Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Also lol, of course the only thing worse than Tayne coming back from a month off and being just as annoying as ever was Taut coming back from a Year off and being More annoying than ever

tayne is a Chosen Of Michael Douglas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tautologicus posted:

The next question is, if Russia wanted Trump to win so bad, why were Russian bigshots donating to the DNC??? Maybe none of you are being told the truth about anything. Maybe it gets real murky

beep boop why did the cyrllic massmind donate to beepry boopton if gleeble gorp they all same person bzzt i am very smart

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Also lol, of course the only thing worse than Tayne coming back from a month off and being just as annoying as ever was Taut coming back from a Year off and being More annoying than ever

You're lucky you actually get to post with me.

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
mccain in for a standard brain smoothening

getting rid of that last pesky bump in the frontal lobe

it doesnt affect his behavior, but his speech has become erratic

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Serf posted:

reminds me of the zohar from xenosaga. remember that game? that was a good game

dont mess with the zohar

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The Nastier Nate posted:

There's nothing wrong with John McCain, he's hiding out in his den watching Matlock reruns. Doctors are going to find "complications" that keep him out longer than a week.
A bunch of senators didn't want to vote on the bill so they drew straws to see who would take one of the team so turtle would have to delay the vote.

not gonna lie this sounds like a pretty sweet day. just chillin and watchin some matlock with maybe some perry mason and murder she wrote mixed in

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

#fakenews

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tautologicus posted:

So how can anyone claim that there was Russian favoritism towards Trump, if you admit that's the case. This game goes far deeper than political favoritism. They want to sow chaos and confusion.

i mean, i don't think anyone doubts this is the case tho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is the point of the province of New Brunswick really

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
have you ever thought about how you (yes you reading this right now) are actually the bad one who helped the Russians?

I didn't think so :smug:

Serf
May 5, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

dont mess with the zohar

yeah that thing made all kinds of bad stuff happen

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tautologicus posted:

No........there's nothing to the Russian story. It actually makes the Clintons and the DNC look worse than Trump does the more you dig. So they never dig too far.

who let boosted out of his cage

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Serf posted:

i mean, i don't think anyone doubts this is the case tho

That's a lie, everyones been talking about Trump this Russia that for months now, as if it means something.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/886797633666379776

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tautologicus posted:

That's a lie, everyones been talking about Trump this Russia that for months now, as if it means something.

but

her e

ma

ils....

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thank you for putting the Russia issue to bed

I guess we can move on

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

if you dig deep enough you'll realise that actually hillovich klyinton is the Russiyan and comarade trump is innocent

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tautologicus posted:

i mean it does mean something. it just won't matter is all

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ramadu posted:

not gonna lie this sounds like a pretty sweet day. just chillin and watchin some matlock with maybe some perry mason and murder she wrote mixed in

and diagnosis murder

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Quebec is entirely too big

to people even go to the north part of it ever

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So let me see if I can track the party line on this meeting.

No meeting happened.
Okay, the meeting happened, but it was just me and a couple other people and it was about adoption stuff.
Okay, there were like 8 people there, but they didn't give us anything.
Okay, the meeting happened, and they gave us proof the the Democrats are the corrupt ones!

Did I miss a version?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Serf posted:

that is still distressingly high

That's probably entirely composed of Trump supporters so RIP.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Tautologicus posted:

The next question is, if Russia wanted Trump to win so bad, why were Russian bigshots donating to the DNC??? Maybe none of you are being told the truth about anything. Maybe it gets real murky

Only registered members can see post attachments!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

thrawn527 posted:

No meeting happened.
Okay, the meeting happened, but it was just me and a couple other people and it was about adoption stuff.
Okay, the meeting happened, and they gave us proof the the Democrats are the corrupt ones!

Did I miss a version?

it's not lying or suspicious if you tell the truth eventually.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Didn't [right wing politician] learn his lesson about [stupid crusade or issue] in [anywhere] from [other conservative who hosed up royally]?

