Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
getting a lot out of the albert and log lady footage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

guessing the circle is almost complete means coop is back soon

Grocer Goodwill
Jul 17, 2003

Not just one kind of bread, but a whole variety.
This was the right episode to pick to go up against Game of Thrones.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Mad Wack posted:

getting a lot out of the albert and log lady footage

I assume Albert was able to do a full shooting schedule. He's in a ton of scenes and locations (and he's great).

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i am not enjoying the egregious autotune going on here

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Grocer Goodwill posted:

This was the right episode to pick to go up against Game of Thrones.

true fans are liveposting right now

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i am not enjoying the egregious autotune going on here

maybe her chords aged bad since mulholland drive

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

WFT

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

lol it didnt even run the full hour

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

i mean like, give me a second song or something

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Easily my least favorite episode of the season so far. Let's hope it's not the start of a trend.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

keep watching past the credits for the justice league tie in

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

i liked a lot of the intensity in this ep

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

but ya otherwise i want my barfing frogroachez

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Jesus David, at least give us a full hour.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
this was a throwaway episode but hey it's the first one in 10 episodes, right?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Richard shouldn't have busted a hole in the trailer if he wants to do the cool gas explosion scene

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would very much like for Richard Horne to die

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also I guess Richards grangie knew not to have windows in the door but was too dumb to like, close and lock the door

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Yeah this is the first ep that actually felt kinda like filler and even a little cheesy with the Laura Palmer footage being superimposed on the screen.

What the hell was Cole drawing? It resembled a Moth-Frog in some ways and a long arm/hand?

Even with this feeling like a bit of a throwaway ep, quite a bit did happen.

I actually sort of like the whole thing, including the long noodling Rebekha Del Rio song. It felt like the show slowing down, taking some time to saunter around a bit and chew the scenery.

This episode is also gonna make me go and re-watch all the Diane scenes. In retrospect, she's really put on a hell of a show for Cole/Albert/Tammy. In a way it's fitting; she's staying loyal to Cooper.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I'd still rather watch that ep than half the ones from the flannel cooper era though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I'd still rather watch that ep than half the ones from the flannel cooper era though.

New thread title.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I enjoyed this episode but I feel like Lynch finally tipped over the edge regarding the "very long shots with not a lot happening in them in the name of being atmospheric" thing. I liked the reveal that, yes, Chad is in fact just as much of a fucker as he appeared to be. He has absolutely no depth to him whatsoever and in that way he is relatively unique for a Twin Peaks character.

oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

I thought this episode was fantastic. Laura is the one gave me serious goosebumps. I knew it was coming; it had to be from Margaret. But that doesn't lessen its power. The show is about her - it always has been. Can't wait to see where we're going next.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ever since some of the early credits 'spoilers' like Richard Horne, I've tried to pay better attention -- this week I noticed the closing song had primary writing credit to David Lynch

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I'm not sure that it was mentioned in the series before, but this seems to confirm that Ben and Sylvia got divorced after Season 2. I was happy to see Albert having what appeared to be a good date with Candice. Shelly's daughter is going down the exact same road as her mother. This did seem like a weak episode in that it didn't really seem to advance a lot of plot, nor bring up any new possibilities.
(Edit: Also the singer's dress in the ending song.)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I did not live post during this episode because I wanted to pay more attention than I did last week but just know that I if I did make a post during the show it would have been the following:

quote:

Naomi give two rides :mrgw:

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Insurance Man's monologue was the best performance that episode.

Looks like they are really gonna put their chips on Jesus-Laura. That was the last thing I wanted with this show. Also, lol at this padding out the time.

I'm actually warming up to this Dougie-noir now and seeing how he gets out of this pickle. It's a funny spoof of such a genre. The man loves coffee, case files and his woman.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

CJacobs posted:

Naomi Dougie give two rides :mrgw:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

it was a good ep

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

TheMaestroso posted:

I'm gonna take this moment to say how loving proud I am of Ben actually having learned his lesson and rejected Beverly's advances. It's nice to see him grow up a little.

Not so fast with this ep, bucko!

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Tallgeese posted:

Well, at least this time he apparently won't be cheating on his (ex)wife.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Section 9 posted:

Well, at least this time he apparently won't be cheating on his (ex)wife.
He's wearing a ring. Probably got remarried.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also saw someone mention elsewhere that Gordon's hesitation to return Diane's hug from the episode where they visited Booper is now properly explained thanks to this one, so that's cool.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

why the weird laura door ghost

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Zmej posted:

He's wearing a ring. Probably got remarried.

Never thought to check that. Huh. So divorced and remarried (and to who?) or still with Sylvia but maybe seperated?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Honestly, I was incredibly uncomfortable with the Dougie sex scene.

By all rights, that was straight-up rape.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Turdfuzz posted:

There's something really frickin' meta about Lynch using Lynch editing to confuse a character played by Lynch

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Tallgeese posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Turdfuzz posted:

tbh, I'm confused why Laura would appear to Cole at this point when I, if I remember correctly, Cooper is the only one who's talked to her post-death. Also, why reuse old Laura footage when we got old Laura earlier? It looked ok until they did that awful reverse shot. It was kinda spooky (until the last shot) for some weird poo poo since very little happened this episode.

The choices and use of CGI/effects in the show is so weird. Anyone else notice that really obvious and distracting CGI reflection of Richard Horne during the trailer scene?

Zmej fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 17, 2017