Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

https://twitter.com/OnePlus_Support/status/883047144021798912

it's not our phone that's broken, it's actually your eyes

deleted already. impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

quote:

This Android malware steals data from 40 apps, spies on messages and location

"SpyDealer" malware has been active since October 2015 and researchers still aren't sure how it infects victims.

SpyDealer is described as "only completely effective" against Android devices running versions between 2.2 and 4.4 as the rooting tool it exploits only supports these versions of the operating system.

While these versions of Android are older forms of the operating system - Android 2.2 was first released in May 2010 and Android 4.4 was released in late 2013 - researchers say a quarter of Android devices worldwide are still running operating systems released between these dates.

With two billion active Android devices, that potentially means 500 million Android devices are vulnerable to having sensitive data stolen should they come under under attack from this trojan.

Researchers remain uncertain as to how devices become infected with SpyDealer but evidence suggests Chinese users become infected via compromised wireless networks.

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

anroid

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

this but amazon mechanical turk classification work to earn the reward

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

deleted already. impressive
for posterity, i guess

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

im dying

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

e:f;b

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
help i think my duration of vision is broken what should i do

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

for posterity, i guess

lol

screen jobs

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

420 blaze it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Essential, the smartphone maker from Android co-founder Andy Rubin, is staying mum on whether its titular gadget has been delayed. News organizations began pinging the company last week when it was clear Essential missed its 30-day shipping deadline set by Rubin himself at the Code Conference in late May. The company has not appeared to respond to any of these requests, including The Verge’s, leaving pre-order buyers and other interested parties in the dark on the fate of the Android-powered handset.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lmao. make a stealth product, pre-announce it before it's ready to ship and burn all of your PR buzz

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

should be noted that users are gonna have to learn korean to get that bixby xp because it still doesnt speak english

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i love that messenger apps ignore phone-wide silence settings when you have the main window open

It was a problem on my iPhone too but its so epic how Facebook Messenger keeps randomly showing my text messages even though the option is off.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

Essential, the smartphone maker from Android co-founder Andy Rubin, is staying mum on whether its titular gadget has been delayed. News organizations began pinging the company last week when it was clear Essential missed its 30-day shipping deadline set by Rubin himself at the Code Conference in late May. The company has not appeared to respond to any of these requests, including The Verge’s, leaving pre-order buyers and other interested parties in the dark on the fate of the Android-powered handset.

we haven't heard of anyone dying so I guess it wasn't essential after all

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

should be noted that users are gonna have to learn korean to get that bixby xp because it still doesnt speak english

can it at least tell me the square root of 4?

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

It was a problem on my iPhone too but its so epic how Facebook Messenger keeps randomly showing my text messages even though the option is off.

LOL that Anroid lets apps read your text messages :ughh:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Lol drat. Htc 10 with stock keyboard

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

is the ad in the keyboard? :wtc:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
that is some aggressive contempt of their customers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

that is some aggressive contempt of their customers

htc is known for not *getting* customers

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

htc is known for not *getting* customers

yeah their sales are nonexistent lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

yeah their sales are nonexistent lol
i meant to say that their customer-facing anything is poo poo but oh well, cant imagine they sell well. the only thing that sold better than competitors until now is htc, but that will be changing rapidly now - oculus rift dropped their prices with bells and whistles to $500ish (after current promo ends), and the $1100-something htc vive does not add nowhere near $600 dollars of value

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
im the backwards signal strength icon with a stylised smile underneath

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

im the backwards signal strength icon with a stylised smile underneath
nothing wrong with it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

so does bells and whistles for the oculus rift include the expensive rear end computer you need to drive it also? No? oh well

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Blue Train posted:

so does bells and whistles for the oculus rift include the expensive rear end computer you need to drive it also? No? oh well
no, it does not. the expensive rear end computer is cheaper than a macbook anyways

rift with touch controllers will be $500 after $400 sale ends
vive with controllers and headphones is $1160 and gets you lovely build quality + lovely customer service + buying from htc is an adventure of its own

oculus is getting pretty bad rap and you need a whole loving lot of usb ports to run it, but six hundred dollars is six hundreds dollars so this will be funny period now that bunch of ms oems are making their own headsets too. goodwill and convenience or not, htc might die on this one too

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The vive is 800 usd though? :confused:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dodoman posted:

The vive is 800 usd though? :confused:

yes, and if you want hardware feature parity to rift's new bundle, you have to add a lovely $100 headset to it, and two lovely $130 controllers

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Okay

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:thunk:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
yea but you're not giving money directly to mark fuckerberg

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

yea but you're not giving money directly to mark fuckerberg

agreed, in a world with infinite amount of money i'd chose the option that is not affiliated with facebook in any way. in reality though i'll choose a similar product that costs $600 less than competitor, so i hope htc does something or someone else releases something by the when when/if i decide to get a vr headset

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

just get one of those $15 cardboard clones for your phone then

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

just get one of those $15 cardboard clones for your phone then
im not in a hurry for one anyways, and wont be any time soon given the sorry state of my computer

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4TBPL7-iRk

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lol no

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
vr seems like a stupid gimmick tbh

Adbot