No.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tautologicus posted:

Or maybe, you know, the exact opposite thing is true. According to FEC filings, the Russians were donating to the Republican campaigns.

mdemone posted:

Leonard Blavatnik is a Ukraine-born American businessman. He made his fortune through diversified investments in myriad companies through his conglomerate company, Access Industries. In 2015, he was named Britain's richest man with an estimated net worth of 17.1 billion pounds as of April 2015. He and a friend from university, Viktor Vekselberg, joined with Mikhail Fridman's Alfa Group to form the AAR venture, which in 2011 was responsible for stopping the BP merger with Rosneft Oil, the Russian state-owned petrocorp (1). In March 2013, at Deutsche Bank in Frankfurt, there was a transfer of nearly $28 billion in U.S. currency from an account controlled by Rosneft, to one controlled by four Russian billionaires: Blavatnik, Vekselberg, Mikhail Fridman, and German Khan (2). Rosneft Chief Executive Igor Sechin, often described as Russia's second-most-powerful man, was the central figure behind the deal.

In addition to funding Trump's inauguration party, Blavatnik has long funded Mitch McConnell's super-PAC, the Senate Leadership Fund; see FEC filings showing donations of $1M in December 2015, $500k in April 2016, and $1M on October 25 2016; note that AI Altep is a shell company of Access Industries (3). Also notice that Stephen Schwarzman of Blackstone shows up for more than $2M on the October 25 filing, having also given $370k just one week prior. In October 2016, the dark-money super-PAC One Nation donates $11M to the Senate Leadership Fund, with which they share an office.

Read the rest here.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Tautologicus posted:

What's it like being an intern for Jay Sekulow?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
what's it like to be someone like ann coulter or the other b-list hard right pundits?

people recognize you everywhere and most of them hate you, you don't have the tens of millions of dollars that limbaugh and hannity, and you have to constantly stay ahead of the more traditional right with media to stay relevant.

it has to take a toll on you psyche at some point

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

punchymcpunch posted:

and diagnosis murder

my mom adored dick van dyke so every week when i was a wee lad i watched that show

it was pretty awesome honestly

columbo was the best though. man i love me some columbo. mueller should probably hire him imo

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Sir Tonk posted:

guys did you ever notice that corporations and countries donate to both parties

:smugdog:

Really atheism is just another religion and I am smarter then everyone

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

quote:

quote:
Tautologicus wrote on Jul 12, 2016 10:12 AM:
Hi, can you probate me for a year please. There's no reason I should be posting right now. For everyone else's sake not just my own, but my own too. I need to take another step back. Even from the internet. I won't ask to reverse it later or re-register, but I need to be prevented from posting. Thanks

Maybe consider this again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taut's next point, unironically: buttery males

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

don Jr., why are you posting without your lawyer again

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Sir Tonk posted:

what's it like to be someone like ann coulter or the other b-list hard right pundits?

people recognize you everywhere and most of them hate you, you don't have the tens of millions of dollars that limbaugh and hannity, and you have to constantly stay ahead of the more traditional right with media to stay relevant.

it has to take a toll on you psyche at some point

Yes but imagine being able to say the dumbest thing you can think of anytime you want and never having to apologize

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ramadu posted:

my mom adored dick van dyke so every week when i was a wee lad i watched that show

it was pretty awesome honestly

columbo was the best though. man i love me some columbo. mueller should probably hire him imo

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.
Alternatively, that's a really good Russian-to-English translator you're using, totally-not-an-FSB-guy.

Edit: Holy poo poo, right below me. You're an honest to God "but both sides"-ist.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There would have been conflict with Russia if Bernie Sanders became president. Whos in charge doesn't affect that. I believe Trump will do his best to dial things down a notch in many cases where Clinton would have done some cold shoulder+sanctions bullshit. And Russia would have run roughshod over Sanders and hosed his whole family in front of him.It's not like Russia gets off easy with a Trump administration. It's a very slow turning boat. Too many things in motion long before Trump ever got in. They can't just stop. Even if he wanted to, which I'm sure he doesn't. No republican actually thinks the Russian government is the friend of the US. Anyone with a brain knows the relationship is adversarial. Russia wants territory that the West doesn't want it to have. They need warm water ports. That's basically 75% of their goals right there. The media just likes whipping idiots up into a frenzy about Trump cozy with Russians because they know it sells, like CNN producers admitted on camera. If you accept it all you're a fool, but it's easy not to be one.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

No meeting happened.

Did I miss a version?

Proof that's currently being kept in safe storage with his canadian girlfriend.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

i'm the #resist hashtag about not getting 2 inches of legroom and going on a loving brokebrain meltdown over it

also lol ann coulter cant afford first class because she put all her money in a ponzi scheme probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

pushpins posted:

Yes but imagine being able to say the dumbest thing you can think of anytime you want and never having to apologize

also you get paid to do this

• Locked thread