Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

johnsonrod posted:

Before what?

The guy on second-base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Before the mod maker gets a cease and desist from Swedish arms manufacturer Borfors AB

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Its what the 2x2-barrelled turrets are called.

Bofor deez nuts

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Bofor? I barely knew 'er.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's finally another Major Update with a whole slew of optimizations;

quote:

Summary:
Hello, Engineers! We are extremely excited to announce that today we are releasing the next major update for the game which contains a huge batch of optimisations and improvements!

The biggest area of improvements is to render performance with textures and models now being loaded asynchronously. As a more specific example of an improvement area, CPU performance has been optimized to run Easy Start Earth and 16-ships flying scenario in 60fps on 3GHz Hyperthreaded Quad Core Processor. Meanwhile, GPU performance has been optimized to run the Easy Start Earth scenario at 60fps on 1080p High settings on nVidia 980 GTX. Please keep in mind that increased performance is not limited to only these scenarios but will positively impact most, if not all worlds and hardware configurations. We’ve also added new shader quality options in graphical settings which affects the quality of Atmosphere, Trees and Voxel rendering. Detection of GPU performance now occurs upon first startup of the game and shadows are now higher quality in general although tree shadows will now be disabled on low settings. Multi-threading as well as indirect lighting has been fixed on Intel GPUs and some compatibility issues with the Windows 10 creators update were resolved.

Other optimizations include loading times being massively reduced for both game worlds and the copying and pasting of grids. For those of you who are interested, this was achieved by using cached proto-buffer files.

Moving on to some smaller changes, we improved tool animations even more and increased the visibility of certain HUD elements. Additionally, there are many other general improvements in this update which should fix lots of issues that players have been experiencing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qww6RNB0aPc

The team would just like to once again remind you that as this is a major update, there has been many significant changes made to code so we will especially appreciate any bug reports sent in by the community. This will allow us to find issues quicker and get them fixed as soon as possible. It’s also worth pointing out that if necessary, you can always revert to a previous major version of the game via the betas tab in steam under game properties.

Render optimizations and fixes:

Textures and models are loaded asynchronously
CPU performance optimized to run Easy Start Earth and 16-ships flying scenario in 60fps on 3GHz 4-hyperthread CPU
Detection of GPU performance on first startup of the game
GPU performance optimized to run Easy Start Earth:
60fps on 1080p High settings on nVidia 980 GTX
60fps on 720p Medium settings on nVidia 750 GTX
30fps on 720p Low settings on Intel GPUs
New shader quality settings introduced in Options, affecting quality of atmosphere, trees and voxel rendering (voxel texture emissives are now working, but only for High shade quality)
Better quality of shadows, disabled tree shadows on Low settings
Windows 10 creators update compatibility fixed
Dark side of glass occludes flares (IsFlareOccluder tag in TransparentMaterials.sbc)
Fixed multi-threading on Intel GPUs
Fixed indirect lighting on Intel GPUs
Fixed flare attenuation

Other optimizations:

Internal game worlds will deserialize faster now (using cached proto-buffer files)
Pasting of grids (cloning, preview mode and placing the entity)

NPC behavior changes:

Wolves and Sabiroids now only attack the character. They will not attack grids. Also wolf corpses are heavier now.

Art Changes:

Improved tool animations
Improved the visibility for HUD elements
New cryo chamber interior

Fixes:

Fixed not working height offset option for wheels with suspension block
:siren:
Fixed "killer doors bug" edge case
Fixed issue with modded doors being walk through despite being closed
Fixed another block placement case
Fixed displaced selection of blocks with welder and grinder
Fixed dirty glass in cockpit and fighter cockpit block
Fixed crash when colliding into a asteroid with a grid
Fixed bullet holes not appearing on cockpit glass
Fixed case with camera clipping into character head while in 3rd person
Fixed case with camera switches from 3rd to 1st caused by spawned or dropped items
Fixed looping preview for blocks when aiming at edge of another block
Fixed assembler on realistic not producing any components
Fixed assembler draining power when not in use
Fixed timer block issue where it would not resume counting down its timer after being powered on and off
Fixed interior turrets shooting above wolves and spiders
Fixed problems with controlling ships not displaying the correct speed while in turret mode
Fixed muzzle effect while using gatling gun
Fixed emissivity issue for modules
Fixed the emissivity for mag boots when off to be completly non emissive
Fixed LCD panel shows Offline even when it is powered
Fixed issue with battery control panel and Battery block loosing emissivity after unmerging
Fixed landing gear block detaching from grids when merging
Fixed issue with lights not moving after unmerging a ship/vehicle
Fixed offset of interior lights when connecting another blueprint to a grid
Fixed space ball block constantly broadcasting despite having the option turned off
Fixed jump drive particle missing for other players in MP
Fixed issue while in remote control the distance now relates to the Remote control block and not the player
Fixed issue with sealed hangar door not having oxygen near it
Fixed issue where depressurising and pressurising the room would generate oxygen (offset should be around 0,01 percent now)
Fixed issue where while invulnerable the player would die in cockpits without oxygen
Fixed reloadable rocket launcher not reloading
Fixed odd piloting issues with cargo ships
Fixed wheel suspension 1x1 still spinning in space small grid
Fixed meteors hitting voxel asteroids on the inside causing "square craters"
Fixed issue where animation for tools would play but nothing would happen to the block
Fixed buttons keeping its label after the action is removed
Fixed server parameters not reseting to default properly
Fixed HUD displaying in the respawn screen on DS

