Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Sunday morning on SA, and I'm already seeing multiple "Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway" on pages. It's going to be a good day.

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's truly incomprehensible how an incorrectly applied tag on a video from a year ago about Line of Defense, an alpha indie game with virtually no play base, could go undetected by anybody who cares for who could even guess how long.

Next on Incredible Mysteries of the Internet: where did my internet history go? The only other person who's been on the computer is my 16 year old son.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ghostlight posted:

It's truly incomprehensible how an incorrectly applied tag on a video from a year ago about Line of Defense, an alpha indie game with virtually no play base, could go undetected by anybody who cares for who could even guess how long.

Next on Incredible Mysteries of the Internet: where did my internet history go? The only other person who's been on the computer is my 16 year old son.

Shouldn't the Derek Smart Archive known about this sooner?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ramadu posted:

I did miss it, thanks uncle Derek.

Seconding the redacted government style release of the emails imo

You're welcome.

I used to do that, until my attorney warned that in any lawsuit (against me, CIG) or subpoena (State|Fed|lawsuit) arising from any investigation, that I would have to produce them. So now I just read and delete. I can't produce what I don't have. Which is also why I direct sources to use Lockbin or encrypted mail

MedicineHut posted:

Even asuming those numbers were true, all they seem to show is overall financing, but it does not speak of actual spend. At worst, if the numbers are true, all it means is that CIG may still produce lolz for a very long while!

I also touched on that. The exact quotes in the same email :

"All aware we are running on fumes and nobody knew how bad it was till your Twitter about the UK loan they took here without telling us"

It was a pretty short email which contains some other things that I am holding close for now because they were preceded with "please don't share"

When source tell me things and say "don't share", I don't. No matter how juicy it is. This could be because the information (as I have found) is so compartmentalized that it could be traced back. Which is how some people got fired in the past during The Escapist dragnet.

Between my other sources (one recently left, but still has friends on the project), the general consensus is that if they make it past 2017, it would be a miracle. And even so, that they would need major cuts which they are going to pass off using the standard industry excuse "we don't have work for them".

Still waiting to hear back, but I reached out to all my sources over the weekend regarding the 5-10 systems "at launch" statement in the GameStar article because I don't believe it.

And nobody knows what "at launch' means, unless CIG is planning to ship 3.x as some sort of MVP passed off as an official launch in order to skate past liability - which they can't. There would be no other reason to declare a "launch" when in fact they haven't even delivered 15% of what was promised, even as they continue to sell the game for $45.

I personally hope they "launch" it, because God drat LOL!, the fallout would be epic and the sort of crazy poo poo I wake up every day thinking I'm going to read. :grin:

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jul 16, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://github.com/networkprotocol/yojimbo

quote:

Gold Sponsors
Remedy Entertainment
Cloud Imperium Games

Reddit sleuth shows some evidence of CIG's networking team using glenn's guides:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

This is cool

also posting on page 1502

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Virtual Captain posted:

Reddit sleuth shows some evidence of CIG's networking team using glenn's guides:

whats a glenns guides

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Virtual Captain posted:

Haha, don't worry shitizens. I'm sure it's fine that the guy dictating the development of the most important aspects of your game doesn't even work for CIG!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ramadu posted:

holy poo poo ahahahaahahahahahah

thats amazing. this community might be more insane than even the star trek online or age of wushu ones

what's so insane about those communities

I never followed

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Wrecked Angle posted:

Haha, don't worry shitizens. I'm sure it's fine that the guy dictating the development of the most important aspects of your game doesn't even work for CIG!

Exactly, meaningful development always seems to come from contractors and outsiders.

I don't know jack about the lib but it seems focused on sending the client messages in order which is a fools errand because the network will always have a hiccup at some point.

Case and point:

quote:

yojimbo is currently in pre-release for early feedback.

quote:

Unfortunately, on the receive side packets arrive out of order and some are lost. Under ridiculously high packet loss (99%) I’ve seen old sequence buffer entries stick around from before the previous sequence number wrap at 65535 and break my ack logic (leading to false acks and broken reliability where the sender thinks the other side has received something they haven’t…).

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 16, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I believe that was the last time Chris ever played his own game in public.

Wasn't it also the first?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Wasn't it also the first?

