Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I will take 20 Rutledge Wood segments per race over having to hear DW for an entire broadcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FuzzySkinner posted:

"Don't forget me! A-hyuck!"

The red flag yesterday was worth it for this man to discover later poutine and try to discover why inbred new englanders are incapable of using the word "sprinkle"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Maybe Kyle should go down to Xfinity if he can't cut the mustard in Cup

And then.cut Xfinuty

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

suck a donger kyle

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

88 about to gently caress itself

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Danica in the top 10? The gently caress is happening

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kidcoelacanth posted:

literally just do an online network with all the racing. NBC airs most of them just do it

You know NBC just offloaded all their Premier League coverage onto an app that costs 50 dollars right? Maybe don't let NBC run streaming.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Peanut President posted:

You know NBC just offloaded all their Premier League coverage onto an app that costs 50 dollars right? Maybe don't let NBC run streaming.

i did not

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Good burnout. JGR win :(

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

lol at that article acting like he might not make the playoffs

lol

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

*nervous collar tug*

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

kidcoelacanth posted:

*nervous collar tug*

Plus NASCAR taking their broken truck arm from the garage today to see what they are up to. That could slow them down a bit if they are up to some nonsense with the rear suspension. Still a few races left between now and Sept though. I'd be surprised if he didn't get another win between now and then.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Legit think we're getting more than 16 winners this year

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Peanut President posted:

Wait, what?

Edit: You mean except for all the matches i can still watch on cable?

mischief fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 17, 2017

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

mischief posted:

Wait, what?

Edit: You mean except for all the matches i can still watch on cable?

For now, yeah. Instead of being able to watch it on the nominally free app you have to buy a cable subscription to watch the Match of the Day and also the pass if you want to see something other than Man City and Arsenal. It's only a matter of time before they put all of it on an app just like CBS is doing with the new Star Trek (in the us)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
To be fair being able to watch all PL matches for basically zero dollars was probably not going to last.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Peanut President posted:

...just like CBS is doing with the new Star Trek (in the us)

There's a new Star Trek?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah what the gently caress? Why isn't my wife forcing me to watch it with her?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Norns posted:

Norns it doesn't start for over 2 months

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Norns posted:

Because it's being distributed via the stupid app that Peanut mentioned. No one's going to pay for another Netflix thing that's limited to just CBS properties. Also, it looks like garbage.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, was not pleased with a JGR win (though it wasn't Kyle so ok, fine), but that burnout was probably the best one of the year.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

Also, was not pleased with a JGR win (though it wasn't Kyle so ok, fine), but that burnout was probably the best one of the year.

Yep

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Norns posted:

cause she's watching it with me :wiggle:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Norns posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rj4inzcAKk

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh because it's a genric scfi show with the Star Trek logo on it. Got it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh gently caress yeah. Eldora this week!

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Norns posted:

Yeehaw!

*rubs entire body with vegetables

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/886966728424652800

I can't wait to hear what post-retirement Jr thinks about the state of the sport.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Norns posted:

Get the gently caress in. :getin:

(e- Rico Abreu is running a 5th Thorsport truck (#89) at Eldora, Kenny Schrader is in the 66, and Bobby Pierce is back in the 63 and I hope to gently caress he wins.)

Also, restrictor plates at Indy in NXS. Just leaving that here.

SwampYankee posted:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/886966728424652800

I can't wait to hear what post-retirement Jr thinks about the state of the sport.

He's going to go Scorched Earth and nothing NASCAR will do in response will sway the fans away from his opinion because it'll come down to his word versus Brian France's and :lol: if anyone likes Brian France at this point or will listen to him over Dang Ol' Junebug.

NASCAR will, of course, deny that anything is wrong.

...right? Please?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 18, 2017

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CBJSprague24 posted:

Get the gently caress in. :getin:

(e- Rico Abreu is running a 5th Thorsport truck (#89) at Eldora, Kenny Schrader is in the 66, and Bobby Pierce is back in the 63 and I hope to gently caress he wins.)

Also, restrictor plates at Indy in NXS. Just leaving that here.

He's going to go Scorched Earth and nothing NASCAR will do in response will sway the fans away from his opinion because it'll come down to his word versus Brian France's and :lol: if anyone likes Brian France at this point or will listen to him over Dang Ol' Junebug.

NASCAR will, of course, deny that anything is wrong.

...right? Please?

Will he go nuclear you think? Do you think he's just being vocal now because he is in it full time and feels the effects of everything NASCAR is doing and he also knows it's his last full time season so why give a gently caress? When he's out of the grind do you think he'll keep at it, or just fade away to his racecar ghost town and buy Redskins season tickets and just kind of get away from it all?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Dale Jr. will still own a team so sorry guys he's not gonna Smokey Yunick NASCAR for y'all

also Stewart Friesen gon win dis

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

Dale Jr. will still own a team so sorry guys he's not gonna Smokey Yunick NASCAR for y'all

Tony Stewart might be...

I think it's about the money though. I imagine he uses the Stewart-Haas operation to fund his short track op.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Jr also isn't done after this season. Plans on xfinity and poo poo still according to his podcast.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's amazing how much of a standard he had to live up to with his dad though, but the fact is that he's been popular enough that no one gives a poo poo he hasn't even come close to that. That to me is probably his biggest accomplishment, no doubt.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

iospace posted:

It's amazing how much of a standard he had to live up to with his dad though, but the fact is that he's been popular enough that no one gives a poo poo he hasn't even come close to that. That to me is probably his biggest accomplishment, no doubt.

He was my favorite driver post-2000 or so.

I know that's cliched as hell, but I liked his dad, liked his car (The Budweiser 8) and he always raced well at tracks I enjoyed watching on tv. I mark his 2004 Daytona 500 win as the last moment I was truly in love with NASCAR. My last truly great memory watching it.

I'm glad I have Bubba and Suarez to cheer on, but man...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

bigbillystyle posted:

Will he go nuclear you think? Do you think he's just being vocal now because he is in it full time and feels the effects of everything NASCAR is doing and he also knows it's his last full time season so why give a gently caress? When he's out of the grind do you think he'll keep at it, or just fade away to his racecar ghost town and buy Redskins season tickets and just kind of get away from it all?

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/886953181934231553

:thurman:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Part of me legit thinks they're doing it to stick it to Indy with screwing with times. Force Indy to CNBC, hope to kill its ratings.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

iospace posted:

Part of me legit thinks they're doing it to stick it to Indy with screwing with times. Force Indy to CNBC, hope to kill its ratings.

naw cuz indy was doing the same poo poo earlier in the season.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I'm eagerly awaiting the OG Big One which will remove west coast considerations entirely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm curious as to the distribution of FS2 versus FOX Business and if the latter is received in more homes, because FS2 is showing bull riding at the time of the feature tomorrow night.

• Locked thread