Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Holy poo poo this tag team cage match loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It occurs to me they could have cut down on the number of heads- which takes forever to load- if they didn't do the "missing parts" ones. I'm not sure what that's meant to do and I prefer to have a head that'll work with whatever hair I put on it.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Maxwell Lord posted:

It occurs to me they could have cut down on the number of heads- which takes forever to load- if they didn't do the "missing parts" ones. I'm not sure what that's meant to do and I prefer to have a head that'll work with whatever hair I put on it.

It appears to be an easy way to port old FPR/Z/D heads to World without having to redo them all from scratch. I'm actually quite happy they're all in, myself.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

explosivo posted:

Man, what am I missing with corner grapples? Every time I try to move in to do one in this tutorial the other guy comes out of the corner as soon as I get in range and reverses me.

Turns out that yes, I was missing something. I was expecting the initial corner lockup to look different than the normal lockup animation. :shobon:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I am so hyped. Who is the best caw maker?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I have a dream that one day I can download an entire era’s roster, with rings/refs/ect with one click.

It will be a beautiful day.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

gypsyshred posted:

I have a dream that one day I can download an entire era’s roster, with rings/refs/ect with one click.

It will be a beautiful day.

You can make this dream a reality.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Potential bugfix: play more than one song in the menus. I know they don't have a lot, and I suppose I could always mute it but that sounds like work.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The biggest change I want is to be able to change the match speed in tournaments and leagues before the matches instead of only at the start when you set it up.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Skinty McEdger posted:

The biggest change I want is to be able to change the match speed in tournaments and leagues before the matches instead of only at the start when you set it up.
Make sure you post that or tweet it at the official accounts, that sounds like a good easy fix and they are listening

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, FPW is great. Just won a Barbed Wire Deathmatch with Bayley. I guess she is hardcore enough after all :unsmith:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I'm enjoying FPW, working through the missions and loving the things I've downloaded from the workshop. Question though, how the hell am I supposed to do the mission where I win with an inside to outside the ring move? I don't know how to reliably throw dudes out of the ring and my timing on running moves (off the whip or after whipping guys into the corner) is total poo poo.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm enjoying FPW, working through the missions and loving the things I've downloaded from the workshop. Question though, how the hell am I supposed to do the mission where I win with an inside to outside the ring move? I don't know how to reliably throw dudes out of the ring and my timing on running moves (off the whip or after whipping guys into the corner) is total poo poo.

That one took me a while too. You're supposed to grip with [Directional Grapple] (RB by default on a gamepad) and I believe then it's [Run] + RB to throw them over. The timing on the running moves is also- well ya gotta practice. Took me forever. But once you hit that move, you can then drag them back in the ring and attack and pin them normally. They're not expecting you to win on that move specifically.

Simmed my first 16-man tourney! The winner was a 170-lb. underdog named Buck Gordon who overcame the odds and beat two giants on his way to the gold. Also had a 100% match in the first round. Now I just gotta distribute the undercard titles.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

AlmightyPants posted:

Use bodyslam (up + sml) while close to the ropes to dump them out of the ring.

And I believe I backed up into the middle of the ring to make the jump instead of bouncing off the opposing ropes but I can't remember exactly.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

AlmightyPants posted:

If you're having trouble with running dives, you can also do a springboard/slingshot move by standing next to the ropes and pressing towards therm + Big. If I remember right, that guy's move is a little long (I think he transitions to the other side of the rope and then moonsaults), so you might need to throw the guy outside, then use a Big Front Grapple move so he'll stand up dazed, run back in the ring and then start it as soon as he starts to stand so you'll have enough time to get through the animation before he recovers.

For running dives and running moves to corner, the spot where the move activates varies by move, but there's an easy way to solve that: just press and hold big early on. So, like, bounce off the far side rope, and as soon as you're running in the right direction, start holding Big. Your guy will do the move as soon as they hit the spot where the move activates (which is on the late side if it's just a tope but much earlier if you're doing a Space Flying Tiger Drop).

You can throw guys outside of the ring if you're standing near the ropes and you irish whip the guy to the near ropes. You can also use 3D + Run (usually RB + Y) to toss the guy over the top rope. You can also just do a body slam or suplex or something that will cause the guy to spill out of the ring upon landing.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Somebody at FPWArena was digging around in the files and found three additional arenas. So I guess those will be released at some time in the future. If you want to see them now, he posted pictures.

http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1244&sid=bead77419c880522c22bb3d0952589c3

(and apparently match rating is tied to the arena and each arena's crowd has different parameters)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 16, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Cool, the game needs more than three (even if you don't spend much time looking at the arena.)