No, he played it when they revealed Arena Commander at PAX. It was a disaster, and was the origin of "This is Bullshit!"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No, he played it when they revealed Arena Commander at PAX. It was a disaster, and was the origin of "This is Bullshit!"

Oh gently caress, that's right. All I remember from the Arena Commander reveal is nerds losing their minds about that loving helmet, I forgot that he bumped a hornet into a pylon and it exploded hilariously. Remember when you were supposed to get into Arena Commander by getting in your ship and launching out of your hangar? lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh gently caress, that's right. All I remember from the Arena Commander reveal is nerds losing their minds about that loving helmet, I forgot that he bumped a hornet into a pylon and it exploded hilariously. Remember when you were supposed to get into Arena Commander by getting in your ship and launching out of your hangar? lol

Remember when you were supposed to be able to visit the hangars of your friends?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Remember when you were supposed to be able to visit the hangars of your friends?

Remember when you were supposed to get all of that by Nov 2014?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

Remember when you were supposed to get all of that by Nov 2014?

Remember when you called it?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
Remember that Operation Pitchfork has 100s of theorycrafting pages bout how they're gonna invade Vanduul space but now there likely isn't going to be a Vanduul system at launch?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Do you ever verify what your sources tell you Derek? I know you are not a journalist so I don't expect you to really. But to avoid being trolled you might wanna verify some of the stuff random internet people tell you.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Remember when you had to summon Derek Smart to post in the thread? It got stuck. Someone work out the unsummoning ritual.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Sandweed posted:

Do you ever verify what your sources tell you Derek? I know you are not a journalist so I don't expect you to really. But to avoid being trolled you might wanna verify some of the stuff random internet people tell you.

Why bother? If they're valid it's funny and makes nerds mad, and if they're wrong it's still funny and making nerds mad and at no real cost to himself.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Pepperridge farm remembers

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
I member

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

celewign posted:

Escaping from the stimperial troopers was pretty hard these days. They always show up and try to pull out your skeleton.

Today started when some rear end in a top hat asked me to hack a relay station. I hopped in my mustang Delta and promptly exploded. Reload. gently caress the mustang it's time to use the hornet. Luckily I had a lot of ships, I know how to save my disability checks for the important things.

On the way out to the hornet I got caught in the airlock and had a seizure followed by a tpose. God my head was killing me. I smashed "t" to open the airlock and zoomed outside.

A corpse floated by me, idyllic.

The rings of the station were twitching back and forth, must be a bad batch of gravity goo again. Now that the Stimps had entered the system commodities were hard to get. We we're running low on gravity goo.

Above me the sun cast blinding reflections in my visor, a good sign. The landing platform was empty except the corpse and another guy stuck in the floor. My hornet was gone of course, stolen by another player. I stared out into space, zoning out. Some guy named "commander tom" smashed a stolen hornet into my body - geez. I reloaded, it only takes about 15 minutes.

This time my new ship was waiting for me, an Aurora. Who names this poo poo? It sounds like something my 8 year old son would have chosen for a name. I miss him, he died when we went to a restaurant and he was ground up.

The relay was out there, nearly 16 sextillion klicks away. My quantum drive got me there in a couple seconds. I quickly EVAd out of the Aurora and entered the relay. A couple textures were flickering, that's weird. No prob. I'm smart I can make it work.

There's the console: a quick fix and I'm on my way.

Back at base, the rear end in a top hat who gave me the mission was gone. All I saw left was a really detailed leather jacket and the top of his head inside the floor.
:cheers::sotw::yarr:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

I'd like to thank everyone for all the fantastic work we have done here in our hive of villany.

