Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The other difference, as far as we know from Early Reporting (tm), is that whereas in Yanez' shoot, the partner couldn't clearly see what was going on inside the car, in this case the partner is going to have to rather directly either say it looked like a good or bad shoot. I mean, I guess he could say he just closed his eyes and then a woman got shot, buutttt...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What travels faster: bullets or your eyelids when blinking?

Checkmate BLM

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
She was clearly in a pcp induced rage that made her unstoppable without the use of deadly force.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I mean I hate that new age hippy-dippy poo poo as much as the next guy but dude you don't blast a pretty white lady in the chest over it and expect to walk Scott free.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Just another daily tweet by a person I assume to be in a state of mental health depriving him of legal capacity.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/886950594220568576

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

I mean I hate that new age hippy-dippy poo poo as much as the next guy but dude you don't blast a pretty white lady in the chest over it and expect to walk Scott free.

Nice!

E: wait wait i had something for this

A Spector of violence against women is hanging over this nation's police force

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just another daily tweet by a person I assume to be in a state of mental health depriving him of legal capacity.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/886950594220568576

I want to see someone hack his Twitter just to see how long it takes before anyone notices

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

In other news, Netflix is making an Overwatch movie. May god help us all.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Link? Everything I've seen on it indicates it was a fan made trailer.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Blind Rasputin posted:

Source? Google only gives me a fan made trailer

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

That was fan made? Thank God. I think I fell for the Netflix trademark on it like an idiot.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, that cop who blasted that Australian lady just brought down a ton of poo poo down on a whole bunch of his bosses.

You're gonna have the Australian ambassador calling up state department, attorney general's office, the governor, the mayor and whoever else they can think of.

Now the American ambassador to Australia is getting hammered by the prime minister, all the other ministers, the news, the family all looking for answers.

And all this poo poo is gonna roll down on that PD.

There is gonna be a lot of people hating their lives right about now.

Because if it doesn't get sorted out satisfactorily, all those Americans that gently caress up in Australia, including service members, that would normally just pay a fine and damages are gonna get locked the gently caress up.

It's happened before, and no one has a good time.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

dscruffy1 posted:

Not like anyone will give a gently caress, the usual people who'd defend this with no information are the same folks who wouldn't give a gently caress about suspicious lapses in camera footage.
Who obviously are much worse than the people who assume malice with no information.

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm surprised safari land or one of the bigger holster manufacturers haven't designed a "LE edition" that can send a blue tooth signal to start recordering when the pistol is unholstered.

Flikken posted:

Sounds like something that will have easy "malfunctions"
It wouldn't be very useful in this case, since apparently the shooter fired across his body. Honestly, it would be kind of pointless half the time anyway, since questions of lawfulness often turn on the events leading up to the shooting.

CommieGIR posted:

Doesn't really change anything, there's still a strong tendency for juries to acquit in police shooting cases if the victim was black versus white, as well as an unwillingness for prosecutors to fully push the case. Which still highlights BLM's complaint.
Do you have any evidence to support the insinuation that the prosecution spiked the case against the cop who shot Philando Castile? Or any other case they chose to bring to trial?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Oh loving Christ here we go again

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

It wouldn't be very useful in this case, since apparently the shooter fired across his body. Honestly, it would be kind of pointless half the time anyway, since questions of lawfulness often turn on the events leading up to the shooting.

Even audio recording would be of benefit here.

"G'day ma...."

BLAMAMAMMAMAMAMAMAM

But instead we got nothing so...

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
As a dashcam owner, police have zero justification for not running their cameras 24/7. Slap in a 32gb SD card and you've got a couple hours of 4k footage that can jump into "DON'T DELETE THIS" mode when prompted. Backing everything up requires a pricier setup, but accountability for the wearer is worth its weight in gold.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cugel the Clever posted:

but accountability for the wearer is worth its weight in gold.

