Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Studio posted:

Followers or Viewers? No one cares about followers, viewers are good tho.

Unique Discord Members aka community.

I don't stream too often right now because I couldn't imagine people watching PUBG for long stretches of time. There is a lot of slow time in the game, even though I do play fairly aggressively. Custom games would be way more interesting to stream because its something newish and if you set the rules properly you encourage people to fight instead of hide. But then I guess we've hit a chicken or the egg conundrum.

Also, when I stream, I can't record in native quality, so either I lose video for my highlight clips, or I can get it off Twitch, but it will be much lower quality and the sound will be desynced.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

ControlledBurn posted:

Who wants this crossbow quiver?

I do. One day I'm getting that xbow kill

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Just do what I do and run with 2 crossbows.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Getting a headshot with one through a window from nearly 100 meters is one of my biggest gently caress yea moments in this game

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hi, I'm Weedbabygoku420 and I haven't got a second molotov kill, since the very first Thrills and Kills video. Also, I have two crossbow kills, neither impressive enough to make it into a video. I assure you, I have tens of kills with all the other weapons in the game. You can probably say they're not very good weapons.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I don't stream too often right now because I couldn't imagine people watching PUBG for long stretches of time. There is a lot of slow time in the game, even though I do play fairly aggressively. Custom games would be way more interesting to stream because its something newish and if you set the rules properly you encourage people to fight instead of hide. But then I guess we've hit a chicken or the egg conundrum.

Also, when I stream, I can't record in native quality, so either I lose video for my highlight clips, or I can get it off Twitch, but it will be much lower quality and the sound will be desynced.

Million credit idea: app that notifies you when Famous Streamer is in the top 10 so it's actually exciting to watch. I watched BreaK earlier stay in the gas looting until there was only 20 left before he finally drove into the circle :psyduck:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Guys I found a backpack do we all have one

"Found a pan"
"We only call level 2 things"

Pan is the level 2 melee weapon. :mad:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
One time my entire squad went down so I ran in and killed 3 guys with a shotgun, ran out of ammo, and switched to the pan to beat the last guy to death. The pan is top-tier.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Sure love how you can throw a flashbang at someones feet and then they just step out and one tap you with the shotgun completely unaffected thanks bluehole :thumbsup:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Nevvy Z posted:

"Found a pan"

Always call the pan

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
pans literally will save your butt

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Always Be Panning.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Just Chamber posted:

Getting a headshot with one through a window from nearly 100 meters is one of my biggest gently caress yea moments in this game

The thing seems to hit the ground after 30m for me. Where are the tracer bolts gently caress

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

How can people possibly be looking forward to First Person servers when every single windowsill, fence, oil can and random piece of junk is exactly high enough that you shoot directly into it when trying to use it as cover?

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Fart Car '97 posted:

How can people possibly be looking forward to First Person servers when every single windowsill, fence, oil can and random piece of junk is exactly high enough that you shoot directly into it when trying to use it as cover?

But that will be true for everyone, and no one can third-person spy on you, which is unrealistic. It'll be more engagement opportunities I think, because people won't be able to prone out under a window and still see outside.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Fart Car '97 posted:

Because 3rd person can be abused to camp from safe spots, which some people don't like. If it's 1st person you will have to expose yourself to get information.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
90% of the time I've seen anyone try to use a molotov they just end up lighting themselves on fire.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Take a molotov for end game tree campers. It flushes people out quick

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

90% of the time I've seen anyone try to use a molotov they just end up lighting themselves on fire.

The other 10% of the time it just paints a giant flaming arrow in the sky pointing to their position

Athanatos posted:

Wouldn't a frag be better, in that it might actually kill them?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I've been hit dead on by a molotov and it did nothing, didn't light me on fire and I walked out of the flames like nothing ever happened

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fart Car '97 posted:

I've been hit dead on by a molotov and it did nothing, didn't light me on fire and I walked out of the flames like nothing ever happened

You probably looked badass as gently caress, though.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I hit a dude with molotov and he died, most of the time I throw it too high and it breaks mid air a billion miles away from whoever I threw it at. I wish you could throw them in front of cars to light cars on fire that would give them a niche of some kind at least.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beach Bum posted:

Did you get it on a personal code or is there some site-wide promo? Still shows full price on the product page. Trying to get a buddy a copy.

Thought it was a site-wide, but re-looked at it and its a personal one.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

VulgarandStupid posted:

Same, I had one dude watching mine during my 13 hour stream for something dumb like 6-8 hours. And since everyone is posting twitch links i might as well get on that bandwagon since im a terrible nerd.

Molotovs are ace. watching pubbies overcook them and immolating themselves is always amazing to watch. :allears:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Nevvy Z posted:

"Found a pan"

It's the only thing I actually call solely to gloat to the rest of the squad that I have one and they don't.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

TwatHammer posted:

Same, I had one dude watching mine during my 13 hour stream for something dumb like 6-8 hours. And since everyone is posting twitch links i might as well get on that bandwagon since im a terrible nerd.

Molotovs are ace. watching pubbies overcook them and immolating themselves is always amazing to watch. :allears:

I'll watch your stuff (but your overlay is covering some prime real estate)! Twitch is weird, I never have viewers but one day some people just randomly started watching me... For like 4 hours while we dicked around in PUBG. I mean, we won a few and had mostly top 10s, but still, no idea why they were watching me.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm more used to playing Battlefield games than Arma so 1st person only will feel more at home to me.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

Molotovs are just a giant 'look at me!' indicator though.

Give me some WP grenades and make them scarily similar to smoke grenades so people freak the gently caress out.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Party Plane Jones posted:

Molotovs are just a giant 'look at me!' indicator though.

Give me some WP grenades and make them scarily similar to smoke grenades so people freak the gently caress out.

PUBG does need more war crimes.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Sultan Tarquin posted:

PUBG does need more war crimes.

BF1 poison gas grenades please

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I actually killed someone with a successfully utilized stun grenade. Dude was camping the top of the stairs in a small house, just staring down at the only way up. Instead of risking him getting the drop on me, I tossed a stun at the bottom of the stairs. I knew it worked because he immediately started firing his AR at nothing and panic running around the bedrooms :v:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

BF1 poison gas grenades please

something like this would be a really useful anti-camping measure

though adding bullet penetration for wallbanging would also be a big asset in that area

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Today, we solved a great murder mystery.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159897927

Last night, we were in pretty dire straights due to being outside the next white cirle. Just then, a squad of idiots rolls up to us in a UAZ. I quickly down two of them, and before I can kill the third, a teammate shoots out the tire trying to kill a downed guy. I systematically execute the third guy, but the damage is done. Don't murder poor defenseless tires on the cars you need. Don't be Lohli.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
One tire out you can still do about half car speed, it just takes forever to get up to that speed and if you're on an upwards slope you're boned. Two you're absolutely hosed.

edit: can you even destroy motorcycle tires

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 17, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Party Plane Jones posted:

One tire out you can still do about half car speed, it just takes forever to get up to that speed and if you're on an upwards slope you're boned. Two you're absolutely hosed.

edit: can you even destroy motorcycle tires

Half speed = dead speed in squad.

Conversely, in Arma 3 running into just about any fence at 10mph or higher would flatten the fence but also wreck a tire. They had repair kits for tires, but I'm pretty sure what we have in PUBG is the preferable set up.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Already got mine against a guy with an auto shotty. Not gonna lie, was really satisfying.

I wish they would replace it with something more useful though. It's more something to screw around with than a mid or end game weapon.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Also blowing out a tire makes that vehicle turn slightly in that direction at all times. It's annoying as gently caress.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

GaussianCopula posted:

Because 3rd person can be abused to camp from safe spots, which some people don't like. If it's 1st person you will have to expose yourself to get information.

I am absolutely one of those dicks who will sit behind a corner waiting in third person and pop out to kill guys who come up to it and even I'm looking forward to first person.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Played one game on a break at work, made it to ~ 30 left and found the awesome bullpup thing in a crate. Promptly tried to defend the empty crate using said bullpup from the 2nd guy to drive up. I hope he makes use of the gun, because my ragdoll corpse flew about 50 yards when he clipped me at full speed after I potatoed every shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

got my first chicekn dinner and hooooly poo poo is my adrenaline going nuts

• Locked thread