Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

someone post screenshots of t_d and how they are rationalizing this

It's amazing

http://imgur.com/a/sBHE7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/887156984256094208

Good Lord could a worse bill exist?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/887144137459421185

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
lol efb

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lote posted:

And when you run out of bullets, you throw the gun.

The GOP's attempt at throwing the gun, in clip form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZxNbAwY_rk&t=158s

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

that sounds like a challenge

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Hollismason posted:

Yeah they don't have the votes to repeal so I dunno why they want to do this.
Daddy Trump is telling them to do it, or they'll be on his poo poo list. He's dumping $10 million into attacking one guy on that poo poo list already, so that's not a list any Republican wants to be on.

This way, Mitch will be able to truthfully tell his master "Hey, I did exactly what you demanded, but those other senators didn't listen to you." Meanwhile every Republican gets to play yet another round of Legislative chicken, everyone pledging to vote "Yes" so Trump will remember their obedience, with the last few holdouts stuck voting against it to save the entire party, taking on the President's inevitable wrath and retaliation for daring to do so.

It will almost certainly end with a result just like today, with nearly everyone showing Don that they do as he commands, except a few sacrificial "No" votes... unless somehow everyone is too afraid to be the one who resists, in which case they pass this bill that I doubt more than a few of them actually want.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 18, 2017

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

So how does this work? Reconciliation bills are required to be debt neutral over 10 years...?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rigel posted:

oh, I guess there is a version of "full repeal" that is not full repeal but reconciliation-approved

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/887150472292904961

Thats almost impressive

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

skylined! posted:

we are at a non zero chance that the gop, controlling all three branches, somehow manages to be the most ineffective legislative body in history
Are all the powerful people really this demented, incompetent, treacherous, disconnected from society as a whole, sociopathic, inhuman, potentially demonic ghouls? Or did I answer my own question?

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

What is the point of the Senate
To prevent land reforms.

Rigel posted:

The #NeverTrumpers continue to dunk on their hated foe

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/887137484651581450
Oh dear. Bill Kristol is not wrong. True north no longer exists. We're definitely no longer in the keystone timeline.

coyo7e posted:

*NRA commercials endorsing political killings
Every time I see that mans face, I can't help but vividly imagine him getting tomato red screaming about getting laughed at for baby dick from roids that didn't even work

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Never forget that Trump has the power to just stop funding the ACA subsidies. His calls for Congress to do it is proof that there is a limit to his stupidity.
I'm not loving joking: what makes you think HE knows he can do that? This is a man who can't even read an entire paragraph without his name put in it. I'm reasonably sure the only reason he hasn't fired Mueller is because he can't pay attention to an explanation of the process long enough, and just gives up, saying to just have Rod do it, who's inevitable response is a evasive "yeah.. sure" every time he gets asked with mounting nervousness.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Something I've been wondering about for a while: the reason Republicans are having difficulty coming up with a repeal and replace bill is because they need to come up with something that will be deficit neutral for over 10 years, right? (because of the Byrd Rule)

But why wouldn't they just pass this poo poo right now and worry about it later like the Bush tax cuts? I'd figure having some repeal and tax cuts is better than nothing.

Is this just a case of Republicans being so greedy it actually ends up being counterproductive?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
As an Arizonian, im really worried about the type of person who could possibly replace Flake. And McCain. This state is deep red hell hole and I see way too many Confederate flags. We might actually miss McCain if he gets replaced by some psycho magahat.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Use Medicaid savings to toss old people into the trash.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Charliegrs posted:

As an Arizonian, im really worried about the type of person who could possibly replace Flake. And McCain. This state is deep red hell hole and I see way too many Confederate flags. We might actually miss McCain if he gets replaced by some psycho magahat.

I'm tired of this argument. He's an old man, he's going to die soon anyway, he will be replaced by someone worse no matter when he dies. Why panic about it?

It's going to happen, it's just a matter of when, and since no one can know that, why bother discussing it going :ohdear: "But what about his replacement?"

Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Push El Burrito posted:

jobs!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm glad my grandma died before they could get around to taking her Medicare away

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Mr Interweb posted:

Something I've been wondering about for a while: the reason Republicans are having difficulty coming up with a repeal and replace bill is because they need to come up with something that will be deficit neutral for over 10 years, right? (because of the Byrd Rule)

Keeping the bill deficit neutral isn't the problem so much as creating something that both moderates and conservatives are willing to sign off on. The thing to keep in mind is that the GOP really isn't acting in good faith when it comes to "fixing" healthcare. Nothing they're doing is really about healthcare at all.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

But wait, there's more

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/880768006988673024

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mr Interweb posted:

But why wouldn't they just pass this poo poo right now and worry about it later like the Bush tax cuts? I'd figure having some repeal and tax cuts is better than nothing.

Is this just a case of Republicans being so greedy it actually ends up being counterproductive?

There are more than 2 Republicans who demand the worst possible option for doing so. At the same time there are more than 2 Republicans whose states are happy with a lot of the things the ACA did. Since the loss of more than 2 votes means that the bill will not pass, this causes an issue.

Especially when madmen like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul stalk the halls and must be pandered to in some manner if the bill is to have a chance to pass.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Not that I think they have any chance of getting a repeal through, but the argument is going to be that the CBO report is meaningless because the repeal won't go into effect immediately and Republicans will come up with a really great plan before anyone loses their insurance.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I don't care how or by who, but I absolutely need this to get brought up at the next White House press conference, because I've got some major questions about a fuckdoll.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Mr Interweb posted:

The fundamental problem is that there is no reasonable solution to healthcare more conservative than Obamacare.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

someone post screenshots of t_d and how they are rationalizing this

cuck cuck cuck triggered libtards MAGA

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

Not that I think they have any chance of getting a repeal through, but the argument is going to be that the CBO report is meaningless because the repeal won't go into effect immediately and Republicans will come up with a really great plan before anyone loses their insurance.

"You had seven years to come up with a really great plan, why wasn't it what you came out with from the start?"

(Not that any sort of logic or reason matters to people making that argument)

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Does anybody in this thread understand how it passes reconciliation? It seems to violate everything I understand about it!

Paradoxish posted:

Companies will pull out of the individual market way before that happens, though. Do they really think nothing will happen until the midterms?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Paradoxish posted:

I think their plan is "vote for repeal to say you did to the rabid base in 2018, but we'll wind up losing the house or senate and the dems can bail us out before grandma dies." Then they can campaign in 2020 railing against whatever plan the dems passed to keep their constituents alive.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

RottenK posted:

4d chess

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Good thing I got me a lifetime supply of Alex Jones' Dad-Bod Turbo Health rear end Kickers for when my healthcare gets repealed to the Victorian era.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Push El Burrito posted:

I like this idea. I like it a lot.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Breitbart comments
WHY IS IT SO drat HARD TO JUST GO BACK TO WHAT IT WAS BEFORE
This wasn't so much typed out as it was heard through the collective Republican id's psychic scream tearing through the ether.

HappyHippo posted:

But wait, there's more
Do you think they noticed that they couldn't pass anything because all their ideas are terrible clusterfucks that terrified everyone including their brain rotted base?

Sufficiently Republican legislation is indistinguishable from hostile foreign power's campaign of sabotage to dismantle a functioning state.

