Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

He probably didn't get knocked out. These rumours go around all the time, it usually turns out that a person got knocked down or hurt and it gets exaggerated. I bet it's something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Conor is an rear end in a top hat whose entire cult is based around believing what you are saying

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

This is why I back Mcgreggor:

This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI2vQGZumlQ&t=52s

Compared to This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCKAPFn0Au0

It's just so calming. Such confidence. Kavanagh is a legend.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Kavanagh's loving poo poo, mate. He's loving poo poo. IT'S loving RAW.

Richard Perez is the goat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I back McGregor because he indirectly gave us that post about orange women and bad posture.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I back McGregor because he indirectly gave us that post about orange women and bad posture.

I back McGregor because he got Charlie Ward into the UFC despite Ward having no business fighting at that level and it ultimately resulted in him getting spiked like a human football.

https://twitter.com/streetfitebanch/status/886720381175963648

As a promoter McGregor knows what the people want to see.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 17, 2017

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Can't wait until Bantamweight McGregor in Bellator gets to the UFC and gets severely derailed.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

threeagainstfour posted:

I back McGregor because he got Charlie Ward into the UFC despite Ward having no business at fighting at that level and it ultimately resulted in him getting spiked like a human football.

The best part of that is that Galore Bofando is a 4-2 nobody who hadn't fought since he beat someone or something called "Kester Mamba" in 2015. They handpicked him to lose to Conor McGregor's Friend and then that happened.

e: both his losses are DQs from kneeing grounded opponents in the head

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The best part of that is that Galore Bofando is a 4-2 nobody who hadn't fought since he beat someone or something called "Kester Mamba" in 2015. They handpicked him to lose to Conor McGregor's Friend and then that happened.

e: both his losses are DQs from kneeing grounded opponents in the head

Before that win in 2015 he hadn't fought since 2012. How was this guy even on their radar.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably a news paper ad in Glasgow.

If you have an MMA record and want some dosh ring 0191xxxxxx

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Le Saboteur posted:

Before that win in 2015 he hadn't fought since 2012. How was this guy even on their radar.

he parked Dana White's car once.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Galore Bofando is what a Bond girl would be named if the James Bond series was about having sex with male robots.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

threeagainstfour posted:

I back McGregor because he got Charlie Ward into the UFC despite Ward having no business fighting at that level and it ultimately resulted in him getting spiked like a human football.
that contract is extremely generous to all his puntable hangers-on

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Probably a news paper ad in Glasgow.

If you have an MMA record and want some dosh ring 0191xxxxxx

Wanted: MMA fighter who can maximize crowd response to mandingo spectacle of Mayweather x McGregor hype strategy.
Experience being born in Africa or having exotic name a plus.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Conor poo poo talking Floyd has been amazing

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Nothing would make me happier than Conor dropping floyd with a head kick

There's a first time for everything. I'll settle for Conor actually landing one.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

When was the last time a major boxing match ended in some kind of shenanigans that caused everyone's crew to rush the ring and start punching each other's heads? Because it's cool when that happens. Other sports dont have that and I imagine a head kick would set that off.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

It's happened at least once in a Mayweather fight after he took a low shot.
e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TcEwUQEAoI

butros fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 18, 2017

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
A Bowe v Golota-esque race riot would be the only thing to make it worth buying the PPV

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Stealth Tiger posted:

When was the last time a major boxing match ended in some kind of shenanigans that caused everyone's crew to rush the ring and start punching each other's heads? Because it's cool when that happens. Other sports dont have that and I imagine a head kick would set that off.

They not have hockey in whichever british country you from

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Conor knocks him out when Mayweather reaches to touch gloves

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

david carmichael posted:

They not have hockey in whichever british country you from

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Stealth Tiger posted:

Dirrell-Uzcategui wasn't a massive event, but it did end in a in ring fight. That was a few months back.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Dirrell-Uzcategui wasn't a massive event, but it did end in a in ring fight. That was a few months back.

The incident in question:
https://twitter.com/theUstance/stat...-jose-uzcategui

And the shot after the bell that instigated it:
https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/...-jose-uzcategui

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

This also wasn't the first time that this sort of thing has happened to Dirrell, both the foul AND the in-ring brawl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qtjqUjfmE&t=4427s

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Of all of the guys who've been built up as the guy who will finally embarrass Mayweather this has to be the funniest one by far.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

To be fair, this whole charade is a pretty big embarrassment to Mayweather

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Who's saying that in this situation, a guy who works for the IRS or

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ugh, I owe the IRS, guess I better fight a 1980s karate movie villain with no professional boxing experience for another 100 millions dollars, this is very embarrassing to me, Floyd Mayweather, a man born without the organ that lets you feel shame.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
my understanding of events thus far is that conor mcgregor was doing standup at the laugh factory and floyd heckled him by yelling "thats uncalled for, that aint called for, form Voltron"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he should have picked a request that his security guards would have actually learned the choreography for during their training like the ginyu force pose

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

threeagainstfour posted:

Charlie Ward gave me a dirty look in the gym once and ever since I've been deeply satisfied whenever he gets knocked out in the UFC. (His chin is dust.)

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
floyd assaults women, can barely read, and doesn't pay his taxes. mcgregor is vaguely racist, has a massive ego and an unhealthy obsession with equivocating wealth and success. if you put these two together they'd be qualified to be POTUS

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Gay Horney posted:

floyd assaults women, can barely read, and doesn't pay his taxes. mcgregor is vaguely racist, has a massive ego and an unhealthy obsession with equivocating wealth and success. if you put these two together they'd be qualified to be POTUS

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

my understanding of events thus far is that conor mcgregor was doing standup at the laugh factory and floyd heckled him by yelling "thats uncalled for, that aint called for, form Voltron"

lol

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gay Horney posted:

mcgregor is vaguely racist, has a massive ego and an unhealthy obsession with equivocating wealth and success

Hey lets be fair, Mayweather is all of those things too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey lets be fair, Mayweather is all of those things too

Aww, it serves the joke (admirably) tho.

• Locked thread