Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

I put a first draft of a zeta guide on the goon sheet (link in the OP). Veterans feel free to give me feedback and point out dumb mistakes. New players: hope you find the info helpful.

Definitely found it helpful. I just dumped my first zeta on QGJ because I don't really have a good team around Vader, yet. It was helpful to see how Yoda figures into a strong Jedi team. Jedi seem to be one of the best teams for FTP players other than that Kenobi guy who just requires you to ride the coattails of better teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Hit 50 and unlocked mods. How big a deal are these right off the bat?
I only get 1 pip mods, with a chance of getting 2 pips (haven't gotten any yet)
I was able to clear world 1, which all rewards health% set bonuses, but world 2 was too difficult.
Is it worth chucking a set of 6 health bonus modules, and max-leveling them, on my main team? The stats are fairly small, it is mostly the set bonus that is noticeable. It would mean 30% more health on all my main dudes which is quite alright but it would also cost me all my money.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Definitely give those basic mods to your dudes. Getting the 1* and 2* mods to level 15 costs very little compared to the half a million space bux to max a 5* mod. Don't be afraid to farm the arrow enough to get speed as the primary stat. At level 15 that's something like +17 speed and you will really feel the difference. I wouldn't worry about world 2+ until after you've gotten your guys to 7* and have gotten the health mod challenge maxed out so you can start farming 5* mods when you aren't busy farming Wedge or Lando to 7*.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
So is the gar saxon ship worth investing in? This would mean that i need to farm gar saxon and imperial commando, gear them to at least gear 8 and star up the ship.

Ship appears in fleet shipments, so it would be a long grind, but i have some odd 10k shard shop currency on the side and i could get it to 5* pretty quickly.

I'm running Tarkin with TFP, Biggs, Vader, Geo Soldier, Jedi Consular with Sun Fac and Boba on reinforcments and i get top 20 daily. Would this ship tip the bar and get me in first place? What's the general opinion.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mister Blueberry posted:

So is the gar saxon ship worth investing in? This would mean that i need to farm gar saxon and imperial commando, gear them to at least gear 8 and star up the ship.

Ship appears in fleet shipments, so it would be a long grind, but i have some odd 10k shard shop currency on the side and i could get it to 5* pretty quickly.

I'm running Tarkin with TFP, Biggs, Vader, Geo Soldier, Jedi Consular with Sun Fac and Boba on reinforcments and i get top 20 daily. Would this ship tip the bar and get me in first place? What's the general opinion.

If there's a new ship worth your time, it's the gauntlet.

It is arguably questionable that any new ship is worth your time.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Having decent success with

5*Lando (L), 4*STH, 4*Tarkin, 4*Bobba Phat and 4*JC for both GW (cleared it 3 days in a row now!) and arena (just hit rank 700) They all have Gear VI, with JC having VII.

I also have 4*Dooku, 3*RG, 5*Biggs. (all gear V) Would any of these provide for a better lineup than my current main squad? I honestly have not gotten impressed by Biggs so far. Dooku used to be great when i got him but as i progressed in player and gear levels it felt like other characters overtook him. RG have never impressed me. Maybe i am just not using any of these last 3 correctly.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

Having decent success with

5*Lando (L), 4*STH, 4*Tarkin, 4*Bobba Phat and 4*JC for both GW (cleared it 3 days in a row now!) and arena (just hit rank 700) They all have Gear VI, with JC having VII.

I also have 4*Dooku, 3*RG, 5*Biggs. (all gear V) Would any of these provide for a better lineup than my current main squad? I honestly have not gotten impressed by Biggs so far. Dooku used to be great when i got him but as i progressed in player and gear levels it felt like other characters overtook him. RG have never impressed me. Maybe i am just not using any of these last 3 correctly.

RG is for tanking, so you don't really need him and STH in the lineup together. RG, though, has two big things going for him. First being his stun chance on his main attack, which has saved me on many occasions. The second is his taunt, which triggers automatically whenever one of your toons drops below 50% health. Not needing to wait for his turn to come up to taunt is a pretty big deal. With RG and a healer in my lineup (one of my heroes drops below 50%, RG taunts, giving me enough time to get around to my healer bringing both the hero and RG back up in health), I can become pretty difficult to kill. The defense buff is also nice.

But he can't hit for poo poo and, like I said, if you want to push STH, you don't really need RG, unless you start building an Empire team.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I would say bringing two tanks has some merit. Taunt juggling can be an effective and frustrating tactic and RG is one of the better options for this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

If there's a new ship worth your time, it's the gauntlet.

