Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm going to GenCon for the first time this year. My RPG group that introduced me to TAZ are all going as TAZ characters. There aren't really any bald and bearded people left that I can find, and they jokingly suggested Garfield the Deals Warlock. I brushed it off as too much work for my first year.

Then I thought about it more this morning and you know? It's probably not all that bad. Some kind of Garfield mask, a robe, maybe some cat stripe leggings and the voice.

Wizard robes, a wizard hat, a Garfield mask, and maybe a pizza slicer to serve as "The Slicer of T'pire Weir Isles".

That's all you need.

Edit:
Or just get this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Officially-...8oAAOSwCmZZQBe1

And wear a wizard hat and a robe with it.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Boy I sure wish Russ would go away forever. He had one episode where it looked like he was turning it around but then he Russ'd it up. I said it a while ago and others have echo 'd the sentiment, but yeah he's so unapologetically bad that it seems like his dad owns vox

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Somberbrero posted:

I feel like they've been pretty explicit about wanting to start a new campaign run by someone else in the future.

I wonder if they'd be open to get a professional GM like some other play podcasts have or if that be giving up to much authorship

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Who was it that DM'd the Flophouse episodes? That guy's stuff wasn't bad. I think it could be fun to have the 4 of them playing under him.

e: I wonder what a campaign written by Russ would be like.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ImPureAwesome posted:

I wonder if they'd be open to get a professional GM like some other play podcasts have or if that be giving up to much authorship

I think that'd be great, honestly I wouldn't mind terribly if they went back to more goofs and spoofs. The character development stuff is great, it keeps the comedy fresh and engaging, but I'd love to see them just sit back and riff more.

Speaking of goofs and spoofs, Touch the Skyrim. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJkc5d6BWwA

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
New Touch The Skyrim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJkc5d6BWwA

E: yeah what they said^

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm laughing myself to death at the thought of a "professional" GM.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgdtULXNyds
Lots of Nick & Griffin today

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Democratic Pirate posted:

I heard it as "live eps while we brainstorm ideas for the next campaign, then we live-workshop some one-off stories in the different worlds to see what's best."

Also the only stream of Awful Squad I have watched was very boring because it was Russ picking up and dropping guns while Griffin was yelling "holy poo poo things are popping off here" and coordinating boat escapes in the background.

This is unironically my favorite, the idea that amazing action movie poo poo is going down off-camera while Russ carefully manages his inventory makes me laugh so hard.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Just catching the tail end of Justin's last stand in that one zombie's game as Russ fumbles with the camera controls was pretty funny yeah.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

How come max fun never put out their podcasts at a consistent time? Some weeks I get SPY/MBMBaM while I'm still at work, sometimes after I get home. It's freakin' annoying!!!! I wish they were waiting when I woke up, like literally every other podcast network :thunk:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Was Hodgepodge the part where Justin freaked out about Griffin almost not letting him use his History stat? That was very funny

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

myron cope posted:

Was Hodgepodge the part where Justin freaked out about Griffin almost not letting him use his History stat? That was very funny

'doug math', yes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

myron cope posted:

Yeah. I also love Hodgepodge, and Crystal Kingdom in general, because it's one of the first times Griffin really goes all out on post-production editing to enhance the show and it's immersion.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like Pedals but I also like Crystal Kingdom more, it's probably my favorite arc, maybe tied with Murder

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Kept you waiting, huh?! in the new TTS loving killed me

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I like Crystal Kingdom, it's just overlong and has too many fights, none of which are super interesting (which sticks out after the series of cool fights that comprise the last half of Petals)

I'm also not inclined to hammer on a first time GM and inexperienced fiction writer too hard for padding out his family DnD game with some fluff fights and clunky exposition. Like by any reasonable standard, (thirtyunderthirtymedialuminary) Griffin McElroy's work with TAZ is a towering achievement.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Crystal Kingdom is my least favorite just because of how strong it starts before gradually petering out into nothing. It really peaks with HodgePodge from a comedic standpoint while also peaking with Merle's arm from a "dramatic" standpoint, and nothing afterwards really compares in either of those areas.

However, it's still Pretty Good.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

SpacePig posted:

Who was it that DM'd the Flophouse episodes? That guy's stuff wasn't bad. I think it could be fun to have the 4 of them playing under him.

