Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

"Dany shits in a field" accounts for incredible quantities of poo poo. "The more she drank, the more she shat." It's exponential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm also sad that Cersei confirmed that she and Jaime are the last Lannisters. I had very high hopes of Genna Lannister showing up.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Man how ADD are young people these days that something that gets 5 minutes of screentime bores them enough to comment on. In 50 years shows will just be montages of murder and loving to keep people's attention.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 17, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man that Ed Sheeran cameo loving sucked

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

Man how ADD are young people these days that something that gets 5 minutes of screentime bores them enough to comment on. In 50 years shows will just montages of murder and loving to keep people's attention.

Throw in some making GBS threads into that montage and you've got me sold.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TOOT BOOT posted:

In 50 years shows will just montages of murder and loving to keep people's attention.

I will pay you to produce said show now

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

lezard_valeth posted:

I will pay you to produce said show now

Didn't Starz already do that several years ago?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

His haircut broke the fourth wall.

Also the Hound's line about man buns.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

I was on team euron before tonight and this ep cemented that he's the only guy worthy of a crown now

Does Hot Topic sell crowns?

Edit: I guess this will work

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Bran crossing the wall breaking its magic or bringing it down sure was exciting

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Best part was the hound looking in the fire and that whole cottage scene. I'm gonna be disappointed if he doesn't end up getting the fire sword.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

Bran crossing the wall breaking its magic or bringing it down sure was exciting

he didnt even check his frostbite

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Escobarbarian posted:

I had never heard this name before tonight and all of the sudden a bunch of loving dorks nerds and spastics are losing their poo poo over some loving apparent singer guy.

Calm your tits because you sound like the most complete bitches of all time

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm not sure why exactly Ed at the Wall doubted that Bran was who he said he was, why would they lie about that?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

Didn't Starz already do that several years ago?

Spartacus? Yeah it ruled.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
wah wah ned Charlton did some waltz on my dragon program

what the gently caress.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Supreme Allah posted:

I had never heard this name before tonight and all of the sudden a bunch of loving dorks nerds and spastics are losing their poo poo over some loving apparent singer guy.

Calm your tits because you sound like the most complete bitches of all time

It was bad though?

Anyway thought they'd up the pacing of this season but nah typical slow af GoT premiere.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Escobarbarian posted:

It was bad though?

Anyway thought they'd up the pacing of this season but nah typical slow af GoT premiere.

I DONT KNOW OR CARE WHO THAT oval office IS AND I HOPE EVERYONE WHO DOES ACTUALLY DIES TONIGHT

There, I said it.

No takesy backsy.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

at least everyones own little plotline is converging into a unified one

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
"mommy some singer gently caress got on my dragon show!"

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

With the teleporting thing, I feel that way about real history sometimes. Like I straight up don't understand how things got done in ye olde days. Roman consuls served for one year, how they managed to make an army, march it to wherever away, fight stuff and come back all while also being able to be up to date on stuff at home is a mystery to me. It would take me longer to walk to my closest Walmart than it apparently took Julias Ceasar to get from Italy to Egypt.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

drunken officeparty posted:

With the teleporting thing, I feel that way about real history sometimes. Like I straight up don't understand how things got done in ye olde days. Roman consuls served for one year, how they managed to make an army, march it to wherever away, fight stuff and come back all while also being able to be up to date on stuff at home is a mystery to me. It would take me longer to walk to my closest Walmart than it apparently took Julias Ceasar to get from Italy to Egypt.

Probably someone did the math on the timeline.

After all, a guy on youtube worked a whole theory to explain the irregular lengths of GoT's winters involving 2-3 suns with equations and other math sorcery to back it up.

The real answer is don't be that guy. Just don't think about it and enjoy the tits and dragons and tittied dragons

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Supreme Allah posted:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Supreme Allah posted:

new thread title?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I was getting a lot of anxiety in the poop montage because like the food was the same color as the poop and they serve them in the same dishes? I was convinced someone was going to eat the poo poo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

new thread title?

"tits and dragon" show, please.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Krinkle posted:

I was getting a lot of anxiety in the poop montage because like the food was the same color as the poop and they serve them in the same dishes? I was convinced someone was going to eat the poo poo.

