Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

?? i only play the games. i don't own the board games and comic books and tie-in novels and figurines and poo poo.

dunno how you don't get the gulf in difference between being a fan of a work and being part of the "fandom".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

?? i only play the games. i don't own the board games and comic books and tie-in novels and figurines and poo poo.

dunno how you don't get the gulf in difference between being a fan of a work and being part of the "fandom".

Maybe they lean closer to the "fandom" side of things if they can't see it. Who's to say?

Caufman
May 7, 2007
This is the lowest point of the thread since how do the bullets work.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i missed that...how do they work??

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I put one in the chamber and put the chamber against my head and hope Westworld season 2 drops before the bullet blows my control unit out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Collateral posted:

Are you suggesting that Charllote Hale is William's daughter?

The show suggests it when she blatantly starts talking to him about her mom i.e. his ex wife i.e. the woman he cheated on with Dolores. I haven't watched it since release but I am certain I can't have gotten that much wrong.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Bust Rodd posted:

The show suggests it when she blatantly starts talking to him about her mom i.e. his ex wife i.e. the woman he cheated on with Dolores. I haven't watched it since release but I am certain I can't have gotten that much wrong.

But Williams's wife is Logan's sister. Logan is white. William is white. Charlotte is biracial. What kind of hosed up genetics are going on with Logan's sister? Or maybe William is just a cuck.

E: also in the picture of Williams's fiancee she is super white. So it's confirmed that William is a cuck?

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 17, 2017

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Uh yeah that's not true at all, he specifically says his daughter's name is Emily.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Charlotte's just on the board and thinks William is stupid for getting so into playing with the fuckbots.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Hahahaha no it doesn't and you so are

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

he cheated on with Dolores.

If sheep don't count?
We may need a priest,
to sort this one out.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Nah, that defense isn't going to work for William.

He felt like he was cheating because he thought Dolores was being 'real' with him.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Groovelord Neato posted:

only bernard caught me off guard

That was predicted ITT too. So yeah I think I'm just going to not read this thread at all during the next and all future seasons. Y'all are bad about running at the mouth the nanosecond you figure out even the slightest hint of a twist.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

That was predicted ITT too. So yeah I think I'm just going to not read this thread at all during the next and all future seasons. Y'all are bad about running at the mouth the nanosecond you figure out even the slightest hint of a twist.

I view it as a positive and a negative with this show.

The negative being things were being spoiled through deductive reasoning. But the positive being this show could be solved and didn't resort to much pulling of things out of it's rear end; most shows with mystery like this cheat so badly you basically could never figure it out until the end.

There was enough incorrect bullshit thrown around too that it wasn't exactly spoilers. In fact I think it was kind of fun, in it's own right, trying to figure the thing out. A rare case where it's possible and a long way from Lost disease where people were always kept in the dark because of shocking twists being hurled at the screen until they couldn't unravel their own mess and I'll take a show with consistent logic any day.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

wasn't everyone claimed to be a host at some point in every thread on the internet about this show. i can't recall any evidence bernard was a host before the reveal so it'd just be throwing poo poo at a wall and seeing what stuck.

Mrs. Wynand
Nov 23, 2002

DLT 4EVA
In a show about stopped clocks people are going to be right about them multiple times a day.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I was extremely happy my wife wrote this show off until it was all done and I didn't get into this thread during it. The pace of it is great for running through large chunks at a time and yeah the internet is too good at figuring poo poo out.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

As far as I can tell most posters appear to be First Generation Hosts itt

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm pretty dumb but I was like whaaaaaaat when the timelines thing was revealed and william/mib where the same dude. The thing I really appreciated though was that the twist actually had a decent narrative hook in the hosts memory recall being perfect to the point of feeling like they're living in all the times at once.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's why all new seasons of shows need to be dumped at once. if you don't have a week or weeks to think about poo poo a lot of the twists would be far more surprising.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

i can't recall any evidence bernard was a host before the reveal

There was the anagram "Bernard Lowe" == "Arnold Weber" but to be fair, I think that Arnold's last name was only confirmed to be Weber in the same episode as the actual reveal.

Also other clues like the picture of young Ford where you oddly couldn't see Arnold and the discussions between Bernard and Dolores in what seemed to be a smaller, older interview room.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's why all new seasons of shows need to be dumped at once. if you don't have a week or weeks to think about poo poo a lot of the twists would be far more surprising.

Disagree. Half the fun of watching this show was reading the speculatuon and analysis on here and other places, and getting to chime in. You lose that when a show is just dumped.

With this show I went from "Multiple timelines/frames is just stupid" to "ok maybe it COULD be that" to "it's totally that" to "HOLY poo poo IT IS THAT AND WILLIAM IS THE MiB"

That was mostly from this thread, and it was awesome.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

King Vidiot posted:

People are so salty on spoilers.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's kind of tricky to avoid speculation these days. Often times facebook or my phone will just randomly pop up with some news story I didn't ask for like "William is the MIB according to internet theorists."

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Cojawfee posted:

It's kind of tricky to avoid speculation these days. Often times facebook or my phone will just randomly pop up with some news story I didn't ask for like "William is the MIB according to internet theorists."

