Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Magus42 posted:

Why on earth would you care about time posted?

Probably to filter out all the people that are playing in the races and forgot to de-list their legacy tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Magus42 posted:

Why on earth would you care about time posted?

Because someone who listed an item 2 hours ago is actually gonna respond as opposed to the 2 week/month listing who won't

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I've never found that an issue personally. But I could see it maybe a thing with how long legacy is dragging on and all these races going on.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

If they just posted it maybe they're still at their computer ready to highball a chaos for 2c. That is trading for me lately...

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Vasudus posted:

I'm mostly amazed that I got a somewhat workable build using a Scion. Doomfletch is just that good though, I guess.

Scion is perfectly capable, her problem is that just about anything she does well, another class does way better.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I've just started in the two week race with a templar, so far only taken the life/regen nodes.

I want to go out with a last hurrah of double-dipping, something with RF. I have previously tried Guardian SR/CWC/Vortex ignite, but that ended up trying to do a little too much I think with too few points.

Any suggestions?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

RF righteous fire? If so, that's not really double dipping, and 3.0 will probably buff RF rather than nerf it. For double dipping insanity, I recommend zerker bv oblit. Super cheap, super fun, super strong even for mapping.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I've been playing this two-week league as Neversink's Tornado Shot guide and I'm not entirely sure when I become the faceless god of Death here. I'm 41 and I don't feel powerful or survivable at all.

My last, first, character was a Flameblast Totem Elementalist and she kind of nukes everything with impunity. Even without flameblast totem, leveling with flamestrike up to 50 I felt pretty powerful.

I shame the thread with my newbieness.

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 17, 2017

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

When I played that I also tried out Tornado Shot but just couldn't figure it out how to use that the right way, just switched to lightning arrow plus the projectile supports and said gently caress it, went much better

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dely Apple posted:

I've been playing this two-week league as Neversink's Tornado Shot guide and I'm not entirely sure when I become the faceless god of Death here. I'm 41 and I don't feel powerful or survivable at all.

My last, first, character was a Flameblast Totem Elementalist and she kind of nukes everything with impunity. Even without flameblast totem, leveling with flamestrike up to 50 I felt pretty powerful.

I shame the thread with my newbieness.

What's your bow. And have you capped pierce chance?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

dis astranagant posted:

What's your bow. And have you capped pierce chance?

It's a 4L Royal Bow with TS -> Faster Attacks -> Lesser M. Projectiles -> PP Attack Damage Supports. Kind of the only four link bow I've found so far. I don't think I've anything that improves pierce yet. Oh wait, I have a Pierce gem from that Library guy. What should I put in or out?

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 17, 2017

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
You don't need to find anything, there are passive nodes and a support gem :)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dely Apple posted:

It's a 4L Royal Bow with TS -> Faster Attacks -> Lesser M. Projectiles -> PP Attack Damage Supports. Kind of the only four link bow I've found so far. I don't think I've anything that improves pierce yet. Oh wait, I have a Pierce gem from that Library guy. What should I put in or out?

Drop faster attacks for pierce, get pierce nodes on the tree by acrobatics. Use greater multiple projectiles. Try to get death's harp and later death's opus.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Dely Apple posted:

It's generally a good idea to have your attack skill not in a weapon when levelling (with attack skills), since you'll need to keep your weapon up to date, and low level items with the right colour links are difficult to find and not worth spending the currency to link yourself.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

pork never goes bad posted:

RF righteous fire? If so, that's not really double dipping, and 3.0 will probably buff RF rather than nerf it. For double dipping insanity, I recommend zerker bv oblit. Super cheap, super fun, super strong even for mapping.

