do a thing where Goku just starts cycling through Super Saiyan forms and she like plays Simon Says with it.
Like,

Goku: *Goes SSJ*
Caulifla: Easy mode *Also goes SSJ*

Goku: *Goes SSJ 2*
Caulifla: Did it yesterday. *SSJ 2*

Goku: *Goes SSJ 3*
Caulifla: LOL HOLY poo poo, UH.... *scrutinizes Goku's Aura for like 5 seconds and then REALLY tightens her abs and goes SSJ 3*

Goku: Wow, okay. *Blue*
Caulifla: Wait, wait- what happens to all of the extra hair when you're done in that last one?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kanos posted:

Frost's naked opportunism and total cowardice are loving amazing and I love him. All these fight junkies looking for good battles and flexing their techniques on each other and this dude just sneaks up and gives people the equivalent of a double handed push before throwing down a smoke bomb and skittering off.

It's great and I can't wait for him to dick frieza over

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

man Krillin only got one episode to look cool, gently caress this game

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm okay with how Krillin went out because he didn't even lose a fight. Like he spent the entire episode clowning on fools with very little effort, saved the game for a massively more powerful teammate singlehandedly, and only got knocked out by a cheap shot instead of getting beaten down.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I wish that pairing lasted longer.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Krillin owned gently caress you Frost.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Szmitten posted:

I wish that pairing lasted longer.

Hopefully we'll get some good 18/17 action a bit later.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Krillain's elimination on the blind guy was so lame even his wife, who thinks he's the coolest ever, thought he was lame.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I wanna know what that couple's tennis style attack was, it was really neat and I want to put more combo moves into Parallels.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

18 loves her bald midget husband

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
At the end of the day, Krillin is the second weakest guy there. He left the safety of the Gohan group to help 18 which left him exposed to the more powerful opponents like Frost. I think it makes sense that he got eliminated even if Krillin rules.

On the topic of Gohan it would be really cool if Gohan had to pull the tournament out of the bag because Goku gets too hyped up in a fight, uses his blue-kaio-ken combo thing, and gets too exhausted to continue. They've been kind of harping on the idea that Gohan is the only actually smart Saiyan for awhile and this tournament seems to be a lot more strategy based than the rest of the Super fights. Not gonna happen because Gohan doing jackshit is a staple of the series, but it'd be nice.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

At the end of the day, Krillin is the second weakest guy there. He left the safety of the Gohan group to help 18 which left him exposed to the more powerful opponents like Frost. I think it makes sense that he got eliminated even if Krillin rules.

On the topic of Gohan it would be really cool if Gohan had to pull the tournament out of the bag because Goku gets too hyped up in a fight, uses his blue-kaio-ken combo thing, and gets too exhausted to continue. They've been kind of harping on the idea that Gohan is the only actually smart Saiyan for awhile and this tournament seems to be a lot more strategy based than the rest of the Super fights. Not gonna happen because Gohan doing jackshit is a staple of the series, but it'd be nice.

I honestly think this will happen, for one it seems as though Goku will start fighting Jiren in just a couple of episodes, so he'll probably expend all of his energy on defeating him, or might even get defeated by him, and be knocked out of the tourney due to dropping his guard again. Gohan seems to be taking this much more seriously and has gotten a lot of screentime and development over this arc so far, he's also not had any particular victory since the show began (unless Barry Kahn counts), or even going all the way back to the Cell saga thinking about it, so he's due for something.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

khwarezm posted:

I honestly think this will happen, for one it seems as though Goku will start fighting Jiren in just a couple of episodes, so he'll probably expend all of his energy on defeating him, or might even get defeated by him, and be knocked out of the tourney due to dropping his guard again. Gohan seems to be taking this much more seriously and has gotten a lot of screentime and development over this arc so far, he's also not had any particular victory since the show began (unless Barry Kahn counts), or even going all the way back to the Cell saga thinking about it, so he's due for something.

Well the reason that is the case is because Japan loving hates Gohan for the sheer gall of maybe, potentially replacing Goku 25 years ago. Which is why I think he'll probably have one good moment but Goku, in the end, will be the one who prevails and wins the whole thing.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Well the reason that is the case is because Japan loving hates Gohan for the sheer gall of maybe, potentially replacing Goku 25 years ago. Which is why I think he'll probably have one good moment but Goku, in the end, will be the one who prevails and wins the whole thing.

