Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Wrinkle in Time teaser trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4U3TeY2wtM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i don't think that'll be good

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!
Worked on that one for a bit on the post side. Really interesting to see it start to come together visually!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Not a proper trailer, but a bunch of new behind the scenes stuff for The Last Jedi.

I mean I always try to temper expectations but I can't help but get hype.

Also our company has already rented out an entire theater for opening day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's Star Wars, it's absolutely OK to be hype. The crushing disappointment that we felt with each prequel is part of the whole experience.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

This was always one of my favorite books as a kid. This trailer looks very....okay.

I hope the 2d flatland scene will be cool.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

kanonvandekempen posted:

William H. Macy has worked with some of the great directors in his acting career: Steven Spielberg, Paul Thomas Anderson and the Coen brothers. Finally he is taking those lessons and producing art of his own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ-Qs0zelic

I laughed too hard at the ending joke with the one-eyed balloon operator.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
drat, you guys are off your game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZOaI_Fn5o4

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
So, so hype.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I need that loving soundtrack.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Excited that future California finally wipes out the minorities

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Kiimo, why is there a trailer for the trailer we're already watching at the head of the trailer and can you please make them stop? Like, does the tracking show that 15% of the audience closes the window if the first thing they see is a trailer band? (those are people who aren't going to see the movie anyways)

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Dillbag posted:

Kiimo, why is there a trailer for the trailer we're already watching at the head of the trailer and can you please make them stop? Like, does the tracking show that 15% of the audience closes the window if the first thing they see is a trailer band? (those are people who aren't going to see the movie anyways)

He's explained this like 20 times. It's because when the trailer shows up as an ad for a YouTube video, you have to watch the first five seconds before you can skip it. So they show big moments from the trailer to keep people interested in watching the whole thing.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Well, that made me considerably less excited.

Seems like they're going for a savior of the world angle now rather than the more personal story of the original and that dialogue is total poo poo.
Well, at least it'll be pretty and have good music... much like Tron Legacy.

Also, they're seriously going the "Deckard is a replicant" route aren't they?

He's a replicant that has somehow lived past his expiration date and Jared Leto wants him to find out why.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 17, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Deakul posted:

Well, that made me considerably less excited.

Seems like they're going for a savior of the world angle now rather than the more personal story of the original and that dialogue is total poo poo.
Well, at least it'll be pretty and have good music... much like Tron Legacy.

Yeah dude I dunno about this movie
But what continues to bug me is Harrison Ford in his goddamn Wrangler jeans and Hanes t-shirt outfit he got at a kohls the day shooting started

It feels.... anachronistic

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah, that too.

He looks like he just rolled out of bed and threw on a shirt and jeans then walked onto the set.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It is weird to have watched Blade Runner the Final Cut and think Deckard is not a replicant.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I am SO DOWN for this.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

:sigh:

All I wanted was a quiet navelgazy sci-fi film that explored what being human meant with an eerie ambient soundtrack.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Wendell posted:

It is weird to have watched Blade Runner the Final Cut and think Deckard is not a replicant.

I look at the unicorn as not him but his realization that there's more to replicants, that they're beautiful and impossible but there they are all the same. It's his eyes opening to them being more than just machine, to them being alive, and the origami a message of, "I know you've gone native. Out of respect, you can have a head start."

Search for a reason, there it will be.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'll probably be happier if the movie doesn't dance around it. The ambiguity of the original will still hold up regardless of "canon" and being coy feels like it'd be limiting

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Wendell posted:

I think the movie just sort of doesn't make sense if he's a replicant. Why the poo poo would you make a replicant for the purpose of tracking down and killing other replicants, and then make him pretty lovely at it? He gets his rear end kicked every time he's in a straight-up fight with one of the replicants.

e: like, I realize this is treading dangerously close to tactical realism, but the replicants we're shown are strong as gently caress and Deckard has regular human strength. The movie would be breaking its own internal logic a little if the latter was supposed to be a replicant.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Wendell posted:

The problem is that Deckard as a replicant undermines the themes and structure of the story. But it was a fan theory in the 80's that Ridley Scott decided "Yeah! Let's jam that in there!" and with every time he went back to change the film, he shoved more of it in there.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The question of whether or not Deckard is a Replicant is more interesting in its ambiguity than in definitively coming down on one side or the other.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

exquisite tea posted:

The question of whether or not Deckard is a Replicant is more interesting in its ambiguity than in definitively coming down on one side or the other.

Yeah.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

exquisite tea posted:

I just hope they get to the bottom of where they get those cool Blade Runner guns. I want a scene where we meet the guy that developed them and they explain how and why they made them. That would be swell.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

exquisite tea posted:

Agreed, but if a sequel is going to include Ford it feels like it'll have to either shed some of that or get precious about it. Villeneuve is cool though so I hope he threads the needle

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Syncopated posted:

I laughed too hard at the ending joke with the one-eyed balloon operator.

Usually comedy trailers bounce right off me but "you took a loving 'kill-shot' at me?!" is golden.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

lelandjs posted:

:sigh:

All I wanted was a quiet navelgazy sci-fi film that explored what being human meant with an eerie ambient soundtrack.

You already have that. It's called Blade Runner.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

BonoMan posted:

You already have that. It's called Blade Runner.

I mean,

yeah

but I wanted more.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ex Machina? Under the Skin?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

GrandpaPants posted:

Ex Machina? Under the Skin?

Ex Machina is about what it means to be a robot and Under the Skin is what it means to be a flesh-eating alien

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

No way I'm watching that trailer, but I don't know why someone would need a Blade Runner sequel to be the same as the original, that's weird.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol the comments (i know i know) consisting of sad losers saying the male lead is too ugly.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hate this world and we deserve death for the internet giving voice to the disgusting filth of the masses.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Shageletic posted:

lol the comments (i know i know) consisting of sad losers saying the male lead is too ugly.

...what?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Ryan Gosling ugly? first i've heard of it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

Ryan Gosling ugly? first i've heard of it

The Ugly Gosling

Yes, internet, I made it up. Pay me.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Like, I could see someone thinking he's "too ugly" in a very clinical, lop-sided face kind of way. But in practice I don't know anyone who wouldn't consider him handsome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The Ugly Gosling

somehow, still good looking

• Locked thread