Thats why you have to balance whether you care more about fb and the forums than a tv show and not be too mad when the answer is fb and the forums.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't even follow anything that would spoil things. It's just that stupid "here's trending things" poo poo that spoils TV shows and F1 races for me.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Cojawfee posted:

I like the speculation aspect of the threads during shows like this, but the EVERY SHOW IS AN ARG level of arguing about theories on Reddit, and sometimes here, can make it suck real hard.

Just because a show can be confusing, doesn't mean there are twist-ceptions and ultra deep rabbit holes filled with easter eggs. Bullet chat was the worst.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Astroman posted:

Why I can't be mad about it. It was the odd case where your viewing experience on the internet or without the internet was going to be VERY DIFFERENT, at least for a property without a book/comic/etc to spoil. But both had actual merit to them.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

To me, correctly guessing a possible outcome is not a spoiler.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

King Vidiot posted:

I'm considering doing this myself.

Maybe. I'm a Goon, though, and masochism is kind of our thing.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

business hammocks posted:

Charlotte's just on the board and thinks William is stupid for getting so into playing with the fuckbots.

I originally thought Charlotte was Arnold's kid. Bernard's "grounding plot" was a dying child named Charlie, I thought it wouldn't be hard to alter Arnold's story enough to swap gender's and have the kid die as a method of grounding the Host Bernard.

I guess it could still happen, but I think it's pretty much a dead idea or we'd have seen more things leading towards it.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Why I can't be mad about it. It was the odd case where your viewing experience on the internet or without the internet was going to be VERY DIFFERENT, at least for a property without a book/comic/etc to spoil. But both had actual merit to them.

To me, correctly guessing a possible outcome is not a spoiler.

I'm interested in me figuring stuff out or not, not other people. I really enjoyed getting surprised by the twists in this show. Eliminating or confirming other people's guesses from week to week isn't as appealing to me. To each their own, but yeah that is why I avoid show threads while the show is airing in general and then check it out in between seasons.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Yeah, guilty as charged. The Sixth Sense, Han Solo, and last years GOT finale all spoiled.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Yeah, guilty as charged. The Sixth Sense, Han Solo, and last years GOT finale all spoiled.

Oh man wait until you hear about Rosebud

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I remember having a vague sense about Han Solo that I had at least relegated to "not sure if I read it from a good source or just really believed it myself from guessing and Harrison Ford really wanting Han to die in the OT" and then two people behind me in the theater at a 7pm showing were like "dude mike saw it earlier today and said Han Solo died"

lmao

I just have made peace with the fact that if I wanna be on the forums and in various places online I can't gaurentee my safety. If there's something super important to me I'll limit where I go but I don't think I've got anything important enough to make me go full blackout and yelling at people around me.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I had a similar experience with Sixth Sense, overheard people walking ahead of me talking about it. FYAD got me on Han Solo. The GOT thread got me for Winds if Winter. It was a bullet list of plot points. By the time i realized what it was my brain had processed the first four.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I would read the GOT S7 list if I could make GRRM watch me do it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My brain figured out the twist for The Matrix as I was having a pee right before seeing it in the theater.

The advertising for that movie was pretty cagey, back in the day.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I was kind of dismayed at how much of the new Star Wars you could piece together if you were the kind of person who liked to read news about it and poo poo. I felt like between that and the trailers you had everything but the last like 10-15 mins. I thought Kylo was going to get the better of Rey in that final fight since....yknow he's trained and she just held a lightsaber for the first time and all... and then she was gonna get saved by Luke jumping in and schooling him. Other than that I could have pretty much told you the macro story for the whole thing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Astroman posted:

Disagree. Half the fun of watching this show was reading the speculatuon and analysis on here and other places, and getting to chime in. You lose that when a show is just dumped.

With this show I went from "Multiple timelines/frames is just stupid" to "ok maybe it COULD be that" to "it's totally that" to "HOLY poo poo IT IS THAT AND WILLIAM IS THE MiB"

it just turns into a texas sharpshooter fallacy where every possible (and even impossible) guess is made and when something is revealed it's all wow the internet figured it out!

i wouldn't be surprised if people were posting on reddit about multiple timelines before there were ever hints of it.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I was kind of dismayed at how much of the new Star Wars you could piece together if you were the kind of person who liked to read news about it and poo poo. I felt like between that and the trailers you had everything but the last like 10-15 mins. I thought Kylo was going to get the better of Rey in that final fight since....yknow he's trained and she just held a lightsaber for the first time and all... and then she was gonna get saved by Luke jumping in and schooling him. Other than that I could have pretty much told you the macro story for the whole thing.

that was just the only way the story could go. they could've just revealed luke is in hiding and that kylo ren is a sith and just from that it's pretty easy to piece together kylo ren destroyed his new jedi order and that kylo was likely han and leia's son since he's a force user. the only thing spoiled for me was the last shot cuz patton oswalt is an idiot and tweeted it out that it had the best final shot of any star wars so i knew 100 percent it was gonna be luke.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I had a similar experience with Sixth Sense, overheard people walking ahead of me talking about it. FYAD got me on Han Solo. The GOT thread got me for Winds if Winter. It was a bullet list of plot points. By the time i realized what it was my brain had processed the first four.

I read Tyrion kills Tywin with a Joffrey's Crossbow off someone's avatar that wasn't even in loving TVIV.

• Locked thread