Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
It was an alright episode. I liked the Hound and Northern parts. Bored by some of the rest like Sam and Cersei. Pacing doesn't seem a 7 episode season though.

Hmm.. we actually got a non-spoiler thread. Isn't that a bit silly? Couldn't we just have had one thread and agree to be nice and talk about leaks in spoilers? Like the way every film and video game thread is? Too late now I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lezard_valeth posted:

Nah, the show doesn't have the balls. Everything "ballsy" the show did was because it happened in the books, but whenever they could get away with removing ballsy moments that might have harmed the popularity of a fan favorite character they did so.

Like fan favorite Margery and her whole family minus grandmother getting blown up? I can't recall that from the books either.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Barreft posted:

Found it:

Game Of Thrones season 7: Euron Greyjoy actor says he’ll make Ramsay Bolton ‘look like a little kid’
http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/19/game-of-thrones-season-7-euron-greyjoy-actor-says-hell-make-ramsay-bolton-look-like-a-little-kid-6719273/

Ramsay was a crass animal that abused helpless idiots, Euron should be a reaver that everyone fears, not just the weird kid that hurts his pets.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lezard_valeth posted:

Since when was Sansa a fan favorite character?

Everything twisted or morally ambiguous Tyrion, Jon or Daenerys did in the books was completely scraped in the case of the former 2, or played with fanfare BGM to lead the viewer into believing it was ok in the case of the latter.

Those 3 characters are untouchable in the show, at least till the very last 2 episodes of the final season.

Blame Ser Fatass Who Doesn't Write for that, not the showrunners.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

some guy on the bus posted:

Couldn't we just have had one thread and agree to be nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS9D6w1GzGY

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
the montage in this ep was great, glad Sam's actor won't have to stuff a pillow down his shirt any more

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So psycho Arya really did murder some poor White Harbor girl last season.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Did Arya recognize any of those soldier boys? She seemed to be looking at the blackberry wine one a lot.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

Rodyle posted:

oh right there were leaks THAT'S why there's a spoiler thread after the books have been made obsolete

A lot of people in the other thread are big blubbery babies if you mention this show is based on some books, so this thread is for book readers to discuss the show without giving anyone a conniption over there. Some people itt avoid the show spoilers still

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Supreme Allah posted:

Ramsay was a crass animal that abused helpless idiots, Euron should be a reaver that everyone fears, not just the weird kid that hurts his pets.

Oh I agree, it's just with only 12 episodes left I feel they'll have to do something big and dumb to get us to really hate Euron.

e: Joffrey went 42 episodes, Ramsay seemed to never end, and I'm assuming the last 6 episodes will be about the White Walkers. So that leaves us with 6 episodes to have Euron make Ramsay look like a child.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 17, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dany still sucks.

Arya owns. Hound owns.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Did Arya recognize any of those soldier boys? She seemed to be looking at the blackberry wine one a lot.

I figured that was because of The Implication they were throwing around.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

So he's not pot pie or anything? Pork pie? Wait poo poo what was his name

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

lezard_valeth posted:

Everything twisted or morally ambiguous Tyrion, Jon or Daenerys did in the books was completely scraped in the case of the former 2, or played with fanfare BGM to lead the viewer into believing it was ok in the case of the latter.

Not having Peter Dinklage rape a slave girl is likely for the best.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barreft posted:

Found it:

Game Of Thrones season 7: Euron Greyjoy actor says he’ll make Ramsay Bolton ‘look like a little kid’
http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/19/game-of-thrones-season-7-euron-greyjoy-actor-says-hell-make-ramsay-bolton-look-like-a-little-kid-6719273/

He's greatly overestimating how much the audience cares about Yara.

drunken officeparty posted:

Sansa is going to kill John and be The Best Queen Ever™ because the show has been all about pandering to girl power viewers for 5 seasons.

They're trying to feint toward Littlefinger talking her into going against Jon's orders once Jon leaves for the North and she's in charge. But instead, she's going to have Littlefinger killed.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

She was into him. She's getting a glimpse into a bit of the normality that she could have had if circumstances hadn't gone against her and also if she wasn't a revenge monster.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

A lot of people in the other thread are big blubbery babies if you mention this show is based on some books, so this thread is for book readers to discuss the show without giving anyone a conniption over there. Some people itt avoid the show spoilers still

That's the way it used to be. I don't think that's been the case for a long time. Ever since Season 5 sucked, people were freely talking about the books in that thread and no one ever complained. People everywhere care a lot less than they used to. They almost didn't even make a thread this time. :effort:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Lycus posted:

Not having Peter Dinklage rape a slave girl is likely for the best.

