Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

How was it? Ive never played Crash but I like platformers...worth a shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theyre good platformers. i think the remakes are kind of gross looking but i heard they add some stuff to the older games

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

How was it? Ive never played Crash but I like platformers...worth a shot?

Yeah they're quite fun. I'd played all three of them at various times in the past but this was the first time I've gone through them from start to finish. The first one is the hardest and is a bit frustrating at parts but after that it smooths out a lot.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
in general it looks bad but i like some of the animation work. They added time trial relics to 1 and 2, and apparently you can use the run upgrade from 3 in 2.

in any case they look faithful enough, but id say just hunt for an iso of 2 and play that since its the best one and it still looks/plays great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I may just pick up a copy of 2 then.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

In Training posted:

I may just pick up a copy of 2 then.

all 3 are worth playing imo, and it seems the remakes made 1 easier to 100% which is a real sweet deal. But if you had to play one, 2 is the high point by far.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
crash sucks rear end

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

crash sucks rear end

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

crash sucks rear end

we disagree on this point .. its probably the only good western platformer ive played except for shovel knight

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my recommendation is crash 1 btw, it was the first game i ever played. ive never went for 100% but the difficulty is just right for a regular playthrough although im not very good at the pig levels where you have to dodge obstacles while riding a pig. i think 3 specifically is too easy and has a bunch of bad levels in it like the jet ski ones, the plane ones, and the underwater ones. 2 is nice though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat the HD version of 1 the other day and it was fun although very frustrating sometimes. 2 and 3 are the ones I played most as a kid and so far 2 is still holding up pretty well

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Beat Shovel Knight. A few too many instant-death pits but that's par for the course for the era of games it's aping. Great game.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Popular Human posted:

Beat Shovel Knight. A few too many instant-death pits but that's par for the course for the era of games it's aping. Great game.
You've still got NG+ and Amiibo mode and Plague and Spectre to finish. You've only just begun.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

14. Hollow Knight

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Popular Human posted:

jump over them

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

jump over them

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

jump over them

its the strangest complaint about a platformer ive ever heard

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

its the strangest complaint about a platformer ive ever heard

megaman 10 has an easy mode that covers spikes and pits with blocks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

megaman 10 has an easy mode that covers spikes and pits with blocks

whats even the point

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

PROTIP: To not die, jump over pits

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I killed the final boss of Hollow Knight who was a big pussy and saw the credits. But I got a crap rear end ending and I'm only 77% done so it doesn't feel right adding it to the list until I get 100% and the True ending, if there is one. So stay tuned for that

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS3)

Codename: Leopard

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS3)

Codename: Leopard

I got Komodo Dragon.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hero Core

It's a short free metroidvania/bullet hell type game. Pretty fun.

And then Kirby's Blowout Blast

That secret path... :sweatdrop:

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 18, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Beat Rogue Fable 2. Easy little roguelike that was over before I knew it.

Also beat the main story for the new Final Fantasy 14 expansion. The final boss was actually pretty hard this time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirby's Blowout Blast, but Ill still want to do all the EX Levels.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Hero Core

It's a short free metroidvania/bullet hell type game. Pretty fun.

And then Kirby's Blowout Blast

That secret path... :sweatdrop:

The secret path was crazy and I'm going to get a platinum in it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Diablo II, but I just got rushed through in 10 minutes by a level 99 sorceress, which made me happy that people still do this.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

The secret path was crazy and I'm going to get a platinum in it

You're a brave man.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

20) Two years later I finally went back and finished the Splatoon single player. Great final boss

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Actually today I got bored while commuting and went and got platinums on all the stages in the first three levels of Kirby so I will probably give it a shot as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All platinums are beyond me probably but I'm only a few golds away from unlocking The Final Path

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Devil May Cry. Here's my ranking https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingEndearingPotatoVoHiYo

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Last night I finished my hard difficulty, minimal reloading (so if I get caught, I'll fight it out), high chaos playthrough of Dishonored 2 as Corvo. It was soo liberating, playing the game this way. Not only did it take me like, less than half the time my initial no powers+stealthy/no-kill playthrough took, it was so fun just being able to duke it out with a bunch of guards and totally outclass them with my powers.
Great change of pace. I also liked how everyone treats you differently, when they know you've killed poo poo-tonnes of people throughout the game. Instead of being like "yeah, I'll support you because your cause is just!" they'll be like "FINE, I'll help you because you're better than them, but you're a TOTAL DICK for killing all those people." (Plus I noticed that Meaghan doesn't tell you who she really is, if you go high-chaos. She just legs it the moment you turn away, after she speaks to you)

Soral
May 30, 2009

snake pass

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Picross 3D Round 2

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

gently caress, nevermind.

Credits rolled and 9 more books unlocked.
This game...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ludwig van Halen posted:

gently caress, nevermind.

Credits rolled and 9 more books unlocked.
This game...

This is like the 4th time this same post has appeared....such a good moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

sonic 2

• Locked thread