Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

pmchem posted:

Is it lazier AND faster killing than a pet doctor? I like builds that can clear T13 without clicking buttons.

Its definitely lazier and arguably faster, since sometimes pet doctor pets go full retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Guilty posted:

Its definitely lazier and arguably faster, since sometimes pet doctor pets go full retard

I am suddenly interested in necro if it has a very effective lazy build. Link to current version of it? Thanks!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

hmm, I'm reading that mirinae was nerfed with inarius and that was key to the best lazy (i.e., few mouse clicks) build?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It was nerfed down to only being able to faceroll TXIII, instead of GR95s or whatever.

So Bluddshed says that you can gamble the Corpse Explosion Gloves and the Skeleton
Mage ring at lvl 1. My gaming internet is down until the season hits, can anyone confirm? The gloves I watched him do on stream but I haven't seen anyone get the ring yet.

Might make farming for it way easier, is my hope.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

pmchem posted:

hmm, I'm reading that mirinae was nerfed with inarius and that was key to the best lazy (i.e., few mouse clicks) build?

Mirinae mega-proccing was the key to high GR pushing, but you don't need it for T13. Pain Enchancer and Trapped/Wreath/Tox all work fine, and so does Mirinae, it just won't clear the screen like it used to. The 3rd gem I use is boon with Avarice/Goldwrap for immortality and to increase the aura range of Frailty Aura. You can use some pets to make it just as lazy, at the cost of some toughness, but with goldwrap, you don't need more for T13. The downside is that if they're off attacking stuff on their own, you need to command them and that's more button pressing. You also lose out on The utility of Blood Rush or Land of the Dead. I only pop LoTD if I come across a gob pack or blue gob just to be sure I get them all. Otherwise, you can go without teleport (lazier, but slower), just Bone Armor on right click, and literally move through the right hitting the right click once a minute or more often if you want to stun/damage mobs. With Frailty Aura and Briggs Wrath, the mobs literally come to you to be killed and looted, so you don't even have to move much or chase elites (except Juggernauts, they laugh at your CC).

Bust Rodd posted:

So Bluddshed says that you can gamble the Corpse Explosion Gloves and the Skeleton
Mage ring at lvl 1. My gaming internet is down until the season hits, can anyone confirm? The gloves I watched him do on stream but I haven't seen anyone get the ring yet.

Might make farming for it way easier, is my hope.

The ring is pretty rare, but it's also the first legendary ring available to necro, so I have seen it being gambled at level 11 on stream, but it will probably work at level 1. You may have to farm 10k+ shards to get it though, depending on how much RNGesus loves you that day.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

thanks for the replies! Serrod can you link your lazy avarice/goldwrap build? I am totally not up to date on necro builds.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

pmchem posted:

thanks for the replies! Serrod can you link your lazy avarice/goldwrap build? I am totally not up to date on necro builds.

Pretty much any class can take advantage of an Avarice Ring socketed with a boon of the hoarder and the gold wrap belt to make speed farming TXIII runs a breeze. You're basically armored to the teeth and on crack.

Cube an In-Geom as well.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I have like 3 versions of lazymode T13, but I don't have any links or builds on like d3planner. If you checkout Spacebar necromancer on diablofans, it's a close variant of the pet version. I also never use InGeom with necro because they put so much of the power into the weapons instead of passives that losing that 200% damage boost feels too rough, at least to me. The speed boots after blood rush seem like a decent compromise, especially if they buff them like Bludd and Travis Day were chatting about a couple weeks ago.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

DrSeRRoD posted:

That's pretty much what Inarius is in T13. It may not be as fast as hitting buttons to make things explode, but you can literally just stand there and things will die to your storm + gems.
Of course, but heaping even more damage on top of it that doesn't require you to do anything either feels extra good. :shobon:

Dress-ups!

Generalist necro (Inarius).

Pet necro (Rathma).

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
If anyone gets bored, check out this thread and see if you can figure out who used the exploit or not :)
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20757496472?page=14

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

That thread is longer than the suspension they received.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

veedubfreak posted:

If anyone gets bored, check out this thread and see if you can figure out who used the exploit or not :)

"My son just bought the game and now you punish him by banning his account for four days???"

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Did they start playing Blizzard games yesterday? Blizzard always suspends/bans/rolls back for everything they call an exploit. Were these morons expecting to be able to word lawyer their way out of a punishment?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rhhyker makes a pretty good point about the limpwristed probations Blizz handed out, since the impact of it will be felt by a relatively small number of people and doesn't incentivize not using exploits in the future in any way, and honestly pushes people who want to play fair out into the cold.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Suspicious posted:

Did they start playing Blizzard games yesterday? Blizzard always suspends/bans/rolls back for everything they call an exploit. Were these morons expecting to be able to word lawyer their way out of a punishment?

Oh contrare, blizzard almost never removes the spoils of cheating.

