Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

Ah yes, American Imperialism, thats what it was. I remember when Obama went to Pakistan and told the government they were nothing, and that the land belonged to America now.

You need to have actual conquest and acquisition for it to be imperialism, you loving idiot. The root word is empire. Again, words actually loving means something, and its not "they didn't declare a hundred years of milkshakes and hugs and burn all weapons".

See what I mean? Word and context don't mean anything to leftists compared to screaming about how Democrats are evil and just as bad as Republicans. They just throw around buzzwords when reality is ugly and you think that the only reason that things aren't perfect is because Democrats actively hate them and are evil.

can you take your bullshit to the dem thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crabtree posted:

Who the gently caress is going to have confidence in Trumpcare V2-10: No for real, this time we'll get it done!

I can think of one person who will 100% believe each version will pass no matter the odds and will post about it too.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

SpaceCadetBob posted:

The moderates that keep bailing.

The same moderates who were about to fall for an "oh we won't REALLY let the bad stuff happen" bait-and-switch before Senator Forehead found out about it with his telepathic rays?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

mdemone posted:

[citation needed]

"Half True" - yeah, but I mentioned that Obama made changes to it.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2013/nov/15/ellen-qualls/aca-gop-health-care-plan-1993/

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Trabisnikof posted:

Uh did you miss Bernie Sanders? Obviously he is both good and great. No flaws and he never supported slavery unlike Obama.

he's got a pretty sweet gig profiting off his wife's fraud though?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

Uh did you miss Bernie Sanders? Obviously he is both good and great. No flaws and he never supported slavery unlike Obama.

He was great enough that he lost the primary miserably aand decided to stay in long after he lost just to make it even more bitter and divisive.

And cue claiming it was a conspiracy against him and he was too pure to win, man.

Also, his wife committed bank fraud if we're just going to legitimize all right wing talking points.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

eviltastic posted:

Almost missed this one:https://twitter.com/costareports/status/887123735513374721
Yeah that's the poo poo, give it to me straight up

While he's right, the GOP base would have sucked up whatever the GOP did, including leaving the ACA, the shift to 'destroying our democracy' isn't a great one.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone else pointed out that Trump was photographed in another large motor vehicle when the healthcare bill died in the House back in March?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zikan posted:

can you take your bullshit to the dem thread

"Imperialism actually has a definition"

"gently caress YOU AND YOUR BULLSHIT, GET OUT!"

See what I mean?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Ignoring the trolling for more news.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/887130563861204992

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/887133341312589824

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

mmm yes, the mystery solved!

"you have to have a degree" loving lmao

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/887134287350439936

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think I had read that without going through reconciliation, any tax cuts would have to have a sunset provision like the Bush era ones did. So they ideally want to have permanent tax cuts that they can enshrine into law.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Edible Hat posted:

Has anyone else pointed out that Trump was photographed in another large motor vehicle when the healthcare bill died in the House back in March?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Sounds like he is accepting defeat.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

This is just sad

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

nachos posted:

This is just sad

Speak for yourself, I think its hilarious.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Sneakster posted:

I agree the message is terrifying, but I can't take that guy seriously. He just looks so pampered and compensating that it feels silly. Your boss's boss is totally ready to take on the untamed irradiated wasteland frontier.

I wonder if that unhinged maniac in Nevada threatening violence against mass murder conspirators had something to do with this. :argh: Violent Left!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrnIVVWtAag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgMRP4KOALw

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

By regular order, he means holding hearings on legislation, and working for bipartisan compromise when needed. If they don't do this, I assume McCain will be very concerned.

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/887136144776933376

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fulchrum posted:

You need to have actual conquest and acquisition for it to be imperialism, you loving idiot. The root word is empire. Again, words actually loving means something, and its not "they didn't declare a hundred years of milkshakes and hugs and burn all weapons".

This is shockingly stupid. Do you not know what a client state is? Old style imperialism stopped being profitable over a century ago.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

the replies to this are wonderful

redhats and alt right intellectuals of twitter and youtube just spamming CNN memes and screaming MAGA

i think they're not happy that daddy keeps failing

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

KickerOfMice posted:

The chickenchat was amazing and Popeye's or GTFO.
Not trying to re-start it, so I'll end gracefully with something we all can agree on. KFC should be thrown into the sea and forgotten.