I was talking more about having Shae reach out for the knife first making Tyrion killing her an act of self defense

Specially since the show till that point had been building Shae as truly being in love with him unlike her book counterpart

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
The next episodes preview already showed Littlefinger getting merked

that bitch ain't fighting off an actual physical attack

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

VaultAggie posted:

Book Cersei giving a random dude the royal fleet because he kinda reminded her of rhaegar, and then him turning pirate with these giant fuckoff ships was fantastic.

Then the self-proclaimed Pirate King is most likely the cause of the depletion of Victarion's fleet.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

I was talking more about having Shae reach out for the knife first making Tyrion killing her an act of self defense
It wasn't really, though. Grabbing a weapon is natural when someone sneaks into the room in the dead of night. And he still ran and jumped in the bed to kill her. People didn't root for Tyrion because it was "self defense", they rooted for Tyrion "because she was a bitch".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
FWIW I thought Tyrion killing Tywin was handled better in the show. Tyrion making jokes while murdering his father didn't really seem true.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Lycus posted:

It wasn't really, though. Grabbing a weapon is natural when someone sneaks into the room in the dead of night. And he still ran and jumped in the bed to kill her. People didn't root for Tyrion because it was "self defense", they rooted for Tyrion "because she was a bitch".

She lied to help get him executed. If that falls within general 'bitch' radius then, bitch is a pretty broad term. Conspire to murder someone that trusted you, meh you bitch.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Lycus posted:

Then how about cooking a bard into soup because he was gonna tattletale

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I got the rapey vibe too, and actually thought it was really cool (if that was what they intended) to show how most of the normal soldier guys are just nice regular dudes who will share some food and who want to go home and don't want to rape and kill anything with a vagina.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Barreft posted:

Oh I agree, it's just with only 12 episodes left I feel they'll have to do something big and dumb to get us to really hate Euron.

e: Joffrey went 42 episodes, Ramsay seemed to never end, and I'm assuming the last 6 episodes will be about the White Walkers. So that leaves us with 6 episodes to have Euron make Ramsay look like a child.

yeah, it can't happen. Ramsay had 4 full seasons of twisted poo poo to make people slowly hate him. Euron has as you said maybe like 8 total episodes to make people give a poo poo about him. There's also the problem how every character has already been tortured or raped or tortured and raped by this point in the story.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Euron is really going to make viewers hate him by brutally murdering fan favorites like the Sand Snakes.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Alternatively, Euron could end up being a salty loser that before being defeated blows the horn of Joramund (or w/e it's called) bringing down the wall.

Not sure that would make people hate him more than Ramsay, but maybe, just maybe the actor is over exaggerating to hype his own character.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Feels good to finally have a season without Ramsay Snow honestly. Can't believe that there were like three seasons of him just torturing people

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

3Romeo posted:

I dunno why but the Archmaester hooting about memory and history was lolly compelling
Because Jim Broadbent is both cool and good.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I have to confess, I liked that episode and I don't get why folks think the show is going downhill.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

All of the cool oldsters are dead, it's nice to have a new one. Hopefully he sticks around and becomes Grand Maester.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Euron is a cartoon to me

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ramsay had such an amazing introduction and turn (saving Theon and telling him "the north remembers" before we find out who he really is), there's no way Euron will ever get as much heat as dude.

Also, the show referenced the making GBS threads in a field from Dany's arc in Dance. :mmmhmm:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
It bums me out that Beric is a main character now only because they didn't want to bring back Catelyn for some reason.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Constant posted:

Euron is a cartoon to me

This, but in the books instead of the show.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
In the books is there enough more Arya story to show if the Faceless dudes are after her at all? Seems like she's abusing the powers they taught her and that'd lead to some sorta retribution.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I miss Victarion and how he was sad about brutally beating his wife to death.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Abner Assington posted:

Because Jim Broadbent is both cool and good.

Hot fuzz, that's what I know him from, god it was bothering me the whole time.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Le Saboteur posted:

It bums me out that Beric is a main character now only because they didn't want to bring back Catelyn for some reason.

IMO it'd be worse to bring her back and have her character do nothing meaningful at all. Might as well just keep Beric with his flaming sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lezard_valeth posted:

Alternatively, Euron could end up being a salty loser that before being defeated blows the horn of Joramund (or w/e it's called) bringing down the wall.

Not sure that would make people hate him more than Ramsay, but maybe, just maybe the actor is over exaggerating to hype his own character.

Well yeah, that's basically what I think. Euron's actor knows he's the next "Big bad" so he hypes himself. My worry like I said is they'll do something retarded to make us hate him because there's only 12 episodes left.

• Locked thread