Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LordAba posted:

My LFGS got cut from Wizards of the Coast because they overheard the owner saying that the Jews were celebrating 9/11. I ain't even joking.

Yowza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hi is this the new death thread because I just saw the new intro product and it's reasonably priced and now I'm frantically checking who won world war ii

The new Bigly captain and librarian are $60 dollarydoos each for a single mini, GW remains bad

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

NTRabbit posted:

The new Bigly captain and librarian are $60 dollarydoos each for a single mini, GW remains bad

Ahhhh there it is reality is stablizing again

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

I gained respect for WOTC

It is kind of surreal. Now he is complaining about "no free speech in Jewmerica."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LordAba posted:

It is kind of surreal. Now he is complaining about "no free speech in Jewmerica."

He's really just vindicating them at this point.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
I suppose there's a comparison to be made between the government and (bad) games companies. Bloated rules, hidden FAQs, conflicted answers to questions from employees that aren't on the same page about anything, every couple of years there's an edition change that everyone is excited about but ends up disappointing...

Anyway I dont like that new dread, was hoping for something less boxy and more Contemptor-ish. Curious to see the sprues.

Edit, Attn: Moola:

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 16, 2017

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
so i walked into my friend's LGS and saw that there are now like primaris scouts

are people still insisting that space marines aren't being squatted?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Milky Moor posted:

so i walked into my friend's LGS and saw that there are now like primaris scouts

are people still insisting that space marines aren't being squatted?

new GW is good, they would never do such a thing

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I just saw the primaris reiver and aggressor boxes. GW is bad.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

JBP posted:

I just saw the primaris reiver and aggressor boxes and GW is good.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

JBP posted:

Siege Tyrants did it better.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
Looking at the outrage on twitter about the new Dr Who being a woman, I'd be curious to see the reaction if they added female IG or marines to 40K and the sperging that would ensue.
That and to see how bad they would be on a scale of Doc Thunder to Victoria Lamb

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

WhiteWolf123 posted:

They're never going to get rid of Space Marines.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Soggy Chips posted:

Looking at the outrage on twitter about the new Dr Who being a woman, I'd be curious to see the reaction if they added female IG or marines to 40K and the sperging that would ensue.
That and to see how bad they would be on a scale of Doc Thunder to Victoria Lamb

They should just buy out the Statuesque guy and include a bundle of lady heads in every Marine box imo.

God the responce to lady Who has been magical, so many impotent nerds getting hecka mad.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Soggy Chips posted:

IG has whole regiments of women.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer
In the fluff or on the tabletop?
Haven't played 40k before and the only things I had seen for IG were third party - some good (lamb) some bad (cheesecake comissars)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Both, technically. There's been a few female models over the years, and you can always put SoB heads on IG bodies and do other conversions.

In the fluff Commissar Cain led a co-ed regiment with a female colonel.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
GW IS _

_ GW PRODUCTS

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
gay

gay

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kithkar posted:

I just saw the primaris reiver and aggressor boxes and GW is good.

Do you think these models look good?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

GW IS _

_ GW PRODUCTS

Good

Purchase

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Over thousands of pages of fluff and a thousand sculpts across 30 years, female IG are mentioned about a dozen times and have maybe 5 official models. Nerds declare that this is enough representation and that if you really think you need more women on the table than that, you're free to chop up the most expensive standard troops in the game and make your own for one of the largest horde armies in the rules.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Eldar have loads of female models because nerds want to gently caress elves.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Atlas Hugged posted:

Over thousands of pages of fluff and a thousand sculpts across 30 years, female IG are mentioned about a dozen times and have maybe 5 official models. Nerds declare that this is enough representation and that if you really think you need more women on the table than that, you're free to chop up the most expensive standard troops in the game and make your own for one of the largest horde armies in the rules.

Oh it's definitely not enough, I was just saying that they do technically exist.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

JBP posted:

rapedemo.jpg

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

JBP posted:

I mean yeah, Legolas

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
So what the hell happened to the ork aesthetic? I made the mistake of doing some work on my old Gorkamorka stuff and so I've been looking at the new orks and it's loving hideous. Everything has been cranked up to 11 and covered in ten million tiny bits and doodads. I was most interested in getting some bikes, but they're worse than the Gorkamorka bike and that's not available anymore. I've seen one on eBay for $55, gently caress.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Space Marine had a woman as the head of the IG forces iirc.

