Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krispy Kareem posted:

I know of no one who 100% believes we should say anything we want at any time.

I do know a fair number of people who think there should be no safe spaces, but then freak out when someone says something they don't agree with. We're all overly sensitive fucktards who occasionally need a time out.

More like oldspeechless.

Well, now you know one on the internet! I think people should be able to say whatever they want whenever they want, but they then need to take responsibility if what they say gets them labelled as a racist, ruins their life, or gets their rear end kicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SiKboy posted:

You sure you're up for learning another 7 words?

:mediocre:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

dirksteadfast posted:

Have we passed the point where this kind of mistake is the norm for companies? I remember it being a bigger problem a few years ago but nowadays it doesn't seem to happen as much. Don't tell me corporations have actually learned something about social media.

They've had Some of Their Best People working on how to use social media for as long as social media has been beyond a certain critical mass of popularity. Facebook has over a billion users and something like 1/5 people has a Twitter account. You can get a message out instantaneously and get a poo poo load of quick and easy word of mouth if you manage to go viral. There's probably a team of programmers somewhere figuring out how to make a neural network that generates viral tweets.

It's like the advertising arms race but with an extra tentacle.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How do you feel about the use of Ritardando :v:

saw a girl start screaming at band kids because trying to figure out how to sync up the ritardando in their song and that was offensive

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SpacePig posted:

No you.:v:

But seriously. I used the word "retarded" as a kid until my retarded cousin overheard me say it to someone else, and got pretty hurt by it. I also used to use the word "human being" a lot more back before I knew any better, and made an effort to stop after my best friend came out as gay. I'll still say them on occasion, usually when directly quoting a movie or old flash cartoon or something, but I certainly don't use either word in public places, much less polite conversation. It's not unreasonable to watch how you speak to and around other people.

you should have heard me before a friend of mine came out as black

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Cumslut1895 posted:

you should have heard me before a friend of mine came out as black

And just how is your friend Rachel Dolezal doing these days?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mierenneuker posted:

And just how is your friend Rachel Dolezal doing these days?

She's really loving racist.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Turtlicious posted:

She's really loving racist.

And unemployed, as far as I understand. Nobody will hire her because... well... they're unable to understand how hard she has it being "black" and all that.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Yeah he only knows 14 words.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The euphemism treadmill is an inevitability - you can yell as much as you want but the treadmill won't stop and people won't stop running.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tunicate posted:

The euphemism treadmill is an inevitability - you can yell as much as you want but the treadmill won't stop and people won't stop running.

we used to call it the Gypsy treadmill when I was a lad

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Not really a dumb move but this is where i go for ad talk. Anyways, there's a tressume ad where when the song starts the beat immediately makes me think it's going to be the lone otakus song. Every time.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

"My friend and her fiancé were on her way to their wedding in Iceland. Their flight from Washington DC was delayed, setting them up for a missed connection in New York. They were re-routed via Paris and Berlin, but despite constant contact with Delta Airlines to make sure their luggage wound up in the right place, the airline washed their hands of the situation.

They finally tracked down their luggage themselves, abandoned on a baggage carousel in Frankfurt 1500 miles away. Delta is currently telling them to take the issue up with the last carrier, Air Berlin, who never even touched their luggage."

any publicity is good publicity, right?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
heck them if they're rich enough to fly to Europe for their wedding. my heart bleeds for them

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Ein cooler Typ posted:

heck them if they're rich enough to fly to Europe for their wedding. my heart bleeds for them

I mean, without having the whole story of why they're getting married in Iceland, if they're eloping even with the flight to Europe it's cheaper than throwing an actual wedding. It's what my fiancé and I are planning on doing (to a different country than Iceland, but still).

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

meiram posted:

I mean, without having the whole story of why they're getting married in Iceland, if they're eloping even with the flight to Europe it's cheaper than throwing an actual wedding. It's what my fiancé and I are planning on doing (to a different country than Iceland, but still).

lol good luck with ur luggage dumbass

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Do you know where iceland is

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
United Airlines sends rapper's dog to wrong city during a layover

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/united-airlines-schoolboy-q-rapper-dog-wrong-city-layover-a7843306.html

Yeah, i think we should make an airline thread. It just doesn't stop.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

good thing he didn't go for his birthday

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Corrode posted:

Do you know where iceland is

Europe?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Sorta somewhere over there near Finland?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Iceland is basically Canadas outhouse guys, it's not quite a trip to Paris.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

jojoinnit posted:

Iceland is basically Canadas outhouse guys, it's not quite a trip to Paris.

:eng99:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Flying from Washington DC to Iceland is both easy and cheap as hell. Delta is the double-dumbass all the way.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/united-airlines-schoolboy-q-rapper-dog-wrong-city-layover-a7843306.html

Is nobody noticing that his dog is named Yeeerndamean?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Allegations Banana Boat sunscreen causes burns continue to pour in to Health Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/banana-boat-sunscreen-burn-health-canada-1.4206045

:nws: due to a baby with severe face burns. They got the formula wrong?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

good thing he didn't go for his birthday

Noice.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIb5jFZWlMc

Buy our cars so you can rob banks, I guess?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Lime Tonics posted:

Allegations Banana Boat sunscreen causes burns continue to pour in to Health Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business/banana-boat-sunscreen-burn-health-canada-1.4206045

:nws: due to a baby with severe face burns. They got the formula wrong?

Probably a bad batch. This is what happens when you outsource everything to the cheapest bidder.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Ziv Zulander posted:

Probably a bad batch. This is what happens when you outsource everything to the cheapest bidder.

Did they figure out some kind of anti-sunscreen that focuses the UV radiation? Or is that just like your more run-of-the-mill chemical burn?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

meiram posted:

My wife and I eloped in Alaska. We just carried on our wedding clothes instead of checking them. We did not want to risk losing bags even though we had a direct flight.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

more like oldmapless

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Ein cooler Typ posted:

We apparently live in a world where not only is geography forgotten, only rich people can afford to go on a vacation. Ever.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Lime Tonics posted:

Please do and post the link here.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

canis minor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIb5jFZWlMc

Buy our cars so you can rob banks, I guess?

"Hey, that Prius ad with the criminals driving across the nation and capturing the hearts of its populace was reasonably successful. What do we do to compete with something like that?"
"Uhhh... Shaky-cam Bonnie & Clyde?"

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

bongwizzard posted:

Did they figure out some kind of anti-sunscreen that focuses the UV radiation? Or is that just like your more run-of-the-mill chemical burn?
Some things like lime juice can induce severe uv sensitivity and result in really bad blistery sunburns, so it is possible.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Blue Footed Booby posted:

We apparently live in a world where not only is geography forgotten, only rich people can afford to go on a vacation. Ever.

Well poor people don't really deserve a vacation do they? They didn't work very hard or otherwise they wouldn't be poor!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

...is Iceland not considered part of Europe?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Byzantine posted:

It is to me. Color coded continents don't lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Byzantine posted:

It is!