RottenK posted:

Don't forget ((globalists))

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Charliegrs posted:

Please. Arizona isn't that bad. So many people have moved there from other states, it is constantly changing and becoming more purple by the year. Registered Republicans only hold about a 4% edge over registered Democrats. I say this as a ten year transplant.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

mynnna posted:

"You had seven years to come up with a really great plan, why wasn't it what you came out with from the start?"
Follow up question that would also not get a coherent answer: "If this was the best you could do in seven years of constant work, how do you expect to create a better bill in two years when you have to start over and have so many other obligations that you haven't really even started on yet?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wasn't one of the reasons that repeal and replace later would not work was because insurance companies would GTFO of certain markets? Like the whole 2 years later wouldn't stop anything really.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Not that you can expect consistency with prior statements from these motherfuckers, but still

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/887161554944180224

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Hahahahaha that's loving incredible imagine managing, on purpose, to write a bill that essentially outright prohibits health insurance for 3/4 of the loving country

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chilichimp posted:

Someone made an excellent point earlier... They can't cut medicare in an election year. Nobody is that stupid.

For the love of god, stop saying that!

Sneakster posted:

Are all the powerful people really this demented, incompetent, treacherous, disconnected from society as a whole, sociopathic, inhuman, potentially demonic ghouls? Or did I answer my own question?

Yes, because as we proved earlier, the left is really insistent that anyone who isn't demented, incompetent, treachorous, disconnected from society as a whole, sociopathic, inhuman, and potentially demonically ghoulish be forced out of office for any transgressions against this ideal perfect government, while the right is very insistent on electing anyone who is those things.

But remember, only a cuck and a right wing shithead would ever dare question them.

Charliegrs posted:

Oh no, we might lose our venerated ally from across the aisle who one time voted on one thing relating to methane that ended up being a moot point, and gently caress all else of import.

But he would no longer have concerns. Concerns that allow people to say "look, not all Republicans are bad".

You can argue its improper to lust after the death of an old man who has a family who love him and would miss him, and while I don't begrudge people their right to hate him in spite of that, I agree with it. However, don't try and sell this lame rear end "the next guy will be a lot less likely to turn against the party than McCain" narrative.

White house has released a picture of the translator that was hired for this call.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

Hey, fellow Floridian person. I recently lost my job too and right now have no healthcare insurance at all. Weird thing was, even when I had it, I basically had no TIME to visit the doctor anyway. I have mental health and addiction issues (as well as some physical ones) but don't know a lot of treatment facilities that offer weekend and evening hours that could cater to my schedule. My job was real funny about me missing 2 hours during a day to go seek mental counseling and now that I have the time, I can't afford the visits and they won't renew meds without seeing me.

So it's a nasty loving loop and just one more argument for things like flexible hours (and of course UHC) but if your work experience in FL is anything like mine, you MUST be at work at 7:30, take your lunch exactly from 12-12:45 and punch out precisely at 4:15. Doesn't matter if you have an hour commute and you have to pick up your 6 year old son by 5 or anything.

But at least I'm "free" to "choose", such as it is.

I know I'm 20 pages behind on this thread (moves fast, etc, etc)... but this is loving horrific. Aren't there any MedGoons in FL to give these people a hand?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Well there are still some people with insurance. I'm sure they could just outlaw all medical treatment.

:laffo: that this is Plan C

I also wanna know how that 2015 bill causes more people to lose insurance than a full repeal does. That might be the winner of dumbest bill.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Adequate posted:

Hahahahaha that's loving incredible imagine managing, on purpose, to write a bill that essentially outright prohibits health insurance for 3/4 of the loving country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VrvhUU7Kok

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Thaddius the Large posted:

I don't care how or by who, but I absolutely need this to get brought up at the next White House press conference, because I've got some major questions about a fuckdoll.

Okay, let's put the hold on Russia for a second, because I have some pressing questions that need an answer:
1)Who made the statement about the doll?
2)How did the dolls' orientation come to be known?
and 3)What were they even discussing that would lead to the topic of sex dolls being brought up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Hastings posted:

Okay, let's put the hold on Russia for a second, because I have some pressing questions that need an answer:
1)Who made the statement about the doll?
2)How did the dolls' orientation come to be known?
and 3)What were they even discussing that would lead to the topic of sex dolls being brought up?

Bannon was lamenting his status as an incel, because even an inflatable fuckdoll refuses to gently caress him.

• Locked thread