Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Tree Dude posted:

Next season is 8. I can understand the confusion. I don't know what these "we don't have time for this!" people want though. Cut the Walkers by 30 seconds to show you........?

You know what we want to see, HBO, don't make us come out and say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tree Dude posted:

Next season is 8. I can understand the confusion. I don't know what these "we don't have time for this!" people want though. Cut the Walkers by 30 seconds to show you........?

You just want a black screen with text telling you what happens in broad strokes? You could get through a lot like that.

things happening would be nice.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Tree Dude posted:

You just want a black screen with text telling you what happens in broad strokes? You could get through a lot like that.

I kind of do want that, but I'll settle for watching the things happen.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nail Rat posted:

It's a 7 episode season, why do people keep saying 8?

Sorry, 7. I honestly keep forgetting how many these last two seasons have.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Tree Dude posted:

Bad news, next year is 6.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I kind of do want that, but I'll settle for watching the things happen.

Right now resolution is what I crave so
I'll take it anyway I can get it. I am getting excited as the pieces move closer together though. I can't wait until Jon Sansa Arya and Bran are in the same room. It's gonna make me feel fuzzy things inside. At the very least Jon/Arya.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

mastershakeman posted:

how do you think they bring it down - giant zombies , or the night king doing something ?

He ties Samwell Tarly to a stake and then grabs it when it eats him

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's pretty funny that Arya would be back at Westeros and probably hear about Jon being king and him hanging out with Sansa and how the Starks won the north and poo poo and wouldn't haul her rear end over there asap or at least right after eliminating the Freys. Why would she need any other incentive? Sure her list, whatever, but just to drop and say hi what's the big deal? is that the one plot where distances and travel time actually matter?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

You know what we want to see, HBO, don't make us come out and say it.

Tits and dragons, they know, they know.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's pretty funny that Arya would be back at Westeros and probably hear about Jon being king and him hanging out with Sansa and how the Starks won the north and poo poo and wouldn't haul her rear end over there asap or at least right after eliminating the Freys. Why would she need any other incentive? Sure her list, whatever, but just to drop and say hi what's the big deal? is that the one plot where distances and travel time actually matter?

I mean I could see where she would think that murking Cersei is priority #1 to ensure she has some famiglia to come home to.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Preston's E1 video is up. Some of his comedy is hit and miss as usual but this fuckin show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhSj4dOTM9Q

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I mean I could see where she would think that murking Cersei is priority #1 to ensure she has some famiglia to come home to.

Yeah perhaps she also forgot about Moat Cailin and how the north was never taken by a southron army, cause Sansa apparently did.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I didn't think about this last night but yeah she should be heading north. I will forgive if she heads that way after dudes said they missed their homes. That's all I'm in this for anymore is some good stark vibes. These stupid books. I feel sorry for all the people I got to read this poo poo back in the day.

Edit: like when Bran got to the wall last night I almost cried a tear. Not because it was overly emotional, but because it was a sign that something was actually about to happen after 20 years.

Harton fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 17, 2017

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

mp5 posted:

Preston's E1 video is up. Some of his comedy is hit and miss as usual but this fuckin show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhSj4dOTM9Q

I don't know who that is.

I made it about 30 seconds before I caught a terminal case of boredom and died.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

mp5 posted:

Comedy? I just thought he was psychotic. I don't know if he's doing comedy.

I'm going to miss Preston's reviews when this poo poo show is over.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah perhaps she also forgot about Moat Cailin and how the north was never taken by a southron army, cause Sansa apparently did.

I don't think that history is predictive of future outcomes in scenarios where 90% of the North's forces are at the Wall and/or where Cersei tries to have Jon taken out by means other than a zergrush through the Neck, which I think were Sansa's points.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I mean, there was already a nearly successful assassination attempt in Winterfell, and that was a poo poo assassin.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I mean the real answer is probably that Arya just chilling at Winterfell seems pretty boring?