As for me; I've been seeing things, guys. FLYING SAUCERS IN THE SKY!

With tentacles! :stonk: Tentacles that I am very happy should apparently no longer destructively klang right through the saucer body like they have once or twice already.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
I'm experiencing huge memory leak issues when connecting to our Dedicated Server. Computer locked up twice within an hour. :( Also, Connectors seem to be made of tissue paper now. :(

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

I wonder if these improvements will kill the hitching/freezing I get when traveling any meaningful distance. Either leaving the planet, or going back to it, even moving 30km between asteroids sometimes comes with these massive hitches/freezes that I just have to sit though. My computer's no slouch either, new last year with good specs all round. It's been a real buzzkill for me to finally get to space and hunt down platinum only to spend half my game time looking at a frozen screen.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

XkyRauh posted:

I'm experiencing huge memory leak issues when connecting to our Dedicated Server. Computer locked up twice within an hour. :( Also, Connectors seem to be made of tissue paper now. :(

There are some pretty ugly bugs that need squashing in the new update. My favourite one is updated blueprints not actually saving.

Leavy
Feb 15, 2003

rufus
I don't know if it's due to the latest patch or something else entirely, but my primary, hijacked base I'm using in a singleplayer game is pretty much unapproachable within 5km. As soon as I get close in either a big rear end ship or tootin around with my jetpack, the game proceeds to soft-lock for 1-3 minutes. Symptoms include: complete sim lockdown, stuttering of the ambient noises, inability to do anything via the UI including hitting escape, fully animated effects such as foliage and thrusters.

It's a huge bummer, as this is my first Big Playthrough of SE using goon-made Super Engineer Adventures. If I can't at least get enough time to grab the rarer components at the base and book it back to Baby's First Space Station I set up somewhere between Earth and Mars, i figure I'll just lose some progress and load an old game from when I was safely in space and use SEToolbox to nuke every installation planetside.

Also I'm pushing around a .6-.65 sim speed which I think is also because of that drat base.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Leavy posted:

I don't know if it's due to the latest patch or something else entirely, but my primary, hijacked base I'm using in a singleplayer game is pretty much unapproachable within 5km. As soon as I get close in either a big rear end ship or tootin around with my jetpack, the game proceeds to soft-lock for 1-3 minutes. Symptoms include: complete sim lockdown, stuttering of the ambient noises, inability to do anything via the UI including hitting escape, fully animated effects such as foliage and thrusters.

It's a huge bummer, as this is my first Big Playthrough of SE using goon-made Super Engineer Adventures. If I can't at least get enough time to grab the rarer components at the base and book it back to Baby's First Space Station I set up somewhere between Earth and Mars, i figure I'll just lose some progress and load an old game from when I was safely in space and use SEToolbox to nuke every installation planetside.

Also I'm pushing around a .6-.65 sim speed which I think is also because of that drat base.

Give it a week or so, because there's always some nasty edge-case bugs in the first week of a Major Patch when they toy with the engine code.

Pistons are still very buggy, for one thing :gibs:. (The reason there's lights in various colours on it now is because they flicker in semi-randomized patterns)

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Some times they're not even particularly edge-casey.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
I used to make all of my ships out of heavy armor, but light seems to work just fine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

I used to make all of my ships out of heavy armor, but light seems to work just fine.

Try shooting it with something with a bigger calibre than the 5.56mm rifle.

Does that look like a weather balloon to you guys?

I don't think it's a weather balloon... :ohdear:

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I hear always hear the 5 note sequence from Close Encounters of the Third Kind in my head when you post that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Luminaflare posted:

I hear always hear the 5 note sequence from Close Encounters of the Third Kind in my head when you post that.

