Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Me and my buddies whenever we play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9LlEIDJL08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

bromplicated posted:

Would I get much of a performance increase upgrading from a GTX 1070 from a GTX 960? Also, would going from 8GB to 16GB RAM help at all? I already have the game installed on SSD.

In my personal experience the 1070 handles PUBG just fine on whatever settings you prefer

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

my second solo win, much like my first, gained by being a pitiful coward (and getting very lucky with the circles). I only took one shot all game and it bounced off of a pan; meanwhile, I killed the last three guys for my only kills of the game. Pretty funny.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
https://giant.gfycat.com/ScaredThoseBellfrog.webm

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

what possesses some people, while in the MIDDLE OF A FIREFIGHT, where we are literally shooting and being shot at, to say "i found a flash hider in here, also some bandages"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

what possesses some people, while in the MIDDLE OF A FIREFIGHT, where we are literally shooting and being shot at, to say "i found a flash hider in here, also some bandages"

Found a vest.

What level?

Level 1.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Got my first Solo dinner tonight! Had a really excellent game too. Dropped on a vehicle and got a fully tricked out M4 and a Kar98 early, then camped the eastern bridge for a few kills until the circle pushed us south across the small island and then west. I basically followed the rocky coast all the way over to south of Primorsk, got a few more kills off the people in the open field... and won the game when a dude in a boat down in the bay died to the circle. I still count it as honorable because I plugged him with the Kar earlier on and he hid like a baby until dying that way. 7 kills and room for improvement.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Help guys I click the big OK button but nothing happens.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

*3 guys invading my building*

"people outside my house need backup"

"hell yeah just found a camel coat"

real goon conversation

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

qkkl posted:

Hit escape.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Tonetta posted:

real goon conversation

camel coat trumps all other concerns

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

qkkl posted:

What disgusting resolution is this?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Tonetta posted:

real goon conversation

I would let my whole team die for a pair of blue hi-tops

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I would let my whole team die for a pair of blue hi-tops

Look at this nerd who does not go in only wearing a afro and only putting on actual armor.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

:siren: I did it! I won a solo! :siren:

Killed the last 2, which happened to be in a house. One was upstairs, one was watching the kitchen, and I was outside. I kept peaking around to see if I could see them, but I kept hearing footsteps. So, I crawled my way to the kitchen door from the outside and opened it, and then crawled back to the front of the house and waited for a bit. After nothing happened, I snuck in through the open front door (close doors after you go into a house, kids) and searched the front room but nobody was there. I peaked my head into the kitchen and saw a dude sitting in a corner behind the open door and put a couple shots in his head. This got the attention of the guy who was upstairs, who, like an idiot, came downstairs to see what the noise was about. So, I went full auto on him as he came down and after a couple shots he died and I got to eat dinner.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

VulgarandStupid posted:

What disgusting resolution is this?

Whatever a... I'm going to guess a GeForce 330m mobility can muster.

Looks like Fallout 3 on a 7 year old video card.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Best school drop of my life, killed 6 people, only one left, as soon as I left to run from the blue some rear end in a top hat 200 yards away at the apartments gets me before I can get behind a tree. Oh well. Still pretty cool.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It seems that it's possible to equip a grenade an enemy has thrown. Not sure if it still explodes though.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

DancingShade posted:

Whatever a... I'm going to guess a GeForce 330m mobility can muster.

Looks like Fallout 3 on a 7 year old video card.

I'm amazed you've managed to get a 330m to this game

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Confirmed, I am bad at AWPing.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159544404

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

A lot better than I'll ever be :/

Also I think getting kills with the Dacia is quite a good feeling.
https://gfycat.com/WhisperedAmusingAsianlion

The car immediately blew up after the end of that clip and killed me. also I just noticed a flipped buggy right near him which I presume is his.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Has anyone got their hands on the 7.62 bullpup in game? I am not usually a crate chaser so I'm not likely to ever get any time with one. Is it crate worthy or just another assault rifle?

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Probably my nicest vehicle collection not being on the bridge.
https://streamable.com/2p8qt

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Boiled Water posted:

I'm amazed you've managed to get a 330m to this game

I was guessing what could maybe produce that screenshot.

Not playing on a 330m lol

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Has anyone got their hands on the 7.62 bullpup in game? I am not usually a crate chaser so I'm not likely to ever get any time with one. Is it crate worthy or just another assault rifle?

It's the Groza, it should be on starter island, the furthest table on the left(standing on the runway), closest to the runway. It's often one of the first guns picked up, but if you're early, you should nab it eventually.

Right behind it on the far left is the p16c, the fart pistol. I think it actually shoots faster than the uzi, but it's rear end for control on full auto. Also a fun thing to play with.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

AnElegantPeacock posted:

It's bonkers. I personally don't like using it with a scope but it basically has no recoil when spraying on short ranges.

E: live again

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jul 16, 2017

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I've only had the Groza once and the only thing I was able to do with it before I died was accidentally spray my friend in the back of the head during a vehicle fight because we were both leaning out of the same side of the car.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Parallel Playa posted:

It's bonkers. I personally don't like using it with a scope but it basically has no recoil when spraying on short ranges.

E: live again

I aced two dudes with a 4x and a suppressor on it and it had no spread. They just died instantly. They were probably 100m away

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

The Groza behaves almost like an m249 but with the option of a silencer. Spits bullets down range very quickly.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

:thunk:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Plane started in the northeast so I decided to go for the starting island for once. Two of us got in the same boat at the same time and I waited for a third to join us. Turns out me and player 2 had the same idea of what to do: https://streamable.com/9q6rw

Joke's on me though, he then motored out into the ocean and went AFK :aslol:

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
If anyone has any doubt if whether high ping people have any sort of advantage at all, the answer is NO. I play from a place with decent cable internet, and a rural place with DSL. It is ridiculously easier with a better connection. You basically have a head start over people with bad ping in engagements.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Bluh I'm so used to squads I don't think I like solo anymore

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

On the other hand, playing squads with a mainly solo dude is dubious because they don't understand that enemies have buddies and they should play as if they do, too.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Squad and solo are almost different games. Solo still gets my heart going and gives me those terror shakes but I love it. Squad is having a team of loud idiots with guns roll around being ridiculous but I love it.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Queue for squad games solo.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I feel the same way! Solo is okay and all, and I'll do it if I'm dying to play but squad is best with duos in second best.

Are there ever huge custom goon games? I joined some streamer's custom game once with like 3x loot and drops with quick revive and it was really loving fun. We built a thunderdome and other crazy poo poo in Rust with goons way back, I feel like if we all got together we could do some really fun custom matches.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Why can't they always stand perfectly still

https://giant.gfycat.com/AdorableSnivelingHamadryad.webm

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I aced two dudes with a 4x and a suppressor on it and it had no spread. They just died instantly. They were probably 100m away

It's a ridiculous tack driver with a 4x, I love that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Finally picked up my first solo chicken dinner. Dropped in with just wanting to shoot some people, and became king of the georgopol crates with 5 kills, and spent the rest of the time chasing the circle, picked up the last 5 kills to win the match. :feelsgood:

• Locked thread