Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People who say vague or ominous poo poo without any frame of reference and refuse to give any context. Like "call me". Just give me an idea of what it's about, so I know if you want to make plans to see a movie, or someone loving died, because if you are texting me something like that you already know I can't call you right away you idiot. Why would you try and stress me out in the meantime?

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 10:03 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

My first read of this was Jew-elia

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

People who say vague or ominous poo poo without any frame of reference and refuse to give any context. Like "call me". Just give me an idea of what it's about, so I know if you want to make plans to see a movie, or someone loving died, because if you are texting me something like that you already know I can't call you right away you idiot. Why would you try and stress me out in the meantime?

Even worse my oldest sister loves to text "sos" for everything big or small

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

veni veni veni posted:

This is a reply. What do you think about it?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

People like to send "could you come over for a minute?" messages at work on Skype or whatever it's called nowadays and I just completely disregard them because if they can't be arsed to write what it's about, I can't be arsed to go there or even respond.

So far it's never been anything worth my time* anyway.

*) Or my employer's time since I don't actually get paid to walk about the offices.

Elfgames posted:

Even worse my oldest sister loves to text "sos" for everything big or small

"HELP SOS PRONTER NOT WOK"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My mom recently said "I need to talk to you about something when you come visit in 4 days" and refused to tell me what it was about "just talk to me about it when you get here" so I just told her I wasn't coming to visit anymore if she wasn't going to tell me.

It ended up being something so mundane I already forgot what it was. I think she found some junk I left in the attic 15 years ago and she wanted me to take it with me or donate it. She does that kind of poo poo frequently and it pisses me off so much.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Garrand posted:

My first read of this was Jew-elia

When I asked them if it was spelled the standard way, they started spelling it out and I thought it was going to actually be Jewlia.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
People who expect you to interact with their kids. Like giving their kids little shoves and going "why don't you tell that funny joke you told yesterday"

Like gently caress. I don't want to hear it. The kid really doesn't want to tell it on cue. The kid just wants to go off and play with his toys or videogames.

It's like there are adults who don't remember being kids and how much these things sucked from a kids perspective.

These are the kids who have to lock themselves in their rooms when mom has company over because they can't go to the bathroom without being called over to interact with adults.

I remember being a kid and how until I was about 13 I just assumed that people could only remember stuff for 30 or so years and that all the adults had just forgotten entirely what it was like to be a kid. Judging by how bad they all are at interacting with or dealing with them.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the same vein, people that won't let their kids have any autonomy at all. The ones who pick and plan their kids day regardless of how it might effect them with so much on their plate at a young age. Dads who force their kids into sports and moms who force girls into dance and such even when the kid is obviously not interested, doesn't care, or wants to quit. Even the nerd parents get into it and force their kids through all the Star Wars and Marvel movies because its necessary education in their household. Just let them be themselves and not a mini you no matter how much you try to.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Imo you should raise your kids and teach them what you know, but hey it takes all sorts

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Now when you shoot heroin, you need to really tie off that arm good like this...."

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Kids not forced into sports just go home and watch star trek all day believe me I know

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

cinni posted:

"Now when you shoot heroin, you need to really tie off that arm good like this...."

Heroin: as bad as sports

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Repetitive concussions can be pretty bad so take what you will (and it was more a joke about teaching what you know to kids)

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Kids don't know poo poo, disregard their opinions at all times.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Novum posted:

Imo you should raise your kids and teach them what you know, but hey it takes all sorts

There's a difference between being involved in your kids' lives and teaching them stuff, and being a hyper-pushy helicopter parent.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

We have a little electric train at work,that takes kids on a 10 minute ride and drops them off at the start location. There's a supervisor that walks along with it to make sure everyone is safe. I've done this job many times, it's easy to keep an eye on everyone. The train is only 5 small cars long.

There are a lot of parents that express complete shock at the very thought of their kid being out of sight for that amount of time. Even locked in a cart with a babysitter who is literally paid to watch them. Kids with those kinds of parents don't stand a chance of growing up independent and self-sufficient. Helicopter parents are insane.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Funny though, there seems to be a LOT of kids out there named Sissy now. I hear it at least once a week.

Sissy is southern hick slang for sister. E.g. Go find your sister becomes go find sissy. But maybe there actually are a lot of kids named sissy, I dunno.

The male equivalent is bubba or bub, but that doesn't seem as common.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
My upstairs neighbor throws a golf ball across the hardwood floor for her dog to chase.

Sailor Jerry
May 28, 2013
Pillbug

Voyager I posted:

Don't rage out and tailgate people or go 80 in a 55 zone with traffic and intersections you goddamn moron.