It is arguably questionable that any new ship is worth your time.

Yeah, Gauntlet shards are on my "do buy when available" list, but I'm not burning shard shop currency on it or Gar/SC.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 17, 2017

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Don't lose faith in Biggs. He gets super nasty pretty quick, especially in a team with other big hitters that can get called to assist. Plus, his ship is priceless. In my arena teams I have him better geared and leveled than the rest of the squad and he nukes the target whenever his special comes up. The lower overall group power has helped keep my GW from being anything he can't handle. I don't recommend it as a strategy, just that I value his power in GW and ships more than the rest of the wankers I put in there with him.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Yeah, Biggs is pretty great, especially when he has Wedge as his team leader. My Rebel team can punch way over it's weight limit.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Whoa, did something happen to the QuiGoonJin guild? Or did I accidentally quit it?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AndyElusive posted:

Whoa, did something happen to the QuiGoonJin guild? Or did I accidentally quit it?

You either quit or got booted for extended inactivity, it should still be cooking.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

You either quit or got booted for extended inactivity, it should still be cooking.

I actually think I got an invite from some rando guild and accidentally accepted it in a flurry of screen tapping, thus resulting in me quitting QGJ since I haven't been inactive for that long.

How do I rejoin?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Get on the Discord maybe, by as far as I know you can't join a guild without leaving first.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Get in the 'cord and ask Vallis for an invite

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mister Blueberry posted:

I think if the Phoenix/Thrawn thing has shown us anything, you should keep stockpiles of various currency. I have started keeping 10K arena/GW/Cantina currency in reserve, and save all my shard shop money as well. I'm starting to run out of crappy guys to get in those three, then I will really start stockpiling (except for arena, will probably buy credits there when I get too much of that)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

AndyElusive posted:

I actually think I got an invite from some rando guild and accidentally accepted it in a flurry of screen tapping, thus resulting in me quitting QGJ since I haven't been inactive for that long.

How do I rejoin?

Vallis made room if you want to re-apply.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

two_step posted:

I think if the Phoenix/Thrawn thing has shown us anything, you should keep stockpiles of various currency. I have started keeping 10K arena/GW/Cantina currency in reserve, and save all my shard shop money as well. I'm starting to run out of crappy guys to get in those three, then I will really start stockpiling (except for arena, will probably buy credits there when I get too much of that)

I think you are better off buying shards of toons that you allready have for the shard shop instead of credits, in arena shipments at least. You never know when there will be another baze/nihilus in shard shop. Got my DN to 6 stars just with the shop, now its 50 days until i get him to 7*. Much better than if it was, i dunno 300 days :unsmith:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Got any insider info on the ETA of the new game mode Mal?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Got any insider info on the ETA of the new game mode Mal?

According to previous announcements, I'm going to guess it's August... unless that's the Luke event, in which case I would guess... December? It took them a long-rear end time to finally drop ships too.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chilichimp posted:

According to previous announcements, I'm going to guess it's August... unless that's the Luke event, in which case I would guess... December? It took them a long-rear end time to finally drop ships too.

Winter is coming?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

Winter is coming?

Fire and Niiiiiiiice :smug::respek::smug:

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
I have a lvl 51 squad built around Jedi speed, just kinda trying to do my own thing. I have

Luminara
Ezra
Qui-Gon (L)
Savage
Chewie

I was considering replacing Chewie with Kanan and maybe adding in Mace, any thoughts on those two?

Also what's the best way to invite to a goon guild? Look at the spreadsheet? My ingame name is Lazyboy

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I've added Kanan to my rebel team and he's pretty baller. Useful with Jedi as well.

You should work on getting ImaGunDi, his countering is great especially if you get Ayala up as well. Mace is poo poo.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Burning_Monk posted:

I've added Kanan to my rebel team and he's pretty baller. Useful with Jedi as well.

You should work on getting ImaGunDi, his countering is great especially if you get Ayala up as well. Mace is poo poo.

Mace only really has one useful skill, breaking taunts, and QGJ can do that and more.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Dirt Worshipper posted:

I have a lvl 51 squad built around Jedi speed, just kinda trying to do my own thing. I have

Luminara
Ezra
Qui-Gon (L)
Savage
Chewie

I was considering replacing Chewie with Kanan and maybe adding in Mace, any thoughts on those two?

