Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

THEYRE TAKIN OUR JOBSKNOBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Are conservatives more terrified of trans people or gay people? I can never get a bead on that.

Though I'm not sure if they make the distinction, tbh

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Low Desert Punk posted:

Are conservatives more terrified of trans people or gay people? I can never get a bead on that.

They are scared of being surprised. Anything that goes outside their preconceived notions of the world is an abomination that must be destroyed/burn in hell.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Trans people. They've had a few decades to get used to gay people.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Low Desert Punk posted:

Trump isn't bound by traditional political process and etiquette the way Nixon was. He doesn't have the good sense to know when to quit, either.

But he's also staggeringly incompetent which is why this whole thing is happening at a rapidly accelerated rate compared to Nixon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The correct answer is always that they hate all of them. These are people that feel like they are being repressed, their culture destroyed and are their lives are personally threatened from the slightest inconvenience. People going after other forms of sex from them or possibly going against their gender norms are both high treason.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

mistaya posted:

But he's also staggeringly incompetent which is why this whole thing is happening at a rapidly accelerated rate compared to Nixon.

If it gets to the same conclusion at an accelerated rate, I'll be happy. But also wondering why Republican voters are addicted to electing crooks. Trump won't be the last Nixon, and the next one will be Republican too.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
http://i.imgur.com/08HeQMz.mp4

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Quorum posted:

That's the most frustrating and also simultaneously the best part. Putin may have contributed to loving us, the people of the United States, over, but he didn't ever mean for Trump to win and in accidentally helping to bring that about, he hosed himself as well. Not today, but the Democratic Party of fourteen months ago honestly didn't give two figs for Russia as a foreign policy priority, and now they are more or less vying with the entire Middle East for the top slot. Good job, you evil oligarchic fucker.

Do we actually know that Putin didn't really want Trump to win even though he was straight up helping him to win? I've heard this line of "Putin didn't really mean for Trump to win" before but it just doesn't make any sense. Why help the guy at all if he didn't want him to win? Now I understand if Putin was surprised he won, most people were. But Putin sure as hell didnt want Hillary to win.

And if this whole scheme is backfiring on Putin like some people say, I'm not seeing it. Trump won't commit to NATO article 5, he's mocking traditional allies left and right, buddying up with dictators and authoritarians, and will probably give the Russians back their spy base in the US. I'd say Putin is getting a good ROI considering it's only been 6 months.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
One of the first things any self-defense class will teach you is how to escape from various holds. Someone grabbing your hand or wrist is the easiest, you just twist your wrist/hand toward their thumb and snap your hand back, instant escape unless they're prepared for it and have much larger hands than you.

I just want to see someone respond to a Trump handshake like that. Nothing big or flashy, just when Trump tries to do his signature "Deathgrip and Yank" (name of Trump's other sextape) the victim's hand just pops free before going anywhere, leaving Trump to jerk himself off-balance and probably become furious. Then when he's mad about it, let him explain why, because I'd love to hear that.

Charliegrs posted:

Do we actually know that Putin didn't really want Trump to win even though he was straight up helping him to win?
The explanation that makes the most sense to me is that Putin wants to make the USA (among others) less stable, and that's the only true goal he's working towards with any of this. He helped Trump, maybe not because he actually thought he'd have a compliant US president for 4 or 8 years doing his bidding, but because the conspiracy would inevitably get found out and cause a shitstorm of infighting in our government.

If he gets concessions from Donald before poo poo falls apart, great, that's a bonus. If poo poo falls apart too quickly, that's still a win for him. If he gets impatient, he can start leaking evidence of Russian interference himself, then step back and watch the chaos unfold.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 16, 2017

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

The rich part of this is it was the DoD's own request to have trans coverage as part of its budget.

All these MAGA folks are apparently smarter than "the generals" their Dear Leader loves so much.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well so is their dear leader. He said so.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Robot Hobo posted:

One of the first things any self-defense class will teach you is how to escape from various holds. Someone grabbing your hand or wrist is the easiest, you just twist your wrist/hand toward their thumb and snap your hand back, instant escape unless they're prepared for it and have much larger hands than you.

