Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I've got my Sunday's free for gaming now if you wanna play guilty gear or something, I'm still on the last version tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've got my Sunday's free for gaming now if you wanna play guilty gear or something, I'm still on the last version tho

The new version lets you go back so its cool lemme know when your free

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Double Bill posted:

Big bodies rule but Abigail's animations look janky as gently caress. Hopefully it's all WIP still

This but for literally every aspect of the game.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

man nurse posted:

I'm excited for the nostalgia costumes, the ryu stage, the metro city stage, the new CPT stage, and the big dumb new man. I will continue to spend money on this game, lol.

:yeah:

Abigail has convinced me to redownload the game and start playing again. Only two trophies left (300EX/Super finishes) so maybe I can knock that out too. He's the dumbest character I've ever seen in any fighting game. And because of how massively unpopular he is, no one's gonna play him, which means no one's gonna know how to deal with his bullshit for awhile. You play Abby, you're gonna rampage.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Nevar forget :patriot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVk5Ss_gf10

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Abigail looks real dumb, he's just lovely Hugo.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'd have to grind FM without any of the "big" rewards of it left in SP.

Barf.

they added new combo trials for S2 so you can just go through every character's trials again for easy FM

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Somehow more ridiculous than Abubo. Dammit, Capcom...

E: Also, lol at the trailer stats

That Ignorant Sap fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 17, 2017

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Dracula Factory posted:

Abigail looks real dumb, he's just lovely Hugo.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Abigail is the first character I've had any degree of hype for since F.A.N.G. tricked me into buying this game.
I think they put him in over Hugo because they wanted a new type of large character instead of the same toolkit for the third time - but it was still a dumb decision. I hope he's a fun dumb decision.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Flailing arm avatar man like flailing arm street fighter character

IMAAAAGINE THAAAAAAAT

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I'm a lovely retard and I will enjoy playing as the lovely retard

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im actually shocked at how much negative press abigail seems to get, the dude has potemkin limbs and thats funny to me. i have zero interest in playing SFV but he's got a funny design and i'll take that over seeing another vet with a neutered moveset

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Countblanc posted:

im actually shocked at how much negative press abigail seems to get, the dude has potemkin limbs and thats funny to me. i have zero interest in playing SFV but he's got a funny design and i'll take that over seeing another vet with a neutered moveset

Or even redesigns. After Akuma I don't want to see what Capcom would do to Sagat or Sakura.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope they do honda riding hakkan like a surf board like in the ugly artwork that shipped with the bad single player character background story mode

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
I've watched that trailer a few times and I got to admit he's kinda growing on me. The design is just so wtf, but I was hype for Abigail before. I'll give him a go.
I can not wait for the modded move/model swap videos to come out.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Countblanc posted:

at this point people have internalized enough negative thoughts on sfv long enough that anything it does will be wrong and bad and terrible

ofc since it's capcom they'll usually be right but still

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
He's okay. He looks dumb but he's supposed to look dumb. Moveset-wise he looks like a Hugo-style grappler so I couldn't give less of a gently caress about him. I dunno why they didn't just go with Haggar instead, but eh, it's whatever.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqznSaYMDA&t=1351s

:bisonyes:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Countblanc posted:

I don't mind Abigail being goofy, but at the same time it's incredibly typical and boring by now. They had a multitude of Final Fight characters to pull from that haven't been in the games yet and it feels like "The boss that people least remember from Final Fight" is a weak and lame pull. I also just genuinely dislike how loving enormous he is from a gameplay perspective, but whatever. He's not offensively bad, but he's not really worth even chuckling at I feel because turning generic muscular henchman into goofy playable character has been done to death in SF now.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ROFL Octopus posted:

Or even redesigns. After Akuma I don't want to see what Capcom would do to Sagat or Sakura.

Q isn't going to wear the trenchcoat or the mask

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Pomp posted:

hosed up but definitely true

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
q is going to wear the mask but only to hide the shame of his hideous capcom-qualtiy sfv face

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

q is going to wear the mask but only to hide the shame of his hideous capcom-qualtiy sfv face

his face will clip through the mask

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Pomp posted:

instead kids run towards him and Q is now a role model and school teacher, complete with academic dress

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
wait gently caress that would actually be a cool as hell skin

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

anime was right posted:

Q will wear the coat and mask, but V-Trigger shoots them off like he was Kamen Rider Kabuto and we finally see how stupid he looks underneath.

E: Moveset is up.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
his vskills are named as if he's canadian all might

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ROFL Octopus posted:

Pomp posted:

No no. Q will be Sagat.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Saqat

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Im gonna play SF5 again cause of Abigail. He is the most perfect character ever to be created.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
i mean I wouldn't have played sf5 for her, but it would have been THE perfect time to get closer to finalizing how poison will play in the sf universe considering she felt cool in sf4.

And she made me feel sassy.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Evil Canadian posted:

Im gonna play SF5 again cause of Abigail. He is the most perfect character ever to be created.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I mean if abigail is all it takes for you to play again you likely weren't objecting to the game much to being with.

I've learned in a post juri and kolin world, it's just not enough to have a character you like, in a game you don't like to play.

Also doesn't help that juri just isn't as fun as her sf4 version.

I prefer sf5 Bison and Vega over their sf4 parts (guile to an extent too) and I still just can't jive with the game.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can't pretend to not be tickled at the prospect of an attack that's an aggressive jog at your opponent

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
SFV Juri was a war crime, that design botched everything interesting about her SF4 iteration.

I think my reaction to SFV characters says a lot about how this game panned out, other games I'm all "ooh, so you can do THIS off that, that's cool, my character doesn't get this", SFV is "...well, I can't do this, or that, so I guess it's just another SFV style character".

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Hey, possibly getting back into this game after putting it down since a little after launch, but it also involves me buying it again. My only question is: Is the netcode any more stable than it was around launch? Note that I changed internet providers between then and now to one that's a lot less poo poo so it's possible the problems were on me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

My only question is: Is the netcode any more stable than it was around launch?

lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Hey, possibly getting back into this game after putting it down since a little after launch, but it also involves me buying it again. My only question is: Is the netcode any more stable than it was around launch? Note that I changed internet providers between then and now to one that's a lot less poo poo so it's possible the problems were on me.

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://youtu.be/lY74H6Jf_Wk

Some dude spent a lot of time making a super sfv trailer from an alternate dimension. People broke brained over this game.