Space Marine was a good game and I am sad they didn't get the trilogy they wanted to go for :smith:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Atlas Hugged posted:

So what the hell happened to the ork aesthetic? I made the mistake of doing some work on my old Gorkamorka stuff and so I've been looking at the new orks and it's loving hideous. Everything has been cranked up to 11 and covered in ten million tiny bits and doodads. I was most interested in getting some bikes, but they're worse than the Gorkamorka bike and that's not available anymore. I've seen one on eBay for $55, gently caress.

I like the look of the orks themselves, but yeah, gently caress the half dozen belts on the average boy. And I agree about bikes. I have eight or so I've been worried about painting due to the complexity of their gubbins.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fathis Munk posted:

Space Marine had a woman as the head of the IG forces iirc.

Space Marine was a good game and I am sad they didn't get the trilogy they wanted to go for :smith:

Agreed. It would have been so rad if Titus had been sent into the Deathwatch as a Blackshield.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I haven't been paying much attention, is it true that GW's plan to save themselves is taller space marines?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I haven't been paying much attention, is it true that GW's plan to save themselves is taller space marines?

Not the whole plan. The whole plan is to start introducing a set of rules that aren't 100% arse (8th edition). Release codexes for all the armies at once in a "get by" format then rapidly follow up with full codexes for every army. Release "cheap" get started sets of monopose models. And perhaps most interestingly, take part in this exciting new thing called social media, and listen to what the community has to say.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They're still 95% arse though, and the bigly marines are replacing the old marines in development and long term production, encouraging people to rebuy the same army over again through whaledom or social anxiety.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

They're still 95% arse though, and the bigly marines are replacing the old marines in development and long term production, encouraging people to rebuy the same army over again through whaledom or social anxiety.

95% compared to some other games? Maybe. But compared to 7th ed. they are a big improvement.

Bigly marines are just this years model. Very few people don't like them. They look nice. As always they are way too expensive, but if you don't just hate the look of Space Marines, they are really nice.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

95% compared to some other games? Maybe. But compared to 7th ed. they are a big improvement.

Bigly marines are just this years model. Very few people don't like them. They look nice. As always they are way too expensive, but if you don't just hate the look of Space Marines, they are really nice.

Doesn't really matter whether you think they're nice or not, the point is that there won't be any new development for the old marines anymore - even though they'll still keep selling the old marines for quite some time, all future new marine releases are going to be bigly soldiers and their bigly vehicles. And, as a terrible hobby full of terrible people, there are going to be whales leaning on and poo poo talking players who keep bringing regular marines to events and tournaments 3, 5 years from now.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Indolent Bastard posted:

Not the whole plan. The whole plan is to start introducing a set of rules that aren't 100% arse (8th edition). Release codexes for all the armies at once in a "get by" format then rapidly follow up with full codexes for every army. Release "cheap" get started sets of monopose models. And perhaps most interestingly, take part in this exciting new thing called social media, and listen to what the community has to say.

Hm, this sounds exactly like the plan from way back in 3rd edition, but I wasn't around for that. Didn't they have the internet campaign (and 2+ people per store) back then?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
manlet marines suck balls

gently caress you little stupid baby marines

go big or go home

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Age of Bigmar

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Doesn't really matter whether you think they're nice or not, the point is that there won't be any new development for the old marines anymore - even though they'll still keep selling the old marines for quite some time, all future new marine releases are going to be bigly soldiers and their bigly vehicles. And, as a terrible hobby full of terrible people, there are going to be whales leaning on and poo poo talking players who keep bringing regular marines to events and tournaments 3, 5 years from now.

I guess. I play orks, so I don't much care. Also LOL if you play with anyone but friends/cool bros, and hopefully at someone's house (with beer).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Atlas Hugged posted:

So what the hell happened to the ork aesthetic? I made the mistake of doing some work on my old Gorkamorka stuff and so I've been looking at the new orks and it's loving hideous. Everything has been cranked up to 11 and covered in ten million tiny bits and doodads.

That's every GW model now, not just Orks.

Atlas Hugged posted:

I was most interested in getting some bikes, but they're worse than the Gorkamorka bike and that's not available anymore. I've seen one on eBay for $55, gently caress.
Sorry, you're wrong. The new Ork bikes are way awesome.

• Locked thread