Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I got the feeling that any scene with Ed Sheeran in it was going to be tame, so that sort of gave it away. It was a nice change of pace to have a group of soldiers that weren't bent on making everyone's life as miserable as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I blinked, missed the banner, asked "hey was that a stannis banner" and was directly told "no it was a dragon banner" so I spent all night getting mad over what a LIAR told me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lycus posted:

D&D can ruin my precious immersion with a Mac and Charlie cameo if they like, I'd dig it.

It's revealed that all the Night King needs to do to leave the North is find and pay a troll his toll.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
I'm mad at D&D for not using westerosi actors.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

esperterra posted:

He's got two Grammys and toured with Taylor Swift, he's pretty huge these days. If you listen to top 40 or know any people in their teens or twenties he's hard to avoid. I have friends who listen to his crap all the time.

The scene was fine, his few lines were fine, but it was the kind of cameo that really takes me out of a scene. Especially in what is basically a period drama.

Not the end of the world, just lame.

The cameo itself didn't bother me at all, he actually has quite a lovely voice, but the goons coming in here and going "lol just lol if you don't know who this pop singer is" was pretty loving embarrassing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Max posted:

I got the feeling that any scene with Ed Sheeran in it was going to be tame, so that sort of gave it away. It was a nice change of pace to have a group of soldiers that weren't bent on making everyone's life as miserable as possible.

Yeah, the scene in general was nice. A brief moment of normalcy for Arya while reminding us even Lannister soldiers can be good people.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

WampaLord posted:

The cameo itself didn't bother me at all, he actually has quite a lovely voice, but the goons coming in here and going "lol just lol if you don't know who this pop singer is" was pretty loving embarrassing.

More embarrassing to me are the goons acting high and mighty about not knowing who 'some tween singer' is, because living under a rock is something to brag about.

Like I don't even listen to his music, but it's been hard to avoid not knowing who he is just going through daily life talking to people the past few years, or having to listen to the radio at work or w/e.

It's both sides of a cringe coin.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Le Saboteur posted:

I actually find Sams story the most compelling right now because it feels kind of new I guess. But I don't know what's going to come of it.
Sams going to help get Jorah cured then send him back to Dany with the news about the Night King and dragonglass. That's how they'll pivot dany's plot from being about the iron throne to being about the survival of westeros.

She'll ride her dragons north to meet the night king's army just after the wall comes down or some similarly heroic poo poo.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

esperterra posted:

More embarrassing to me are the goons acting high and mighty about not knowing who 'some tween singer' is, because living under a rock is something to brag about.

Like I don't even listen to his music, but it's been hard to avoid not knowing who he is just going through daily life talking to people the past few years, or having to listen to the radio at work or w/e.

It's both sides of a cringe coin.

GOT SPOILER Thread: both sides of a cringe coin.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is also not Ed Sheeran's first rodeo when it comes to his involvement in what you could consider nerd culture (granted, it was one of the Hobbit films)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mllXxyHTzfg

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

esperterra posted:

Yeah, the scene in general was nice. A brief moment of normalcy for Arya while reminding us even Lannister soldiers can be good people.

It was actually really tense for me because I was like "these guys seem pretty nice, so is Arya going to murk them or what"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I didn''t know who Ed Sheeran was, but my sister recognized him right away, and I think we're both alright people, and the scene was good.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tbh it's very possible he's just more popular in Canada than the States, so I have more exposure to him. Anything British we basically mainline into our veins.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
"What the gently caress is an Ed Sheeran" - me

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sammus posted:

Euron giving Cerci the horn would actually be a nice little twist. Legend has it that whoever blows the horn can control dragons, so she takes it and marries him thinking that she'll get some new pets, then she blows it and dies and he becomes king.
I thought about this as well, but it seems too obvious and anyway mountainstein would surely cut him down immediately. I think the gift is going to be one of the two lesser dragons brought directly, that way Euron controls it and Cercei needs him alive.

Kromlech fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 17, 2017

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

esperterra posted:

tbh it's very possible he's just more popular in Canada than the States, so I have more exposure to him. Anything British we basically mainline into our veins.

Ed Sheeran is pretty popular in the States too, this is just the standard "Goons climbing over each other to loudly announce that they don't recognize that popular thing at all and are better people because of it".

Which is pretty loving ironic in a GoT thread.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

1stGear posted:

Ed Sheeran is pretty popular in the States too, this is just the standard "Goons climbing over each other to loudly announce that they don't recognize that popular thing at all and are better people because of it".