RF being an insane spell damage buff that Vortex double-dips with in 2.6

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Having levelled this way in beta, I'd recommend going elemental bows. It's much easier to scale, just get lots of INT, and level up your gems. So TShot-LMP-WED-Added Cold/Lightning, and running elemental damage auras, and using the fastest bow highest DPS bow you can find.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
The unique bow Storm Cloud is great for this and can carry you to maps with its attack speed. Even without upgrading it via prophecy.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

..btt posted:

It's generally a good idea to have your attack skill not in a weapon when levelling (with attack skills), since you'll need to keep your weapon up to date, and low level items with the right colour links are difficult to find and not worth spending the currency to link yourself.

you can also expand this to other slots: boots should always be max movespeed, drat the mods and links

this leaves chest, helm and gloves

chests give the biggest amount of defenses (drat the links), so if you continually upgrade weapons, boots and chests you can have either your helm or your gloves as 4Ls for levelling (untill you reach the 60+ for 5Ls)

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Buy a high res (35+) goldrim for your helm and 4L it, and use it on every char up to like 55-60 forever

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

pokchu posted:

Buy a high res (35+) goldrim for your helm and 4L it, and use it on every char up to like 55-60 forever

And then forget you have it and realize your resistances are absolute dogshit without it. Story of my life.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goldrim is such a ridiculously good item.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
On the other hand there are Unis that LOOK AMAZING but really dont do a whole lot at low levels, and just hold you back from using far better choices while leveling.

The two that come to mind immediately are Wurm's Molt and Slitherpinch. The leech looks really nice, but you do so little damage at low levels that it doesn't actually amount to much of anything.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
From what I recall, you only really start sustaining your mana leech off those uniques once you hit act 4 or so, and then can last you until maps.

Also, Tempests are great. Just stack a ton of lightning damage and lightning penetration, punch right through those defences, don't need to worry about crit. I've seen people melt 3.0 bosses, it seems quite a bit better than my funky lioneye's immolate bow.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Those two were pretty usable before the leech changes quartered(?) everything iirc.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

lurksion posted:

Those two were pretty usable before the leech changes quartered(?) everything iirc.

I think they decimated leech, if memory serves.

:ninja: Edit: Wait no, decimated is losing 10%, they reduced it to 10%

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
These days you wear a Wurm's Molt while leveling for the stats, not the leech. I think the last ranger I leveled had to wear one into the 50's because I didn't want to take +30 stat nodes (I ended up having to take them anyway).

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
these days Carnage heart is a nutso leveling item if you aren't using a biscos (you should always be biscoin')

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

pokchu posted:

these days Carnage heart is a nutso leveling item if you aren't using a biscos (you should always be biscoin')

item makes me too sad

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Thanks for the advice, I just got GMP to upgrade out of LMP and it's doing way more than the tooltip says I think.

I also found Vaal Lightning Trap and my whole screen becomes shocks. Neat!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Yeah, for TS at least it's per arrow (projectile?), so the actual dps is a lot higher than advertised.

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated
New movement skill!

Charged Dash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVBK_drUin4

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1924016

Flying Spaghetti fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 18, 2017

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
That looks like it could be a ton of fun.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It might even be wand-usable, judging by the absence of a Melee tag.

It's going to be weird to build around, especially if you want to scale both the attack and spell components. Let's see, wear Doryani's fist and a shield with a high ele damage roll, CD-CWC-Ball Lightning-Elefocus-lightning penetration-added lightning, with wrath aura?

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

It might even be wand-usable, judging by the absence of a Melee tag.

The last character in the showcase video looked like they were holding a wand.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Shame the game is so zoomed in.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Reminds me of Ciri from Witcher 3. Pick Scion for a cosplay build :v:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

This looks stupid fun, and I hope the damage is there on it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
It looks really nice as a build-around skill for sure unless the numbers blow, but on the other hand I can't see it being great as a general movement skill you can just toss into your Wander build to move fast. Which sucks.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Would Sire of Shards Static Burst be any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Insurrectionist posted:

It looks really nice as a build-around skill for sure unless the numbers blow, but on the other hand I can't see it being great as a general movement skill you can just toss into your Wander build to move fast. Which sucks.

why not stick charged dash - cwc - flame dash, or lightning warp, into it?

• Locked thread