I'm not sure this is actually true, Gohan is a pretty popular character in Japan and while Toriyama was originally going to make him the main character during the Buu saga he switched it back to Goku not because of fan fury but because while writing Gohan then he felt as though he made more sense as a nerdy bookworm than a fighter.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Gohan will not outlast Goku

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I always believed in my boys Botamo and Magetta.

Kild posted:

The only thing I don't like is they hyped up the solar flare but the only guy he used it on before getting knocked out is blind

That's exactly why it didn't work, though. In Dragon Ball, and especially in tournaments, moves at their most effective if you pull them out of your rear end that very second, while any technique that more than five seconds of screen time before the tournament is easily defeated.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Three: They're there, but really really small.

That's been my theory, yeah. The winner is determined by the amount of people left standing at the end of the tournament and U4's gonna have two left standing by default.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

RealFoxy posted:

Reminder that Goku has failed to beat the final bad guy in every single Super arc so far.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If we're gonna keep shooting up through the visual light color spectrum in Super Saiyan Divine forms, then Gohan's new Mystic Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan should have purple hair.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Even when he was dealing with flying birdman it's pretty clear Gohan is very specifically using the smallest amount of energy he can that won't result in long, drawn out fights, meanwhile Goku has at this point gone into Blue twice and on at least one of those occasions done so for basically no reason when a much smaller amount of energy would have beaten the Trio De Dangers just as easily. I could totally see Gohan being the last one able to really hang with people, and it could easily be a thing where Goku and Jiren knock each other out and the remainder is on Gohan and Vegeta. Toppo versus Gohan being the last fight in the tournament wouldn't be all that weird, all things considered; the two leaders of what appear to be the two strongest teams.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also the reason why I think Gohan might be stronger than Vegeta now, is because he was able to hang with SSJB Goku. It took Goku going all out with Kaioken to win the fight.

Meanwhile Freezer came up even against Kaioken SSJBlue Goku

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

RealFoxy posted:

Maybe not, but i hope so. Gohan is my favorite character

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I didn't say Goku would win the tournament, just not that Gohan is going to out-last Goku. Unless the final 3 for U7 will be Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta and Goku does something incredibly stupid to take out the strongest fighter of the Ginyu Force to try and open the win for Vegeta and Gohan.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Power levels are a fluid concept and at any point one person can reach or even overtake another. Goku's Kaioken also doesn't necessarily mean he's stronger than Vegeta when Vegeta knows all the flaws of the technique and that he just has to rope-a-dope Goku for a while to come out on top.

Also whenever someone overtakes Vegeta he'll just train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and then blow it up in a hissy fit to close the gap anyway.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Yeah I've been assuming Vegeta is actually stronger then Goku in every form right now. Not a lot but ever so slightly, but the Kaioken is what pushes Goku above Vegeta.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

RealFoxy posted:

I didn't say Goku would win the tournament, just not that Gohan is going to out-last Goku. Unless the final 3 for U7 will be Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta and Goku does something incredibly stupid to take out the strongest fighter of the Ginyu Force to try and open the win for Vegeta and Gohan.

I keep thinking he will outlast goku , but only by seconds and by accident

No way for Vegeta though, he's definitely going down third or second to last.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 16, 2017

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

RealFoxy posted:

If all of the pre-existing dragonball stuff was somehow excised from this arc... actually even with all the pre-existing dragonball stuff I would personally feel that from the way the story has been constructed so far it would be more satisfying and interesting if Gohan was the MVP at the end of the tournament. He's been slowly brought back into the show in a larger and larger way and he has more internal conflict compared to Goku and a partially finished arc that's gotten a lot of attention so far. Its been repeatedly emphasized that he's gotten his fighting sense back but doesn't approach the situation with Goku's "PUNCH EVERYTHING!" attitude and is instead trying to be clever and careful about the situation, and since strategy has had so much emphasis so far in the tournament he seems to be the guy who's taking that the most seriously. The Piccolo training episode threw light on his past failings that he seems determined to overcome. He's been poo poo on and deprived of a good win for years at this point, he didn't even win against Lavender, but he's still a main character and now he has more to lose than ever before (Videl and Pan) and seems to be deliberately contrasted with Goku's irresponsible devil may care attitude. He also hasn't actually done anything particularly interesting so far and by the looks of things won't for a while yet so I think they're saving him to do something cool later.

Just my thought on why he ought to play the hero this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What if everyone from U7 just flat out loses. Preferably before they're anywhere near the final rounds.

• Locked thread