Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Actias posted:

Hey, Fates established that that's totally appropriate and normal behavior between a commander and members of their army.

When they implement supports in FEH I hope there's one between Ephraim and Corrin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So I just got another Leo, and I want to know who to keep: -Atk, or -spd. Both are +def, so that doesn't affect anything.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
http://imgur.com/a/Lwfb3

Half way to having enough fully developed units to do Squad Assault with all level 40 gold.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

BlazeEmblem posted:

So I just got another Leo, and I want to know who to keep: -Atk, or -spd. Both are +def, so that doesn't affect anything.

I don't have a Leo but he's slow as molasses from what I've seen so I imagine -spd is better than -atk

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
As a Leo owner myself I'd say go with the +atk because he ain't never doubling poo poo. Also he is awful regardless.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Quick Riposte mitigates the lack of speed a bit and +ATK with a rauublade and cav buffs should get some work done.

Alternatively, scrap 'em both and give Quick Riposte 3 to better units.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

That GHB looks...difficult. I'd say wolf tomes but all mine are 3* and 4*, and the mages probably have a high res anyway.

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 18, 2017

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

big trivia FAIL posted:

That GHB looks...difficult. I'd say wolf tomes but all mine are 3* and 4*, and the mages probably have a high res anyway.

3 Stars don't stop mkv...

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

cheetah7071 posted:

Speaking of the GHB, it looks like a pain in the rear end

https://twitter.com/fe_heroes_jp/status/886843665833795584

Unlike inflated stats splitting your army arbitrarily like this is an actual form of annoying and artificial difficulty imo

(yes i know it's based on the Echoes map but the situation there is different)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sure

quote:

artificial

how?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So I never actually used windsweep. Does it mean if I have it on a vantage unit, they effectively counter for free?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Rudoku posted:

3 Stars don't stop mkv...

I'm not very good at this game, though.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tae posted:

So I never actually used windsweep. Does it mean if I have it on a vantage unit, they effectively counter for free?

They're both b slot skills

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Most maps so far have always been puzzle-like, even with inflated stats it's always been "your army advances and breaches the enemy formation". But here instead of the difficulty coming from a tricky enemy formation, it's because they mess with your starting point and forces some units to be isolated and vulnerable. It's like making an obstacle course more difficult by tripping the runners intentionally.

Plus most teams are built around the assumption that they'll start near each other and can support each other easily, but then this map basically blindsides you. Like imagine if you don't know what the map is like and enter the battle with Eirika/Nino/Azura, assuming that they at least will start near each other, then you start the map and find your whole team doesn't work because they're all separated.

I guess calling it "artificial" is not necessarily correct though since there's never been any defined rules of how the maps should be structured.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 18, 2017

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Unlike inflated stats splitting your army arbitrarily like this is an actual form of annoying and artificial difficulty imo

(yes i know it's based on the Echoes map but the situation there is different)

Maybe they'll add a skill or weapon that increases your stats if the unit isn't next to any allies some day

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Then you lose 15 stamina and use your new knowledge of the map to plan another go? With a team not reliant on bunching up?

You literally control who you send in and what spaces they occupy, its not like its an insurmountable task compared to any other level you could enter with a poor team match up.
Having a map where you have to foil the ais attempt to gang up multiple dudes on your divided forces is interesting to me because it's an inversion me doing that to the ai all the time.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i like a map that encourages me to not use my block of sodomy cavalry emblem

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The ability to swap where your characters start before the map begins solves the 'artificial' part of the difficulty.

Remember the last map of World of Birthright and how before that change, you were just hosed if you had a non-lance unit in the first slot, because they'd be stuck in a box with Ryoma? That was artificial difficulty.

Tae posted:

Windsweep is only active while attacking, so no. This also means that units with Windsweep can still double when they're being attacked.

No I don't know why Windsweep disables the ability to double except that they dramatically overestimated how good it was, given that Windsweep in Echoes makes Alm double.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

ungulateman posted:

The ability to swap where your characters start before the map begins solves the 'artificial' part of the difficulty.

Remember the last map of World of Birthright and how you before that change, were just hosed if you had a non-lance unit in the first slot, because they'd be stuck in a box with Ryoma? That was artificial difficulty.

I remember that, but I also remember that my front was effie and she just lanced his dumb face in, take that lobster samurai

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Clawtopsy posted:

I remember that, but I also remember that my front was effie and she just lanced his dumb face in, take that lobster samurai

My front was Elise, iirc, but I'm pretty sure I won anyway.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm in favor of maps that encourage or force different tactics than usual

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

ungulateman posted:

Windsweep is only active while attacking, so no. This also means that units with Windsweep can still double when they're being attacked.

No I don't know why Windsweep disables the ability to double except that they dramatically overestimated how good it was, given that Windsweep in Echoes makes Alm double.

You're thinking of Double Lion, Windsweep is on Iron Swords in Echoes and prevents the enemy from counter attacking. I'm guessing Windsweep disables the ability to double in Heroes because most combat arts in Echoes don't double.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I just don't like the map design, I guess. I don't really like those few maps in Echoes that split your army with no context either. But that's subjective.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Tae posted:

Wind sweep is awful because it stops your unit from doubling and leaves them a sitting duck.

Scenario A without windsweep: Your unit attacks, enemy counters, you attack again killing enemy.

