Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I did a 50/60r with goons the other day and we got the bonus for first time completion. So you don't have to run through them any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

The only atma FATE that is really hard to solo is Surprise! in Upper La Noscea, since you have to keep two NPCs alive and they stand pretty far from each other. If one goes down you get two waves of Overwhelm-using kobolds focusing on one npc and that tends to end badly. You also have to camp it since the NPCs will die almost immediately if you aren't there when it starts.

There's also that FATE just south of Little Ala Mhigo that is mostly bad because it's rare and will fail within 30 seconds if nobody is there when it spawns, but isn't too bad if you actually camp it.

The relic I'm working on is for WHM, it's bad because my WHM is only 50 (53 from all the dungeons and fates for the relic by now) so I can't unsync the level 50 dungeons. It's awesome because the solution to everything is either "more holy" or "aggro everything, use renew a lot".

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to get back into this dumb game again, but while I'm waiting for support to unfuck my account, is there anything in the new expansions for new characters, or can I just play the base game without missing anything?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You're not allowed to play the expansions until you beat the base game.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
The only thing that the expansions give you before lv50 is a playable race.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Oh, OK! That's a lot of money saved, thanks!

And hey, I just found my password again, so I can start unfucking my account myself! As soon as the idiot cool down for my many, many failed log-in attempts is over, that is. :shepface:

Edit:

Wait, gently caress! I still need my one-time password from my app. And my app wants a one-time password for registering, which it tells me I can get after logging into my account. Which I can't because I need a one-time password from my app to log in! What the hell, Square??!

I guess I'm not playing FFXIV today after all. Hopefully support can sort this out, or at least delete my account so I can try again.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 17, 2017

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
My phone decided to just completely reset the software token app on a whim, and my emergency removal password wasn't working either. I went onto SE Support's live chat service and they had my account unshackled within five minutes.

Everybody I've spoken to says that their customer support is total garbage but it's been a total dream every time I've needed it, so here's hoping it's easy for you?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AlexPiglii/status/886037304720150528

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rainuwastaken posted:

My phone decided to just completely reset the software token app on a whim, and my emergency removal password wasn't working either. I went onto SE Support's live chat service and they had my account unshackled within five minutes.

Everybody I've spoken to says that their customer support is total garbage but it's been a total dream every time I've needed it, so here's hoping it's easy for you?

I didn't even know there was an emergency password! But even if knew about this, after years of not using my account chances are, I wouldn't have remembered it anyway.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

unseenlibrarian posted:

Based on the Lorebook, the real Kan-E-Senna fight is a drinking game.

It'll be the Chrono Tirgger mini game with an ATM.

m.hache posted:

Did they nerf the Density requirements on the Heavensward Relic? I'm about to start it up and it looks like the reddit live tracker was shut down like a week ago.

Just curious how painful it will be. I want my shiny Lux bow.

For anyone leveling via PVP and want to work on a relic Frontlines EXCEPT Secure give light.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rainuwastaken posted:

I havent had issues with their customer support, its just slow as molasses some days. But I unlinked my phone security token because the poo poo is garbage that was designed without new phones in mind because it constantly wipes itself every time my phone switches carriers.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have the physical security token and I just noticed like a month ago that it actually has one of those plastic protective shipping sheets on it that I never peeled off. It was very satisfying. A+ would recommend.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah my token on my phone decided to unregister itself. I have no idea why, my phone didn't update or anything and I'm sure the app itself didn't update. Had my emergency removal password written down though but uh.. turns out if you try to register it you get one, 60 minute long passcode every 24 hours. I removed the password during lunch but ended up being called to take a short lunch before I registered so now I gotta wait a day to get my free teleports to Kugane.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

when do we usually get patch notes? Just before downtime? Interested in seeing what the tank changes come out to be.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

queeb posted:

when do we usually get patch notes? Just before downtime? Interested in seeing what the tank changes come out to be.

During downtime is when notes usually come out. Here is a quick rundown on tank changes:

PLD suddenly preferred? Better nerf them quickly because we can't upset the WAR/DRK tank meta from all of HWs.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.

queeb posted:

They'll come out shortly after the servers go down.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Maguoob posted:

During downtime is when notes usually come out. Here is a quick rundown on tank changes:

PLD suddenly preferred? Better nerf them quickly because we can't upset the WAR/DRK tank meta from all of HWs.

war/drk isn't going to be preferred over drk/pld after the patch lol

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
maybe

maybe

all three tank combinations should be somewhat viable

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Maguoob posted:

nice meltdown

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Maguoob posted:

this is one of those OF quotes right

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Under what definition are we using viable? All 3 jobs can do all content just fine. It's just one in particular does it way better and the others just aren't as fun to play.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

drk buffs gonna be good, DRK is hella fun.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

I dunno about you but I'm having an absolute blast playing Dark Arts Knight. Any potency buffs that come along will be icing on the cake.

