Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I've had a great time taking Aquapolis virgins into the the place over the last few days. I'll be continuing some Aquapolis runs tomorrow morning and evening time as well as a good amount of runs on Monday. So if you've never been in Aquapolis or you just want to join in for a roller-coaster of disappointment, find me in game (Mordiceius Ketsumei). I'm usually hanging out by the market board near the DGKK house if I'm not off doing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Temple of the Fist Second boss is not difficult. Setting aside the nautical directions, Killer instinct (The counter) is as easy as watching for the cast, halting attacking for a second, watching to see the directional shields go up, and moving to the unshielded side. The only other tricky one is the tracking AoE I guess since it uses fore/aft or Port/Star during it?

Ranged DPS should just stick closer to the boss to make it easier to shift to the safe area for its directional moves. If you're melee with your own positional moves, well, that sucks, quickly slot in True North if you're not a Ninja?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Or just shrug and eat the 5 kenki loss if you're a SAM.

Seriously, you've seen worse with Ravana, this poo poo's easy.

Best I have managed is average, and only when I'm one of the DPS.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jul 16, 2017

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Pikavangelist posted:

This is from several pages back, but: apparently someone on Twitter did.

https://twitter.com/maybethief/status/886191453210390528

Also the account still exists. Sometimes Reddit shows a deleted post as being from [deleted], sometimes it doesn't. I think it's mod removal vs. the user deleting it, but I don't remember which one is which and I'm too lazy to test it.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Vercure and Verraise should be removed from the game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

just lol if you're not using Corps-a-Corps after a tank buster the /hug the tank and ask them if they're ok.

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

Emalde posted:

Can't wait to see the Catastrophe version of this

I already have Paint open and ready for Tuesday.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Probably a good thing I wasn't planning on jumping into savage raiding on Tuesday because I just moved and the previous tenant of this apartment never canceled their internet service, which means I can't get internet until we get in touch with them and get them to cancel it because AT&T doesn't allow multiple service accounts for one address :thumbsup:

And if you're wondering, "Why not just go with a different provider? AT&T is dumb anyway," it's because my building is only wired for AT&T and nobody told me that until I already moved in on Friday.

Pikavangelist posted:

This is from several pages back, but: apparently someone on Twitter did.

https://twitter.com/maybethief/status/886191453210390528

:eyepop:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Blockhouse posted:

having looked at the EX primal guides since I'm getting close to 70 susano seems fun while lakshimi seems like a bunch of bullshit memorization

You don't need to memorize anything for Lakshmi aside from "is she purple?" and if yes then pop a Vril

cheetah7071 posted:

oGCDs are good because they increase my button presses per second, a very fun stat to have high

I prefer to have time to make a spot of tea between actions

Minrad posted:

yeah it's pretty complex

This is a good diagram of a complicated mechanic

Emalde posted:

Can't wait to see the Catastrophe version of this

Catastrophe is already more difficult mechanically than Lakshmi EX

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
Regarding Magnai and Sadu being his moon, I don't see how that could work out seeing their religions are incompatible. Sadu believes she has been reincarnating as the same person over and over just with a different appearance. Meanwhile Magnai believes he is the reincarnation of the Dawn Father who is destined to find the reincarnation of the Dusk Mother each time they're reborn. How could Sadu be the Dusk Mother when they've been the same Sadu every time? That's not even getting in to the part where Magnai has his own ideas of how the Dusk Mother should be and Sadu is the complete opposite of that.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Clarste posted:

Well yes, that was my problem. I mean, Machinist has the exact same skills too, but at least they have Wildfire to give them a reason to think about when they use them. Red Mage gets the two oGCDs which do nothing but damage and you have no reason not to spam them 99% of the time.

My preferred solution would just be to add more nuance to Red Mage abilities. Too many of their skills are samey.

I mean, here's the thing: Red Mage feels very good to play. The general rhythm of it is fantastic. There's a reason I stuck with it to 70 and will continue to play it, after all. But I'm still annoyed that Fleche and Contre Sixte are just damage abilities you use on cooldown with no other considerations, that Veraero/Verthunder, Verstone/Verfire, and Verholy/Verflare are functionally just three actual spells that have two colors each.

Fleche and Contre Sixte seem to be the best place to add some interest to these without meaningfully disrupting the flow of playing Red Mage. If I had to think about when to use them instead of it just being "literally every time they're off cooldown" I'd love it. Sure, they both look awesome (especially Contre Sixte, that kick-jump off the sword is my favorite animation in the game right now), and therefore I like pressing those buttons, but it'd add some much-needed nuance to the job if they did more than just damage or if they interacted with other abilities so that they do more damage in certain situations or something.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They belong together because it's cute.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

macfam posted:

Regarding Magnai and Sadu being his moon, I don't see how that could work out seeing their religions are incompatible. Sadu believes she has been reincarnating as the same person over and over just with a different appearance. Meanwhile Magnai believes he is the reincarnation of the Dawn Father who is destined to find the reincarnation of the Dusk Mother each time they're reborn. How could Sadu be the Dusk Mother when they've been the same Sadu every time? That's not even getting in to the part where Magnai has his own ideas of how the Dusk Mother should be and Sadu is the complete opposite of that.

