Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Like spoiling the rest of this season or just this episode? I'd just use spoiler tags for this episode and not talk about any other episodes maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't we just not spoil future episodes but once it airs it's fair game.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I thought this was :justpost: thread and anyone reading it was doing so at their own risk.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Not sure why anyone would click a thread discussing the ongoing season unless they've caught up to it.

Regarding season spoilers, I've never really cared either way, I just try to not be a dick to anyone, sooooo...

...don't be a dick about season spoilers, I guess?

Episode-talk: that was cool.

Also, I went "loving lol, they got ed sheeran to dub a lannister soldier just for one loving son...

...oh." :stare:

And then laughed for a solid half minute.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So was Samwell talking about the land that the castle that daenerys arrived to is on? Because isn't that castle called dragon stone or something anyways? Just wtf if you wouldn't think dragon glass could come from there.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

nwiniwn posted:

So was Samwell talking about the land that the castle that daenerys arrived to is on? Because isn't that castle called dragon stone or something anyways? Just wtf if you wouldn't think dragon glass could come from there.

Well, it wasn't really a secret to anyone living on Dragonstone, or bannermen or whatever. In season 5 or 6, Sam smartasses off about how dragonglass is called obsidian around stannis, and stannis he knows drat well what obsidian is, because they've got a fuckton on dragonstone.
Not sure why the gently caress Sam is only making that connection NOW

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, it wasn't really a secret to anyone living on Dragonstone, or bannermen or whatever. In season 5 or 6, Sam smartasses off about how dragonglass is called obsidian around stannis, and stannis he knows drat well what obsidian is, because they've got a fuckton on dragonstone.
Not sure why the gently caress Sam is only making that connection NOW

Everyone has been told something that they either forget or dismiss and fail to realize it was important until it's painted out in front of them. Usually well after it was needed or useful.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Good episode. I hoped for a shanking or two but I'll take a poisoning instead. Also loving lol at euron ripping on jaime

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Euron is just lame all around imo. Love his San Francisco Euron getup.

The gently caress did the dude get so many ships? Do they even have trees? They built 1,000 ships in however long that was? idk just felt like lazy writing and them just shoving him in there towards the end to give cersei an ally

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 17, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

my prediction is he's gonna try steal a dragon for cersei

you heard it here first folks

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

also someone in the old thread posted that they predict bran going through the wall is going to make it passable by the walkers, i hope that's true and bran being a retard dooms them all

gently caress bran

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well there can't be this impending doom if the dudes can't even get through the wall. There's also that horn of winter Sam found, that was immediately brushed over. But I suppose that's just a book thing and it was more-so paying homage to the drat thing existing? Idk

Not gonna lie seeing the zombie giants was a bit spooky. Definitely not as bad as the battle with the white walkers and Snow/wildlings

But yeah he's definitely going to do something outlandish that wins her over and leads to a fair fight, otherwise we wouldn't have a whole split season after this. Just feels a bit shoehorned in

-edit how come Dragonstone was just up and abandoned and no one was just chilling enjoying that huge castle

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 17, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh yeah thought I'd repost this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD7SAFzXSSo

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well there can't be this impending doom if the dudes can't even get through the wall. There's also that horn of winter Sam found, that was immediately brushed over. But I suppose that's just a book thing and it was more-so paying homage to the drat thing existing? Idk

Not gonna lie seeing the zombie giants was a bit spooky. Definitely not as bad as the battle with the white walkers and Snow/wildlings

But yeah he's definitely going to do something outlandish that wins her over and leads to a fair fight, otherwise we wouldn't have a whole split season after this. Just feels a bit shoehorned in

-edit how come Dragonstone was just up and abandoned and no one was just chilling enjoying that huge castle

I don't think bran crossing through the wall is going to allow the walkers through, unless he wargs over and touches the night king again.

The Lannisters leaving Dragonstone abandoned after Stannis went north is pretty stupid. It is a fortress protecting the eastern approaches, and would act as a tripwire for anyone heading to Kings Landing by sea. And if they didn't know it was abandoned that is even stupider they didn't at least send fishermen up there to keep an eye on it.

And if I remember correctly Loras of high garden stormed the gates of dragonstone in the books and got severely wounded so shouldn't there be at least a token Lannister or High Garden force there?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I mentioned last season that it seemed like bullshit that Euron got his entire loving fleet stolen, and went "lol we'll just rebuild a bigger one", or that Varys and Arya were teleporting between Westeros and Essos like it ain't poo poo.

But keep in mind that they essentially have "one" season left, and are wrapping poo poo up, so I'll give them some leeway in that department, because the one benefit of this is that we're actually getting somewhere, as opposed to under RR Martin's writing.

/edit:
Didn't it take like two full loving books for Arya's philandering in Essos...and she's still blind as of this point?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 17, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mentioned last season that it seemed like bullshit that Euron got his entire loving fleet stolen, and went "lol we'll just rebuild a bigger one", or that Varys and Arya were teleporting between Westeros and Essos like it ain't poo poo.

But keep in mind that they essentially have "one" season left, and are wrapping poo poo up, so I'll give them some leeway in that department, because the one benefit of this is that we're actually getting somewhere, as opposed to under RR Martin's writing.

/edit:
Didn't it take like two full loving books for Arya's philandering in Essos...and she's still blind as of this point?

Now that I think about it, if Stannis had Dragonstone and a fleet from the get go how did anything move by ship into Kings Landing before the battle of Blackwater bay?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:

The scenes in the show are not always contemporaneous with one another. Patches of time happen between people traveling around that they just don't show.

In the books Arya has not yet regained her sight, but certainly will.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Two Finger posted:

my prediction is he's gonna try steal a dragon for cersei

you heard it here first folks

Euron is going to kidnap Tyrion and bring him back to Cersei try to kidnap Tyrion and wind up dragon beggin strips.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

The throne room in Dragonstone looks about 100x cooler than the one in King's Landing.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

The scenes in the show are not always contemporaneous with one another. Patches of time happen between people traveling around that they just don't show.

In the books Arya has not yet regained her sight, but certainly will.
Assuming the books are actually finished at some point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Assuming the books are actually finished at some point.

They won't be. GRRM never gave a gently caress about GoT and only did it to cash out. Since he has already cashed out via HBO, he is out of fucks to give.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Winds of Winter was announced in 2011 or something like that. Since either 2014 or 2015, he has announced every year that the book would either be release the following year, or the very year he made that statement. In the beginning of 2017, he once again said the book would be released this year. The latest update is that "it's totally already finished, all that's left is editing, but I'm super swamped right now".

That's one loving book of the two (supposedly three, with the last two being one in two volumes) he said were left in the series.

The dude is kicking the bucket inside the next 8 years, and the series will never be finished, end of story.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The series is finishing, though. He gave the end of the story and the major plot beats to HBO and they've filled in the gaps and trimmed the fat. The GoT ending is the ending to ASOIAF and book nerds will just have to deal with it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Would be ok with the series ending with all the walkers breaking into a performance of spooky scary skeletons

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thriller?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That's what the hound was really seeing in the flames.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's what the hound was really seeing in the flames.

That moment felt like they realized they blew the CGI budget but they absolutely had to have his come to Jesus moment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

When i saw zombie giants i was like gently caress yeah but then that means no direwolves.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The production value is great and clearly much better than the first season etc but drat is the CGI horrendous

There was one simple part yesterday, forgot which, but I couldn't understand why they did CGI for it

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Can we talk about how the outfits are increasingly more Yeezy couture?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Pesticide20 posted:

Yeah.

I'm not okay with that.

Euron should have just waltzed into the throne room in his Ghost in the Shell attire, and popped Cersei in the head with some comically oversized and/or functionally-impossible gun before engaging in shocking romance with Jamie.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pesticide20 posted:

It's winter. They can't roll around in summer attire anymore.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Euron should have just waltzed into the throne room in his Ghost in the Shell attire, and popped Cersei in the head with some comically oversized and/or functionally-impossible gun before engaging in shocking romance with Jamie.

gently caress he really should have :(

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm still assuming the shocking romance is going to happen.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pesticide20 posted:

That moment felt like they realized they blew the CGI budget but they absolutely had to have his come to Jesus moment.

It's also possible he's bullshitting them, hence not seeing anything. I think he saw something, but it's a possibility, albeit an unlikely one.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Mid-S3: I completely forgot about Podrick loving three whores for an entire afternoon so well they gave him Tyrion's loving bag of gold back. Then Tyrion and Bronn start pouring wine to get him to divulge how. And Varys and Roz being equally baffled. :lol:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
"aw, Tyrion and Bronn are doing a little ruse to make Podrick feel like he's a big boy" :kiddo:

(later)

"... oh I see, Podrick has a big penis and the sex slaves really enjoyed it. This show is the trucknuts of television."

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

"aw, Tyrion and Bronn are doing a little ruse to make Podrick feel like he's a big boy" :kiddo:

(later)

"... oh I see, Podrick has a big penis and the sex slaves really enjoyed it. This show is the trucknuts of television."

They weren't slaves. There aren't any slaves in Westeros. Pretty sure they're all there of their own volition.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Victor Vermis posted:

(later)

That and Arya's dumb Terminator 3 fight (featuring taking a fatal wound, diving into sewage and being fine?) were easily the two worst bits in the series so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Not anything involving Bran?

• Locked thread