Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Universe Master posted:

Why do they use western astrology?

I'd guess it's auto-generated based on birthday and if you have it set to English it uses the western signs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

LimburgLimbo posted:

Nobody ever said she was lying though? But anyway I guess it's cool that you see women as children; that's your prerogative I suppose. I'm just a gonna go on treating them as normal adults with agency.

You sound a little cranky. Mebe you should have a glass of hot water and a rest.

I'm the magic nipple in the middle.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LimburgLimbo posted:

Nobody ever said she was lying though? But anyway I guess it's cool that you see women as children; that's your prerogative I suppose. I'm just a gonna go on treating them as normal adults with agency.

No, this is fascinating. Tell me more. Trust me, I'm taking notes.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Wait, the eastern signs would use very different code, since it's by year

That would not be chabuduo enough

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
How's the mainland cheese?

No stories about human excretion pls.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

JaucheCharly posted:

You sound a little cranky. Mebe you should have a glass of hot water and a rest.

Pirate Radar posted:

No, this is fascinating. Tell me more. Trust me, I'm taking notes.

Still waiting for you to bring the "gotcha" where you post where someone actually says "that didn't happen to you" instead of literally the opposite, aka what actually happened where everyone says "that sucks but it's not common to be literally abducted off the street"

Edit: \/\/\/ just give me a little more, I'm having fun with the racists

LimburgLimbo fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 17, 2017

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Oh my god shut the gently caress up nobody loving cares.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LimburgLimbo posted:

Still waiting for you to bring the "gotcha" where you post where someone actually says "that didn't happen to you" instead of literally the opposite, aka what actually happened where everyone says "that sucks but it's not common to be literally abducted off the street"

No, I was looking for you to explain what you meant. I can sit down later if I'd like and sort through the posts, but I suggested that context affects how people perceive and understand messages and you said I'm treating women like children. I don't know what you mean.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

LimburgLimbo posted:

Edit: \/\/\/ just give me a little more, I'm having fun with the racists

Maybe you can dig it out for us? My afternoon nap is on. You sound like a mysogynist btw.

*tssssssssssk*

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Very chabuduo; in perfect spirit of the thread, so at least you've got that going for you

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
oh joy the great race space is leaking

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hailthefish posted:

Oh my god shut the gently caress up nobody loving cares.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

It certainly says something when even oohhboy is bored of this poo poo...

...which is shut the gently caress up nobody loving cares.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's some actual content which Forjar would much like to comment on. The numbers save face once again!

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40627737

quote:

China's economy grew at an annual rate of 6.9% between April and June according to official figures, slightly higher than forecast.

The growth rate, which compares expansion with the same three months in the previous year, was the same as in the first quarter of 2017.

Beijing is trying to rein in debt and a housing bubble with tough measures on the property sector and lenders.

Many analysts expected China's economy to slow as those policies kicked in.

But the latest data is well above Beijing's 6.5% growth target for 2017.

Despite efforts to slow down the housing market, property investment grew by 8.5% in the first half, which is up from the same period in 2016.

Some analysts are predicting that tighter lending rules may not have the cooling effect that many expected.

"Property prices will have an impact in the second half, but the impact might not be as big as we thought. It is only on prime cities. The third-tier and fourth-tier cities might catch up a little bit and that will offset some of the slowdown in first tier cities," said Iris Pang, Greater China Economist with ING.

China's economy grew at its weakest pace in 26 years during 2016, but other data released on Monday added to the picture of rebounding growth for the Chinese economy.

Industrial output for June grew by 7.6%, well above the forecast 6.5%.

Retail spending grew 11% last month compared with June 2016.

And growth in both imports and exports also came in above expectations.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I dont know if I would call it viture but haier did claim to have rules like how he wanted to get to know the girl and that "I love you would happened before the date" or the woman would get all mercenary on him wanting to be paid.

Dude I do think living there has jaded you regarding women.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Universe Master posted:

Why do they use western astrology?

No why.