Scenario B with windsweep: Your unit attacks, enemy doesn't counter, you don't do poo poo either. Enemy phase starts and they get a free shot at you.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Wind sweep has it's moments against tanks. Hit in close with Alm, take no counter, and then have a heavy ranged (Usually Julia for me) come up behind and kill. Works great against Hectors in Tempest who'd otherwise wipe Julia with <5 HP remaining.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Speaking of which, how's Firesweep? I have a Roderick who I wasn't especially excited for (he's -ATK), but he seemed surprisingly decent when I was leveling him. Would it be worth giving away to anyone?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The Firesweep Lance is drastically better than the -sweep skills because it effectively makes you a ranged unit with the BST of a melee unit, except you can also attack enemy ranged units without being countered

It's perfectly suited for the ORKO meta and I don't understand why they thought it was a good idea

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Who has the stats for it though, because I've always felt Roderick was rather poo poo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Who has the stats for it though, because I've always felt Roderick was rather poo poo

SRobin, Charlotte

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Roderick has 31 Atk/34 Spd so he probably can use it pretty well

Anyway Firesweep Cordelia is quite popular

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't really see the point of using firesweep lance instead of her natural brave lance on Cordelia

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I mean Firesweep has 6 extra Mt and she's fast enough to double most things, so it'll be like a stronger brave attack. Of course then she loses the quad potential, but it's a decent trade-off imo.

It's also much more annoying to deal with in arena than Brave weapons.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

I mean Firesweep has 6 extra Mt and she's fast enough to double most things, so it'll be like a stronger brave attack. Of course then she cannot quad, but it's a decent trade-off imo.

It's also much more annoying to deal with in arena than Brave weapons.

Arena is heavily weighted towards units that are fast as gently caress (and Rein). She definitely can't reliably double most things there without buffs, nothing can.

That's why brave weapons are so powerful, they ignore the need for a speed stat. For example, with the firesweep build she can't kill Nino, while the brave build does.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 18, 2017

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
+spd, Life and Death Cordelia can't reliably double? Really? That's like 42 spd if using LnD2. My Linde *almost* always doubles.

But my +spd Cordelia, now that I think about it, would have 35 + 8 + 4 = 47atk and guaranteed doubles with firesweep lance+ and lnd2, or 35 + 15 + 4 = 54atk and *usual* doubles with FL+.

I'm not sure she'll always get the ORKO with 47atk, even if she always doubles. But now I'm not sure it's worth 20k feathers to promote Roderick to 5* for that lance.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Something something Firesweep L+ and Hit and Run and Reposition.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Does a +Spd/-Res Delthea want Luna, Draconic Aura, or Iceberg (28 Res)?

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
How often do you end up on a map where Hit and Run will move you onto a space where the enemy can't attack you? It seems like a gimmick and I feel like a breaker would be better in the B slot.

E: I also have a Hinoka and a bunch of Ests, one of which is +atk, so if I was going to spend 20k feathers to 5* Cordelia, it wouldn't make sense to go for brave lance, since Hinoka does that, or I could inherit Hinoka's brave lance+ onto a +atk, merged 4* Est, who with her +atk would do more damage than either of the other two. Not enough for +10, but I have 5 or 6 of her, which is enough to get her 38 base atk at 4*.

oliveoil fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 18, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oliveoil posted:

+spd, Life and Death Cordelia can't reliably double? Really? That's like 42 spd if using LnD2. My Linde *almost* always doubles.

But my +spd Cordelia, now that I think about it, would have 35 + 8 + 4 = 47atk and guaranteed doubles with firesweep lance+ and lnd2, or 35 + 15 + 4 = 54atk and *usual* doubles with FL+.

I'm not sure she'll always get the ORKO with 47atk, even if she always doubles. But now I'm not sure it's worth 20k feathers to promote Roderick to 5* for that lance.

She can't double Nino for example and misses the kill because of it. Same with many Ryomas and these are just from the top of my head.

The arena also features a lot of merged unit past a certain point and 42 speed definitely isn't the always double range. 46 with a buff is closer to it but you still miss on some fast units. If we are talking about tempest then the amount of 40+ enemies is also getting really big.

What extra kills does the firesweep lance actually get you compared to the brave?

oliveoil posted:

How often do you end up on a map where Hit and Run will move you onto a space where the enemy can't attack you? It seems like a gimmick and I feel like a breaker would be better in the B slot.

Very often (or at least move to a position where I can use other movement skills for the save. Hit and Run/Drag back are really good on offensively strong fliers.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 18, 2017

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

Andrast posted:

She can't double Nino for example and misses the kill because of it. Same with many Ryomas and these are just from the top of my head.

The arena also features a lot of merged unit past a certain point and 42 speed definitely isn't the always double range. 46 with a buff is closer to it but you still miss on some fast units.

What extra kills does the firesweep lance actually get you compared to the brave?

The firesweep lets you hit and run without getting attacked. I am not sure how beneficial that is but I saw some people on Reddit who thought it was super cool, to the point where they moved Cordelia up from S to S+ tier just because of FL+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oliveoil posted:

The firesweep lets you hit and run without getting attacked. I am not sure how beneficial that is but I saw some people on Reddit who thought it was super cool, to the point where they moved Cordelia up from S to S+ tier just because of FL+.

Well the tier lists are poo poo.

I would personally take a +ATK brave Cordelia over a +SPD firesweep Cordelia every time.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 18, 2017