So far we have:

- Delayed the game by several years
- Made Chris Roberts endlessly shoot motion capture
- Made CIG steal artwork, repeatedly
- Fed Chris bogus release dates and forced him to promise major patches by the end of the year
- Stole CIGs logins and increased ship prices by 400% minutes before they went live
- Made Christ Roberts an amnesiac and completely unfamiliar or able to play his own game
- Made CIG have endless concept sales that make no sense
- Wrote a cartoonishly evil TOS and forced CIG to use it
- Made up a huge list of outrageous promises that will never be delivered and made it look like CIG were the ones doing it
- Prepared decades in advance by making Chris Roberts have a proven track record of over promising and under delivering
- Made the PU buggy and unplayable for more than a few mins
- Made any work to the PU be bad, take forever, and solve nothing
- Tricked CIG into talking about features and gameplay then forcing them to walk back on what they promised
- Brainwashed RSI mods into banning backers and ingraining the admins with a martial law mentality
- Hacked into CIGs site and turned on cash only discounts
- Produced hundreds of hours of embarassing, bad, stammering, idiotic, uninformative, outright misinformation in the form of videos where we pretended to be them with Mission Impossible level disguises that we then host on CIGs own website
- Bought out an entire company just for a 'spectrum' joke
- Closed the RSI forums
- Made CIG legally obligated to include Star Kitten in the final product
- Tricked Chris into thinking a referral contest was a brilliant idea
- Infiltrated Foundry 42 to stike up a bad loan with Coutts & Co
- Cut 3.0 down to a couple barren moons and two quest givers
- Delayed 3.0 for nearly a year if not longer

These among other things are no fault of CIGs and are in fact the work of us under the command of Derek Smart o7//

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Remember when you called it?

Remember when MoMA's family died in the wars?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
It was a team effort especially the You must be a Platinum member to view this message

This all wouldn't have been possible without our Leader Derek tirelessly sabotaging CIG and ruthlessly doxxing everyone. May his LOD game finally trounce Star Citizen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sandweed posted:

Yeah I do actually. That's why I have several sources and I always get two corroborating stories from certain sources before I make anything public. For example, though one source told me the "5 - 10 systems at launch" story in GameStar is rubbish, as is the rumor (by a CIG "designer") that "Levski wasn't in 3.0", I reached out to my main source; and I am just waiting to hear back now, before I comment on either of the two.

My one specific source has always been 100% on the money, so I don't bother to corroborate anything from that one. I just choose what to write about, and what not to. Like that one time that person told me that no matter what CIG says in public, that SQ42 wasn't in any way, shape or form, ready to launch in 2016. That was in 2015. I didn't say anything because it was just so ridiculous, especially with all the media coverage from CIG about it. Then this source said "Listen, it's not happening. It's almost 2-3 years away if they want to release the full version. And they can't find a way to make it stand alone without dragging everything from Star Citizen into it. So it's going to be a menu option". Then I decided to take the risk and run with it. I wrote the article. CIG, as they always do, decided to inform the media that I was full of poo poo. Squadron 42 didn't release in 2016. Even as Spergs were rejoicing that it was going to be shown, released etc, and that bastard Derek Smart was "lying" (they love that word) again.

I also later wrote about how SQ42 was going to be #justagamemode like Star Marine, but so far, most people aren't particularly paying attention to that. So.

This source also told me back then "3.0 doesn't exist. We're still on 2.6 and the decision as to where we go next in 2.7 and beyond is yet to be made". I wrote about that, also said that Croberts was lying and that no way in hell was 3.0 coming out by year end. Croberts hit me with Powerpoint slides, and a worm, and resurrected Star Marine (2.6) - and I was defeated as far as Spergs would like to think.

Even when I kept saying that it all appeared to be staged, that it simply was NOT the 3.0 he was touting, that it was R&D. Croberts hit me with "The Road To CitizenCon" proving that not only was I right, but that he knew going in that it was all bullshit. Spergs cried foul, saw pretty pictures, dreamed of playing that in "Two Weeks", and settled down for 3.0.

Spergs didn't see any mention of 3.0 for months. Then the first 3.0 schedule showed up on April 18th, 2017. And looked nothing like the Powerpoint slides, had no planets (or a worm for that matter).

Then after one of the June schedules, this same source told me that it was all nonsense, that it was going to continue slipping because they're just "arbitrarily padding it, regardless of task state". And he was right. We've seen completed items suddenly not completed after all, dependent on others, marked as TBD etc. I have been writing about that as well.

And though I haven't had any new tips related to the schedule, all previous tips still hold true. The most hilarious one being last weeks 07/14 update, in which a vast majority were delayed, but the 08/25/17 launch date, remains unchanged. They don't want to cause panic, with a ship sale coming up on 07/21, a day on which another schedule is due for release anyway. Between now and 08/25, they have 6 more updates to do, and it's going to be hilarious to see what they do before and after GamesCom (08/22 - 08/26).

