Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The less said about Kiss Players, the better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

The less said about Kiss Players, the better

I believe this is a direct quote from TFWiki.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I...should not have googled that to find out what it is
How bizarre
How macabre

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
See, seeing it all capitalized like that, I thought it was a crossover with the band...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Neige posted:

See, seeing it all capitalized like that, I thought it was a crossover with the band...

Don't give Gene any ideas.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Doreen giving Nancy the lowdown on the Savage Land

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I very much agree that was missing from the movie.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Proteus Jones posted:

Doreen giving Nancy the lowdown on the Savage Land

The next page is even better.

Earth 616 is a silly place.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

tell me they cover the part about crashing later

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like Nancy. She takes initiative.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Would Doreen lose her powers in the Savage Lands, or is it just Xavier?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

C'mon, Nancy, you should know better than that by now.

(USG #2. The second one.)

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Would Doreen lose her powers in the Savage Lands, or is it just Xavier?

She's not a mutant so maybe not? Does the "Savage Land = No Powers" rule apply to every superpower?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

cant cook creole bream posted:

You would think what with all the times Namor has helped superheroes or been at war with them, Atlantis existing would be pretty commonly available knowledge.

See: Marvels.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

joehonkie posted:

You would think what with all the times Namor has helped superheroes or been at war with them, Atlantis existing would be pretty commonly available knowledge.

It is common knowledge, it's on Wikipedia.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

joehonkie posted:

Shall I point you to the numerous Flat Earth social media circles?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Vincent posted:

She's not a mutant so maybe not? Does the "Savage Land = No Powers" rule apply to every superpower?

The Savage Land, by itself, does not take away powers. It's just that every time the X-People went to the Savage Land, there just happened to be a villain with a power-removing plot device.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

Gynovore posted:

The Savage Land, by itself, does not take away powers. It's just that every time the X-People went to the Savage Land, there just happened to be a villain with a power-removing plot device.

HAHA! Really? I thought that was part of the Savage Land's "thing". Next you're going to tell me that planes crash over/in the Savage Land for no drat reason at all!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The reason is "running gag"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Choco1980 posted:

The reason is "running gag"

It's only a matter of time before some bad writer confuses "running gag" with "rule", and the world will get a little bit dumber. :(

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Wouldn't you wanna buzz a T-Rex in your cessna?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Jago posted:

HAHA! Really? I thought that was part of the Savage Land's "thing". Next you're going to tell me that planes crash over/in the Savage Land for no drat reason at all!

Again, this is pretty much just a thing with the X-Men's plane.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Again, this is pretty much just a thing with the X-Men's plane.

Waste of a perfectly good goddamn SR-71 :mad:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Not just the X-men

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Someone pranked tony by drawing a stache on this helmet

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Zeeman posted:

Not just the X-men

:spidey:. o O (Why the gently caress did I agree to come, again)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

prefect posted:

It's only a matter of time before some bad writer confuses "running gag" with "rule", and the world will get a little bit dumber. :(
"but it's meta and meta is always funny."

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:spidey:. o O (Why the gently caress did I agree to come, again)

They actually included him, that's why! He just wants to belong.

Alternately, he's aware enough of the Parker luck to realize if he stayed behind, a T-Rex would turn up in his bathtub or something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

One scientist was stydying why planes always crash in the Savage Land, but he didn't survive the surveying trip. Hit by a bus on his way to the airport.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Thaddius the Large posted:

They actually included him, that's why! He just wants to belong.

Alternately, he's aware enough of the Parker luck to realize if he stayed behind, a T-Rex would turn up in his bathtub or something.

He'd feel responsible if he didn't go and someone got hurt. Peter Parker: walking guilt complex.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

haitfais posted:

He'd feel responsible if he didn't go and someone got hurt. Peter Parker: walking guilt complex.

If it were any worse he'd have to be Jewish or Catholic.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

If it were any worse he'd have to be Jewish or Catholic.

Daredevil's kryptonite is his crushing Catholic guilt

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not under Waid's pen. gently caress I loved Waid's run where Murdock is basically "What if Peter Parker wasn't a weenis and actually enjoyed heroics?"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Someone pranked tony by drawing a stache on this helmet

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

joehonkie posted:

For a long time Batman comics was written to imply that the existence of Batman was considered an urban legend in Gotham despite the fact he appeared on official UN-conferences.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Alhazred posted:

For a long time Batman comics was written to imply that the existence of Batman was considered an urban legend in Gotham despite the fact he appeared on official UN-conferences.

The majority of Gotham doesn't get C-SPAN in their cable package because Wayne Enterprises has kept Suddenlink and Dish out of the city.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Alternatively, they know he exists, they just don't believe he actually patrols the streets to interrupt petty crime.

I mean, would you believe that Antonio Guterres was dressing like a bat and beating the poo poo out of muggers in New York?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

Alternatively, they know he exists, they just don't believe he actually patrols the streets to interrupt petty crime.

I mean, would you believe that Antonio Guterres was dressing like a bat and beating the poo poo out of muggers in New York?

If I saw him dressed as a bat with other costumed crimefighter it wouldn't be a huge leap of faith.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Vincent posted:

Doreen is a mutant, though? She was born with her powers, she wasn't bitten by a radioactive squirrel or anything.

Edit:

I think she was introduced as a joke student at Xavier's Home for Kids That Totally Arent Mutants For Really Realsies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Doreen is a mutant, though? She was born with her powers, she wasn't bitten by a radioactive squirrel or anything.
The retconned that away so Doreen didn't have to worry about any of the angsty mutant stuff that's been going on (like the Terrigen mists or whatever). USG is intended to be an angst-free comic.