Also what's the best way to invite to a goon guild? Look at the spreadsheet? My ingame name is Lazyboy

Mace fills the same roll as Qui Gon, only with slightly more damage and no buff late game (AKA only worse). OTOH, he's an admiral and his cap ship is really good, so it may be worth using him for now anyway. IGD/Aayla are your counter attacking Jedi, but personally I'd go with Mace to prep ships and JKAnakin until you get Yoda.

Definitely replace Chewie with Kanan.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Luminara
Ezra
Qui-Gon (L)
Savage
Chewie

Kanaan is a poor man's Kenobi and will do fine for you in place of Chewbacca. If you're just all about them jedi's and meta/advice be damned, I'd recommend Anakin for your 5th jedi. He and Ezra together are a lot of damage potential. He's going to be farmable from Cantina Battles when you're higher level.

Also, healing gets to be kind of worthless the higher you go in Arena, so eventually look to swap out Luminara for Yoda. Since you're focusing Jedi, you'll be able to get him pretty quickly.

Post your ally code here, ask in the Discord. Don't know if the second guild has room right now or not. Vallis (Mod in discord) is the current Qui Goon Jinn guild leader.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 18, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Note that Plo Koon is an underrated and overlooked Jedi that actually has a very solid kit well suited for a full Jedi squad, especially at lower level.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

Note that Plo Koon is an underrated and overlooked Jedi that actually has a very solid kit well suited for a full Jedi squad, especially at lower level.

How is his ship? Just unlocked it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Burning_Monk posted:

How is his ship? Just unlocked it.

Great on offense, too complex for the AI to use properly on defense.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

Great on offense, too complex for the AI to use properly on defense.

Okay, fair enough.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Mace & Plo Koon probably keep a taunt up all the time.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mace Windu, at least until he gets a rework, is a useless piece of poo poo toon. His admiral ship is great, yes, but you are better off with Tarkins ship and Tarkin is a way better toon overall, arena and raids included.

Working on dark side ships and pilots is your better option than republic at the moment. You will start getting empire toons and maybe be able to unlock R2 next time he comes around. Start working on Tie Fighter pilot, his ship is great and he's invaluable in HAAT and Rancor raids. Boba fett is a great toon with a great ship. You need him for scoundrel heists anyway.

Your Jedi lineup will be QGJ(L), Anakin, Aayla, Ezra, Kanan. Ezra will kill stuff, Kanan is better than Chewie in every way.

That is until you unlock Yoda, where you want to swap him in if you are running into too much debuffing toons. Ezra and Kanan will run into trouble later on when they start encountering Tarkin in arena because they are rebels and they can't resist his debuff.

Then, you will unlock General Kenobi and R2, in a year or so, and you will have a good jedi squad, but my thoughts are that the power creep would have rendered them obsolete by then.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, Jedi Luke is more or less confirmed so there is some hope left at least !

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Seconding Tarkin ship. Once it gets strong enough the ship fights mostly turn into "if I can last 5 turns, I've won"

The only teams I hesitate to click on anymore are other Tarkin ship teams.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

What makes Tie Fighter Pilot so great? I've got him at 5 stars, and I see everyone saying he's vital for raids, but reading his skills he only seems decent. I've barely trotted him out, though.

Is it his increased strength/turn meter for debuffs? Inflicting buff immunity?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

What makes Tie Fighter Pilot so great? I've got him at 5 stars, and I see everyone saying he's vital for raids, but reading his skills he only seems decent. I've barely trotted him out, though.

He applies tenacity down, which helps characters like Jyn, FOO, Teebo, etc more reliably land their turn-meter-down, and also helps characters that apply speed down to more reliably land that. This makes him bonkers for raids.

He's also fast as hell, lands group buff immunity, and hits like a loving freight train.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

So it's a few things in a few different places:

First off, in general, he hits real hard.

Second, for the Rancor, the big thing TFP brings is Tenacity Down. This is HUGE. It means you can basically ignore stacking potency on your other four characters (who are there to do things like reduce turn meter), and the rancor will very rarely resist. Given that your only other options to reliably inflict ten down are Dengar and Krennic... TFP is a much better and easier option. Especially as an empire toon who works with Vader.

Third, for the AAT, is the way that, in P3, you can keep seven targets rebuffed, making him super fast and hard hitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

All of what was said about him in raids and the fact that you can clear most of GW with a Palp led Empire/Sith team that includes him. Even though he doesn't get health back for dots, like Sith do with the Palp lead, his frequent foresight makes him like an extra tank and all the debuffs that the sith/Empire characters put up make TFP hit extra hard since he does 25% more damage for each debuffed enemy.