Speaking of DRK, what am I supposed to do with The Blackest Night beyond softening tankbusters? I hear it's a potency increase due to the blood it gives when it breaks, but I'm not sure how to use it. Do I drop the mana on TBN, then DA a Bloodspiller? Do I just use the Bloodspiller raw? Do I save my DA for Siphon/Souleater, and just always use unaugmented Bloodspiller? I love this class to pieces but basic match is beyond me.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
as someone who mained a class that was colossally overpowered through all of 3.x: people who main an overpowered class then bleat that "the other classes should be brought up to this level" are actual retards. classes aren't just balanced against each other. the three points of the trinity are balanced against each other.

and why the hell should square have to try to rebalance 2-4 classes instead of one to fix a problem? these are the same people who refused to touch sch's fundamental brokenness through the entirety of 3.X, as whm and ast futilely competed to be allowed into the second slot in the raid, with ast finally leaving whm's broken corpse in the street. just lop some amount of potency off of paladin and call it a day.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Rainuwastaken posted:

I dunno about you but I'm having an absolute blast playing Dark Arts Knight. Any potency buffs that come along will be icing on the cake.

Speaking of DRK, what am I supposed to do with The Blackest Night beyond softening tankbusters? I hear it's a potency increase due to the blood it gives when it breaks, but I'm not sure how to use it. Do I drop the mana on TBN, then DA a Bloodspiller? Do I just use the Bloodspiller raw? Do I save my DA for Siphon/Souleater, and just always use unaugmented Bloodspiller? I love this class to pieces but basic match is beyond me.

Between Siphon/Souleater/Bloodspiller, DA adds exactly the same amount of potency (140) -- This should mean that it doesn't matter which one you spend it on, so long as you never sit on capped mana. (Carve and spit gains 350 potency, but isn't spammable)

Edit: In Grit, Bloodspiller gets 175 instead of 140 off of DA, so I guess prioritize it in Grit, if you are on grit on a boss for some reason.

Endings fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 17, 2017

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
They already said they're gonna nerf holy spirit a bit (I heard conflicting reports of a potency reduction and a cast time increase) and some fairly beefy warrior buffs.

The devs actually have a decent track record of listening to feedback and bringing underperforming jobs up instead of nerfing all the good jobs. I'm excited to see what they do, I was avoiding leveling DRK because it sounded like they had several skills that were undertuned as to be never used.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jinh posted:

They already said they're gonna nerf holy spirit a bit (I heard conflicting reports of a potency reduction and a cast time increase) and some fairly beefy warrior buffs.

The devs actually have a decent track record of listening to feedback and bringing underperforming jobs up instead of nerfing all the good jobs. I'm excited to see what they do, I was avoiding leveling DRK because it sounded like they had several skills that were undertuned as to be never used.

yeah, except listing to player feedback leads them to really dark places. AST was fine in 3.3. reddit and the official forums whined about AST incessantly not because it was weak but because it was somewhat trickier to play at the same level and lingering stigma from 3.1 when it really was a dumpster job.

so the devs listened to player feedback, and we got the monstrosity that was 3.4 AST. great job, guys.

e: like i seem to remember yoshi-p literally going on record saying "yeah, balance is disgustingly overpowered now, but you wouldn't stop complaining about ast. we'll rebalance in 4.0. eat poo poo for the next six months, whm players"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
things im predicting:

- drk will get zero changes beyond potency buffs (and i'll feel bad for drks but have no horse in that race)
- verraise will see either an mp cost increase or a 40/60s cooldown. i dont think this would be necessary since raising often just leads to enrage wipes rather than mechanic wipes but it's indisputable that rdms have more utility than the other casters and i dont see them buffing smn/blm utility.
- whm's pleni-whatever skill is going to become significantly easier to use, but the sch buffs are going to cement ast/sch as the Preferred Comp

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Endings posted:

Between Siphon/Souleater/Bloodspiller, DA adds exactly the same amount of potency (140) -- This should mean that it doesn't matter which one you spend it on, so long as you never sit on capped mana. (Carve and spit gains 350 potency, but isn't spammable)

Cool, so all I have to do is make sure to always DA C&S and make sure I don't waste any mana regen? That's what I've been doing so I'm glad to hear it.

Now I just need to get more comfortable dropping grit on the current EX Primals. Those tankbusters are kinda spooky and Grit being on the GCD is a travesty.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yoshi said holy spirit is getting a longer cast time. Besides that, no other nerfs to PLD have been mentioned and instead war is getting reworked in a couple of ways and both war/drk are getting potency buffs.