Would like a "seedy as gently caress bingo hall/VFW" option, though. For proper wrestling history.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

if you make a custom ring can you use it online?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Do you have to be those default wrestlers in missions? The win with your finisher is annoying :( He kept kicking out of the belly to back germans then choked me out

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Do you have to be those default wrestlers in missions? The win with your finisher is annoying :( He kept kicking out of the belly to back germans then choked me out

To go ahead and save you some frustration:

That character's finisher is Front Grapple, Small+Medium. If you looked in the move list and saw the Germans listed under "F", that's "Favorite". "Signature" is the finisher, marked with S.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

thefncrow posted:

To go ahead and save you some frustration:

That character's finisher is Front Grapple, Small+Medium. If you looked in the move list and saw the Germans listed under "F", that's "Favorite". "Signature" is the finisher, marked with S.

Haha I was wondering why he had like 4 finishers. Thanks

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Cool, the game needs more than three (even if you don't spend much time looking at the arena.)

Would like a "seedy as gently caress bingo hall/VFW" option, though. For proper wrestling history.

I know Fire Pro Returns had like a "town hall" option so that's probably in the cards somewhere down the line.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
What's the key to winning strike contests? I think it may be a rhythm thing but the manual's a little vague.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Maxwell Lord posted:

What's the key to winning strike contests? I think it may be a rhythm thing but the manual's a little vague.

Button smashing, as far as I can tell.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is 13k owners good?

It's not a flop but not a huge success either. I don't know their team size but after the expenses that's like 2-3 (Japanese) developer's annual wage so it needs to keep selling. Fortunately it's probably getting plenty of streamer coverage which tends to boost sales nicely.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Kennel posted:

It's not a flop but not a huge success either. I don't know their team size but after the expenses that's like 2-3 (Japanese) developer's annual wage so it needs to keep selling. Fortunately it's probably getting plenty of streamer coverage which tends to boost sales nicely.
According to a recent interview with the director that's worth reading, the development team is around 10 people, which is apparently par for the course for the series. Considering that, and the whole thing where their social media guy is pulling double duty doing the English translation, I suspect it's not an enormously high-budget production. I'd be very surprised if they don't make their money back at the least.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Call Me Charlie posted:

Button smashing, as far as I can tell.

I thought they were automated based on wrestler stats / current stamina/spirit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Also keep in mind that it's in early access, which is a turn-off to a lot of people and it doesn't have an actual console release yet.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Is there no way to have the computer just sim a result in a tournament? I really don't want to watch every single match I'm not a player in...

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

mary had a little clam posted:

Is there no way to have the computer just sim a result in a tournament? I really don't want to watch every single match I'm not a player in...

When setting up the tournament go in to Settings and switch "COM Skip" to on.

Unfortunately you have to do this while setting up the tournament. There's no way to do it while one is in progress.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Blast Fantasto posted:

When setting up the tournament go in to Settings and switch "COM Skip" to on.

Unfortunately you have to do this while setting up the tournament. There's no way to do it while one is in progress.

Your karmic reward for this information will be great, if not in this life then the next.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Which Stone Cold are you guys using? There's so many with full moves and logic to choose from

Also that mission where you have to win from diving from the inside to the outside of the ring.. what? How does that even work?

TwoDogs1Cup fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 17, 2017

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Which Stone Cold are you guys using? There's so many with full moves and logic to choose from

Also that mission where you have to win from diving from the inside to the outside of the ring.. what? How does that even work?

I think you are allowed to drag them back in the ring then pin after hitting the move, just don't hit anything else.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Fumaofthelake posted:

I think you are allowed to drag them back in the ring then pin after hitting the move, just don't hit anything else.

Not even that. You just have to do a dive at some point in the match, then win. It's poorly worded.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I think I'm addicted to downloading CAW's more than playing the game. I just hit 800.

Shadokin
Mar 6, 2004
Is there a way too mass move people from retired? I made the mistake of subscribing too several collections at once and the idea of moving 1k people over is daunting. Ended up unsubscribing too them and just doing one.

I also wish there was a create a story mode, even workshop stories you could download. Its more fun for mr too see them doing stuff vrs imagining it.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Skinty McEdger posted:

I think I'm addicted to downloading CAW's more than playing the game. I just hit 800.

Are you one of the 64 (?!) people that downloaded my terrible Kenny Powers CAW?

(It's hilarious how he ended up in this collection. GenericMartini is doing the lord's work http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973069306 )

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Holy poo poo, that Bear Collection and then Arn Anderson

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Has anyone made El Tortuga Rafi yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I need to get Freddy, Jason and Michael in this game. And a midget to play Chucky