That's pretty much where the idea for lighting it up like that came from.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's pretty much where the idea for lighting it up like that came from.

I thought that might be the case.

...does SE have programmable sound blocks?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Luminaflare posted:

I thought that might be the case.

...does SE have programmable sound blocks?

The Sound Block has some default sounds and music in it, for anything else you'll need to dig through the Workshop for modded sound packs.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
That was from large gatlings, so it ought to be .50s? It does surprisingly well, provided you do not stand in place.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Minor Bugfixes this week.

quote:

Hello, Engineers! It has been a week since our major update and we are still hard at work on the next one and fixing bugs as well.

The highlight of today's update is the advanced rotor head (small grid) and the advanced rotor part (large grid) causing clang and damaging surrounding grids.
Thank you for your reports! We are still collecting a lot of useful information from you and fixing as many issues as we can.
Enjoy this weeks video featuring our QA lead :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEwhACpKH3o

Fixes:
- fixed suicide not working with invulnerability ON
- fixed Administrator page not appearing after ban
- fixed decoy block purple texture in construction model
- fixed small adv. head causing involuntary movement for large rotors
- fixed emissives for corner LCD panels
- fixed dead astronauts collision model in Campaign

Is it just me, or does it sound suspiciously like their QA process is "let the players find the bugs, then we track and fix them?"

Also a question about wheels; Do they all generate the same amount of power, regardless of size, or does it scale? Turns out six 5x5 wheels aren't enough to get my bigass battle tank up a slope, so I'm wondering if I can get more drive power out of double the number of 3x3's.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 27, 2017

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I feel like wheels have always had a stupid amount of difficulty with terrain that isn't flat. Like, they work fine either on voxels or user-made roads, but as soon as you hit a hill, they flounder and fail.

Beyond the "zero friction wheel hovercraft" thing that was shared in the thread years ago, I can't think of any legitimate use for wheels. :\ We've been waiting on a fix for so long!

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

XkyRauh posted:

I feel like wheels have always had a stupid amount of difficulty with terrain that isn't flat. Like, they work fine either on voxels or user-made roads, but as soon as you hit a hill, they flounder and fail.

Beyond the "zero friction wheel hovercraft" thing that was shared in the thread years ago, I can't think of any legitimate use for wheels. :\ We've been waiting on a fix for so long!

I recall something about their funny interaction with neighboring blocks making them highly effective armor blocks if you use it as the secondary layer in a composite armor. :v:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Space Engineers is not a game in which wheels were ever destined to be good because it handles collisions so poorly. Small ships are made out of goddamn tissue paper when it comes to bumping into terrain. So much time wasted on construction projects that blew into pieces at the slightest nudge. Damage simply does not scale well with speed at all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
One of the things they actually showed off a while ago was improved handling with wheels, so I guess my Tank's just gotta wait :sigh:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

quote:

Hello, Engineers! This week’s update is minor release which of course means there’s a fresh batch of general improvements for you while the team works towards completing bigger objectives. As it wasn’t mentioned in the video a couple of weeks ago, it’s just worth highlighting the fact that we added a new cryopod interior in the major update which makes being inside one feel much more immersive now. The main issues fixed in today’s update include hangar doors injuring characters, trees sometimes being invisible for clients on dedicated servers and the model of interior turrets becoming twisted when welded. Additionally, disconnecting huge grids with merge blocks should no longer cause significant freezes to occur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv1SVDuxkak

It’s been great reading everyone’s feedback from the last couple of weeks and to hear that many engineers have been experiencing greater performance on their worlds and servers. We’ve still got a lot of improvements and optimisations to come as well some surprises along the way. Please consider leaving us a review on Steam as a way to share your feedback with the team and the worldwide gaming community.
Just as a reminder, we have a Discord server set-up for the discussion of anything related to Keen Software House. This is a great place for you to share creations and ideas, but also to just hang out with fellow engineers.

Fixes:

fixed issue with invisible trees on DS
fixed visual stuttering on moving ships
fixed door killing people while built inside of voxel
fixed interior turret state upon being welded
fixed freeze when unmerging large grids
fixed crash when deleting (or mining) voxel on small planet

We are also in progress of fixing memory leaks, these fixes should be part of next major update.

I've been running into a few memory leaks and they have not been pretty.

Especially as I've started making a planetary base to actually test my poo poo with instead of half-assedly just throwing something together at a random location.

So far I've claimed a valley and walled it off, as a central area for general use.