I still feel like drk needs another cooldown but i havent played with TBN much.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Countblanc posted:

things im predicting:
- drk will get zero changes beyond potency buffs (and i'll feel bad for drks but have no horse in that race)

I'd be cool with Dark Passenger becoming an ability worth having on my bars again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Countblanc posted:

things im predicting:
- whm's pleni-whatever skill is going to become significantly easier to use, but the sch buffs are going to cement ast/sch as the Preferred Comp

I don't know if easier to use is the right term because it's not hard to use. It's just that you get no procs for it ever. The only change it needs is to make it so you actually get procs.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Maguoob posted:

Here is an actual rundown on tank changes:

PLD is cock of the walk right now because, in an expansion where a large number of the jobs have some missteps that need to be corrected as part of the combat redesign, PLD got a perfect setup right out of the box. They have a nice long-duration physical boost CD in Fight or Flight, which boosts the damage of an oGCD that gives them a temporary boost to magic damage under certain conditions, which prompts them to blow their MP on their new damaging spell. Then their optimal melee combo refreshes their MP in time for it all to happen again. PLD slips into it's optimal rotation very intuitively, with allowances made to swap in their hate combo when necessary. Their job gauge builds by itself through blocks and is used to fuel special defensive abilities. PLD is pretty much exactly where you want it to be.

WAR and DRK, on the other hand, are not. WAR suffers far more then the other two tanks for the stance changing penalty to the job gauge because the job is built from the ground up to use that gauge far more than PLD or DRK do. Both jobs are currently suffering from potency issues with some abilities and general clunkiness to play; so there are hard reductions to DPS from potency and soft reductions to DPS because the player controlling them can't get the same performance out of the job as they could with a PLD.

Holy Spirit is getting a bit of a nerf and if you want to debate that I mean there's room on each side, it's not like the spell was turning PLD into a quasi-dps in the same way Fell Cleave was transforming WAR in 3.0, it was just fun and useful and satisfying to pull off. It'll probably still be that on the other side. Nothing mechanically is expected to change with PLD, or PLD's rotation, and it should be just as fun going into Savage as it is right now.

Meanwhile, WAR and DRK are both getting potency buffs to bring them up to PLD's level, and WAR specifically is getting more work done by removing the stance dance penalty (as well as a hilarious admission that, oh yeah, Shake it Off is entirely loving useless in a game where all the debuffs you care about are unremovable so this entire button needs to be redone).

Frankly the fact that they easily identify what's pissing people off with the current jobs at 70 and more importantly are ok with making these changes now, before Savage, speaks well of the whole process here. I doubt everyone will be satisfied with all the changes tomorrow, but if there are still problems I've got enough faith in the dev team to see them fixed over time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't know if easier to use is the right term because it's not hard to use. It's just that you get no procs for it ever. The only change it needs is to make it so you actually get procs.

Eh, it's a bit hard to use too. Almost every major mechanic now shows up on your action bar except it which is back to tiny little buffs on the character bars, and if you have two white mages it's super hard to tell which one actually has the stacks. (Though that's a relatively minor issues.)

It's not like complex or anything but it's really user-unfriendly compared to every other major gimmick mechanic right now.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Countblanc posted:

- verraise will see either an mp cost increase or a 40/60s cooldown. i dont think this would be necessary since raising often just leads to enrage wipes rather than mechanic wipes but it's indisputable that rdms have more utility than the other casters and i dont see them buffing smn/blm utility.

Why? It costs 25% MP as is to use on a job that operates on a steady MP deficit and has only Lucid Dreaming for MP regen. Any time I've had to cast multiple veraises in a short period has left me gassed and nearly useless for a while. Especially since if I'm picking up a healer I'll usually Mana shift them to get them going faster (assuming it's off cool down).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Reiterpallasch posted:

as someone who mained a class that was colossally overpowered through all of 3.x: people who main an overpowered class then bleat that "the other classes should be brought up to this level" are actual retards. classes aren't just balanced against each other. the three points of the trinity are balanced against each other.

and why the hell should square have to try to rebalance 2-4 classes instead of one to fix a problem? these are the same people who refused to touch sch's fundamental brokenness through the entirety of 3.X, as whm and ast futilely competed to be allowed into the second slot in the raid, with ast finally leaving whm's broken corpse in the street. just lop some amount of potency off of paladin and call it a day.

:qq: The devs shouldn't have to do as much design work!

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man I love the playstyle of sch but after maining smn through all of 3.x and changing to rdm it's amazing how nice it feels to not have to wrangle a pet. They're so finicky and unresponsive.

I'm leveling ast and nocturnal stance is kinda similar in that it's kinda proactive but I really just wanna play sch without a fairy. Lustrate owns and now that you can avoid cleric stance altogether it's like a dream come true but hearing about the issues with fairies needing to move and canceling their 70 ability (and smn having the same issue with their demi-bahamut) just cements the bad taste in my mouth.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jinh posted:

DRK mostly has two weird balance points right now:

A) Dark Passenger, basically never worth using right now. Feel free to take it off your bars.
B) Quietus is never worth Dak Artsing.

With Quietus they need to either make the Dark Arts potency baseline or something, because that margin is never going to be worth blowing Dark Arts quantities of MP, or make the Dark Arts version way the gently caress stronger. They intimated they might be adding some kind of entirely new functionality to Quietus? IDK, we'll see what they have in mind.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

:qq: The devs shouldn't have to do as much design work!

the devs gently caress up catastrophically whenever asked to do a lot of design work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Hello RDM friends. I've picked it up and I really enjoy it, but I have one quick question: What number of targets do I start AoEing at, 3?