I just want to see someone respond to a Trump handshake like that. Nothing big or flashy, just when Trump tries to do his signature "Deathgrip and Yank" (name of Trump's other sextape) the victim's hand just pops free before going anywhere, leaving Trump to jerk himself off-balance and probably become furious. Then when he's mad about it, let him explain why, because I'd love to hear that.

The explanation that makes the most sense to me is that Putin wants to make the USA (among others) less stable, and that's the only true goal he's working towards with any of this. He helped Trump, maybe not because he actually thought he'd have a compliant US president for 4 or 8 years doing his bidding, but because the conspiracy would inevitably get found out and cause a shitstorm of infighting in our government.

If he gets concessions from Donald before poo poo falls apart, great, that's a bonus. If poo poo falls apart too quickly, that's still a win for him. If he gets impatient, he can start leaking evidence of Russian interference himself, then step back and watch the chaos unfold.

My tactic would be to just let him throw me across the room with it, throw myself into it and act really injured and just start crying and ask why did you do that?!

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Hellblazer187 posted:

My tactic would be to just let him throw me across the room with it, throw myself into it and act really injured and just start crying and ask why did you do that?!

cucked
low energy
etc

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wish someone would just do it full force back. he has old flabby arms. no upper body strength.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

BarbarianElephant posted:

No, probably a standard ugly combover. Bald as a coot with strands of very long hair on the sides dragged greasily over the top.

No, pretty sure It was part of the divorce deposition. He assaulted Ivana because she recommended the surgeon for his hosed up scalp reduction.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Robot Hobo posted:

Okay Dwight. :v:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Pocket-sand him imo

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Kekekela posted:

No, pretty sure It was part of the divorce deposition. He assaulted Ivana because she recommended the surgeon for his hosed up scalp reduction.

I know. But I think without all those expensive drugs and hair implants he'd be bald as a coot.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

I know. But I think without all those expensive drugs and hair implants he'd be bald as a coot.

To this day, after being victim to seeing his image so many times, I cannot understand how someone as vain as he is thinks that hair looks anywhere near remotely good. Like it's beyond bad.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Yeah you may be right. There seems like there's more hosed up there than just a simple combover though, which I was thinking was plastic surgery disaster related

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Zapf Dingbat posted:

cucked
low energy
etc

Yeah, I know, but here's the thing. Yes, I'd be called all those things. But then someone else could do what Groovelord Neato suggested, and what's he going to do?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yippeekiyaymf posted:

To this day, after being victim to seeing his image so many times, I cannot understand how someone as vain as he is thinks that hair looks anywhere near remotely good. Like it's beyond bad.

there has never been a human being in all of our long history to have less self-reflection than donald jose cuervo trump.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

yippeekiyaymf posted:

It doesn't matter. It's distinctive, it's unique, it's a brand.

He's always been smart about crafting his brand image.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Trans people because, as everyone knows, if you are attracted to a person and then you later find out they are transgendered that means you are gay.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

WampaLord posted:

Yeah but this is a guy who was so upset about being called a "short fingered vulgarian" that for years and decades later he would send Graydon Carter images of his hands where they looked big to "right the wrong". I don't think I could name anyone more vain than this orange hobgoblin yet he sports that hair. Much like everything else, this confuses my brain and I cannot process it.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

WampaLord posted:

Yeah, it's unique, he doesn't look like anyone else in the world. If he went bald with grace he'd look like any other fat elderly businessman. I guess the pick-up artists would call it 'peacocking'

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

That's the second time that guy, as it seems the english language is being vomited out of him by way of strong thoracic convulsions, has accidentally dropped a huge bomb on what he was trying to defend. Something tells me this guy wasn't meant for this kind of damage-control.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trans people because, as everyone knows, if you are attracted to a person and then you later find out they are transgendered that means you are gay.

"If I can't have them neither can the military!"

