Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

New thread title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z38VrjdE_I

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Nice name-avatar-post combo.
I need to change my av text to "A Modern and Progressive Burger Company"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I need to change my av text to "A Modern and Progressive Burger Company"

Is there such a thing as brutalist fashion? because check out their new uniforms:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There was always fake feelgood advertising no one cared about but it feels like it's really ramped up in the last few years, which is funny since it's never been easier to call it out as the fake poo poo it is.

Thoguh posted:

That is because polka owns

Agreed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaTISifHaeg

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Is there such a thing as brutalist fashion? because check out their new uniforms:

Why the hell do they need aprons with pockets? They're just reheating poo poo and slapping it together, not making fine cuisine.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I think that is exactly the point of the pockets.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i remember when Denny's was the only #brand whose online presence wasn't the usual boring "buy our poo poo" routine

FuzzySkinner posted:

Nick Mullen of all people wrote for that show.

Which confuses the hell out of me cuz "Cumtown" makes fun of this type of poo poo all the time, and Mullen himself has trolled people with these sort of beliefs.
1. money
2. the opportunity to connect with people and write for other shows in the future
3. apparently nick was one of the first people moshe kasher wanted to have as a writer on any show he ended up doing

the only new comedy central shows from this year that haven't followed the woke comedy trend is Detroiters (highly underrated show even though it's not as great in the second half) and Jeff and Some Aliens (pretty crappy). it's like the opposite of 2005, when all their new shows were "don't cut yourself on that edge" poo poo
i'm all for mean-spirited humor as long as it's funny, but "lol straight cis dicks" elicits nothing but an eyeroll and a yawn from me

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'm all for mean-spirited humor as long as it's funny, but "lol straight cis dicks" elicits nothing but an eyeroll and a yawn from me

I do not think that was a joke. I think she was genuinely afraid she would be called out by others for transphobia, and took measures to protect herself.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

1. money
2. the opportunity to connect with people and write for other shows in the future
3. apparently nick was one of the first people moshe kasher wanted to have as a writer on any show he ended up doing

the only new comedy central shows from this year that haven't followed the woke comedy trend is Detroiters (highly underrated show even though it's not as great in the second half) and Jeff and Some Aliens (pretty crappy). it's like the opposite of 2005, when all their new shows were "don't cut yourself on that edge" poo poo

I'm kinda hoping Cumtown becomes an opie and anthony-like show at this point. The set up they have is too brilliant and I'm worried they'll gently caress it up if Nick Mullen ever gets his own CC show .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaZcDrw2mks

Some of the bits had me in tears it was so good .

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I do not think that was a joke. I think she was genuinely afraid she would be called out by others for transphobia, and took measures to protect herself.

This whole aspect of woke insanity with its disclaimers and addendums and 'I don't mean THOSE people' is like a public opinion version of desperate legal rear end-covering. Like, who else has ever had to do this?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

"I'm not racist transphobic, I have a black trans friend!"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/886997710376775681

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

So far I've seen celebrities, goons, every news site, thousands of verified twitter randos, and the dictionary take turns swinging at all these frothing mad misogynist nerds angry about the female Dr. Who, but... aside from 5 or 6 twitter trolls (two of which had their tweet deleted faster than I could view the replies) and this guy, I haven't actually seen any of these frothing mad misogynist nerds angry about the female Dr. Who.

I'm starting to think that the massive horde of sexist Dr. Who fanboy geeks that all these people are swinging at isn't actually real and they're all just posturing (and, ironically, working to further enrich a company of sex criminals in the process)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lumpy the Cook posted:

So far I've seen celebrities, goons, every news site, thousands of verified twitter randos, and the dictionary take turns swinging at all these frothing mad misogynist nerds angry about the female Dr. Who, but... aside from 5 or 6 twitter trolls (two of which had their tweet deleted faster than I could view the replies) and this guy, I haven't actually seen any of these frothing mad misogynist nerds angry about the female Dr. Who.