Stuart Wellington, he literally owns a lightly D&D-themed bar in Brooklyn.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Organza Quiz posted:

I hate hodgepodge only because I was yelling in my car like a crazy person for a good ten minutes or so while they repeatedly failed to solve a very simple puzzle :(

This was me during Rockport Limited. No one is supposed to be able to enter or exit the engineer's room guys!!! But you know Jenkins did!!! Oh my god it's right there pay attention!!!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Did they pull the episode for today?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/887129831900680192

Island Boy is still on Island Time

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

showbiz_liz posted:

Stuart Wellington, he literally owns a lightly D&D-themed bar in Brooklyn.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he GMd the next TAZ game and Clint dropped out.
Clint is great but seems really frustrated most of the time.

Plus Stuart has a great voice and a very even demeanor.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Inzombiac posted:

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he GMd the next TAZ game and Clint dropped out.

Plus Stuart has a great voice and a very even demeanor.

I think Clint just likes hanging out with his sons. I'd really like to see him in the GM role.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

Yeah they should definitely try to get Stuart on a test run. His one-off was my favorite one.

Also, Clint quitting, perish the thought.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The best arc is Here There Be Gerblins.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I've never gotten this impression. He does play up being put-upon frequently, though.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

thexerox123 posted:

I've never gotten this impression. He does play up being put-upon frequently, though.

That's his old man comedy schtick and boy does it work for me

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I want a series where Sydney and Teresa and Rachel have a go at a game with them

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
one of the games they've discussed is clint GMing a superhero game

he's not going anywhere

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I think Clint is staying but I personally will be frustrated if we have any more long combat scenes where the cleric doesn't have spells due to Plot Reasons.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I would loving love to hear Clint design what he thinks are really clever puzzles for his game, only to have Griffin blow through them in seconds.

I never thought Griffin's puzzles were hard but the boys tend to miss the point entirely, get distracted, and try to find some other solution because they think the puzzle is intentionally impossible.

Griffin seems much more fluent in solving video game puzzles and could crush the poo poo out of whatever HodgePodge bullshit Clint threw their way.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ojjeorago posted:

The best arc is Here There Be Gerblins.

This is still one of the best bits they've ever done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEMQI8bRnUo

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I don't want Clint to quit, he makes me laugh.

I mean they're all really funny guys, but for whatever reason Clint gets the biggest laughs out of me.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ekeog posted:

I think Clint is staying but I personally will be frustrated if we have any more long combat scenes where the cleric doesn't have spells due to Plot Reasons.

Judging from the latest episode, I get the feeling that won't be the case anymore.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There literally never been any indication that Clint would stop playing, people. God dang

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kidcoelacanth posted:

There literally never been any indication that Clint would stop playing, people. God dang

Exactly. I was just saying that if anyone did, I'd bet it would be him.
I agree about the powerless cleric frustration. The Paladin in the Glass Canon podcast has lost his powers due to alignment shift and it's really turned the party dynamic on its head.

It makes sense that Merl was cut off but Griffin shout have given him something to compensate. Clint didn't do anything wrong and was loyal to Pan.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ekeog posted:

I get the feeling that Isthus (sp?) is going to intervene to help Merle if Pan doesn't come back. Griffin mentioned her specifically, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her show up.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SpacePig posted:

I get the feeling that Isthus (sp?) is going to intervene to help Merle if Pan doesn't come back. Griffin mentioned her specifically, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her show up.

Yeah some major intervention is bound to happen, I just am hoping it happens prior to any more drawn out 'and then the level 15 or whatever cleric swings his weapon, again, because he can't do anything'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

SpacePig posted:

Istus.

The problem is that Istus is in the same boat as all the other gods. As we learned at the beginning of the latest episode, while they are not dead, they are cut off from the prime material plane. Here's my speculation for how that's going to play out. Spoilered in case any of it comes true.

Lucas learned the hard way that perfectly circular gems don't just let you see into the other planes, they are full-on portals. His Cosmoscope still has a portal to the Celestial Plane in it. I think he's going to use his scientific expertise to send a signal through that portal; a beacon that the gods can use to locate and use the portal.