- A republican while browsing r/traps, probably.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

His face always reminds me of Jon Hamm as the crazy preacher from Kimmy Schmidt.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I don't think I could name anyone more vain than this orange hobgoblin yet he sports that hair. Much like everything else, this confuses my brain and I cannot process it.
Hair is a weird blind-spot for some guys, even when they're otherwise rational and self-aware on any other subject. There have been a lot of bad comb-overs in my family, and even more among other people I've known. Each one of them seems somehow convinced that they're successfully deceiving everyone into thinking they have a fuller head of hair, when it's clearly seven strands on one side that have been left to grow eight inches long and wrapped across the shiny scalp.

Trump seems to be that, but expanded across every aspect of his being.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why can't these people realize how crappy human beings they are

Money and classism. They think they are better than everyone else and greedy.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Post 9-11 User posted:

Omar is a long cat. :3:

I have a cat that looks just like this is, be jealous.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

I have a cat that looks just like this is, be jealous.

So are you gonna be a loving tease or are you gonna post a pic of your cat?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
congress going hard to just erase trans people anyway with HB2796 and it's flying under the radar of all the russia poo poo

https://legiscan.com/US/bill/HB2796/2017

gently caress the GOP

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
It's not a toupee, he obsessively combs it himself to make it look like a surrealist sculpture.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/truth-donald-trumps-hair-former-8460049

quote:

“He does it himself. It is real and it is his hair – he doesn’t have plugs.” Amy continued: “When I looked at the back of his hair I could tell it was not a hairdresser cutting it. It was scary. It was just cut in a straight line.
“I did comb the back and did the sides a bit. But everything was solid. It was matted to stay put. I tapped it with my comb and it would bounce back.”

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/886635676787232768

Low Desert Punk posted:

These are people that laugh at "Jack And Jill funniest moments" compilations, do you think they know the difference?

To them, they're all faggots that should be oppressed and ostracized. :ssh:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Yeah but this is a guy who was so upset about being called a "short fingered vulgarian" that for years and decades later he would send Graydon Carter images of his hands where they looked big to "right the wrong". I don't think I could name anyone more vain than this orange hobgoblin yet he sports that hair. Much like everything else, this confuses my brain and I cannot process it.

don't forget his fingers in the picture were circled with golden sharpie.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dubious posted:

congress going hard to just erase trans people anyway with HB2796 and it's flying under the radar of all the russia poo poo

https://legiscan.com/US/bill/HB2796/2017

gently caress the GOP

For those too lazy to click.

"Summary
Civil Rights Uniformity Act of 2017 This bill prohibits the word "sex" or "gender" from being interpreted to mean "gender identity," and requires "man" or "woman" to be interpreted to refer exclusively to a person's genetic sex, for purposes determining the meaning of federal civil rights laws or related federal administrative agency regulations or guidance. No federal civil rights law shall be interpreted to treat gender identity or transgender status as a protected class, unless it expressly designates "gender identity" or "transgender status" as a protected class."

It's crazy watching our country slip backwards so quickly under Trump.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Robot Hobo posted:

Hair is a weird blind-spot for some guys, even when they're otherwise rational and self-aware on any other subject.

This is a real thing. In nearly every long-term relationship I've been in, my date would look me over before we went out, nod approvingly, but tousle my bangs because I'd sweep them over like a goober. It's part of the dress code for working in an office, when countless senior clients approve of it you forget you look like a goober.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Spacebump posted:

For those too lazy to click.

"Summary
Civil Rights Uniformity Act of 2017 This bill prohibits the word "sex" or "gender" from being interpreted to mean "gender identity," and requires "man" or "woman" to be interpreted to refer exclusively to a person's genetic sex, for purposes determining the meaning of federal civil rights laws or related federal administrative agency regulations or guidance. No federal civil rights law shall be interpreted to treat gender identity or transgender status as a protected class, unless it expressly designates "gender identity" or "transgender status" as a protected class."

It's crazy watching our country slip backwards so quickly under Trump.

Most likely will die in committee unless it's attached to something filibuster proof.

• Locked thread