Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah definitely buying the 100 dollar idiot version digitally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I feel a lot better about buying the 100 dollar idiot version because the last Forza I got was 4 and I waited out a proper PC release. Patience!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Hundred dollar idiot version ($120 here :canada: ) is a go. No way in hell am I buying anything that doesn't give me the PC license unless the bundled car is a P1 with a one-of-a-kind livery and performance boost.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You're a big dummy if you buy this game physically

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

If there's a physical copy of the PC version the only reason I'd buy it is to avoid the week plus it would take me to download it at ~160/180KB/s.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'm blowing all my money on my second mr2 so i won't get the super special edition and might not even have forza 7 for a good while

it's ok i'm just playing forza in real life instead :thumbsup:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I just got an 07 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with less than 80k miles and under 3000 engine hours on it, it's also my first auto.

My nephew on the other hand just got a 73 Charger. :stare:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hexenritter posted:

it's also my first auto.

:whitewater: automatic transmissions

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

My gear-fu is not too strong, my brother in law's Chevy S10 has endured my ministrations in the past with only minor grindage but I definitely need more practice before segueing away from babby gears

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hexenritter posted:

If there's a physical copy of the PC version the only reason I'd buy it is to avoid the week plus it would take me to download it at ~160/180KB/s.

lol if you think you wouldn't still have to download the whole game even with a "physical copy"

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Why do people pre-order a digital game? Why do people pre-order games full stop, its not like they run out of copies of Forza.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

lol if you think you wouldn't still have to download the whole game even with a "physical copy"

This was my situation with Mass Effect Andromeda, and, I fear, the way of the future. Sucks for those of us on America's lovely rural internet infrastructure.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-order games is the only thing to make me feel alive, otherwise I would have blown my brains out a long time ago.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

I said come in! posted:

Pre-order games is the only thing to make me feel alive, otherwise I would have blown my brains out a long time ago.

Hell, same.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

track day bro! posted:

Why do people pre-order a digital game? Why do people pre-order games full stop, its not like they run out of copies of Forza.
You can pre-load the game (start the download a day or two ahead of time) so you're not stuck downloading it on launch day. Also, the pre-order of the ultimate edition unlocks a week before the other versions.

That doesn't mean you have to buy it today. You can wait and buy it the day it's available for early access, or the day it launches, and that's fine.

I'm actually not a proponent of pre-ordering games. I can count the number of games I've pre-ordered this decade on one hand. But in this case, I have a general idea of what the product and its quality will be, and I'll be buying it anyway, so in this case I'm pre-ordering just to save the (incredibly minor) headache of buying it on my way home from work on release day. Or buying it online at work on release day, then getting home and waiting for it to download all evening.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

track day bro! posted:

I do it just to confuse/upset people who care too much about how other people buy videogames.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If I know for sure I'm going to buy a game no matter what I pre-order it. I almost never pre-order games, but the Forza series is pretty consistent in its quality so pre-ordering doesn't seem like a bad thing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I mean its not like I'm not going to buy Forza 7. Who cares when I buy it?

I would even preorder Forza 8 if I could.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I mean its not like I'm not going to buy Forza 7. Who cares when I buy it?

I would even preorder Forza 8 if I could.

My logic as well. I generally don't preorder anything but I know I'm going to buy it on day one anyways so why not? I've bought every game since the first (except the pointless 360 version of FH2) and all the DLC since FM4. Turn 10 is just simplifying the process by letting me hand them the money ahead of time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I pre-order things because I am impatient and don't need to "sleep on it" on a $100 purchase, if the game sucks, loving who cares. Buy another 2 until something doesn't.

Eyud posted:

I do it just to confuse/upset people who care too much about how other people buy videogames.

And this, too. No one on the internet ever rages against my pre-orders of pizza.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
lil caesar's hot n ready 4 lyfe gently caress ordering one lmaooooo

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
hey guys i got a new graphics card and can finally run forza 3 horizon on max settings, here's what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld5uBBVa_08&t=86s

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Thief posted:

hey guys i got a new graphics card and can finally run forza 3 horizon on max settings, here's what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld5uBBVa_08&t=86s

wow the car just melted, I'm surprised the video from inside survived, I imagine neither of the people inside did?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Doorknob Slobber posted:

wow the car just melted, I'm surprised the video from inside survived, I imagine neither of the people inside did?

Passenger serious injuries, unspecified.

https://jalopnik.com/video-shows-lamborghini-huracan-doing-208-mph-on-highwa-1680367973

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

208 on a public highway seems smart

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lamborghini drivers are the mustang drivers of supercars

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I can't believe anyone walked away from that.

Fuzzie Murloc
Dec 1, 2005
BLOODY HELL, I lost my fruit cup :(
http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/18/turn10-reveals-first-167-cars-of-forza-motorsport-7-list/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

I think Cubi may be very very happy cause of a certain porsche.
Also long time no see everyone.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Pretty comprehensive lineups for Ferrari and Porsche. Glad to see they have a lot of individual models, and they're not padding the list with different numbered race cars of the same year and model.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Good to see the 944 Turbo back, but I'd like an S2 as well.

928 is fantastic to see.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

If they had the 917K, 512M (Le Mans car not Testarossa succsessor) and a modern Ferrari F1 car ot would be the perfect Porsche and Ferrari lineup.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Sadly I think EA have F1 locked up much like they did Porsche, which is a shame because the F2004 should be the game's end boss.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Shumagorath posted:

Sadly I think EA have F1 locked up much like they did Porsche, which is a shame because the F2004 should be the game's end boss.

Codemasters has the F1 license, not EA. And there's been a current F1 car in each Forza Motorsport release on the xbone (it's been a lotus though)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Well Mclaren is the lovely team that people have heard of now, so it will probably be a McLaren.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

GutBomb posted:

Codemasters has the F1 license, not EA. And there's been a current F1 car in each Forza Motorsport release on the xbone (it's been a lotus though)

Ferrari have also licenced their F1 cars for Assetto Corsa on PC, and McLaren did the same for iRacing. To be honest I'd expect Renault to throw their 2016 car into Forza since it's basically the same as the 2015 Lotus.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

That's actually the F1 car I had in mind although an F2002 would also be acceptable.

Most of all though I want to recreate the movie Le Mans in Forza so I really want the 917K and 512M. Not even Assetto Corsa has the latter.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 19, 2017

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Well Mclaren is the lovely team that people have heard of now, so it will probably be a McLaren.

And it will suddenly fail on a straight on lap 5 of 6.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

geeves posted:

And it will suddenly fail on a straight on lap 5 of 6.

You and I both know it would fail on lap 1 of 6.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The engine blows on the formation lap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Hahahah Formula One racing jokes!

I get jokes!

• Locked thread