Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's diner food. Not cafe food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

That's diner food. Not cafe food.

I think the point that is laboriously being headed towards is that a british cafe is like an american diner..

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

:wtc:

Awesome

Car

poo poo

Dummies

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

We passed these guys cruising south on the way home and then they met up with us at the PA Welcome Center. They were up in NY for the Syracuse Nationals.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Could probably put this in the YT thread, but honestly, it's awesome (except for the terrible exhaust note).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-4j6mPkAYM

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mmmm yessssss give me more of those wasps farting inside a coffee can

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Locator posted:

Could probably put this in the YT thread, but honestly, it's awesome (except for the terrible exhaust note).

JFC where does he keep his balls when sitting?

(Legit scary poo poo esp towards the end of the run)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

What's the little electronic box in front of the shifter? I can't figure out what those numbers are doing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
e: nvm

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
First 5 minutes: What's the big deal, it's a paved woods road. Standard rally stuff.

Last 2 minutes: :catstare:

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Sagebrush posted:

What's the little electronic box in front of the shifter? I can't figure out what those numbers are doing.

I wanna say boost PSI but i think it goes a bit high for that at times.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And yet at about 5 minutes 8-10 seconds of the run, 5:23 or some of the video, he takes the time to wave to someone on the side of the road.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

It's crazy to watch that insane footage and then see the moderately happy crowd just go "yay" to a smattering of applause.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
When TP is in the zone he looks like he blew a shitload of adderall. It's great.
Good on him for moving to something that will keep him alive longer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Snowy posted:

It's crazy to watch that insane footage and then see the moderately happy crowd just go "yay" to a smattering of applause.

Well the crowd only saw the last few seconds. They probably have no idea what happened before that.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I cant work it out either. It doesnt seem to line up with anything the car is doing.

quote:

I wanna say boost PSI but i think it goes a bit high for that at times.

The car itself will run more boost than that display ever showed

Crustashio posted:

First 5 minutes: What's the big deal, it's a paved woods road. Standard rally stuff.

Last 2 minutes: :catstare:

After first watch I was tempted to post the last 2 minutes came close to Climb Dance in sheer insanity. Second watch - nooope, this beats even Climb Dance in raw Holy gently caress - actually beats even Petter Solberg in Ouninpolja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sKZVWp2l0w

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

I thought maybe some kind of brake bias or center differential controller, but that's a pure guess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pretty sure it's a CD34 co-driver display, so it could be displaying almost anything from the computer. If i had to guess, i'd think maybe fuel flow, only hopping up over 30 under braking when the antilag is going nuts.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I live (somewhat) near Mt. Washington and have been up it in a rental car...at very slow speeds. If I was a passenger on that run I probably would have poo poo a hole through my pants.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The Locator posted:

I like the exhaust note, solely because it reminds me of my old Traxxas Revo 3.3 nitro truck :v:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

:eyepop:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Snowy posted:

They need to start broadcasting POV video on the same frequencies as the guys use for racing quads, fans can spend a hundo on a basic set of goggles so they can watch the whole runs, immersive like. Then they can all promptly vomit everywhere.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Oh dear God.....

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

(apologies for the crappy in-phone edit)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
$1 million in marijuana found in brand new Ford Fusions

Word on the street is the new Ford Fusions are dope -- but not in the way you think.
Authorities are looking into how marijuana worth $1 million was hidden in the trunks of brand new, Mexican-made Ford Fusions at a dealership in Ohio, according to Silverio Balzano, agent in charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration's Youngstown office.
The cars were manufactured at the Ford plant in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico, and were shipped by rail into a CSX yard in Lordstown, Ohio, Balzano said.

Now, investigators are trying to discover where along the supply line the marijuana was packed into the cars -- and who failed to retrieve it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/us/marijuana-ford-fusion/index.html

One neat marketing trick, they don't want you to know about.

donut
Feb 4, 2001

I found a copy of the May 1999 issue of A-Cars, a Japanese magazine for fans of American cars. I'll post some more later if people are interested, but this was my favorite page, because I think this is the most stoked anyone has ever been on a 90s GM dustbuster van.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

donut posted:

I found a copy of the May 1999 issue of A-Cars, a Japanese magazine for fans of American cars. I'll post some more later if people are interested, but this was my favorite page, because I think this is the most stoked anyone has ever been on a 90s GM dustbuster van.

Speaking of 90s vans... is it wrong that I want to mod a Previa to be a sleeper?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

The Locator posted:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

iospace posted:

Speaking of 90s vans... is it wrong that I want to mod a Previa to be a sleeper?

Nope. Not quite a sleeper but y'know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksAUjfUgv78

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BlackMK4 posted:

Good on him for moving to something that will keep him alive longer.

Kinda funny considering the context of him driving up a goddamn mountain with no guard rails.

This was a good watch (same event) from jalopnik until the tragic end.

http://jalopnik.com/this-incredibly-fast-ls-swapped-datsun-240z-on-mt-wash-1796886016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyPzalFDFMk

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Here's a side by side of that 240Z run with TP's record. It's cued up so the Z has some seconds' head start. When it switches to the crowd shot at around 3:08 of the record run timing is when Travis catches up, and then immediately overtakes on that uphill ess onto dirt, leaving the Z in the dust.

http://youtubedoubler.com/lvB9

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

$1 million in marijuana found in brand new Ford Fusions

Word on the street is the new Ford Fusions are dope -- but not in the way you think.
Authorities are looking into how marijuana worth $1 million was hidden in the trunks of brand new, Mexican-made Ford Fusions at a dealership in Ohio, according to Silverio Balzano, agent in charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration's Youngstown office.
The cars were manufactured at the Ford plant in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico, and were shipped by rail into a CSX yard in Lordstown, Ohio, Balzano said.

Now, investigators are trying to discover where along the supply line the marijuana was packed into the cars -- and who failed to retrieve it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/us/marijuana-ford-fusion/index.html

One neat marketing trick, they don't want you to know about.

Dang, that's the same plant that made my ZX2. I should look around.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

(apologies for the crappy in-phone edit)

:discourse:

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Someone has been watching his Initial D.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

My wife and I have done "Minis on Top" a couple of times when we were living in NH. Driving up in a convoy of goddamn Mini Coopers is a hairy enough experience that watching the Pastrana video I had literal goosebumps and my mouth was agape. What a loving mad man! Great run!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Someone's been watching Initial D.

edit: god damnit.

iospace posted:

No. Except I want a conventional upright engine poking up through the floor, so maybe not so much "sleeper".

edit:
Yeah, sort of like that, only a bit more streetable, and mid-engine.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Saukkis posted:

Someone has been watching his Initial D.

Darchangel posted:

Someone's been watching Initial D.

Touge battles are run downhill :rolleyes:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

hackbunny posted:

Touge battles are run downhill :rolleyes:
:goonsay:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

There were uphill battles in Initial D, that was this guys deal.
:goonsay:

But lets not get on an Initial D-rail here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Did y'all miss the fellowship hiding out under the edge, or is :thejoke:?

edit: I'm an idiot