I'm starting to think that the massive horde of sexist Dr. Who fanboy geeks that all these people are swinging at isn't actually real and they're all just posturing (and, ironically, working to further enrich a company of sex criminals in the process)

it's all part of the marketing being a "victim" sells.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

nobody except online gender warriors cared about dr who in the first place, which I'm guessing is why they felt comfortable changing the character at all

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Inescapable Duck posted:

This whole aspect of woke insanity with its disclaimers and addendums and 'I don't mean THOSE people' is like a public opinion version of desperate legal rear end-covering. Like, who else has ever had to do this?

The alternative is the risk that your call out goes viral and you get ostracised by your friends online or even irl, and get doxxed or threatened by psychos until you post a long groveling apology

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

All of this reminds me of that old Chris Rock joke about people who brag "I take care of my kids" expecting praise.

"Just so you know, RebookMcDonaldsExxon LLC Worldwide *doesn't* engage in overt misogyny and homophobia. :smug: #pride #its2017"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

mrmcd posted:

All of this reminds me of that old Chris Rock joke about people who brag "I take care of my kids" expecting praise.

"Just so you know, RebookMcDonaldsExxon LLC Worldwide *doesn't* engage in overt misogyny and homophobia. :smug: #pride #its2017"

They do it because it works

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

and, ironically, working to further enrich a company of sex criminals in the process
:wtc: Britain

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This happens every time now.

It makes a lot of sense when you realise the whole call-out culture is basically endgame Helldump but with thousands of people and major media institutions. Or Maoist Musical Chairs.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh poo poo it's a Doctor Who false flag and

wait a loving minute

did you just call the BBC a company of sex criminals

like the whole BBC

That better be some meta-level irony but the fact you linked to both the Express and the Daily Mail makes me think maybe you're serious???

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

wait a loving minute

like the whole BBC

That better be some meta-level irony but the fact you linked to both the Express and the Daily Mail makes me think maybe you're serious???

he's not wrong

thankfully theyre trapped on an island

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Crane Fist posted:

wait a loving minute

like the whole BBC

I guess it is incorrect, technically; you have to be tried and sentenced to be a criminal, so most of them are just hosed up perverts and molesters.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crane Fist posted:

wait a loving minute

like the whole BBC

Jimmy Saville was an open secret in the BBC. Everybody knew but nobody did anything about it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Honestly, what was the last worthwhile thing the BBC has even? All I can think of is Walking With Dinosaurs and that was in the 90s. Definitely not enough solid content to make up for their many, many, many sexual assaults on women and children.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Hot take: Dr. Who is bad.

more like doctor who gives a poo poo am i rite??

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mrmcd posted:

Hot take: Dr. Who is bad.

more like doctor who gives a poo poo am i rite??

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Honestly, what was the last worthwhile thing England has even? All I can think of is Walking With Dinosaurs and that was in the 90s. Definitely not enough solid content to make up for their many, many, many sexual assaults on women and children.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Honestly, what was the last worthwhile thing the BBC has even? All I can think of is Walking With Dinosaurs and that was in the 90s. Definitely not enough solid content to make up for their many, many, many sexual assaults on women and children.

It's value isn't the content, it's simply stating the name out loud in order to embarrass liberals who make a big show of pointing out that RT is state-owned.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

This is loving disgusting

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It sure is easier to indict the BBC when you talk about it like a street gang as opposed to a public service organisation made up of like 50,000 people

You loving idiot Tory poo poo

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

they make a lot of rly good nature documentaries

whenever Attenborough dies or retires they'll not have a purpose anymore

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

It sure is easier to indict the BBC when you talk about it like a street gang as opposed to a public service organisation made up of like 50,000 people

what part of the bbc do you work for now, jimmy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Still waiting for the mods to change my name to Spooky Ghost of a Dead Pedo Currently Employed at the BBC Music Department

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

QI owns and I won't hear anything bad about it. :colbert:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

of course the BBC is a safe haven for depraved pedophiles, every major british institution is (or at least the ones that are bad at hiding it). see also: parliament, the Football Association

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Crane Fist posted:

I'm not British, thankfully.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That would explain why you linked the Express in order to bash the BBC

For context that's like posting about police shootings using links to Breitbart

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

all that i know about the Daily Express comes from this poem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFhZJdjQOBU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The only British institution that isn't filled with child molesters is the garbage collection association in the Borough of Runnymede, Surrey.