Though I've had to employ the excavation equipment on an Eagle Pod to clear away some of the overgrowth near the runway as I expanded it. Wanted to give the impression it was something that'd accommodate bigass ships.

And nearby I've made another valley with a great set of varying degrees of incline into a driving course. Out through the gate, up the hill through the rough course (the lower one) or the steady course (the smoother incline north of it in the picture), and out through the gate at the far end.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

That's looking real good, Neddy!

I've spent the last two weeks working on a Programmable Block script that lets my ships tell the main base what they're doing (battery remaining percentage, cargo contents, distance from base and so on)... it's been slow going because I am not much of a programmer. :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

XkyRauh posted:

That's looking real good, Neddy!

I've spent the last two weeks working on a Programmable Block script that lets my ships tell the main base what they're doing (battery remaining percentage, cargo contents, distance from base and so on)... it's been slow going because I am not much of a programmer. :)

The buildings and walls are out of my prefab base kit, so a lot of it is as easy as copy-pasting out of my blueprints. The only thing I've had to lay out myself is the runway area and some conveyors :v:. What I'm gonna build next is a bombardment area for all those fun things like small-block bombs.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Looking at this game again after being away for some time (last time I really played was around when Oxygen was added).

How's it looking? Running more stable? Can you actually use pistons for things without them breaking all the loving time?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JerikTelorian posted:

Looking at this game again after being away for some time (last time I really played was around when Oxygen was added).

How's it looking? Running more stable? Can you actually use pistons for things without them breaking all the loving time?

Yes, kinda, and somewhat. They're currently rebuilding the game engine with features it should've had years ago like parallel-processing, but it's got some memory leaks in the current build they're still working on fixing. Pistons work okay, just so long as you don't move your ship with them extended.

edit: Someone in the workshop this week has managed to achieve a fascinatingly clever optical-camouflage effect just by using windows over a black surface.

I've actually applied it to my UFO for a eerie cloaked ship traveling via gravity. The random blinking lights actually really good with it too.

For a better sample of the effect, can anyone see anything wrong with the Kestrel Shuttle in this picture?...

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 8, 2017

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
If this game ever gets it's poo poo sorted and has severs with decent pop, AND this stays a thing, I can see stealth ops being a really cool thing.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Anyone else find it funny that one of the major problems with early access voxel games like Space Engineers and 7 Days to Die is AI? I've not played Empyrion much but some people say it's got decent AI and even Minecraft seems a bit better with the way villagers and mobs interact, especially with mods.

Is there a game with a fully destructible world that actually has effective AI enemies and NPC's?

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Verizian posted:

Anyone else find it funny that one of the major problems with early access voxel games like Space Engineers and 7 Days to Die is AI?

I would say that 7dtd has better ai than se. There's actually some thought behind it.

The problem with SE ai (wolves and spiders) is that they're just spawned and charging the closest player right from the get go. That's terrible. No way to avoid them at all. Even worse with the spider's case since they spawn every minute right under you.

Proper ai in games is really important I think. Then there's the luddite morons who hate ai anything in games, they should be ignored I think.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I would say that 7dtd has better ai than se. There's actually some thought behind it.

The problem with SE ai (wolves and spiders) is that they're just spawned and charging the closest player right from the get go. That's terrible. No way to avoid them at all. Even worse with the spider's case since they spawn every minute right under you.

Proper ai in games is really important I think. Then there's the luddite morons who hate ai anything in games, they should be ignored I think.

Agreed, really. The lack of any actual AI in Space Engineers is what's keeping me from really enjoying it at the moment.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Yeah, Space Engineers sorely needs some enemy AI. That said, the patch notes for this week look pretty drat good in terms of general fixes.

quote:

Hello, Engineers! This week’s minor release is primarily focused on memory optimizations and fixing memory leaks although it does contain some more general improvements for the game as well. We are getting extremely close to our next major update with the team finalizing and testing the features that will be present in that release so stay tuned. Going back to today’s update, our programmers were able to track down various memory leaks, some of which we know have been very problematic for players recently but we appreciate your patience while these were being resolved. On top of this, they were also able to optimize memory usage in certain areas of the game during their search for leaks. But be sure to let us know if you experience any more memory leaks on your worlds and servers. Some of the other issues fixed include rotor displacement settings not working on static grids, air vents consuming power even when disabled and the rocket launcher block’s shoot toggle not functioning. Additionally, we resolved an explosive situation where it was possible to add a rotor head even if it’s spawn position was obstructed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzrRXG3BUKs

Please do consider leaving us a review on Steam as a way to share your feedback with the team and the worldwide gaming community.
Just as a reminder, we have a Discord server set-up for the discussion of anything related to Keen Software House. This is a great place for you to share creations and ideas, but also to just hang out with fellow engineers.

