Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm catching up since the exhibition match and skipped some episodes, what's the reason why they picked 17 and not let's say, Cell instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Plutonis posted:

I'm catching up since the exhibition match and skipped some episodes, what's the reason why they picked 17 and not let's say, Cell instead?

17 was alive. Cell had passed on to the otherside.

Freiza was still in hell because he wouldn't move on.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

RBX posted:

Frieza has been forgotten in all this.

Frieza will get dunked by Kale next episode.

He won't get ringed out though. That honor will be reserved for Caulifla after she reaches Super Saiyan Orange and reddit and youtube will cry tears of salty saltiness

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Plutonis posted:

Two possibilities: Cell repented and passed on (possible since he felt he was invincible and perfect but was defeated) or purely mechanical beings don't go to Otherworld. I mean, has anyone seen Android 16?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

17 is stronger than Cell now.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Covok posted:

Two possibilities: Cell repented and passed on (possible since he felt he was invincible and perfect but was defeated) or purely mechanical beings don't go to Otherworld. I mean, has anyone seen Android 16?

The King Yemma from U3 has the easiest and most boring job of them all.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Covok posted:

cell wasn't purely mechanical. 16 and 20 were full robots but that's it

e: or maybe it was 19, I forget which one had gero's brain jar and which was the fat guy

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 16, 2017

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Plutonis posted:

Because its Cell.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its kind of funny that outside of all of his tricks, Krillin's big win besides playing nice with his wife is to abuse his lack of smell and be the stinky guy to knock out nose Chinese fox.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, seriously, they only picked Frieza because they were desperate and he's the third strongest mortal in the universe.

There's really no merit to picking Cell, even when you ignore the fact he's probably long purified by now.

You might as well ask why they didn't recruit Raditz or the Ginyu Force.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean, seriously, they only picked Frieza because they were desperate and he's the third strongest mortal in the universe.

There's really no merit to picking Cell, even when you ignore the fact he's probably long purified by now.

Guldo might have actually been pretty useful.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Goku and Jiren are going to fight each other to a standstill.

They're both exhausted.

Death beams hit both of them in the heart. Frost and Frieza dump them both off the edge and high five.

Frost then poisons Frieza with the high five and hurls him off the edge.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
It will come down to Jiren, Goku and Gohan

and then Goku will step off the stage to let Gohan have the fight, mirroring the dumb poo poo he pulled in the Cell Games

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Lunatic Sledge posted:

It will come down to Jiren, Goku and Gohan

and then Goku will step off the stage to let Gohan have the fight, mirroring the dumb poo poo he pulled in the Cell Games

I hope this.

Instead of jumping off the edge, Goku somehow managed to sneak a senzu bean in and gives it to Jiren, getting disqualified and loving Gohan over again.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

lezard_valeth posted:

Frieza will get dunked by Kale next episode.

He won't get ringed out though. That honor will be reserved for Caulifla after she reaches Super Saiyan Orange and reddit and youtube will cry tears of salty saltiness

Is there nothing else to talk about with this character?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

lezard_valeth posted:

I hope this.

Instead of jumping off the edge, Goku somehow managed to sneak a senzu bean in and gives it to Jiren, getting disqualified and loving Gohan over again.

Hahaha, I could just imagine this. If Beerus had any sense he'd erase Goku for that poo poo.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

TFRazorsaw posted:

The reason he asked about Cell, if we're going to be fair, is Americans like Cell more than Freeza, in general. It's the opposite in Japan. Not sure why it is, but this is where some of the complaints are coming from. Could be because Cell's dub voice actor was so good and Freeza's dub voice actor was a poor fit, in the original dub I mean.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Covok posted:

The reason he asked about Cell, if we're going to be fair, is Americans like Cell more than Freeza, in general. It's the opposite in Japan. Not sure why it is, but this is where some of the complaints are coming from. Could be because Cell's dub voice actor was so good and Freeza's dub voice actor was a poor fit, in the original dub I mean.

I think it has more to do with the fact Cell was more powerful than anything else. Just look at how much power level and Broly is Strongest chat you even get today from older fans, let alone our impressionable idiot selves back when we were younger and seeing this poo poo for the first time.

Cell's the most powerful villain in Dragonball that isn't Buu. And Buu was too weird and the arc's reception mixed enough even back then, that yeah.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Maybe he was before Ressurection F, but that's not the case anymore.

I mean, hell, SHIN is as strong as Cell.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Covok posted:

How rude!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I like bugs and also Perfect Cell was very charismatic.

Doubly so in Xenoverse. :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean, hell, SHIN is as strong as Cell.

where are you getting this from

dabura was as strong as cell and shin was terrified of him

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Bee posted:

How rude!

Death beam!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

I was misremembering. You're right, they were talking about Dabura.

The only metric for Shin's strength is that he's stronger than Frieza was.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

TFRazorsaw posted:

Kinda makes you wonder why Future 17 and 18 were so murderous.

So, what happened was that Dr. Gero and Android 19 attacked the South City place, but the Z-warriors in the future timeline were not informed ahead of time about what was going on and either arrived too late or the ones that did make it got Yamcha'd.

At some later point Android 19 was destroyed, and Dr. Gero realized his older schematics were better, so he finished those, scrapping Android 16. After a few test runs, where they successfully killed off Z-warriors, Goku having died from heart disease, they killed Gero and went rampaging because their aggression levels were boosted to basically hate humanity. Hth

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Future 19 never comes up and probably never existed

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aurora posted:

Future 19 never comes up and probably never existed

Trunks explicitly doesn't recognize Android 19 so if he existed he wasn't anything significant.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

khwarezm posted:

Guldo might have actually been pretty useful.

If Ginyu switches bodies with Jiren and rings out his old body, which team loses?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you were born in universe 9 but moved to a different universe at some point, were you still deleted when zeno erased u9

Covok
May 27, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you were born in universe 9 but moved to a different universe at some point, were you still deleted when zeno erased u9

It was implied that'd be the case when Freeza was fighting those minions.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd say no. Zeno's universe buster didn't home in on Future Trunks and Future Mai, but maybe jumping timelines protected them.

Covok posted:

It was implied that'd be the case when Freeza was fighting those minions.

The opposite was implied. Frieza joining U9 would save him from getting deleted alongside U7 if he helped them win.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I was misremembering. You're right, they were talking about Dabura.

The only metric for Shin's strength is that he's stronger than Frieza was.

I bet Krillin could beat Shin.

Covok
May 27, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

I'd say no. Zeno's universe buster didn't home in on Future Trunks and Future Mai, but maybe jumping timelines protected them.

The opposite was implied. Frieza joining U9 would save him from getting deleted alongside U7 if he helped them win.

Oh yeah, you're right. I was just thinking about all the minions who he said "either die here or be erased with the universe."

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett posted:

Is there nothing else to talk about with this character?

Her voice actor also did Scanty in Japan and is perfect. A delinquent saiyan is what I never knew I always wanted

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdJcJ_zjB5E

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I hope all of Trunks's alts are just hair color palette swaps

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I wonder how much of that game will involve Super stuff, they already have Frieza's golden form, would go balls out and give Trunks that Spirit sword attack he used on Zamasu?

Goku Black would also be a pretty cool character to play as.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Not with that costume or super Sayian.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Burkion posted:

The show treats Tien like he's stronger

The pre-tournament buildup spent three episodes hyping up Krillin and two episodes conspicuously making GBS threads on Tien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manatee Cannon posted:

He's only that strong when he was fused with Kibito.

• Locked thread