It's just one more thing. But it would not be coded differently based on language. They totally show the western zodiac for Chinese language users.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

At least they don't have the stupid Nazi blood type poo poo here.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Grand Fromage posted:

One of the dumber things the Taiwanese inherited from the Japanese.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

I have no doubt that if marketed properly books about that poo poo could make major bank in China

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The Great Autismo! posted:

I'm now a trump supporter apologist because I read a book from a liberal Berkeley sociologist that talked about people in the Deep South and because I asked for a source one time when someone was blatantly exaggerating something to make a point that has nothing to do with anything

really giving the idea of "debate" a new meaning over there, lol

Wait, like something outrageously heinous about the deep south? Because I'd be doubtful that you could exaggerate some of idiotic poo poo that goes on there (speaking from a childhood in rural Louisiana). I mean, I had gay classmates who were straight up lynched back in the late 90s to early 2000s.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

Wait, like something outrageously heinous about the deep south? Because I'd be doubtful that you could exaggerate some of idiotic poo poo that goes on there (speaking from a childhood in rural Louisiana). I mean, I had gay classmates who were straight up lynched back in the late 90s to early 2000s.

no the quote was "all white trump supporters hate blacks as much as they hate asians" and I asked for a source, and then was called a trump voter apologist

I've spent a decent amount of time in the south (Georgia, SC and NC) and I know it can be bad

edit: it was hate asians as much as they hate blacks.

The Great Autismo! fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 17, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

oohhboy posted:

Here's some actual content which Forjar would much like to comment on. The numbers save face once again!

on the other hand....

https://twitter.com/SCMP_News/status/886922184190545920

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
One nice thing about China is that when I buy two of something people automatically assume one is for me and the other is for a friend or partner. LOL, it's all for me, but there will never be any shame associated with it like there would be in the West. I do keep the extra chopsticks and spoons for I don't know what.
I must be a very thoughtful man for buying two pieces of cheesecake.

I would also like to take this time to gripe about the idiotic import tax they have on foreign goods here. There's something imported from Europe I want to buy that isn't for sale in any of the online retailers I saw in India, and I can't trust the postal service there, so if I want to buy the product in China I am looking at a $200-250 USD increase in price depending on which of the two Taobao sellers are selling it the last I checked. The same reason I didn't buy a laptop off Newegg.cn because I still had to pay the tax through them importing the computer from the US. LAME. At that time I settled for a Chinese computer and got someone to install me English Windows.

oohhboy posted:

You know what else grew at 6.9% during those 3 months?

My student loan debt.

Ups_rail posted:

Dude I do think living there has jaded you regarding women.
Living here has jaded me regarding humans in China. I was a nice and very polite person before, but now I will purposely do lousy things to people and then pretend I never did anything, just because I get a little joy out of seeing them angry. I have become Face. I am a jerk IRL now to anyone I don't know, and sometimes I feel a little sad and shocked when strangers act out with nice manners or kindness. I am seriously more like a Mainlander now than ever before, and it sucks.
On the plus side, I am curious to see how fast I drop all of these rude Face tendencies once I leave here. If I try to pull any of this poo poo while in India I will very quickly be beaten with metal pipes.

Speaking of which, I got my tickets and will fly out at the end of summer a few weeks after my year is up. I wish there was a good India thread, because I don't want to continue crying about China in here once I go.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Haier posted:

Speaking of which, I got my tickets and will fly out at the end of summer a few weeks after my year is up. I wish there was a good India thread, because I don't want to continue crying about China in here once I go.

never make a india thread. it just ends up being gassed because it devolves into debates about whether uncircumcised dicks feel better than circumcised and people posting pictures of all the dead gross poo poo in their rivers every single time

there is an incredible thread about confused indian men looking for sex on facebook though. it might be the funniest thing i've seen on the internet in the last 5 years

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

The Great Autismo! posted:

no the quote was "all white trump supporters hate blacks as much as they hate asians" and I asked for a source, and then was called a trump voter apologist

I've spent a decent amount of time in the south (Georgia, SC and NC) and I know it can be bad

edit: it was hate asians as much as they hate blacks.

Lol. Who said that, everbody's favorite hater of "jungle Asians" or whatever the gently caress.

Ramadu posted:

never make a india thread. it just ends up being gassed because it devolves into debates about whether uncircumcised dicks feel better than circumcised and people posting pictures of all the dead gross poo poo in their rivers every single time

there is an incredible thread about confused indian men looking for sex on facebook though. it might be the funniest thing i've seen on the internet in the last 5 years

Also, the sensational gang rapes that seem to happen everyday, with police collusion. That's a perennial topic in India threads .

The Dipshit fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 17, 2017

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Haier posted:

Living here has jaded me regarding humans in China. I was a nice and very polite person before, but now I will purposely do lousy things to people and then pretend I never did anything, just because I get a little joy out of seeing them angry. I have become Face. I am a jerk IRL now to anyone I don't know, and sometimes I feel a little sad and shocked when strangers act out with nice manners or kindness. I am seriously more like a Mainlander now than ever before, and it sucks.