Kinda same reason Rickon died, he had nothing to do.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

this is funny because earlier in the thread a couple of goons were implying that nobody cared about the show anymore because there wasn't any media coverage (????) and nobody was hosting viewing parties

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

romanowski posted:

this is funny because earlier in the thread a couple of goons were implying that nobody cared about the show anymore because there wasn't any media coverage (????) and nobody was hosting viewing parties

Projection is an important part of hatewatching.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Pander posted:

I don't know who that is.

I made it about 30 seconds before I caught a terminal case of boredom and died.

he's a guy who knows way more about the books and show than any of us will probably ever care to

and yeah the schtick is not too great but I've appreciated his analyses of the episodes

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Preston Jacob's videos are bad, but he has some diehard fans.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mp5 posted:

he's a guy who knows way more about the books and show than any of us will probably ever care to

and yeah the schtick is not too great but I've appreciated his analyses of the episodes

He takes really weird assumptions and just runs with them. Like, he assumes that Arya has killed literally every Frey now, but I assume there's still plenty of them out there who didn't make it to the feast. Like, he just sort of assumed a dumb hypothetical and then went to task on the episode for not backing up his dumb hypothetical. "Were there no sick Freys who couldn't make it?" well if there were, why the gently caress would we see them?

If it's meant to be a parody of fan nitpicks, I guess it's doing a good job, but to me it seems sincere.

E: VVV This year, Dave Hill is a writer on the show.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 17, 2017

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I see a lot of talk about this Dave Hill guy in this thread. Who is this guy? The only credits he has on IMDB are Game of Thrones.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Arya says it was every Frey that matters. But I don't think all of Preston's night king rants need to be taken as literal grievances.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Arya says it was every Frey that matters. But I don't think all of Preston's night king rants need to be taken as literal grievances.

If they're meant to be a joke, they're long and unfunny jokes that overstay their welcome.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

romanowski posted:

they just had too high of an opinion of the general audience.

Le Saboteur posted:

I see a lot of talk about this Dave Hill guy in this thread. Who is this guy? The only credits he has on IMDB are Game of Thrones.

he's the guy that suggested olly should kill ygritte so they hired him as a writer. he produced the best running joke from these threads.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

"Shall we begin" should not have been the last shot. The last shot should've been Team Dany staring in silence after they find Selyse's fetuses.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Lycus posted:

"Shall we begin" should not have been the last shot. The last shot should've been Team Dany staring in silence after they find Selyse's fetuses.

like Selyse didn't pack those with her on her trip to the north

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
The mother fuckin' Hound! Azor Ahai 2017! Make Westeros Great Again.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just didn't know what Sheeran looked like. It's a nice scene : shrug:. Also I don't know where people are reading "that scene proves she's indiscriminate!!!" because it's not present in that scene at all, and in literally the first scene of the season we see her specifically bar Frey's wife from drinking the poison.

Shredder Clegane is loving dope

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Is the music for Dragonstone/Shall We Begin? from the last scene released anywhere? I'm already blown away by the OST.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Has anyone commented on how bizarre it is that everybody's wearing jet black all the time now? Cersei and the Night's Watch, OK fine, and I guess Arya's an assassin now, but by the time of the final scene when Dany, Tyrion, Grey Worm and whatshername were all dressed like Catwoman I started laughing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A episode without any tits. Let's applaud HBO for showing such restraint.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Arya is basically The Stranger now

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

etalian posted:

A episode without any tits. Let's applaud HBO for showing such restraint.

they made up for it with the shriveled up dead wang

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Ed Sheeran should have played Stannis toasty daughter Shereen

kater
Nov 16, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Speaking of Sansa forgetting the north was never taken by a southern army, that is exactly what she did with lil fingers goons.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Details details, Sansa telling Jon he's good at being king was enough for me to forgive anything. I just need easy answers and more positive poo poo to happen. 5 books of horrible things happening to the Starks and now we get Sansa of all people complementing Jon. Imagine book 1 and 2 Sansa saying anything nice to Jon at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually thought Sansa realizing that Robb and Ned were sort of dumbasses was pretty true to what might happen in the book, if that makes sense.

• Locked thread