Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

none of these are arguments
sir im not going to get tricked into arguing with a tweet from a nutter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Sestze posted:

sir im not going to get tricked into arguing with a tweet from a nutter

Not an argument

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

fdr cucced all the alpha men of america

Al! posted:

i like all the people saying dont sweat it you guys italians arent white anyway

every 4chan thread devolves into revoking of white status from a number of ethnicities, thats the rule of every nationalist space

fatherboxx has issued a correction as of 09:04 on Jul 17, 2017

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

complete nonsense combining MRAs and libertarianism, pure distilled alt right

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

fatherboxx posted:

fdr cucced all the alpha men of america

every 4chan thread devolves into revoking of white status from a number of ethnicities, thats the rule of every nationalist space

The days of /int/ were endless entertaining arguments over who is white, and there's memes out there about how literally every country in the world claims to be and isn't. When nationalists collide into each other poo poo gets weird fast. Even without the Balkan shitflinging.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I mean we already knew they made most of their money by appealing directly to incels

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
*whilst tipping fedora* this was their fault

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this take set my house on fire

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of this take.

I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still don't understand. Is he actually saying that women should be forced to be with a man in order to survive? What?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

oliwan posted:

I still don't understand. Is he actually saying that women should be forced to be with a man in order to survive? What?

Yes.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

oliwan posted:

this is exactly what he's saying.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

oliwan posted:

thanks for decoding that I literally had no idea what he was even getting at

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

oliwan posted:

anyone who unironically believes in the friend zone as a tool of manipulation probably is unable to view women as fellow humans

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

the bitcoin of weed posted:

anyone who unironically believes in the friend zone as a tool of manipulation probably is unable to view women as fellow humans

Ah, so these people believe that "the friend zone" is used by women to manipulate men and get things from men without having to have sex with them, and that that is unfair?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

oliwan posted:

get sex from men without having to do things with them,

FTFY

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I just put together a thread discussing Angela Nagle's new book "Kill All Normies" which I encourage people to come post in if you want to talk more about the book or the specific topics it focuses on.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

oliwan posted:

Ah, so these people believe that "the friend zone" is used by women to manipulate men and get things from men without having to have sex with them, and that that is unfair?

Yes, their worldview is literally that that women and men are incapable of constructive interaction with each other. Additionally, they believe women are parasites who are constantly on the lookout for a superior host, and will immediately abandon a man if a wealthier, more powerful, or more attractive one presents himself to them.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Sad, lovely life path to choose i guess

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Pewdiepie posted some video where he DEBUNKS the wage gap myth and it got reposted by a facebook friend. I tried countering it with evidence to the contrary but he seemed to think thry came to the same conclusion as pewds did. Then i started making fun of him until he logged off.

This was his big defense:

"http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/03/nyregion/03women.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0752118220071107?feedType=R

http://www.businessinsider.com/women-in-tech-make-more-money-and-land-better-jobs-than-men-2010-9

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Young-Women-Earn-More-159818705.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagoudreau/2011/03/14/jobs-where-women-earn-more-than-men/

Also here are some examples of the exact opposite in fields.
Which not that it really matters because it comes down to the choices the person has made and the effort and not what they have in their loving pants."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
economics expert pewdiepie

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
You see the wage gap is a myth if you control for all the patriarchal reasons women make decisions that aren't in their economic interest.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I look forward to the time when Pewdiepie is in the same situation as Notch - tons of money but so personally odious that he has zero friends to visit his mansion.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Qu Appelle posted:

I have an acquaintance of mine, who I found just joined the Alt-Right.

Previously, she was a radical Leftist.

How she went from 'Trump is evil' to 'Trump is my bestie' in three months is kind of mind boggling.

Never, ever go Full Accelerationist.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

economics expert pewdiepie

How big of an idiot do you have to be to take loving pewdiepie's opinion on something as the most salient argument? I mean, Jesus, the alt-right guys are dumb as hell and wrong all the time, but at least as an ignorant guy looking for a political explanation to his problems, you can look at one of them and say "This is a dude most known for being a political pundit, he probably has spent a lot of time forming this opinion, and is not a let's player most famous for shouting naughty words regurgitating what he heard someone else say"

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
pewdiepie's audience is children

remember whatever uplifting messaging was included in the children's programming of ur youth?

well, the kids these days watch pewdiepie

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
a brain damaged swede yelling about rape while playing video games is the most influential figure in the lives of many young children. welcome to the future. there are no flying cars here.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

Pewdiepie posted some video where he DEBUNKS the wage gap myth and it got reposted by a facebook friend. I tried countering it with evidence to the contrary but he seemed to think thry came to the same conclusion as pewds did. Then i started making fun of him until he logged off.

This was his big defense:

"http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/03/nyregion/03women.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0752118220071107?feedType=R

http://www.businessinsider.com/women-in-tech-make-more-money-and-land-better-jobs-than-men-2010-9

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Young-Women-Earn-More-159818705.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagoudreau/2011/03/14/jobs-where-women-earn-more-than-men/

Also here are some examples of the exact opposite in fields.
Which not that it really matters because it comes down to the choices the person has made and the effort and not what they have in their loving pants."

Pewdiepie has been playing footsie with the 'new right' for a while now.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

zegermans posted:

You see the wage gap is a myth if you control for all the patriarchal reasons women make decisions that aren't in their economic interest.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Did i fail to refute his points? CAN the points even be refuted? Does evidence matter? Is it even possible to win an argument with the alt right? Did i lose by giving up and making fun of him?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i keep getting older and they stay the same age with the same entry level wage

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

Did i fail to refute his points? CAN the points even be refuted? Does evidence matter? Is it even possible to win an argument with the alt right? Did i lose by giving up and making fun of him?

you only failed if you didn't make him embarrassed enough to log off or get Extremely Mad Online

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

deadgoon posted:

pewdiepie's audience is children

remember whatever uplifting messaging was included in the children's programming of ur youth?

well, the kids these days watch pewdiepie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=namndS6fvEs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i love it when small business shitlords talk about how desperate their former employees are to work for them again when in reality they're probably thinking "poor girls...... well at least i dodged that bullet"

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Is this a real quote?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Qu Appelle posted:

I have an acquaintance of mine, who I found just joined the Alt-Right.

Previously, she was a radical Leftist.

How she went from 'Trump is evil' to 'Trump is my bestie' in three months is kind of mind boggling.

It's not a huge jump to go from loving populism and hating civil rights :ducksiren: IDENTITY POLITICS :ducksiren: to the alt right

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Deified Data posted:

Is this a real quote?

Even if it isn't, it's practically the life story for women who want to be on TV.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Uncle Wemus posted:

If the dude is taking the pewdmeister as an authority on the goddamn wage gap you are probably not going to be able to sway him with a logical argument using scholarly sources as evidence - he will reject those sources as biased regardless of their quality. I wouldn't say you "lost" by giving up and mocking him as an idiot but it definitely wasn't something that's going to get him to think seriously about his beliefs. The approach I try to take when engaging people like this is to try and find common ground with them and then get them to acknowledge how their way of approaching a problem might be harmful.

Of course, that's not something you're gonna do in a facebook comment feed so yeah just go hog wild on his dumb rear end, gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i keep getting older and they stay the same age with the same entry level wage