Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Digimon and Tamagotchi are made by the same company Thorn! :mad:

In fact, Digimon was made specifically to be Tamagotchi for boys after Tamagotchi itself became a hit with girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

More early Sechs Territory, and I'm starting to get fed up with Porcoline.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Teeth, at least, can be excused as being like a shark in that the monsters you get them from regularly shed and regrow them; getting wool from Woolies can be similarly excused, with shearing being you taking all the wool you can rather than just what comes off naturally. In fact, I feel that out of all the monsters you can recruit, only five produce items that don't really have any excuse for them to give you every day, one of them being Fairies (for reasons I'm pretty sure I went over before).

Oh, great, the return of the avalanche rooms! Who could possibly have thought that was a good idea?! Ah, well, at least it doesn't seem necessary to go there to complete the game.

Don't worry Thorn, you know that leveling a skill is more than enough reason to cast spells in this series! (Granted, casting the cheapest spell in each element would probably be a good idea, but it's been too long since I played so I don't remember their relative costs...) That said, it may just be my reliance on overpowered pets speaking here but I've never found using magic to be particularly worthwhile aside from the obvious healing spells; however, I've only ever used level 1 versions of spells, so I don't know if they get appreciably stronger at higher levels. Also, Skippy wasn't explaining what he meant very well, but I think he was trying to say that he's glad there aren't multiple spells that behave EXACTLY the same aside from damage; to be honest, though, it's kinda hard to think of fire spells other than "throw fire at things," so the lack of variety there kinda makes sense.

Light Ore's purpose, as indicated by me looking it up: You can use a weapon while MAKING weapons to transfer the stats; for example, a top-tier glove that looks like a Leather Glove. Without using Light Ore, however, you can only do this within the same class of weapons, so if you want a Leather Glove that hits like a Claymore (for example), you'll have to include Light Ore in the recipe. Also, apparently shield compatibility is also inherited this way; thus, the example Leather Glove would also give 50% Shield stats.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of Porco myself, for pretty much the same reasons you listed. It's amusing how you're given a choice of ways to refuse his random proposal, though.

I'd have to say I agree with the decision to not make any more dialogue videos, considering just how much everyone has to say in this game. Also: I know exactly what you're planning to recruit!

What do you know, Bado managed to say pretty much exactly the right thing!

...What aren't you telling us, Lin Fa?

You'd think Volkanon would react badly to you having a high Defense skill due to the fact that you train it by taking damage...

Better get used to the idea of relationships, Forte.

Illuminata is kind of a hypocrite...

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Good job, Skippy.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
I DIDN'T MEAN IT NOOOOOOOO

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
What the gently caress game

What the gently caress

The last time I saved was the last day of autumn I can never touch my game again

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Oh what the gently caress Harvest Moon I did not come here to have these kinds of feels

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skippy Granola posted:

I DIDN'T MEAN IT NOOOOOOOO

This is what happens when you let your Rune Factory 4 hatred surge unrestrained.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Anime: not even once

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So does Porcoline hit on the female player character that hard as well?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

marshmallow creep posted:

Yes.

In fact, there are very few interactions (other than relationships with marriage candidates) that change between player genders.

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
ThornBrain, please tell me at this point you switched over from Fritz to Nadi. Surly but competent at his job is waaaay better than mansplaining con artist any day.

Also, when you accidentally threw the chocolate cookies into the river, did that knock down your friendship with everyone in town?

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Pine Bamboo Plum posted:

Also, when you accidentally threw the chocolate cookies into the river, did that knock down your friendship with everyone in town?

Not sure, but he definitely lost a few points with me.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Best's relationship with the Wizard, as well as everyone else's relationships, are picking up. It, among other things, will come to head next week when we wrap up Fall.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

marshmallow creep posted:

Come to think of it, how does the early part of the game play out? Surely the townsfolk do not mistake the female player-character for Arthur.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

KieranWalker posted:

Come to think of it, how does the early part of the game play out? Surely the townsfolk do not mistake the female player-character for Arthur.

They do; iirc they say something like "I thought it was a prince but I guess it was a princess".

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

ThornBrain posted:

Best's relationship with the Wizard, as well as everyone else's relationships, are picking up. It, among other things, will come to head next week when we wrap up Fall.
Okay, the Wizard romance is both adorkable and hilarious. SUCH A FORMAL BOY.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Had more delays, but we return with the last bit of festival and town event stupidity before Act 2 begins next week.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Do - do you think there really is a market for videos of people chopping bok choy, making salads, and then sitting on them?

Asking for a broke friend.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
The Fireflowers are, unfortunately, not the kind seen in the Mario series. Ah well, not like you have any trouble throwing fireballs around anyway.

No, RF4 is the first (and, thus far, only) Rune Factory game that allows you to tame bosses. Considering how thoroughly they tend to annihilate enemies when you do so, I don't blame them for not allowing you to do so before.

Marionetta might just be bad in that area because her attacks are probably Dark-element (which, logically, would be pretty close to useless in a haunted house). I could be mistaken, though.

It's not a real Mountain Axe unless you make it out of real mountains. :colbert:

Actually, I think people liking Cooking Bread (which, incidentally, includes all forms of recipe bread, not just Cooking) would indicate they DISLIKE learning- otherwise why would they take a shortcut?

...That event's pretty stupid. I mean, how did the rumors get so ridiculous?! You'd think at least ONE person would have the sense to realize "wait, this doesn't sound legit."

