Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I gave up when it timed out and then I couldn't use my previous email because it counted as being "already used."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Can we not dogpile someone for not liking something about Bloodborne?

If it helps, direct your ire at people disliking Bloodbourne bits at me. I've only played the first little bit (from the werewolf up to the monster after two werewolves on a bridge) and made it no further. I sort of lost interest.

EDIT:

Real hurthling! posted:

can we get the words dark souls and bloodborne filtered to Knack and Knack2 please, videogames?
Yesssssss.
Oh, if I was admin the wordfilters I would establish :getin:

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Policenaut posted:

No, I get as far as the Log-In screen and enter my credentials but then it asks me to do it again and fill in a non-existent Captcha.

If it makes you feel any better, the EU one goes through Sony EU's beta platform which..has its own issue.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Can we not dogpile someone for not liking something about Bloodborne?

If it helps, direct your ire at people disliking Bloodbourne bits at me. I've only played the first little bit (from the werewolf up to the monster after two werewolves on a bridge) and made it no further. I sort of lost interest.

There is valuable amusement to be gained from watching goobers pretend like they are some sort of persecuted minority, when in actuality they have broken brains and flaccid opinions.

I refuse to pretend you are one of them, Cool-Avatar-Man.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

There is valuable amusement to be gained from watching goobers pretend like they are some sort of persecuted minority, when in actuality they have broken brains and flaccid opinions.

Oh I definitely have a broken brain, but it has been mended! :)

I just finished Horizon Zero Dawn (which is my favourite PS4 game ever) and am making my way through my other games and will return to Bloodborne to try and complete it. I think spending 10 hours on the first section (just trying to get past the two werewolves on the bridge) was very draining. I've not really played any souls games either! I will give Bloodborne another shot at some point! :D

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Oh I definitely have a broken brain, but it has been mended! :)

I just finished Horizon Zero Dawn (which is my favourite PS4 game ever) and am making my way through my other games and will return to Bloodborne to try and complete it. I think spending 10 hours on the first section (just trying to get past the two werewolves on the bridge) was very draining. I've not really played any souls games either! I will give Bloodborne another shot at some point! :D

There's a hidden route around them near the fountain, behind the mass of crates - take it, then head through the dark house with the wheelchair guy on the ground floor. You'll open up shortcuts to the lantern and first boss.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This is weirdly defensive and needlessly disagreeable posting. Nobody was assailing the great honor of Bloodborne, but pointing out very real, well-documented technical issues with the game that among other things, should be taken into consideration if buying a PS4 Pro.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I'm just hoping that there will be a trade in deal going on when the destiny pro bundle launches.
Finally upgrading to the pro. Though Boost mode does give me an excuse to start a new file on BloodBorne and play it all the way again.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wonder if there will be a pro upgrade. The PS4 Proest. Or the PS4 Proer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Sony has said there will be No Mo' Pro, Though Who Knows.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Yo I got a text alert from the Internet Bloodborne Defense League that someone was badmouthing Bloodborne, am I too late?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Yo I got a text alert from the Internet Bloodborne Defense League that someone was badmouthing Bloodborne, am I too late?

Forget it, Yorkshire Pudding. It's Blighttown.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
Is there any sort of work-around or way to force RemotePlay to work on Windows 7?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

VideoGames posted:

The Ps4 prawn

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PS4 Pro UHD blu-raybedition

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

PS4 One X because the PSOne already exists.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Guillermus posted:

PS4 One X because the PSOne already exists.

A PonX on both your houses.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sundowner posted:

Is there any sort of work-around or way to force RemotePlay to work on Windows 7?

I have ideas but not solutions. You can install virtualbox, and windows 10 in it, or any other OS that is supported. I don't think remote play requires 3D hardware.

PS4PRO2 idea:

- SSD disc with 512 GB.
- Gold plated
- 4 USB ports (yea, thats x2 has many the original)
- 2 HDMI ports for monitor 1 and monitor 2, so instead of splitscreen, each player can see a different screen.

