Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does anyone happen to have an extra beta code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

ButtWolf posted:

does anyone happen to have an extra beta code?

Doubtful, but it opens up to the public on Friday, I believe.

Alternately, preorder on Amazon, and cancel when you get the code. They don't charge until the game ships so you don't have to worry about that.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I have it downloaded the beta and pre-ordered the game through PS4 store. Am I good to play come Tuesday or is there some Bungie account poo poo to deal with?

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

poor life choice posted:

I have it downloaded the beta and pre-ordered the game through PS4 store. Am I good to play come Tuesday or is there some Bungie account poo poo to deal with?

Bungo posted:

Players who have pre-ordered digitally will be granted access to the Destiny 2 Beta without needing to redeem codes of any form. The Destiny 2 Beta Client will become available on the PlayStation Store or Xbox Live Marketplace automatically. If players attempt to access the Destiny 2 Beta prior to availability, they will be met with “Destiny Servers Unavailable” error messaging.

search your console's digital storefront for "Destiny 2 Beta" & download

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Thanks!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
My trials highlight this week...

https://youtu.be/758G64lc9Lg

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

el B posted:

You forgot to teabag 9/10

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

:crossarms:

There's already a patch for the Des2ny beta.

And it's a 4gb patch.
(lol if it is kill volumes on the nessus if you try to go and see the rest of the planet)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

xbone exclusive last word incoming

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

2 more days, gents.

5 more for the poors.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

el B posted:

Literally the worst golden gun i have ever seen :monocle:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what're some buttons that people map to rear triggers on xbox elites and stuff? i just got the PS4 equivalent and I'm trying to figure out what's best. melee, jump, reload, switch weapon?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what're some buttons that people map to rear triggers on xbox elites and stuff? i just got the PS4 equivalent and I'm trying to figure out what's best. melee, jump, reload, switch weapon?

I'd assume the 4 face buttons, so you don't have to take your thumb off your aiming stick.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

whats the ps4 equivalent controller?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

AAB posted:

:thejoke:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

AAB posted:

i think there are two that Sony approved, one was a nacon or something and the other was a Razer Raiju, which I got. i think only the nacon has released in NA, but i had a friend pick up a raiju for me while he was overseas. ironically, they're both pretty much shaped like Xbox controllers, but only the raiju keeps the PlayStation both-sticks-at-the-bottom design.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I mapped jump to a paddle on the Xbox elite controller, which made those jumping puzzles in the raids a cake walk and helps just about everything. I also mapped weapon switch to one, which is rad because you can switch quickly while still aiming and hit faster. Those two seemed the best really. Being able to jump while continuing to look around is just loving amazing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The mlg pros either do bumper jumper and map those abilities to them or they map rez and jump so you can aim and shoot while reviving and jumping.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

The mlg pros either do bumper jumper and map those abilities to them or they map rez and jump so you can aim and shoot while reviving and jumping.

Or they buy a XIM :smug:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I run jump and sprint on paddles. Any more cramps up my hands.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah sprint is a required paddle

I also do jump and crouch so you can teabag and shoot more efficiently

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/U9DVSrv.gifv

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Is there any reliable info yet on whether the new trials-like pvp is going to have 3v3? All I can find on google is doofs on reddit complaining. I finally have a good 3-man team put together, and if not I will be sad.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

it likely will but won't go live until the Osiris DLC in Decemberish

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scornful Sexbot posted:

Is there any reliable info yet on whether the new trials-like pvp is going to have 3v3? All I can find on google is doofs on reddit complaining. I finally have a good 3-man team put together, and if not I will be sad.

It won't. Luke Smith said 4v4 is across the board, including Trials.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
3v3 was a weird size for pvp anyway.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

3v3 was a weird size for pvp anyway.

Osiris was uniquely good pvp, and thats weird

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Everything else about the game is in threes, why not PVP teams.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
trials was enjoyable in potato tier for like four months but never again after that

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Are they fixing Trials so that normal people can play it or do you still need to 360-no-scope with a XIM3 to have a prayer of getting the good loot?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't think that has ever been the case, but i would not count on trials not being huge clusterfucks of meta unless d2 has much better balancing than d1.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Just preordered off the PSN website, yesterday. I got the preorder confirmation, but should I expect a beta key email?

Edit: "2. if you buy from psn store (and xbox store?) you are automatically enrolled"

Guess I am OK.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Boosh! posted:

Just preordered off the PSN website, yesterday. I got the preorder confirmation, but should I expect a beta key email?

Edit: "2. if you buy from psn store (and xbox store?) you are automatically enrolled"

Guess I am OK.

Yeah you should be able to immediately find and download the beta also on the PSN store.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
New info: Legendaries drop with an 'Intrinsic' perk, which is RNG. Rest of the perks are set but this is one way of making multiple drops of the same gun different.

There's a Weapon Mods section on guns which has a weapon mod slot, an element slot (if it's an elemental primary), and a shader slot. Looks like you can add weapon mods and shaders to your gun. Only 1 weapon mod can be active at a time, but not sure if you can add more than 1 and switch between them like perks. Also not sure if you can change the element for elemental primaries.

Edit: https://imgur.com/gallery/78uS8

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

It won't. Luke Smith said 4v4 is across the board, including Trials.

I never said this

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

qbert posted:

New info: Legendaries drop with an 'Intrinsic' perk, which is RNG. Rest of the perks are set but this is one way of making multiple drops of the same gun different.

There's a Weapon Mods section on guns which has a weapon mod slot, an element slot (if it's an elemental primary), and a shader slot. Looks like you can add weapon mods and shaders to your gun. Only 1 weapon mod can be active at a time, but not sure if you can add more than 1 and switch between them like perks. Also not sure if you can change the element for elemental primaries.

Edit: https://imgur.com/gallery/78uS8

Looks like scout rifles will be garbage tier in D2. 10 bullets mag. Probaby 6 second reload. Less damage that a wet newspaper.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I never said this

You did

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I never played the Rise of Iron expansion but I remember reading about the introduction of artifacts and thinking that they were a cool idea. Are these going to be present in Destiny 2 or have they been scrapped?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Hey look the entire Sentinel perk tree.

http://imgur.com/a/j5pQQ

Top tree has melee overshield, Ward of Dawn. Bottom tree has Shoulder Charge, cooldown buffs on kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

qbert posted:

Hey look the entire Sentinel perk tree.

http://imgur.com/a/j5pQQ

Top tree has melee overshield, Ward of Dawn. Bottom tree has Shoulder Charge, cooldown buffs on kills.

Intrinsic Titan perk: Cocoon