Fixes:

fixed huge texture memory leak introduced in 182 major release
reduced necessary texture memory to half by fixing long term issue
fixed long term huge grid, planet and voxel storage related leaks (multiple gigabytes per one session)
fixed lots of minor, game related memory leaks
fixed issue with certain grids exploding due to merge block
fixed emmissivity for merge block
fixed rotor issue with velocity and rotation on static grids
fixed displacement option not working on static grids for rotors
fixed small head rotor having the wrong displacement values
fixed rocket launcher option "shoot" not working properly
fixed interior turrets aiming above intended target
fixed misplacement of bullets origin when shooting and crouching
fixed meteors destroying themselves on spawn
fixed air vent draining power when turned off

I've also rebuilt my starfighter from scratch to fix some poo poo in it.

Like giving it some internal missile launchers. There's also four jump drives instead of two inside.

It's slightly larger than the old-model Hawk, but it's actually lighter and faster, and has six wing mounts.

And self-generating decoy launchers. For the curious, I did try loading warheads into it too buuuuut they did not work. Or, rather, they worked a little too immediately from smacking into the ramps :gibs:.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Anyone else's engine components slowly drift out of the engine? :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Time for another minor upd- ....Huh :stare:

quote:

Hello, Engineers! With today's major release we are bringing you some amazing additions to the game! From now on, you will be able to personalize your engineer with a broad range of new items! We are introducing 33 customizable skin sets for your engineer, your tools and your weapons. It’s time to show off! On top of that, another brand-new block makes its debut in Space Engineers: A reloadable parachute block for both small and large grid!

Read about this update in much more detail on Marek's blog: http://blog.marekrosa.org/2017/08/skins-parachutes-player-feedback.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XvDL5zrReQ

We encourage you to provide us your feedback about introduced changes. We've created a new platform for players to submit feedback to the development team. The feedback.keenswh.com page provides the possibility to let your voice be heard, or to vote for an idea that the team needs to look at and consider implementing. For more instructions, click here.

This week we've also added mod profiling, which will show a warning to players when mods are running slowly and causing the game to lag. The goal of this tool is to help players understand the problems which are causing poor performance in their game. Sometimes modders aren't aware of performance issues, sometimes they are. Either way, this tool can help you identify what's causing your game to run slow and gives you a chance to report it at appropriate places. As part of this update, we were also able to implement granular, per method, profiling for mods. This will make modders life easier when debugging reported performance problems. Unfortunately, due to performance overhead the full profiler adds, it is not possible to distribute the game with it enabled. In order to enable extensive mod profiling it is necessary to recompile the game with special flags. Our modders with access to source code can already do that today. We are currently exploring various options to get this profiler to everyone, even without access to source code or need to recompile entire game, and hope to release it soon.

To help modders make their code perform better, we've improved multithreading support and prepared a guide which explains some multithreading basics: https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/parallel-modding-guide.7396636/

[​IMG]

Features:

added 33 astronaut and tool skin sets
added persistent character appearance
added mysterious containers in Survival mode
added reloadable parachute block (Special thanks to Draygo)
added canvas component
added mod profiling

Fixes:

fixed emissivity issue with mag boots
fixed conversion rate for small grid O2 Generator
fixed GPU warning popping when FPS was above 100
fixed projectors not syncing with other players on DS
fixed issue with voxel rendering when travelling great distances
fixed issue where grids that were cut off acted as if still connected
fixed trees grinded/drilled not falling down
fixed issue with corrupted world prompt message
fixed astronauts wiggly feet
fixed crash when two large moving ships crashed into the same voxel
fixed ore detector on top of piston/rotor not working properly
fixed assembler being unable to pull ingots from connected cargo
fixed IGC leak with radio antennas
fixed script diagnostics (error reporting) for Mods and Programmable blocks to show correct line numbers

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Does the mod profiling tool say which mod is causing issues?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I was going to try out the new Parachute block, but I think the game might need a wee bit of hotfixing.

Can you tell what's missing in this picture? :v: The planet didn't load. And I know it's still technically "there', because I checked with SEToolbox.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

WTF crate drops?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jigoku San posted:

WTF crate drops?

I think it's more about the crate system at-large than the contents really, because that system is something they can expand to things like block blueprints and upgrades down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Oooohhhh, they're literally just crates that fall from the sky with parachutes. How mysterious.

Still waiting on that huge "survival update."

• Locked thread