I had a feeling.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Scene was definitely good, it was nice change of pace from all the rape and death. And lol at acting like touring with Taylor swift is supposed to make dude somehow "more" legitimate rather than less so. If living under a rock is all it takes to have never had to listen to a Taylor Swift song I'm happy to do it.

Granted my wife also makes fun of me for this. I'd say I probably got another 5 years or so of bliss. My daughter is only 1 and I'm not gonna be able to avoid it forever.

Edit: Not a better person, just better ears. I'm sure some of you donate to good causes and whatnot. Overall I'm probably a pretty poo poo person.

Harton fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 17, 2017

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Im not american and I never heard of Ed Sheeran

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

1stGear posted:

I've never seen what he looks like, I just hear his terrible garbage on the radio a lot.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

RBA Starblade posted:

I've never seen what he looks like, I just hear his terrible garbage on the radio a lot.

:same:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Harton posted:

Scene was definitely good, it was nice change of pace from all the rape and death. And lol at acting like touring with Taylor swift is supposed to make dude somehow "more" legitimate rather than less so. If living under a rock is all it takes to have never had to listen to a Taylor Swift song I'm happy to do it.

Who was trying to make him more legitimate? My point and other peoples' points were just that he's wildly famous and popular right now. Some pop stars are just names known even if you don't listen to them.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

My brain keeps looking at that dude's name and saying "are you sure you don't mean: Cindy Sheehan?" like his name is getting auto corrected because it looks wrong.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Ed Shireen???

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dolorous Ed Sheeran.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

esperterra posted:

Who was trying to make him more legitimate? My point and other peoples' points were just that he's wildly famous and popular right now. Some pop stars are just names known even if you don't listen to them.

Fair point, it has now managed to wiggle its way into my brain through this dead forum so I'm not immune.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Max posted:

This is also not Ed Sheeran's first rodeo when it comes to his involvement in what you could consider nerd culture (granted, it was one of the Hobbit films)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mllXxyHTzfg

and he was a main character in all of the harry potter movies, for chrissakes

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Hearing this Ed Sheenan guy is popular is like the same as when I hear some random person on Twitch has 100,000 subscribers. It's like who are these people? How do they all know about this person?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I only recognized Ed Sheeran because I saw this tweet earlier in the day.

https://twitter.com/dubstep4dads/status/885640829330530304

Pretty crazy coincidence imo.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Question: So what do goons hate more, Ed Sheeran in Game of Thrones or Michael Rappaport in Justified?

Answer: i hate these dead gay forums

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
What about Jim Broadbent cameo?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
I don't know who that is either but he gave the most charismatic "gently caress off" speech since Alliser Thorne told Sam and Jon they'd die like flies back in season 1, so he's cool as hell in my book

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

benzine posted:

What about Jim Broadbent cameo?

He was awesome, I hope we get a lot more of him.

3Romeo posted:

I don't know who that is either but he gave the most charismatic "gently caress off" speech since Alliser Thorne told Sam and Jon they'd die like flies back in season 1, so he's cool as hell in my book

He was Simon Pegg's police chief in Hot Fuzz and the owner of the Moulin Rouge in Moulin Rouge!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Was Domnhall Gleeson a member of the Nice Lannister Soldiers?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Phi230 posted:

Was Domnhall Gleeson a member of the Nice Lannister Soldiers?

I thought so for a moment but no.

Here's little fisher boy though:

Captain Splendid fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 17, 2017

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Harton posted:

Yeah like YouTube views are an indicator of quality.

They were until last week, when the immortal classic Gangnam Style was knocked out of the top spot by some song from a fast&furious movie.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know who Ed Sheeran is and I suspect that I enjoyed that scene more because of it.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

The Little Kielbasa posted:

They were until last week, when the immortal classic Gangnam Style was knocked out of the top spot by some song from a fast&furious movie.

Lol, this thread is a perfect addition to my hungover slow Monday morning at work. You guys are just the best.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
You know how there's this tween singer no one's ever heard of named Ed Sheeran? Wouldn't it make sense if we put him on the show for no reason? What else is he going to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WampaLord posted:

tho i agree not actually recognizing him is fine, it's actually way more embarrassing that several posters are so goony as to not have heard "shape of you" despite it being goddamn everywhere for months. nobody listens to the radio guys. we still all heard it.

• Locked thread