A 4 day ban for abusing what was clearly an unintended combination of skills is not what I would call a proper punishment.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
They permabanned for the blood thief / GR glitch and suspended and deleted from the leaderboards for the broken hellfire amulets glitch and neither had long term spoils to reap. Why would they wuss out on this one?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I may be mistaken, but to my knowledge they also ignore botting for months at a time. Many (most?) seasons see zero bot bans for their duration

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
They wait to make it much harder to figure out what they can and can't detect. VAC does the same.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Suspicious posted:

They permabanned for the blood thief / GR glitch and suspended and deleted from the leaderboards for the broken hellfire amulets glitch and neither had long term spoils to reap. Why would they wuss out on this one?

Never heard about those glitches. I think those happened during the couple seasons I missed.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

With the season start just a few days away, just a reminder that this tool exists:

http://d3resource.com/journey/

I'd toss it into the OP also since the creator updates it for each season and the link never changes.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

DrSeRRoD posted:

With the season start just a few days away, just a reminder that this tool exists:

http://d3resource.com/journey/

I'd toss it into the OP also since the creator updates it for each season and the link never changes.

A neat tool and all, but isn't all that tracked in-game?

mewse
May 2, 2006

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

A neat tool and all, but isn't all that tracked in-game?

Sometimes you want to look up what you have left on the journey and you are not currently playing the game

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

mewse posted:

Sometimes you want to look up what you have left on the journey and you are not currently playing the game

Fair enough. Just wondered if there was functionality I wasn't seeing/appreciating.

veedubfreak posted:

As someone who only plays very casually and doesn't really read the forums, what was the glitch/exploit they were using?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

As someone who only plays very casually and doesn't really read the forums, what was the glitch/exploit they were using?
Curse of Frailty was spreading its hilarious overkill damage via the DH Marked for Death rune that causes it to reflect damage in an AoE.

Honestly, the most ridiculous thing about this bug was that literally the same thing happened with Sever early on. How'd that even make it through QA!?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

bio347 posted:

Curse of Frailty was spreading its hilarious overkill damage via the DH Marked for Death rune that causes it to reflect damage in an AoE.

Honestly, the most ridiculous thing about this bug was that literally the same thing happened with Sever early on. How'd that even make it through QA!?
The phrase "early on" means that there's a good chance that turnover means that nobody remembers it happening with Sever. I've never worked in QA specifically, but working in tech, a massive, problematic amount of information is just tribal knowledge that nobody ever wrote down, and two years later it turns out that nobody knows how X works, what factored into the decision to do Y, or why Z can't be turned off.

e: Also, I meant to post this yesterday:

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 17, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fair enough. Just wondered if there was functionality I wasn't seeing/appreciating.

The in-game interface also only shows you up to the highest page you haven't completed, so you can't look ahead to see what will be coming up on the next page.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Double XP expiring soon! Be sure to level those non-season characters!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

veedubfreak posted:

poo poo, I kinda wish I knew about this exploit in time to take advantage of it.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

The in-game interface also only shows you up to the highest page you haven't completed, so you can't look ahead to see what will be coming up on the next page.

Yea, this is the main thing I use it for. If you get stuck on one objective, you can look ahead and work on those, or plan all T13 boss kills in a group in the same game.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Ok, where do I get Bob? Is he necro specific or a vanity pet?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not specific, I got mine from a Menagerist Goblin IIRC. Goes great with the Shadow DH set.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I just got one to drop off of a menagerist yesterday. Good looking pet.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol I don't care about optimizing yet since I'm like level 45 but spamming corpse explosion is like calling in a warthog strafing run.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Picked up the expansion to give Necromancers a try. Just hit 70 and got a few different set items but nothing mor than the 2 piece bonusses.

What's a good starter build?

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

LochNessMonster posted:

Picked up the expansion to give Necromancers a try. Just hit 70 and got a few different set items but nothing mor than the 2 piece bonusses.

What's a good starter build?

The Icy Veins starter build has been working pretty well for me.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-leveling-and-fresh-70-guide-patch-2-6-season-11#sec-3

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The rebirth option solves a lot of minor OCD issues I have

Very cool addition .

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

New Challenge Rift is up. It's a MH wizard. It has no archon or teleport or dps gems aside from simplicity's strength, but spamming just electrocute will probably be enough to easily destroy everything in sight. Should be a simple one-shot, unlike the silly barb one from last week, but it does have boon and goldwrap to give you a good laugh.

:siren:Reminder that if you want to claim the rewards on your seasonal character, you can't do the challenge rift until after the season begins.:siren:

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
what do you all recommend for a chill class that can do rifts easily while watching TV? thinking barb or dh.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
There are builds that are 1 button or even 0 if you use the numlock trick, like WW barb and EB wiz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

succ posted:

what do you all recommend for a chill class that can do rifts easily while watching TV? thinking barb or dh.

DH requires 3 mouse buttons and the numlock trick.