The only intersection is the turnoff to the development. There's maybe 2 driveways for the remaining 2 miles before it ends at a tee. There is no reason not to go fast since the road is wide enough to allow semi-trailers to pass easily. There are no accidents on that road that I can remember other than hitting a deer at night. So, I'm unreasonably angry at people who should know better than to risk accidents by going incredibly slow at the bottom of a hill on a busy road.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Slime posted:

When people tell off children/pets for making noise/a disturbance and are actually straight up louder than them anyway, thus waking up people who weren't actually bothered by the original noise.

Due to our work schedules, my girlfriend and I usually stay up quite late. She'll often call out to her cat to cuddle with her, and get progressively louder until she's yelling the cat's name. At like 2 or 3 in the morning. I've tried to explain to her that he's a cat, that he's not going to come at her command, but she insists he does it whenever I'm not around. Maybe it's true, I don't know, but I DO know that she's probably pissing off our neighbours in the adjoining apartments.

Sailor Jerry posted:

There is a small development built around an artificial lake on the main road that heads to my rural home. People who live there will consistently turn off the highway then proceed to travel at 10-15 miles per hour for about half of a mile to a railroad crossing then slowing to 5 mph at the crossing just before their turn. They will stay at that speed until they turn on their signal mid turn.

These aren't all elderly people who simply have slower reaction times. They're 30-50 year old average people. I don't know what to do to convince them to go faster on this wide rural road. I tailgate in an obnoxious way (since it is a 55 mph zone). I can't pass due to the traffic and a hill so I have to suffer for the 2 minutes it takes them to drive to the entrance.

I end up angry enough to want to slam into their big "hemi-powered" pickup trucks in my pathetic car. I just end up driving at 80 mph for the 4 remaining miles to my house.

Sailor Jerry posted:

The only intersection is the turnoff to the development. There's maybe 2 driveways for the remaining 2 miles before it ends at a tee. There is no reason not to go fast since the road is wide enough to allow semi-trailers to pass easily. There are no accidents on that road that I can remember other than hitting a deer at night. So, I'm unreasonably angry at people who should know better than to risk accidents by going incredibly slow at the bottom of a hill on a busy road.

You seem like a really cool person. I too like to endanger the lives of other people and kill animals to shave a few minutes off of my commute.

Tiggum posted:

And her siblings Nancy and Poofter?

:lol:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

yo rear end is grass posted:

Due to our work schedules, my girlfriend and I usually stay up quite late. She'll often call out to her cat to cuddle with her, and get progressively louder until she's yelling the cat's name. At like 2 or 3 in the morning. I've tried to explain to her that he's a cat, that he's not going to come at her command, but she insists he does it whenever I'm not around. Maybe it's true, I don't know, but I DO know that she's probably pissing off our neighbours in the adjoining apartments.

Thanks that at least one of you is self-aware enough to realize this. I have some neighbours where I think the boyfriend works weird hours so sometimes he doesn't come home until around midnight. He's a big guy so there's some stomping, but that ends quickly. They then have conversations where I can hear every detail of what she is saying but usually can't hear him at all. Some people just have no concept of having an "inside voice" or understanding that when everyone else in the building is trying to sleep and the neighbourhood is silent even your normal voice is enough to keep everyone up, but guess what, since it's so quiet you can talk very softly and whoever you're talking to can still hear you!

She was once sitting practically perched in an open window looking out while talking to her boyfriend who was in another room. The whole loving neighbourhood was woken up by extreme 20-something up-talking at 1am and my wife actually went over in her PJ's. The guy was super apologetic.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The Moon Monster posted:

Sissy is southern hick slang for sister. E.g. Go find your sister becomes go find sissy. But maybe there actually are a lot of kids named sissy, I dunno.

That actually makes a lot of sense, we do have a lot of American tourists in town right now.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Loud breathing. Don't breathe so loving loud. If one of your nostrils is clogged and the other is making an intense whistling sound then breathe (quietly) through your mouth or something. Can you not hear how loud you are?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Loud breathing. Don't breathe so loving loud. If one of your nostrils is clogged and the other is making an intense whistling sound then breathe (quietly) through your mouth or something. Can you not hear how loud you are?

Sory :negative:

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Baronjutter posted:

Had to sit next to the morbidly obese kid during a history exam in Year 12.

In the silent conditions, I could hear him loudly struggle to breathe, with wheezing into the bargain.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Sounds pretty assholish to me. I struggled with some terrible allergies during my teen years, and literally could not breath quietly at the worst times. Seems kind of narcissistic, and dare I say ableist to complain about that. Try some empathy in the future.