KFC is poo poo... except that I loving love their fries with a burning passion. Don't know what they do to 'em, don't rightly care to.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

The guy has less political intuition than Gandhi in the Civ games.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ah yes. so many dems willing to hop on this ride.

wow

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I wish I were the person who got to tell McConnell what Trump just tweeted.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Edible Hat posted:

:tinfoil:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/887134035654434820

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/887134714494058504

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/887134786854244352

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Keep in mind that Trump literally has no idea what Obamacare actually is from a policy perspective. He's a full-on mark. He legitimately has no understanding of the obstacles Republicans are facing right now.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

The guy has less political intuition than Gandhi in the Civ games.

Let's hope is isn't more likely to use nukes than Gandhi in civ games.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

This is shockingly stupid. Do you not know what a client state is? Old style imperialism stopped being profitable over a century ago.

Ah, so Yemen and Pakistan are client states. I assume that is why Obama hand picked the leaders of these countries and they were forced to pay tribute to America. Meanwhile, Isis are the brave freedom fighters trying to bring the people the leaders they truly want.

Again, client state has a meaning too, and this doesn't fall anywhere close to it. So whats the next buzzword that Obama was guilty of? Heretical Bonapartism? Anti-neolithicism?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 18, 2017

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
i made an audible noise after reading this

https://twitter.com/edatpost/status/887134094525681665

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Fulchrum posted:

Ah yes, American Imperialism, thats what it was. I remember when Obama went to Pakistan and told the government they were nothing, and that the land belonged to America now.

See what I mean? Word and context don't mean anything to leftists compared to screaming about how Democrats are evil and just as bad as Republicans. They just throw around buzzwords when reality is ugly and you think that the only reason that things aren't perfect is because Democrats actively hate them and are evil.

I thought you were just a rube to be taken in by Cuckerburg, but this is a new level of boorishness. I have never in my life seen someone try to dismiss imperialism as an umbrella buzzword with no actual bearing on modern American hegemony, nevermind historical American expansion, just because we didn't literally annex Pakistan. Like, how do you even address this level of reactionary literalism?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

Ah, so Yemen, Pakistan and Qatar are client states. I assume that is why Obama hand picked the leaders of these countries and they were forced to pay tribute to America. Meanwhile, Isis are the brave freedom fighters trying to bring the people the leaders they truly want.

Again, client state has a meaning too, and this doesn't fall anywhere close to it. So whats the next buzzword that Obama was guilty of? Heretical Bonapartism? Anti-neolithicism?

Obama's administration had 17,000+ slaves under his control and he didn't free them.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The #NeverTrumpers continue to dunk on their hated foe

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/887137484651581450

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Never forget that Trump has the power to just stop funding the ACA subsidies. His calls for Congress to do it is proof that there is a limit to his stupidity.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Is Hannity okay?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Given that he's trying to fund anti-Jeff Flake candidates already, I really hope the failure of the BHCA leads Trump to declare war on other Senators for having "failed him".

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Breitbart comments

Both parties are useless, something big needs to happen....unleash the cracken.....
-
Nothing worse than a self righteous sanctimonious POS racist, misogynist mormon who thinks he has ethics and that he is better than everyone else.

FLAKE, LEE, and whatever other mormons we have in the Senate need to be voted out of office.
-
I don't f.. in get those RINOS, they asked us for the HOUSE, they begged us for the SENATE, they implored us for the EXECUTIVE and we delivered ALL, now that they have all they don't deliver, SAD!!!
-
WHY IS IT SO drat HARD TO JUST GO BACK TO WHAT IT WAS BEFORE THIS PARASITE OBUMA TOOK OFFICE?
-
Trump should address the nation on TV and explain that we cannot pass a bill because the democrats wont participate, and many republicans are obstructionists..He should then name every one of them that was against the bill and tell the voters that these are the people to blame..He should then announce that Obamacare will die and give an approximate date for that..He should end the session by telling America that he tried, but the aforementioned people tied his hands
-
I  will never blame PDJT, it is all on the F..in RINOS. Infuriating!!!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

skeleton warrior posted:

Given that he's trying to fund anti-Jeff Flake candidates already, I really hope the failure of the BHCA leads Trump to declare war on other Senators for having "failed him".

How do we convince him that McConnell is the weak link and has to go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

• Locked thread