The bedpans have different rims.

Yea, I looked.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Good things this episode

• The Hound and the cottage
• Euron's clothes
• Tormund and his waifu
• Poop

Bad things

• Jaime and Cersei talking over the map
• Daenarys
• Littlefinger's ineffective flailing
• The fact that no one thought to look for Dragonglass at Dragonstone

This list is definitive

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

disjoe posted:

• The fact that no one thought to look for Dragonglass at Dragonstone

They knew it was there, but no one realized it was worth anything until just recently. Like, only the Night's Watch, and now everyone who was in that room with Jon, know about Dragonglass' effectiveness.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Constant posted:

at least everyones own little plotline is converging into a unified one

ya like every single character basically has to murder or ally with one another and theres no new characters left so its basically who is left standing before the final season for the super war or whatever

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

WampaLord posted:

They knew it was there, but no one realized it was worth anything until just recently. Like, only the Night's Watch, and now everyone who was in that room with Jon, know about Dragonglass' effectiveness.

Then why is Sam like WAIT A MINUTE THATS DRAGONGLASS

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

disjoe posted:

He had to find something out this episode that was not very important so that he can later get frustrated at his lack of findings and then Gilly offhandledly reads a random paragraph and Sam goes like "OMG GILLY THAT'S THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING!".

This will be in episode 7. The rest of Sam's participation in this season will consist of more poop montage.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

disjoe posted:

"They" meaning people who had lived there or otherwise known that info about the castle. Sam, who has never been to Dragonstone before, did not know before he saw the info in the book.

Stannis knew there was Dragonglass mines, he just didn't give a gently caress.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My theory is they used Ed Sheeran in that role because she'll use his face to get access somewhere to kill Jaime or Cersei. You wouldn't remember the face of a random actor in a 2 minutes scene many episodes down the line, but you will remember Ed Sheeran.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
the episode was mostly bad

this whole season is gonna be poo poo cuz d&d can't write for poo poo and can't just copy grrm's writing anymore

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Niwrad posted:

My theory is they used Ed Sheeran in that role because she'll use his face to get access somewhere to kill Jaime or Cersei. You wouldn't remember the face of a random actor in a 2 minutes scene many episodes down the line, but you will remember Ed Sheeran.

If I'm not misremembering I read there will be a lot of other "celebrities" cameos this season, so I wouldn't make that big of a deal out of it. Just HBO's way of saying "hahaha look at all the money we made out of this show"

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

lezard_valeth posted:

If I'm not misremembering I read there will be a lot of other "celebrities" cameos this season, so I wouldn't make that big of a deal out of it. Just HBO's way of saying "hahaha look at all the money we made out of this show"

I saw a favorite guy, Jim Broadbent, who was W. S. Gilbert from the Topsy Turvy movie, as ol' Maester Marwyn but I guess he's not going to light up any glass candles or do anything but be a name and tell sam to stay outta the forbidden library.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
So, uh, that was an episode alright.

For the people that didn't notice it, Arya is now going North because the friendly Lannister boygroup talked a lot about family, which made her reevaluate her goals in life. This might get presented as a shocking twist when she shows up in the North, but it really shouldn't.

What made me wonder is why Cersei did not tell Euron "well you see, there is this Dragon Queen on her way, maybe destroy her armada on the sea if you are the greatest captain ever". Nope - he is going to catch himself some sand snakes, giving us a really satisfying conclusion to that story.

Oh and while Jaime for some reason is concerned with feeding their army while in King's Landing, Dany can just land on a bleak island worth nothing and her presumably starving army is fine with that.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Krinkle posted:

not sure I would want the bedpan guy to also be the caterer. Seems like a bad match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

WampaLord posted:

"They" meaning people who had lived there or otherwise known that info about the castle. Sam, who has never been to Dragonstone before, did not know before he saw the info in the book.

Stannis knew there was Dragonglass mines, he just didn't give a gently caress.

Didn't Stannis literally tell Sam directly there was dragonglass at Dragonstone?

• Locked thread