And I guess the one dude who was lovely enough to complain about me was my obnoxious thing.

Slowpoke Rodriguez has a new favorite as of 04:01 on Jul 18, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

aw yeah neighbors vacuuming their apartment at 10 minutes before midnight 👌👌👌👌

e: I'm not that mad, just like '????' and this isn't the pet peeves thread whoops

snoo has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Jul 18, 2017

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

The Moon Monster posted:

Can confirm, it's redneck for sister. I had a cousin whose name I never knew because everyone just called her that.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

The Snoo posted:

aw yeah neighbors vacuuming their apartment at 10 minutes before midnight 👌👌👌👌

e: I'm not that mad, just like '????' and this isn't the pet peeves thread whoops

Had one of those. Would also sort aluminum cans at night because why not.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Baronjutter posted:

There's a woman in my office who sounds like Darth Vader. She breathes so loudly all day, it's insane. Anyone who mouth breathes, pants, wheezes, sniffles, any poo poo like that. Especially when they're just, like sitting around or whatever. I could understand if you're busting rear end at the gym or working hard you might be breathing hard but if you're at work and the most strenuous thing you've done is type an email and you're still panting and wheezing then kill yourself, ugh. Being able to hear other people's wet noises makes me want to die. And yes, I am aware of my own gross noises and do my best not to inflict them on other people.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah, I know it's unfair but I pretty much wish death on anyone who can't exist without making constant annoying gross sounds. From loud breathing to gross eating noises to fiddling with plastic bags to coughing to not having an "inside voice". It's unfair but holy poo poo just make an effort.

My friend was dating a huge fat guy for a while and he'd just wheeze and pant watching TV. I thought he was winded from just walking from his car to inside, but it only subsided a tiny bit, he was that winded simply from existing. I felt really bad for him, obesity to that level is really a mental health issue and I have a lot of sympathy for that. But I still just want all loud breathers to shut the gently caress up or go away. I'm unreasonably angry! I have horrible allergies to the point where I can't even see because there's goop coming out of every hole in my face sometimes, but I excuse myself from the room to blow my nose, avoid snorting and sniffling in public, and try to be constantly aware of any potential gross congested breathing sounds I might be making.

Another one is smells. And once again, there's tons of people with mental health issues that result in them not bothering to bathe them selves, there's people with medical conditions, I get it, but holy poo poo gently caress off with the awful body odor. If you're that depressed just stay home and stink by yourself, if you're going out into the world please wash and apply what ever antiperspirants or medicated deodorants you need.

Baronjutter has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Jul 18, 2017

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008
Why is it so hard to find a small container of plain yogurt? When I get Indian food take-out I like to make some pineapple Lassi to go with it, but every container of yogurt in the store has been replaced with greek yogurt.

When did we collectively decide that greek yogurt was the only one you can have? The only place I can find plain yogurt is in huge tubs. I literally need about 1 cup or less, the rest just goes to waste. The little single serving cups were perfect but I've been to two grocery stores in my area and neither carry plain yogurt in that size.

I tried the greek and it tastes weird as Lassi, guess I'll be throwing away a bunch of yogurt from now on.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

BuddyChrist posted:

Why is it so hard to find a small container of plain yogurt?
Look next to the unflavored seltzer.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Greek yoghurt around here is plain yoghurt :confused:

e: Oh it's a dumb American thing again "Strained yogurt is sometimes marketed in North America as "Greek yogurt"" Actually I guess it is a bit thicker than the non-greek plain stuff. The really thick poo poo is sold as Turkish. I have no idea why the Bulgarian stuff is called Bulgarian.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Jul 19, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've never really realized how many types of plain yoghurt there are available to me. Thanks, SA.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Yeah, but I bet you don't have Go-Gurt :smug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Yeah, but I bet you don't have Go-Gurt :smug:

quote:

It is squeezed out of a tube directly into the mouth, instead of being eaten with a spoon.

Yeah if you eat yoghurt in any way other than a spoon I won't even consider you human.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Dump a pot of yoghurt on the floor and eat the yoghurt off the floor like an animal you piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah, I know it's unfair but I pretty much wish death on anyone who can't exist without making constant annoying gross sounds. From loud breathing to gross eating noises to fiddling with plastic bags to coughing to not having an "inside voice". It's unfair but holy poo poo just make an effort.

If I have ever heard you cracking/popping/smacking gum, then there is a 100% chance I have daydreamed about shooting you right in the back of the head

• Locked thread