I used to get troll bait all the time, and which I just delete. I don't get those anymore because they decided that TheAgent was more gullible and credible I guess; and being anon, can be relied upon to post any manner of rubbish as-is :grin:

This project is so FUBAR. I'm just hoping and praying that they "release" an MVP with "5 - 10 systems" in 2017, and call it finished. It would be epic, and would be the final touches in the on-going E.L.E*

* which is like the radiation that spreads from a nuclear detonation point. It takes time to disperse

Maw posted:

Why bother? If they're valid it's funny and makes nerds mad, and if they're wrong it's still funny and making nerds mad and at no real cost to himself.

EXACTLY! Which is why TheAgent's leaks makes them so very mad.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 16, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

RubberJohnny posted:

How are the Operation Pitchfork guys who have been ~dreaming~ for four and a half years about their planned invasion of Vanduul space coping with the revelation that Vanduul space might not even be in?

They'll join forces with Operation Torches as was foretold by the profits.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

I'd like to thank everyone for all the fantastic work we have done here in our hive of villany.

So far we have:

- Fed Chris bogus release dates and forced him to promise major patches by the end of the year
- Stole CIGs logins and increased ship prices by 400% minutes before they went live
- Made Christ Roberts an amnesiac and completely unfamiliar or able to play his own game
- Made up a huge list of outrageous promises that will never be delivered and made it look like CIG were the ones doing it
- Prepared decades in advance by making Chris Roberts have a proven track record of over promising and under delivering
- Tricked CIG into talking about features and gameplay then forcing them to walk back on what they promised
- Brainwashed RSI mods into banning backers and ingraining the admins with a martial law mentality
- Produced hundreds of hours of embarassing, bad, stammering, idiotic, uninformative, outright misinformation in the form of videos where we pretended to be them with Mission Impossible level disguises that we then host on CIGs own website
- Closed the RSI forums

These among other things are no fault of CIGs and are in fact the work of us under the command of Derek Smart o7//

:perfect:

Glad to do my part with the FUD spreading.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Virtual Captain posted:

So far we have:

- Closed the RSI forums

we did it, reddit!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is Croberts in jail yet?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Thoatse posted:

we did it, reddit!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is Croberts in jail yet?

"I killed a brown guy who I think may have been Erik Smart" (self.reddit)

[-]"dude his name is Derek Smart" [your post has been removed for personal attacks]

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
even with all the shitposting this thread is probably the best place for star citizen news anywhere

that's kinda nutto

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
How do you pronounce Croberts anyway? Cro-berts or Crob-erts?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6nmzz8/is_ortwin_freyermuth_unqualified_how_did_he/

someone fill them in. I see someone else started (hes so handsome)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I really think the worse thing for Roberts right now is realizing he's got to slash the scope of the game. Normally games do this and it kinda sucks, but hey, the game comes out anyway and people don't really miss the cut features if the game is good.

But CIG has pre-sold dozens of ships with unique game mechanics, especially the ones with large multicrew support. They have to keep moving forward, because the second they say "yeah we can't do that" they have to refund a shitload, an absolute shitload, of money.

This year is gonna be great.

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 16, 2017

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

even with all the shitposting this thread is probably the best place for star citizen news anywhere

that's kinda nutto

Well, it kind of makes sense. For as long as I've been watching every official channel has been full of hand waving, hype, sales pitches, blatant lies, cult-like worshipful dreaming, spin on the latest failure to deliver, bullshots, and Sandi.

If all you want to know is "What has Star Citizen actually released lately" and you don't really care about the latest cashfactory spaceship or whatever, this thread is a much more concise summary even with all of the shitposts.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Virtual Captain posted:

So far we have:

- Closed the RSI forums

Some of these were flukes though. Can't take credit for everything.

And I will say kidnapping Chris' dog to convince him to commission Full Burn was taking things too far.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

Roberts right now is realizing
:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm fairly confident that no matter what the final product looks like, :pgabz: will still be getting past space doors and people will randomly clip through their chariots

also it'll crash when half a dozen people are in the same area