For the family maybe!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
*runs into thread sweating* I have an opinion:

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Martin Landau's dead.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

What is it with police officers shooting into cars, like ever? Isn't a step to the side sufficient in pretty much all cases, especially if they're covered by another officer at the scene?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Not that the body cams would have caught anything since dumbfuck managed to shoot her while still sitting down.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hannibal Rex posted:

Martin Landau's dead.

This is one of the names that rings the biggest of bells, but I couldn't name a single loving movie of his to save my life.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Hannibal Rex posted:

Martin Landau's dead.

So is George A Romero.

Edit:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This is one of the names that rings the biggest of bells, but I couldn't name a single loving movie of his to save my life.

He was in The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island.

No. I am not making that up.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 17, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Duzzy Funlop posted:

ed wood

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Discharging a gun across a seat inside a vehicle does not sound fun at all for either cop. Like, I can't imagine the cop would do that without being scared for his life?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Discharging a gun across a seat inside a vehicle does not sound fun at all for either cop. Like, I can't imagine the cop would do that without being scared for his life?
He probably just hosed up really bad.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hannibal Rex posted:

Martin Landau's dead.

Thanks, Flash.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Space 1999 was all I could remember.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

He probably just hosed up really bad.

I've been trying to think of how he hosed up that badly and I keep drawing a blank. Gun out sitting in their lap with their finger on the trigger and pointed at just the correct angle to intersect with the victim but still miss the cop and their partner. And then what? Someone sneezes? The cop twitches funny? Why would the gun be unholstered in the first place?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they were playing the trust game but were smart enough to not point at each other

or they're that dumb and dude sneezed

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Mission Impossible (TV)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

I've been trying to think of how he hosed up that badly and I keep drawing a blank. Gun out sitting in their lap with their finger on the trigger and pointed at just the correct angle to intersect with the victim but still miss the cop and their partner. And then what? Someone sneezes? The cop twitches funny? Why would the gun be unholstered in the first place?
Because he's an idiot.

He's Somali so this is about to get really messy.

"We must back up the police no matter wh....HANG HIM!!"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i think the trust game explanation is legit the simplest one

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Not that the body cams would have caught anything since dumbfuck managed to shoot her while still sitting down.

How in the gently caress do you draw your weapon out of your leg holster while sitting? This dude had to loving really try for it, he can't claim it was an accident or he blinked and the gun went off. Like, the physical exertion needed to draw a weapon from a leg holster while seated in a vehicle is nuts. He had to have rolled up weapon already drawn itching to put someone on ice.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
guys she was a zombie. the zombie thing is finally happening. it's fine though, they got it early. CDC and FBI confiscated body cams.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Casimir Radon posted:

Because he's an idiot.

He's Somali so this is about to get really messy.

"We must back up the police no matter wh....HANG HIM!!"

Did he piss hot for Khat?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's a thread for this conjecture.

South Korea Proposes Military Talks With North at Their Border

quote:

The South wants to send a military delegation to the border village of Panmunjom on Friday to discuss “stopping all hostile activities that raise military tension” along the border, Vice Defense Minister Suh Choo-suk said on Monday.

Such a meeting would be the first between the two governments since 2015 and the first inter-Korean military dialogue since 2014.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The BBC posted:

Russia's Supreme Court has ordered the disbanding of the Jehovah's Witnesses on Russian territory.....The ban came into effect after the court rejected an appeal by the religious group against a ruling in April which declared it to be extremist......It will be required to hand over all its properties, known as Kingdom Halls, to the Russian government...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40635267

Welp. Apparently someone went knocking on Putins door too early on a sunday guys.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

KildarX posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40635267

Welp. Apparently someone went knocking on Putins door too early on a sunday guys.

Sometimes being essentially a dictator has benefits for your country at large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

R Kelly is running a sex cult

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimderogatis/parents-told-police-r-kelly-is-keeping-women-in-a-cult

• Locked thread