I like Ambrosia as a pet because those waves heal her while simultaneously UTTERLY DESTROYING any enemies in the vicinity. She is, obviously, a lot better if you level her up first. Also: I tend to make a point of taming one (or two, if I can manage it) extremely quickly (as in, before the end of the second week). At the very least, bringing two copies of her (appropriately leveled, of course) utterly stomps the Buddy Battle.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

SoS wraps up its first year. And I can now say the LP should be finished to my liking around part 30. Same with Animal Parade, maybe even sooner. RF4, no loving chance.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

CptWedgie posted:

The Fireflowers are, unfortunately, not the kind seen in the Mario series. Ah well, not like you have any trouble throwing fireballs around anyway.

No, RF4 is the first (and, thus far, only) Rune Factory game that allows you to tame bosses. Considering how thoroughly they tend to annihilate enemies when you do so, I don't blame them for not allowing you to do so before.

Marionetta might just be bad in that area because her attacks are probably Dark-element (which, logically, would be pretty close to useless in a haunted house). I could be mistaken, though.

It's not a real Mountain Axe unless you make it out of real mountains. :colbert:

Actually, I think people liking Cooking Bread (which, incidentally, includes all forms of recipe bread, not just Cooking) would indicate they DISLIKE learning- otherwise why would they take a shortcut?

...That event's pretty stupid. I mean, how did the rumors get so ridiculous?! You'd think at least ONE person would have the sense to realize "wait, this doesn't sound legit."

I like Ambrosia as a pet because those waves heal her while simultaneously UTTERLY DESTROYING any enemies in the vicinity. She is, obviously, a lot better if you level her up first. Also: I tend to make a point of taming one (or two, if I can manage it) extremely quickly (as in, before the end of the second week). At the very least, bringing two copies of her (appropriately leveled, of course) utterly stomps the Buddy Battle.

Marionetta is amazing if you ride it and then spam the card shotgun attack (X button?). The big problem with it is that you can't leave it to its own devices or it'll trap enemies in a box and they can't die until the animation ends.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Dirk the Average posted:

Marionetta is amazing if you ride it and then spam the card shotgun attack (X button?). The big problem with it is that you can't leave it to its own devices or it'll trap enemies in a box and they can't die until the animation ends.

I never said she couldn't be good; I just said Marionetta was probably terrible IN A HAUNTED HOUSE due to elemental properties.

That said, in hindsight it's entirely possible she just sucks because she's underleveled.

And of course, that box thing seems to imply to me that Ambrosia makes a better pet, since she doesn't have any grab-type moves (though really, I feel like Marionetta's the only monster in the game that does). Ambrosia does have a habit of juggling corpses for extended periods, though, so on second thought I guess it evens out.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Fall concludes with the happiest day of our lives, and the worst of Skippy's.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Where's the animal parade, Lebowski? Where's the loving animal parade, Lebowski? WHERE'S THE ANIMAL PARADE, SHITHEAD?!

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Bury me with my cuties.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Spicy boys don't get Animal parades :colbert:

They heard what you said about Eda and then what happened. The Monkey-Pig Mafia can put 2 and 2 together you know.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
So while the boys wallow in pain, I would like to get a headstart on recording footage for Stardew Valley. It's an LP that won't happen for quite a long time, but I'd like to get a jump on recording it while I'm still in the good mood to play the game. So, cast your votes now for who I should ultimately marry (you can date all of the choices, and I will, but this is who gets the ghost pirate necklace).
Don't worry if your choice doesn't get first. I'll be doing multiple saves. One of us has to succumb to the dark will of Joja... :cthulhu:

Similarly, feel free to leave suggestions here for a player name and appearance, animal names, and other goofy poo poo that should be included in the LP.

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 16, 2017

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

No opinions on player appearance or names, but I'd like to have a little cutie named after me :3:

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.
You did better with the Good Chestnut (4th) than you did with the Shining Eggplant (Dead last). That's ridiculous.

I also cannot assist with Stardew Valley stuff except to comment I finally got the game thanks to this thread giving me the ol' Harvest Moon itch again

GGPCin
Oct 19, 2004
College Slice
I did a mini bracket for the marriage partners, even with a bye all the way to the finals for Elliot, he lost. If you could name one animal Brutus that would be great. Keep up the good work you guys.

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
I demand one of the ducks to be named after me.
Also, I shall take the blow and say that you should marry Vincent

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Marriage voting will remain open pretty much through the LP, and it's currently a three-way tie. The Wilderness Farm has won the vote pretty handily, so I'm calling that there. Forest Farm got runner-up, but I already essentially beat the game with that farm type, so my Joja Corp shill will be in the third-place mining farm. Hey, he's Joja; he doesn't listen to what people want.
(I'll show every farm off in some capacity, though, don't worry. Same with the top marriage votes; I'll just marry different people in all my saves, since I haven't yet in any of them).

Sientara
May 27, 2012

My suggestion for appearance. Note: I am using several mods (including Get Dressed), but that should not need any of them to recreate. My suggestion for name is Drone for the Joja run.

Alternatively, just hit the dice 13 times and call it good. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Porcoline is the Chunk of the Rune Factory universe.

And are you actually going to be LPing Stardew Valley without the giant boobs mod installed? I'm shocked! I'm not. Just like you shouldn't be about how that exists.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Jade Rider posted:

No opinions on player appearance or names, but I'd like to have a little cutie named after me :3:

What, you guys were unhappy with EGGSLAVE and Fukhed?

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

YamiNoSenshi posted:

What, you guys were unhappy with EGGSLAVE and Fukhed?

At least one chicken needs to carry on the MADSTACK name.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

GirlCalledBob posted:

At least one chicken needs to carry on the MADSTACK name.

Lil' Cokebomb or gtfo

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

Miz Kriss posted:

Lil' Cokebomb or gtfo

Cokebomb will fight anyone or anything. Big guys, small guys, a teacup filled with rice pudding, ANYTHING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Act II finally begins, plus monster buddies wrecking the poo poo out of each other.

SV footage recording also underway now.

• Locked thread