Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/16/ohio-state-coma-zach-lawrence
Ohio State fan in coma asked if he likes Michigan responds: 'No'
Car crash victim and lifelong Buckeyes fan Zach Lawrence, 38, has given his family hope by pressing button twice emphasizing his loathing for football rivals

Why doesn't Urban Meyer go for a visit? I'm sure he'd reach up to shake his hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Went on a date tonight and the girl is from Huntsville, AL. She told me that Tennessee and Bama don't have a rivalry and that she's both a Bama and Auburn fan because state allegiances matter more than "old" rivalries.

I was simultaneously angry for Tennessee, Bama and Auburn fan bases. It was weird.

I hope you walked out and left her with the bill. That is bullpoo poo.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Joey Freshwater posted:

Went on a date tonight and the girl is from Huntsville, AL. She told me that Tennessee and Bama don't have a rivalry and that she's both a Bama and Auburn fan because state allegiances matter more than "old" rivalries.

I was simultaneously angry for Tennessee, Bama and Auburn fan bases. It was weird.

This girl is an A+ troll, marry her.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frinkahedron posted:

This.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

sever

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Frinkahedron posted:

I didn't consider this, but I've changed my mind.

Visit her on bended knee.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
She was completely serious. She didn't attend either school which isn't really a surprise. She got mad when I told her if she thought any of that was true she didn't know anything about the SEC.

She'd told me she was a big fan of the SEC even though she went to Minnesota. She's also a Pats fan.

I kind of hate her a little bit.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Joey Freshwater posted:

She was completely serious. She didn't attend either school which isn't really a surprise. She got mad when I told her if she thought any of that was true she didn't know anything about the SEC.

She'd told me she was a big fan of the SEC even though she went to Minnesota. She's also a Pats fan.

I retract what I said earlier.

:sever:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I want to watch football with her

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
If you gently caress her I guarantee the rubber breaks and she gets pregnant.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Seriously, you're trying to get with a GOPHER? The only dopier name I can think of for a team is the "Crimson".

At least "Crimson Tide" is somewhat cool.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I feel like, that's trouble right there. She'll get you into trouble somehow with attitudes like that.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What can I say it was a Bumble date. On her profile thing she'd written out a list of "likes" and SEC football was one of them

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

If you gently caress her I guarantee the rubber breaks and she gets pregnant.

SEC fan, so that one's staying pregnant too.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Joey Freshwater posted:

she'd written out a list of "likes" and SEC football was one of them

The gently caress she does. Yankee go home! Is Phyllis's husband still alive? Mulga wouldn't be too bad a drive.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Going to Minnesota but watching something other than minnesota football just shows she's smart

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

What can I say it was a Bumble date. On her profile thing she'd written out a list of "likes" and SEC football was one of them

Huge red flag, up there with "sapiosexual"

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska lost CB/probably best player on D Chris Jones to a meniscus tear for 4-6 months, hooray~

E: And hey, Joey, at least it's better than meeting a girl who abhors football. I'd certainly never call that a dealbreaker, but around here, it'd be like ... "Well, I'm going to have something going on for like 12 Saturdays later this year; hope that's cool"

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 17, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Episode two of Big Dumb Ten is up now. MV now has permission to go full Iowa Twitter Fan on us. Also I get to relive every painful Sparty No! moment:
https://soundcloud.com/bigdumbten/episode-2-a-refresher-course-in-bad-draft-picks

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

vyst posted:

Should use that neckerchief to pick up that cute doggos poo poo

Joey Freshwater posted:

Sever. Hit the gym.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Consider becoming a eunuch and not having any dastardly feminine seductress ruin your journey to football enlightenment

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The SEC is my favorite football team

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Consider becoming a eunuch and not having any dastardly feminine seductress ruin your journey to football enlightenment

She probably would have wanted to get married on a Saturday in the fall and gently caress that noise

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot take: gently caress big marriage ceremonies in general. Go to the court house and get it over with.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

iospace posted:

Hot take: gently caress big marriage ceremonies in general. Go to the court house and get it over with.

Is this the "act like you've been there before" of marriage takes?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nah, I hate wedding ceremonies after having to sit through one too many

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Weddings are dope

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

iospace posted:

As an in-between choice, be like me: go to Vegas and rent the mid-level chapel at the Mandalay Bay. Invite no more than the parents and two friends apiece. Short ceremony, beautiful location, and then all of you go get drunk at the Rainforest Cafe and gamble instead of having a reception.

Now, don't be like me and marry a violent alcoholic with borderline personality disorder. I can't possibly stress that part enough.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

iospace posted:

Nah, I hate wedding ceremonies after having to sit through one too many

I also hate free food and booze and the electric slide

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Weddings are dope

I'd correct this to receptions are dope.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Speaking of SEC superiority

Former Bama RB and 49ers RB is coming back to football at the age of 30. He retired after like one or two seasons to up and join the military

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/4...=trueAnthem%3A+

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

iospace posted:

I did that and it was great. Whole thing took half an hour (maybe an hour if you include the license), and then I went to the gym. No stress, no obligation, no planning, no bullshit.

e: whoops, I just realized this isn't the chat thread. My bad.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 17, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

I'd correct this to receptions are dope.

Love is very good and cool imo.

Also most ceromonies I've been too lately (and I've been to like 6 already this year) have been like 15 minutes tops but maybe that's a product of living in godless California

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
After all my rich friends' weddings, I feel like any wedding I have will be poo poo in comparison

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Weddings are highly variable - wife's work friend wedding - probably going to be terrible. Your first friend from college to get married - probably going to be real fun unless anybody involved is religious.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 17, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Weddings are highly variable - wife's work friend wedding - probably going to be terrible.

Counterpoint: nah

Have some drinks, meet some new people, dance, have fun

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Best wedding I ever went to was at my cousin's grandparents house at in the woods. Had a big bbq and poo poo.

Good times.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fluffdaddy posted:

I also hate free food and booze and the electric slide

In order: wedding food is ok, lol if it's an open bar, sure, but good luck with that, and gently caress the electric slide

Randaconda posted:

Best wedding I ever went to was at my cousin's grandparents house at in the woods. Had a big bbq and poo poo.

Good times.

Strong avatar post combo here.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

In order: wedding food is ok, lol if it's an open bar, sure, but good luck with that, and gently caress the electric slide

Strong avatar post combo here.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I've been in 4 weddings in the last year. All four were pretty great ceremonies for godless heathens. None of them lasted more than 20 minutes. Sister's was the best ceremony as you'd expect from a theater major.

Receptions varied. Almost got laid at one, but got a little too intoxicated and ran off to follow some people to a sleeping couch instead. Ate some sweet-rear end Russian food (plus Franklin BBQ for the "rehearsal dinner") for the 2nd. Danced a bunch at another because the DJ was actually pretty good at getting people to the floor. Ate too much at the fourth because they catered BBQ and tacos and hells yeah I can get down to some BBQ and tacos, even if it's heathen Florida BBQ and Tacos.

The takeaway? Food doesn't matter as long as it's there and can be served quickly, have an open bar (and don't forget the Tonic if you're going to have gin), get a DJ that'll play a mix of classic rock anthems and modern beats (bonus points for electro swing), and gently caress the electric slide.

• Locked thread