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jul 17, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'd be so pissed if they did that poo poo, not that they will

probably wouldn't switch or anything but still

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

VideoGames posted:

A PonX on both your houses.

That's a good one. XbonX and PonX (or PSonX).

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Still don't get why Sony always skips out on the USB ports.

Can we talk SSDs for a sec? Pro improved the connections which would improve the gain from SSD, no? Just haven't really seen much talk at all about them, or hybrid drives, like before

I'm guessing because they're still not in that affordable/practical realm yet. I'm fine with a 1TB only for storage, but expensive as an SSD

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Forget it, Yorkshire Pudding. It's Blighttown.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Can we talk SSDs for a sec? Pro improved the connections which would improve the gain from SSD, no? Just haven't really seen much talk at all about them, or hybrid drives, like before

I'm guessing because they're still not in that affordable/practical realm yet. I'm fine with a 1TB only for storage, but expensive as an SSD
Yes, the gains are pretty substantial - as far as the read/write speed being the bottleneck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f7sYPfgurQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSnbT54TN0A

http://gearnuke.com/first-ps4-pro-ssd-footage-shows-extremely-impressive-load-times-bloodborne/

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

PS4 Pro does have SATA 3 but Digital Foundry tested it, and found that SATA 3 makes only a minor difference. And hybrid drives seem useful for games that you play often.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

My two usb ports:
- Earphones plug.
- Expanded storage.

I must choose between charging a earphone or a controller, or using earphones.

I can always connect these devices to a third party usb charger, but I believe these short the battery life of the devices.

Is kind of lame that the PS4 don't have more usb ports.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought there were two on the front and two on the back, have I been wrong all this time?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought there were two on the front and two on the back, have I been wrong all this time?

I ... thing you are wrong.

Here is a image of the back of the console (ignore the machine above, is a xbox)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

One is the proprietary (?) port for the camera, I thought it was a USB port too until I got the camera and looked at the plug.

edit: I've been using a SSHD in my PS4 for a long time now and I'm pretty happy with it. I dunno how it compares to a stock hard drive on the Pro though; when I got mine I just swapped the stock drive out without trying it.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 17, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tei posted:

I ... thing you are wrong.

Here is a image of the back of the console (ignore the machine above, is a xbox)

So there's a third USB in the back. And an Optical port I was unaware of, I'll need to get a cable for that one

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Samurai Sanders posted:

One is the proprietary (?) port for the camera, I thought it was a USB port too until I got the camera and looked at the plug.

Oh :smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

:oh:

:colbert:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The ps4 pro adds a USB port to the back though which is where confusion may come from?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Godzilla07 posted:

PS4 Pro does have SATA 3 but Digital Foundry tested it, and found that SATA 3 makes only a minor difference. And hybrid drives seem useful for games that you play often.
While the SSHD is really cool, the Firecuda specs shows only 8GB of NAND, so I don't know how many maps that scales with, especially something MP-focused like Battlefront 2 and Destiny 2.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ineffiable posted:

The ps4 pro adds a USB port to the back though which is where confusion may come from?

**checks a infinite of consoles butt...asss**

Oh, seems true!, I am a happy camper now :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Do PS3 arcade sticks work with the PS4?
Additionally, does anyone have any recommendations for someone getting their first arcade stick? I have a guily gear game and street fighter v and would like to play them with a stick rather than a controller.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya sorry pro has 3 ports, two front one rear

Ok so if I have a pro do I get an SSHD or no

ufarn
May 30, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Do PS3 arcade sticks work with the PS4?
Additionally, does anyone have any recommendations for someone getting their first arcade stick? I have a guily gear game and street fighter v and would like to play them with a stick rather than a controller.
Probably something by Mad Catz, but I'd ask in the Fighting Games thread to get the best possible answer to be sure.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ufarn posted:

Probably something by Mad Catz, but I'd ask in the Fighting Games thread to get the best possible answer to be sure.

Thank you! I didn't know why I didn't think to ask in there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ufarn posted:

I'd consider something other than Mad Catz, considering they went defunct earlier this year :rip:.