I'm pretty sure that being a long term expat who moves around a lot creates some kind of weird cynicism and detachment towards people in general and dating in particular, you have no real lasting ties and nothing has any maaaajor consequences so a lot of people end up living pretty ridiculous lives in general and doing poo poo that they wouldn't, if they had family and long-term friends around them. And ridiculous dating is just one small part of the general ridiculous expat life.

Haier is just this phenomenon taken to the extreme

plumpy hole lever fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 17, 2017

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Ramadu posted:

you cant say that and not post the link

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

very clever with maracas posted:

you cant say that and not post the link

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811789

i am so happy to be able to share this with someone who hasn't seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXyQ-OD3hM0

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

that was amazing, thank you

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Troll sexy thread knows what its doing

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

that was amazing, thank you

big nipples big life

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Wechat's greatest feature is every single sticker, emoji, or any other image is stored in a new instance every time it appears in a chat. This slowly eats the entire hard drive of your phone. The storage is in a hidden folder, so if nobody tells you how to clear it there's no way to fix the problem. When I discovered this for the first time I was about to have to buy a new phone because mine was rendered entirely unusable, but I recovered the eight gigs Wechat had taken and the phone was restored to functionality.

Link or an explaination for this? I think i might be effected by this.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If China had better milk tanks they wouldn't have to buy so much poisoned milks.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
melamine in the boons

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Xerxes17 posted:

Link or an explaination for this? I think i might be effected by this.

Connect to your computer and dig around in the Tencent/wechat directory for a folder with a really long name of random numbers and letters. Delete that folder. Your stickers will vanish but repopulate themselves if you wait a while. Also, clear group chat histories and any old conversations first.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811789&userid=122413

My posts in that thread for any goons in this thread not wanting to go through 1000 pages of goons writing the same things over and over. I stopped sharing anything when I realized I was the off-topic one.

Baronjutter posted:

If China had better milk tanks they wouldn't have to buy so much poisoned milks.

Haier posted:

I taught a Chinese girl that the slang for breasts is "milks." It has been wonderful.

Chaoshan Girl's milks are stupendous for her size (she's like 152cm tall), and I had to teach her that. She only says Milks now for anything involving boobs for men or women.

I'm pretty sure that being a long term expat who moves around a lot creates some kind of weird cynicism and detachment towards people in general and dating in particular, you have no real lasting ties and nothing has any maaaajor consequences so a lot of people end up living pretty ridiculous lives in general and doing poo poo that they wouldn't, if they had family and long-term friends around them. And ridiculous dating is just one small part of the general ridiculous expat life.

Haier is just this phenomenon taken to the extreme
LOL, not quite. I have family all over, and in places in the US and India I have some very close and good friends that keep me busy, and the society helps to just be normal. Even in India I have zero contact with women at all, but have a bunch of dude friends that make life good and we hang almost daily. I even own a room in a village, but am wanting to buy a studio in a medium-tier city where some close friends are. In Thailand I have family and friends since childhood and 90% of my time there is with relatives if I am not walking alone.
China is just randoms and a couple close friends I like, but mostly just a bunch of strangers fading in and out of my life, and the psychotic culture just makes it worse.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
hair have you tried giving the mid west a shot?

maybe lees summit Missouri?

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Haier posted:

The last time I was in Thailand, I had this confusing time where I was trying to figure out of she was a legit hooker, a part-timer, or actually flirting and being genuine.

Her: "Do you want to go/come to my house or I go to where you stay?"
Me: "I am sorry, I don't pay for sex or go to hookers."
Her: "I don't mean you pay, its is free."
Me: "Free for me, and other guys pay?"
Her: "Free."
Me: "Do you make other men pay?"
Her: "You and me, no pay."

I would ask all sorts of loaded questions and somehow they would skirt around them and I would still be unsure if I was talking to hooker or not. Was it free just for me, or free for everyone and she never made money off it? I often had no idea. To be safe, in the former HIV and AIDS capitol of Asia, I didn't take any offers.

Call me naive, but is there a good reason to not fess up to being in it for the money if directly asked? I mean, it seems like it would save a lot of trouble if she just said, "Yes, I will charge you for sex." And then, if the other party is interested can just say, "Okay, how much?"

Or is it one of those deals where the pimp bursts into the room after you're done having sex and threatens to beat you up if you don't pay?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Ups_rail posted:

But I ve posted in other threads and rather than have people engage with my post and why what I wrote is bad they literally reply with

"LOL THERE IS NO ONE WHO IS GONNA READ THAT"

"TLDR"

Visual aids. It'll bump you up to merely being questioned for putting in the effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
big milks, big life

• Locked thread