Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Taking all bets on whether or not Jay Mike and Ranch will like Valerian.

I think I'll watch the movie. And I'll give you my review. Does that excite you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Watch Valerian. It's going to be good.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

The Bananana posted:

I think I'll watch the movie. And I'll give you my review. Does that excite you?

I don't know. Are you more Wizard or are you more Jay?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

goon 1: I hate josh but also i am josh.
goon 2: lol i hate josh too. isn't that funny
josh: do you have stairs in your house?
goon 1: i hate you, josh.
josh: Im stuck in a well. Should i dig?
goon 2: I was stuck in a well before and you need to climb!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

josh is alright in re:view i think because he's not trying to be funny. he definitely reminds me of some of my friends' friends who were way too into troma and early peter jackson joints.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

FuturePastNow posted:

I agree that Hollywood should stop making bad movies, only good from now on

ok?

Hollywood has never made good movies, they've only accidentally hired great directors.

Groovelord Neato posted:

josh is alright in re:view i think because he's not trying to be funny. he definitely reminds me of some of my friends' friends who were way too into troma and early peter jackson joints.

But that also applies to Jay, which is probably why they became friends. It also applies to me...

I just hope I'm a Jay and not a Josh :ohdear:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

vermin posted:

I don't know. Are you more Wizard or are you more Jay?

I'm more of a if Mike and Jay had a baby

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

all three of you are josh irl.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I really like that my youtube recommendations are now full of RLM instead of atheists ranting about feminism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cqt54sT_Ls

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

"We were going to give it to Jimmy Smits, but Attack of the Clones was such a turd."

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Paladinus posted:

I really like that my youtube recommendations are now full of RLM instead of atheists ranting about feminism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cqt54sT_Ls

Nobrandcon is still my favorite RLM thing

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Go to :43 and watch the little girl in the green hat get traumatized for life

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Idk if I'm ready to watch Josh do his Scientistman impression thanks tho.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Schweinhund posted:

Go to :43 and watch the little girl in the green hat get traumatized for life

Lololol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Nobrandcon is still my favorite RLM thing

Same here, it's hilarious.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Trip Report: The Void is dumb and it's just weird tentacles and poo poo just for the sake of tentacles and poo poo.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I wanted it to fill the void in my heart but instead it filled the void in my colon :(

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

counterfeitsaint posted:

Trip Report: The Void is dumb and it's just weird tentacles and poo poo just for the sake of tentacles and poo poo.

hentai is not rlm related

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

counterfeitsaint posted:

dammit i wanted it to be good! gently caress movies!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow, Mike got really fat

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jay was dead center when he said The Void was more interested in its creature work than its storytelling.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah I didn't like the void very much but I loved the practical monster effects, too bad they only used it like 3 times.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Void looked interesting but I could see it being one of those films that works better as trailers than as an actual movie.

I recently watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe and I liked the first bit (Brian Cox is always great), a supernatural procedural would be really cool but it really starts to suck at a certain point. Just a bunch of lame jump scares and "it was all in their heads!" at a certain point.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

priznat posted:

"it was all in their heads!" at a certain point.

I thought Jane Doe was a witch who's cursed dead body tricks everyone in her vicinity to kill each other.

so not exactly the "it was all in their heads" meme.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's "all in their head" in the way Oculus tricks everyone into killing them selves. I enjoyed Oculus but Jane Doe started off mysterious and just turns into gore and jump scares.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah, mostly how all the dead zombie folks were just the witch mind-messing with them which could have been ok I suppose but ehh it was just kind of a missed opportunity with the whole autopsy angle. They should have been able to "solve" it or something.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Ahh I see, yeah that movie got lame at the end but it left me wanting more adventures of the wandering corpse lady.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

Ahh I see, yeah that movie got lame at the end but it left me wanting more adventures of the wandering corpse lady.

Could almost be a weekly tales from the crypt thing where her corpse shows up somewhere and just starts fuckin poo poo up :haw:

Haunted Weekend at Bernie's!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I appreciated The Void. I didn't like it, but I appreciate that they put so much effort into the practical effects.

Unfortunately the last scene has a horrible green screen shot which left me with a sour taste in my eyeballs.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I was going to watch The Void but Jay said it was meh and he's right about everything always, so then I didn't. Sounds like it was the right call.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

HoAssHo posted:

I was going to watch The Void but Jay said it was meh and he's right about everything always, so then I didn't. Sounds like it was the right call.

0% of all the tentacles in the movie went up vaginas/dickholes/assholes so he must've been very disappointed.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Again, sounds like I made the right call.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
George Romero died, 4-minute RLM Romero-chat highlight reel incoming

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
there is something so quaint about early RLM reviews. maybe it was before they moved into their real warehouse space so the sets were just in their apartments or whatever but it looks so shoddy and low rent. probly the older cameras they were using too

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"Rich Evans is Defeatable" is the best title for any video ever. makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New Planet of the Apes movie is loving excellent.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

the good fax machine posted:

Wow, Mike got really fat

That's just the natural Midwestern aging process.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

skinny mike and skinny rich are Not Canon.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Old Story posted:

George Romero died, 4-minute RLM Romero-chat highlight reel incoming

I think he's another one of those directors who accidentally made a good first movie that was a real collaborative effort but really took all the credit and Hollywood worships them for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

The Archaic posted:

I think he's another one of those directors who accidentally made a good first movie that was a real collaborative effort but really took all the credit and Hollywood worships them for some reason.

I'm not like a huge Romero fan but Night, Dawn and Day are all great. Though all of them are kind of have that collaborative quality about them, at least those three which are the ones I have seen.

I think they characterize him pretty well in the Re:View on Dawn of the Dead, in that he's kind of sloppy but in a mostly good way.

• Locked thread