Magnai's tribe doesn't literally believe they're the Dawn Father, but that they descended from his Xaela avatar. They believe that the Dusk Mother shed tears that became her Xaela avatars and their destined partners. Is the Dusk Mother constantly shedding tears? Or do they believe their destined partners could also be descended from them? Who knows.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

macfam posted:

That's not even getting in to the part where Magnai has his own ideas of how the Dusk Mother should be and Sadu is the complete opposite of that.

Yes, that would be what makes the pairing interesting.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They belong together because it's cute.

Any deeper thinking than this is misguided.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Where can I find a summary for the live letter?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Umm them getting together would be the most anime thing to happen and ffxiv is a pretty drat big anime

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Oxyclean posted:

Where can I find a summary for the live letter?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337124-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVII-Q-A-Update-Thread

Official translations of the questions.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Harrow posted:

Probably a good thing I wasn't planning on jumping into savage raiding on Tuesday because I just moved and the previous tenant of this apartment never canceled their internet service, which means I can't get internet until we get in touch with them and get them to cancel it because AT&T doesn't allow multiple service accounts for one address :thumbsup:

And if you're wondering, "Why not just go with a different provider? AT&T is dumb anyway," it's because my building is only wired for AT&T and nobody told me that until I already moved in on Friday.

Take your lease or rental agreement to AT&T and they'll force-close the previous tenant's account.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I don't get how people gently caress up the Port and Star / Fore and Aft attack. They could be called Fizzlebz and Gragdar and all it takes is that you see them once and notice where each hits.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Would anyone be interested in an Aquapolis/Lost Canals linkshell bridging the 3 guilds so we have a cool group of cool bros that like to search for cool treasure?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Would anyone be interested in an Aquapolis/Lost Canals linkshell bridging the 3 guilds so we have a cool group of cool bros that like to search for cool treasure?

God yes the more people I can drag into Aquapolis the better.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Okay. Message (Mordiceius Ketsumei) in game and I'll add you to the Aquapolis/Lost Canals linkshell.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Argas posted:

Magnai's tribe doesn't literally believe they're the Dawn Father, but that they descended from his Xaela avatar. They believe that the Dusk Mother shed tears that became her Xaela avatars and their destined partners. Is the Dusk Mother constantly shedding tears? Or do they believe their destined partners could also be descended from them? Who knows.

It's even less deep than that. His tribe believes there is a counterpart for them out there SOMEWHERE, it doesn't specify where their soul came from and it doesn't specify where their own soul goes at death.

'Huh, she's from a Dusk Mother aligned tribe...' is, in fact, probably all he needs. That she used to be a man in a previous life matters not nearly so much as who she is NOW.

And you can just SEE her deciding that she was born as a woman in this life, thus the Dusk Mother wants her to have a LOT of babies... the lack of which is a big problem for her own tribe right now. :v: Buckle up, Magnai. :v:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mordiceius posted:

Okay. Message (Mordiceius Ketsumei) in game and I'll add you to the Aquapolis/Lost Canals linkshell.

I can't find you/tell you in game. D:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sadu pointedly refused to answer Magnai's call for the women of the Azim Steppe to present themselves to him that he might look into their eyes to find his Nhaama after he won the previous Naadam.
I'm not sure if they could raise a larger flag.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
did that one goon ever get his coil run?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Also, Magnai sucks.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Attorney at Funk posted:

Also, Magnai sucks.

That's really the best part about them pairing up. Sadu will tell him that. Repeatedly.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Ok, so I'm down to very few leve allowances, but about 40 crafting manuals.

Can anyone suggest what to grind out for xp to finish out the rest of these classes?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
You will run out of manuals way before you finish leveling any of them

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Grind intermediate materials and then do the least annoying collectables you have available.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

That's really the best part about them pairing up. Sadu will tell him that. Repeatedly.

Yeah, the Dotharl seem like the kind of people who would be totes okay with Sadu slitting Magnai's throat on the basis that he was a massive rear end in a top hat. I mean arguably their religious beliefs stem from just how much killing and getting killed is a regular part of their lives. So, you know, I'd not be feeling too sorry for either of them if they did have a Moogle Post quest where they got together or something.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

SettingSun posted:

I don't get how people gently caress up the Port and Star / Fore and Aft attack. They could be called Fizzlebz and Gragdar and all it takes is that you see them once and notice where each hits.

It's a trivial amount of damage and with the way the boss constantly spins I'd rather eat it and not engage with that mechanic at all.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

dipple posted:

It's a trivial amount of damage and with the way the boss constantly spins I'd rather eat it and not engage with that mechanic at all.

It reduces your damage to 10% for 15 seconds so perhaps you should consider :gitgud:'n instead

slev
Apr 6, 2009

dipple posted:

The damage down debuff it gives is a bigger problem than the damage it does

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Bleu posted:

It reduces your damage to 10% for 15 seconds so perhaps you should consider :gitgud:'n instead

There is no way that's a real smiley

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Goons: How come I never get compliments in Temple of the Fist?
Also Goons: LOL no I don't do the mechanics what a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If we weren't as anti-social in game as we are in real life, we'd be able to stand close enough to the boss and group that it only takes like 2 steps to dodge anything.