Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

gonnmans are fun and good, tbh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHU1nOydFu0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

osker posted:

I like the Mirage top-mid pop flash in the second video, I don't think I've ever noticed that angle being pre-fired that close.

common as hell

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Kjaerbae Overpass drop. Drops are real.

Edit: Swiss round 2: SK vs Astralis. RIP so many people's 3-0 picks.

Remora fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 16, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Remora posted:

Kjaerbae Overpass drop. Drops are real.

Edit: Swiss round 2: SK vs Astralis. RIP so many people's 3-0 picks.

The way they played today? SK all the way but yeah RIP. I didn't see SK play though.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Soulex posted:

The way they played today? SK all the way but yeah RIP. I didn't see SK play though.

SK basically lost to PENTA. Only coldzera magic saved them. So neither looked commanding or anything.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
After going 20-3 in Gold Nova 2, just got promoted to GN3! I think I am going to start losing a lot more soon though, I've started hitting some MG players and I am definitely not on their level yet. Thanks for the advice everyone gave!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159540371?t=08h49m01s

gob_b owns so hard. This post game interview with him from yesterday is a really good and insightful

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Lmao thorin analyzing simple's crosshair placement

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Oh, morning drama over some dumb bug. Now we have gentleman's agreements between teams not to crouch jump.

Seems silly. gently caress I've known about it for forever I'm just too lazy to do it. Good on gob b on disciplining his players to do it consistently enough to make the fanboys cry.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

just did a 1v5 ace clutch and tilted the other team so badly we won 6 more rounds in a row to finish 16-14. its good to play cs again

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

This Navi game is weird.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Man what's happening to Faze?

Edit: Man what's happening to Thorin's hair?

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 17, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

He got a haircut in one of those under developed European countries

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
any interesting "secret strats" so far aside from the stupid crouch jump?

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

From what I know of thorin, I'm assuming he cuts his own hair.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
More like Cloud Nein.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
obvious vac imo

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

This production is such a shitshow.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
So many technical pauses and then the stream goes down. This is so tedious.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hahahahah jesus christ

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What the gently caress is this crouch jump everyone is talking about? The one where you don't make noise?

Also who is BIG and where the gently caress did they come from?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

My first major was Cluj-Napoca 2015, has there ever been a major produced this loving terribly?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Soulex posted:

What the gently caress is this crouch jump everyone is talking about? The one where you don't make noise?

i'm pretty sure, in some places, doing this enables you to safely see over walls without exposing yourself. basically you can see people coming while they have no idea you're gathering information about where they are.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I would love to see an accounting of time lost to technical crap.

https://twitter.com/pglesports/status/886997322370088960

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Soulex posted:

tabsen, gob b, and LEGIJA all floated around the German scene and then were in America on NRG for about a year in a failed experiment, nex was on mousesports until he got kicked for loWel I think? And keev was a T2/3 star AWPer on Alternate aTTaX and Killerfish for a while. They came together sometime earlier this year/very late last year.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm pretty sure, in some places, doing this enables you to safely see over walls without exposing yourself. basically you can see people coming while they have no idea you're gathering information about where they are.

Yeah, you, like, crouch and then jump then let go of crouch? I think that's the gist of it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think that's mostly it, yeah. cs:go adjusts your head model downwards during the jump-crouch, and the game has never seemed to play very well with the way jumping and crouching interact with your viewable model and hitbox. so basically you're seeing over whatever you're peeking even though to everyone else your head has never actually appeared visibly over the obstacle.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I can see why people say that's bullshit, but I can also see how blowing yourself up twice trying to save a gun is peak NACS

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the two are definitely not mutually exclusive, and apparently big was doing the exact same thing on inferno earlier against faze, even though i didn't see that.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I take it major broadcasts are not usually this much of a shitshow.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

I take it major broadcasts are not usually this much of a shitshow.

Usually they broadcast, for one.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
You've never seen CS:GO like this

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
its shanghai all over again

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Still not as bad as the Chinese dota tournament where there were visible toilets in the team rooms

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Terrific Accident posted:

Still not as bad as the Chinese dota tournament where there were visible toilets in the team rooms

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMH1jESlKDS/

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I love Zeus and Gambit

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

And I love even more how turbofucked the backstabbers from Na'Vi got by dropping him

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
That bomb from dupreeh...wow. And to not even start planting again out of desperation. So weird. Also as a side note, coldzera is still just terrifying.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

device started that round (22) with $1.1k and no kevlar with his awp/nades lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Plants bomb, immediately turns back to incoming CT. Astralis are pros!