Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Land of the Dead has the zombie Big Daddy literally developing class consciousness, empowering his comrades through education, organizing them, and then leading an attack against a state of bourgeoisie oppression. This is a clear progression from the individual consciousness developed by Bub in Day of the Dead, who acted alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I just saw Land of the Dead at the time as a generic "Republicans are bad" subtext but man I gotta rewatch it again now. The class traitor John Leguizamo (one of my favorite roles of his) gets screwed over by his 1%er boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhu1w32JmO0

Oh man I missed the first time around the blocking of this scene where Leguizamo fucks up a bougiouse class competency signifier by using the wrong vessel for champaign and Hopper refuses it and goes to pour more into a "proper" flute.

This was probably a better movie that I remember and I should rewatch it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh my god dieselducy is real.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh my god dieselducy is real.

Why would you doubt the existence of an elevator sperg?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
King Reol, the guy who was, I think, the first crazy person to have a beef with this website, is also an elevator review youtuber now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfSXLbLZQEI

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 17, 2017

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
he also posts videos of himself walking around construction sites and bowling

living the dream, that one

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

King Reol, the guy who was, I think, the first crazy person to have a beef with this website, is also an elevator review youtuber now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfSXLbLZQEI

This is sad as gently caress

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This is sad as gently caress

I know. I'd have ridden an Otis.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
matt's on Age of Napoleon in a bonus ep: https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/886770991652716544

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

cat doter posted:

something that drives me nuts about liberals is they see this kinda rhetoric and they picture a bunch of racist white yokels who've voted a straight republican ticket just WAITING in hope for the right racist democrat to come along, but bernie's talking about people that DON'T loving VOTE AT ALL

like it makes loving sense that black people or women or whatever would be so invested in voting for the democrats since they need to stem the tide of the horrific bullshit done by republicans, but that's somehow morphed into this strange idea of it being the party for those people when it's just loving defensive voting
All this recent bullshit about a Sanders (or any other left-wing candidate) coalition being a "betrayal" of the party's black female base...it hinges on not understanding what the phrase "party base" even means.

But it's loving ludicrous that Hillary boosters can call Sanders the candidate who wants to reach out to white racists.

Race Realists posted:

WELP didnt think id come across it but ive found it

:nws:the gayest twitter on earth:nws:
Is Bronze Age Mantis a bad guy from a MGS prequel set in Knossos? Or is he called that because if he ever got laid, he'd die?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
how did mike cernovich get his start. he's dumb and vacuous even by mra/self-help/conservative twitter guy standards

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
being into old elevators is cool and interesting, i like having weird interests in dorky poo poo and i like people who have weird interests in dorky poo poo

doesn't have to be a weird breathy weirdo though

Serf
May 5, 2011

little munchkin posted:

how did mike cernovich get his start. he's dumb and vacuous even by mra/self-help/conservative twitter guy standards

first i ever heard of him was gamergate

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The_Rob posted:

I would have liked Land a lot more if they didn't use cgi blood.
I read an interview with Romero where he talked about the use of CGI in the movie. He said that you have to use CGI because, now that it's widely available, studios just won't give you the shooting schedule that you need to do everything with practical effects.

little munchkin posted:

He won an alimony settlement that allowed him to be online all day every day, became a syndicated blogger when that was still a trendy concept, and then rode the Gamergate train.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

little munchkin posted:

I think he started out as a PUA/anti feminist blogger shithead, then he latched on to Gamergate and used momentum from that to pitch himself as an "alt right" media personality.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

He won an alimony settlement that allowed him to be online all day every day, became a syndicated blogger when that was still a trendy concept, and then rode the Gamergate train.

wow such an alpha...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

quadrophrenic posted:

being into old elevators is cool and interesting, i like having weird interests in dorky poo poo and i like people who have weird interests in dorky poo poo

doesn't have to be a weird breathy weirdo though

Nah

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
i mean what's the difference between being interested in elevators and being interested in cars

they're both containers that go places and have buttons

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

little munchkin posted:

wow such an alpha...

All about the mindthet.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Halloween Jack posted:

I read an interview with Romero where he talked about the use of CGI in the movie. He said that you have to use CGI because, now that it's widely available, studios just won't give you the shooting schedule that you need to do everything with practical effects.

Yeah I always figured it was something like that because Romero seemed like an old school filmmaker. It sucks though because I can handle a lot of cgi, but the blood just takes the life out of scenes.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

quadrophrenic posted:

i mean what's the difference between being interested in elevators and being interested in cars

they're both containers that go places and have buttons

my car symbolises my freedom as an american

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cat doter posted:

I'm free to take any route I like, at any time I like.

*spends 90% of his life behind the wheel driving the same three routes at the same times*

aaaah, freedom.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Yeah I always figured it was something like that because Romero seemed like an old school filmmaker. It sucks though because I can handle a lot of cgi, but the blood just takes the life out of scenes.

cgi blood isn't inherently a bad thing, the blood in david fincher's films for example is all cgi, every shot of blood isn't using a single practical effect, yet it looks completely real to the point I didn't know until like a month ago

you just need the right people to sell those effects

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Chapo just unlocked the first round of Call of Cthulhu episodes to prepare for the upcoming ones, get hype

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Chapo just unlocked the first round of Call of Cthulhu episodes to prepare for the upcoming ones, get hype

Gonna order out for a "pizza" to enjoy as I relisten.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I may not trust the papists but they make a fine 'pie'

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
You'll eat pie in the sky when you die.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
"Capone Speakeasy" is still a top 10 joke

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

cat doter posted:

i unironically want socialized driving education

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Race Realists posted:

i unironically want socialized driving education

I'd like that too mostly because I'm poor and can't afford the lessons and I kinda need my own car at the moment

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

cat doter posted:

I'd like that too mostly because I'm poor and can't afford the lessons and I kinda need my own car at the moment

:same:

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Gonna order out for a "pizza" to enjoy as I relisten.

Don't forget the "pepperoni", friend

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The Cthulu episode was good, but Felix's rapping was so bad I hope they play different characters.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The new one is in the 60s. Their characters would all be dead.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Pharmaskittle posted:

The Cthulu episode was good, but Felix's rapping was so bad I hope they play different characters.

This is downright blasphemous

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Lord Frisk posted:

The new one is in the 60s. Their characters would all be dead.

Oh I didn't realize. Good.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

Oh I didn't realize. Good.

bad news hes gonna be marshall mathers the second this time

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Do Delta Green next. Be the Deep State.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

lot of people not down for white spoken word jazz in this thread smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

The Baseball Rube voice makes me miss the Billiards Fool from the Digcast :smith: