Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah seriously dropping like loving flies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DoctorGonzo posted:

Its TIFOSI, you loving racist.

Tifoso is the singular of tifosi so actually it is you who is the idiot moron here!!!!!!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bitch slapped by Italian mod

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Also Sebs tire blew up because of that gigantic loving lockup whenBottas fist attempted to pass him, you could see the bald spots on the fronts.

Ferrari's strategy was bad as usual but they would've lasted if Vettel didn't have to resort to that to pointlessly stay ahead for like, one lap. Not that he should've let him by, but whatever. poo poo happens!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Theophany posted:

That and the faint hope of seeing the hilarious scene of Vijay Mallya being dragged out of the paddock in handcuffs on some tax evasion or fraud charges.
It really has been far too long since we last saw a team principal being taken away by the police during a grand prix weekend.

Autech
Jun 6, 2008

The Brazilian Legkick Machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqc2uK0sTQw

Maldonado's one good deed against Hamilton.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Speaking of Hamilton, I noticed yesterday he got out of his car without taking his headrest off. I'm guessing he doesn't want a replay of Baku.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Autech posted:

In the words of Damon Hill "one of our lost champions."

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Autech posted:

I don't even like the V8s but hell, this makes me miss engines with real noise so much :smith:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

GramCracker posted:

I don't even like the V8s but hell, this makes me miss engines with real noise so much :smith:
I watched the race Sunday with someone who has only been watching since the V6 hybrids. We watched Belgium 2008 after that and the first words spoken were "Okay, those cars really do sound a lot cooler."

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Radiohead71 posted:

Noob fan here. Anyone going to the US Grand Prix? Are the races good to go to, or it is like an NFL game where you spend a ton of money and usually tell yourself "I should have stayed home and watched it on TV". What is the best way to learn more about the teams and drivers? I don't know too much about it except that I don't like the Mercedes team. Any good F1 boards?

F1 Rejects is fine.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Radiohead71 posted:

Any good F1 boards?

Let us know if you find one.

Autech
Jun 6, 2008

The Brazilian Legkick Machine
The Motorsport.com forums are entertaining.

This place is the best though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is there an F1 version of Crapwagon, I never found out.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

iospace posted:

McLaren?

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Gigi Galli posted:

Tifoso is the singular of tifosi so actually it is you who is the idiot moron here!!!!!!

I was hoping someone would have my back on this.
Doctor Gonzo needs some Italian lessons.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

iospace posted:

Autosport

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:downsrim:

Figures. Explains why it's never linked here too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

:coolspot:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

iospace posted:

:downsrim:

Figures. Explains why it's never linked here too.

Since autosport became subscription based, its never quoted anywhere nowadays

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GramCracker posted:

V8 meh but every now and then Youtube recommends me a quali lap from Montoya or Schumacher from like 2004 and jesus christ. More RPMs really are better. Sadly if not for FIM regulations back in the 60s/70s, we'd have had GP motorcycles turning over 25000.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

90s Honda CBR250RRs revving to 20,000 rpm.

I really should've bought one when the liscencing rules changed to allow learners to buy bigger bikes and the arse fell out of the market on those 250s. Still kicking myself.

Also I think the RPM maximum was around 24k because after that the pistons go supersonic and the engine explodes.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 18, 2017

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I never found out why the terrible Scot was subbing for Brundle...what a terrible idea.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Having had a two stroke engine let go at 14.5k right beside me I'm not completely sold on the idea of engines revving to 20k.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Having had a two stroke engine let go at 14.5k right beside me I'm not completely sold on the idea of engines revving to 20k.

Honda used to put a lot of their best tech into small displacement bikes back then because of their domestic liscencing rules. I think the biggest problem was boyracers wrapping them around trees.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Pretty sure one of my GP engine books said Honda or Yamaha was testing engines in the late 60s which were mechanically sound up to 27k for short periods. There's a magic number for piston acceleration I believe, I think F1 V10s got up to 10,000 Gs, but you can just make the stroke short as poo poo like they did in F1 and get pretty far with that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Already preparing myself for the wall of 'Allo 'Allo jokes which I will be making

The weekly Radio LeMans show has been on this since at least last year "'Tis I, LeClerc"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

V8 meh but every now and then Youtube recommends me a quali lap from Montoya or Schumacher from like 2004 and jesus christ. More RPMs really are better. Sadly if not for FIM regulations back in the 60s/70s, we'd have had GP motorcycles turning over 25000.

I miss the old days when engines were high-strung and the failures were massive. Now you just get this little wisp of smoke, but the V10 era explosions were pretty sensational. And coming from engines running ~19,000 rpm, with Honda going about 20,000 for the "Suzuka special"? drat.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

Honda used to put a lot of their best tech into small displacement bikes back then because of their domestic liscencing rules. I think the biggest problem was boyracers wrapping them around trees.

I think Honda in general was always obsessed with small displacement engines. The portable generator was invented solely because Soichiro insisted on making the engine as small as humanly possible as a design experiment.

Also as a light aside my pops (the man who thought buying and daily driving an ACVW in the mid 90s was a good idea for a family of four) thinks a ducati would be perfectly fine as a first bike :v:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXHAMROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Only registered members can see post attachments!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXHAMROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

What better way to be alive than to think you are about to die, imo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Why does Wesley Snipes have a hair nipple

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
"I've seen the first two thirds of MC Hammer's 'Behind the Music' and I know money NEVER runs out!"

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Why does Wesley Snipes have a hair nipple

That's Lewis, you moron

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Tsaedje posted:

Already preparing myself for the wall of 'Allo 'Allo jokes which I will be making

Hey now, listen very carefully....

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

All those breasts available for him, and he would still walk away sucking his thumb

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Even the grid girls are average. Get rid of the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Autech posted:

This place is the best though.

Agreed

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I never found out why the terrible Scot was subbing for Brundle...what a terrible idea.

He's infinitely more listenable to than Brundle and doesn't seem to have Brundle's raging hard on for Hamilton. I enjoyed his commentary :colbert:

• Locked thread